Zcol's log

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Oh man! Nothing worse than tweaking the back! Ibuprofen for the inflammation. Good you called the session.
This is the second time in 3 months last time was terrible though, today wasn't too bad but enough to call it a day, since it's happened twice now I'm going to lighten the weight tremendously and get a video of my next session, for it to happen twice now there has to be something terribly wrong with my form

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good idea on video! I'm sure the guys here can help you out!

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Now I just gotta figure out where to set up my phone to do the vid.... I'm alone in the gym at 4 am

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now I just gotta figure out where to set up my phone to do the vid.... I'm alone in the gym at 4 am
I put it on a bench or stand and lean it against small plates usually.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Thanks setting it on the flat bench should give me a good angle.... I should have thought of that myself lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is the second time in 3 months last time was terrible though, today wasn't too bad but enough to call it a day, since it's happened twice now I'm going to lighten the weight tremendously and get a video of my next session, for it to happen twice now there has to be something terribly wrong with my form
Good call. A little video goes a long way. Congrats on the PR, in any case.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
9-17-14 day 40 of ostar1ne
To day was supposed to be a "rest day"
But I decided to go in and hit what back exercises I could without pain, kept the weights low and really squeezed the muscle on every rep
Pull-ups: 8,10,10 (1 sec.pause at the top of each rep)
Chest supported t bar row: 6,6,6,6
Wide grip pull down: 8,8,8
Machine row narrow grips: 10,10,10
Then I hit 15 min liss on the bike
Successful day considering I can't do anything bent over

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Osta should help with the healing. Nice job with this workout even though your back was in pain. Hey, where are the weights lifted? We want to see the strength increases!

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking the osta should help it just sucked that I hurt myself on my last week of osta

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
9-18-14 day 41 ostar1ne
Shoulders
Standing OHP: 95x5 135x5 165x3,3,3
Seated Arnold press: 60s x 6,6,6,5
Side laterals: 25s x 10,10,10
Machine side laterals: 10,10,10,10,10
Face pulls: 10,10,10,10
One arm cable rear delt raise: 10,10,10
Great shoulder workout, back felt a little unstable on the ohp's but no pain so that's a good sign, guy in the gym said I've made a lot of progress since he saw me last time, like 3 weeks ago, so I guess even though I haven't noticed a whole lot body comp wise, I've been making size gains and losing fat

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strong presses Z! Got to love another person complimenting you on size and definition. Nice job!

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Strong presses Z! Got to love another person complimenting you on size and definition. Nice job!
Yeah, especially since I'm checking every day for improvements, it's harder for me to notice

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
9-19-14 day 42 of ostar1ne
Legs
Squat: 135x5 185x5 225x5 275x3 315x3 365x1
Leg press: 12,12,12,12
Lying leg curl: 8,8,8,8
Seated leg curl/leg extension super set: 15,15

My back ruined this workout, but I guess it wasn't too bad because wit wasn't sure if I could even squat, and it felt good all the way until I loaded 365 on the bar, this would have been the end of my cycle but I'm going to continue one more week hoping it can help heal my back, weighed in again this morning at 191 I'll have update pics here shortly

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not certain what's normal for your squats, but those are solid numbers especially going in and not feeling it at first.

Looking forward to your noods.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
I attempted to use tiny pic to upload my pics but it isn't working, what else can I use?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's tiny pic?

What do you post from?

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
A website I upload the photo there and then it gives me a link to post here, I'm on my iPhone

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A website I upload the photo there and then it gives me a link to post here, I'm on my iPhone
There is a free AM app that should make posting pictures relatively easy.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
I'm on the app and when I try to add pictures from my photos they won't show up, that's why I started uploading them to tinypic first haha

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm on the app and when I try to add pictures from my photos they won't show up, that's why I started uploading them to tinypic first haha
Ah. I use Tapatalk with no issues. I can't remember if it's free or not though.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411227855.277087.jpg
got tapatalk so this is easy now

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411228048.844891.jpg

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411228079.516181.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411228090.145069.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411228100.241325.jpg

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
I finally discovered the timer on my camera haha

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good there Z.

You have a timer on your iPhone?

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Yea, it may not have been there before, I just updated it

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ah. I haven't decided if I'm going to update if yet...

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
It's a lot different but I think it will be good once I'm used to it

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good brother! I wouldn't do any heavy loading on your back this week while you finish the osta - you've been going heavy a lot, and after that bad pull best thing is to keep training smart around the injury. Maybe squat or hacksquat next week w/ 70% type weights (or lighter if needed). You can kill your legs still with any % if you're willing to suck it up and dig deep through the volume.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
9-22-14 day 45 of ostar1ne
Chest
Bench press: 135x10 185x5 225x3 255x3,3,3
Incline db bench: 70x6 85x6 85x4
Weighted dips: 45 lb plate x 6,6,6,6
Incline db fly: 12,12,12
Cable crossover: 15,15,15
Hiit jump rope

Back is feeling a lot better after the weekend my bench was strong this morning and I was looking a little leaner this morning, I'll have to be careful tomorrow to not stress my lower back at all

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strong pressing and good volume! Nice job. I'd personally skip the back day to let it heal completely. Advice from an old guy that knows back issues can last a lifetime.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking I might be able to only do pull ups for a ton of reps and call it a day, I didn't think that would impact my lower back at all

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was thinking I might be able to only do pull ups for a ton of reps and call it a day, I didn't think that would impact my lower back at all
Oh, sounds like a good plan! Thought you might be doing stressful back movements. Carry on! Lol

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strong presses Z!

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Oh, sounds like a good plan! Thought you might be doing stressful back movements. Carry on! Lol
I was tempted to but another person saying I should hold off changed my mind

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Strong presses Z!
Thanks, today was another pr, previously I had only hit 255 for a double, today I hit it for 3 triples and I really didn't struggle too much

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Took today off, I was just so tired this morning I didn't wanna get up, my back probably needed the off day anyways

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
8-25-2014
Shoulders
Standing OHP: 45x10 95x8 115x5 135x5 155x3,3,3
Arnold press: 60's 6,5,6
Side lateral raises: 25's 10,10,10
Face pulls: so many sets I just quit counting
Hiit jump rope
Rear delts were sooo pumped after the face pulls, shoulders were just pumped in general veins goin across my front delts popping out more than I've ever seen, I was kinda tired and not feelin in but it was still a good workout

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those OHP numbers make me jealous! Nice job Z!

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Haha thanks man, as I keep creeping the weight up OHP is becoming my favorite lift

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha thanks man, as I keep creeping the weight up OHP is becoming my favorite lift
If feel the same if I were pushing >plate. That's awesome.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If feel the same if I were pushing >plate. That's awesome.
Then you watch a guy moving 225x8, strict w/ no leg drive at all, and realize you're still a wimp lol. Granted, I watched this young guy bench 500 raw in spring, but his OHP still baffles me.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Then you watch a guy moving 225x8, strict w/ no leg drive at all, and realize you're still a wimp lol. Granted, I watched this young guy bench 500 raw in spring, but his OHP still baffles me.
That's how I felt when I finally hit 225 on bench... Then the guy on the bench next to me hit 315x10... Killed my high haha

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's how I felt when I finally hit 225 on bench... Then the guy on the bench next to me hit 315x10... Killed my high haha
Lol and THAT's why training must be an individual journey. It's about being the best YOU can be.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A dude the other day popped out 225x thirty-something. I could barely focus on my leg press watching him pound them out.

I asked him afterwards how many, and when he told me he hung his head like he fell short. Lol

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Lol and THAT's why training must be an individual journey. It's about being the best YOU can be.
I'm always striving for my own pr's but seeing someone else do weight that big makes me push a little harder it think

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
9-29-2014 day 2 pct
I'm testing the waters going with no SERM but I feel ok, I guess time will tell
Chest
Bench press: 185x5 225x3 255x3,2 245x3
Incline db press: 80x6 85x6,6
Weighted dips: 45 lbsx6,6,6,10
Cable crossovers: 15,15
Hiit jump rope
My strength seems to have stalled for the last couple weeks so I'm gonna finish this week heavy and then next week move to a higher rep scheme for a few weeks, I've been pushing near max weight for almost 10 weeks now so it's definitely time to give it a break

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Are you using any kind of AI? Formabolic or TransFORM would be a great option here. Personally using Ironflex's Formabolic right now and it's awesome; excellent formestane product.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
I'm using ol's sup3r pct from reading the ingredients the only ai in it is the same ingredient used in pes erase