Fitness Influencers Need to Pay Rent at Their Gym

Prince

Prince

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

No, the title of this article isn’t clickbait… I truly believe that fitness influencers need to pay more than typical members at the gym. Why, because they’re essentially running a business inside of a business. Now, before you say, “But Matt, they’re paying to use the gym, so why shouldn’t they be able to do whatever they want?” Why? Because that’s not how the world works. If I pay for a bus ticket and get on there with a million pieces of camera equipment, and it interrupts the ability for people to use public transportation and it’s a hazard where people can get hurt, the bus company can tell that person to get lost. https://www.ironmaglabs.com/2024/fitness-influencers-need-to-pay-rent-at-their-gym/

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My home gym promotes this kind of activity. They are always sharing videos/selfies of members that post on Instagram. It must be good for business because the gym has never been more busy.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This will only raise entitlement. I can see it now. “We pay more, so this equipment is ours…Oh and stay out of our camera shot”

The solution is they GTFO. Go film in a private location.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This will only raise entitlement. I can see it now. “We pay more, so this equipment is ours…Oh and stay out of our camera shot”

The solution is they GTFO. Go film in a private location.

I agree with this. If anything, there should be gyms with built-in cameras at every weight station/exercise equipment and if influencers want to film themselves, they can pay a "camera fee" or fee to download their videos if they want to post them online.