Winter's over, it's time to get LEAN!! a Sparta Nutrition sponsored log

CJNator

Awards
Nice PR man! That's a **** ton of calories lol!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I see there was no pizza involved in the carb up..

Any reason white over brown rice?
Tastes better, easier to digest, has just as many vitamins and minerals as brown does without the overstuffed feeling. I wouldn't do brown rice on a carb up for fear I would get full to quickly. I was actually surprised to see the rolled oats, that would fill me up like crazy.

Other than the extra fiber which the type of fiber brown rice has doesn't really help anything there really is not a benefit over white. Certainly some minerals are lower, but some other minerals are higher. During the low carb / whole grain craze it was thought to be the healthier option due to the fiber and that it was slightly lower glycemic index chart. However we know more now and know that the GI only really matters when you eat that food alone. Once you add other things into it the GI / Insulin response is lowered a bit.

Got tired of brown. Been prepping with it for so damn long. No reason other than just a change.
Or this... :)

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tastes better, easier to digest, has just as many vitamins and minerals as brown does without the overstuffed feeling. I wouldn't do brown rice on a carb up for fear I would get full to quickly. I was actually surprised to see the rolled oats, that would fill me up like crazy.

Other than the extra fiber which the type of fiber brown rice has doesn't really help anything there really is not a benefit over white. Certainly some minerals are lower, but some other minerals are higher. During the low carb / whole grain craze it was thought to be the healthier option due to the fiber and that it was slightly lower glycemic index chart. However we know more now and know that the GI only really matters when you eat that food alone. Once you add other things into it the GI / Insulin response is lowered a bit.

The rolled oats are solo about 2 hours before the rest of the breakfast.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The rolled oats are solo about 2 hours before the rest of the breakfast.
I LOVE ROLLED OATS!!!!!!! I just can't eat much for a few hours after.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

I actually prefer brown rice, but it's good to know there's not much difference!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What does your fat total look like on your carb up days?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
For this particular day it's 177

Protein 189

Fat is normally 80-100
Lol

I was under the impression fat should be low as possible on a refeed day, or atleast that's how I did it last time and it was ****ty.

CJNator

Awards
Not a PR, but I'm inching back closer to where I was. Considering I only do heavy Deads like every 3-4 weeks now. But thanks bro
Ah I read it wrong, yea try moving around the volume to see how it works for you

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lol

I was under the impression fat should be low as possible on a refeed day, or atleast that's how I did it last time and it was ****ty.
that is the goal, but sometimes its hard to have any fun like that haha

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that is the goal, but sometimes its hard to have any fun like that haha
Yeah, it's less about trying to achieve anything scientifically and just relaxing once a week, killing some cravings, and not sweating any of it. For me it's a productive way to stay on track.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And I usually go way over. I'll type in what I think I'm going to eat for the day, but then 1.5 servings of margarine doesn't make my oatmeal buttery enough, so it turns into 3.

2 servings of lasagna might be 3 or more.

I basically dirty bulk once a week LOL

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
And I usually go way over. I'll type in what I think I'm going to eat for the day, but then 1.5 servings of margarine doesn't make my oatmeal buttery enough, so it turns into 3.

2 servings of lasagna might be 3 or more.

I basically dirty bulk once a week LOL
I'm the same... a refeed day to me is my excuse to eat a ton more carbs of whatever I feel like. Sometimes its low fat in the form of cereal or jsut a ton of well sweetened/seasoned brussels sprouts or veggies... sometimes its fatty as fcuk donuts and ice cream. sometimes its all of the above ha

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just feel dumb for thinking I needed to restrict the fats on my refeed days! Lol it obviously works perfectly fine for you both.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I just feel dumb for thinking I needed to restrict the fats on my refeed days! Lol it obviously works perfectly fine for you both.
ideally you would as a true refeed is only meant to replenish glycogen stores, and as quickly as possible (ie without fat slowing it down significantly). however, unless you're carbing up for a show, its kind of unnecessary to be super restrictive as you dont need that "instant" carb up

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah depends, when you are on a strict cut on refeeds where you are amping up the carbs to speed metabolism and restore glycogen you don't want to be high in fats as with that much insulin you're bound to store some of it. For your regular off season refeeds that would not be as critical.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yah depends, when you are on a strict cut on refeeds where you are amping up the carbs to speed metabolism and restore glycogen you don't want to be high in fats as with that much insulin you're bound to store some of it. For your regular off season refeeds that would not be as critical.
Actually most dietary fat takes about 3 hours before it even enters the blood so the fats you eat with the carbs are not really going to see a shuttling from the insulin from that meal. Not too mention fat loading is also important and gives the muscle extra volume. Fats can definitely be very useful in a peak week carb up plan. Especially a truncated refeed plan where you had to wait due to making the weight class or something. You want the fats there in that last evening meals to keep the carbs trickling in overnight while you sleep.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think they definitely trickled in. Looking full this morning!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually most dietary fat takes about 3 hours before it even enters the blood so the fats you eat with the carbs are not really going to see a shuttling from the insulin from that meal. Not too mention fat loading is also important and gives the muscle extra volume. Fats can definitely be very useful in a peak week carb up plan. Especially a truncated refeed plan where you had to wait due to making the weight class or something. You want the fats there in that last evening meals to keep the carbs trickling in overnight while you sleep.
The timing may be able to be tweaked perhaps. The refeeding plans I was referring to are 2 to 3 hour windows so it was always recommended to keep fat reasonably low when taking in these gross amount of carbs. I had always assumed this was due to possible fat storage during high insulin activity. Now I would use fats and carbs more balanced on show day for muscle fullness. This was based on how flat I thought I looked.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the percentage of fat during these refeeds as recommended to be around 15 to 20% of your total calorie intake but my memory could be off on that. It was no higher than 25 that I am sure of cuz I was having to check my carbs sources for the level of fat.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well there's definitely something to crushing calories of all kinds followed by a couple low days. Cuts in abs are getting deeper. A little separation down the middle.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459690121.099170.jpg

This is 202.4

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Looks like I need to step up my ab game! Good progress so far.

8-pack or bust, right?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah you are drying out a little too I think, tremendous job.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

8-pack or bust, right?
Yah you are drying out a little too I think, tremendous job.
Thanks guys. I couldn't be more happy with how this is going.

2.5 weeks left of the Lean before I transition into the next phase. Going a bit more aggressive than I was planning previously.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards

8-pack or bust, right?
dont encourage the boy you fool- should be sending him buy 1 get 1 free pizza coupons

smith_69

smith_69

Awards

2.5 weeks left of the Lean before I transition into the next phase. Going a bit more aggressive than I was planning previously.
ehh, its ok. i mean i wouldnt go around on the beach with no shirt off or anything. its good for an alone selfie but thats about it

lmao- dam looking good bro, very impressive at 202. excellent

smith_69

smith_69

Awards

are you going to do any hanging leg lifts

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You got real problems when you want the weekend to be over so you can get in the gym. But yeah, that's me. Doing single body part sessions this week.

Chest/Triceps

12 minutes warm-up on elliptical

Flat Bench Press:
135 x 15
185 x 10
225 x 8
255 x 4
255 x 4
255 x 4

Overhand Cable Flys (weight each side):
20 x 20
25 x 20
30 x 20
35 x 15

Underhand Smith Machine Bench Press w/ Slight Incline:
95 x 20
115 x 16
135 x 15
155 x 12

Cable Crossover (weight each side):
70 x 20
70 x 20
70 x 16
70 x 16
70 x 16
Super Set
Tricep Push Downs:
120 x 15
120 x 12
100 x 12
100 x 12
100 x 12 drop to 80 x 6 drop to 50 x 8

Overhead DB Extension:
40 x 12
40 x 12
40 x 12
40 x 12
40 x 12
Super Set
Hanging Leg Raises:
16, 16, 15, 13, 12

Prowler Sled:
Sled + 70lbs. - 50 yards x 6 (way too light, but nice reintroduction to my friend)

All out sprints

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459779064.202057.jpg

10 minutes moderate incline walk cool-down

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah this is turning out to be epic, what did I say about your timing.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
should recover pretty quick from a minor pull.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Took a sleep aid last night to make sure I slept solid and hopefully healed up my hammy. Mission accomplished for the most part. Except having a hard time shaking it off this morning, head in the clouds a bit. Got stimmed up enough to plod through my workout.

38 minutes Steady Stairs

Pull Ups:
BW x 10
+35lbs. x 5
+35lbs. x 5
+35lbs. x 5
+35lbs. x 5

DB Rows:
50 x 15 each side
70 x 12
70 x 12
70 x 12
Super Set
DB Hammer Curls:
25's x 16
25's x 13
20's x 16
20's x 13

Stiff Arm Pull Downs w/ Rope:
100 x 12
100 x 12
80 x 12
80 x 12
80 x 12
Super Set
Seated Wide Cable Rows (palms facing each other):
80 x 12
80 x 12
80 x 12
80 x 12
80 x 12

Underhand Pull Down:
130 x 10
130 x 10
130 x 10
Super Set
Glute Ham Raises:

Single Arm Cable Curls:
40 x 15 each side then 8 each side non-stop = 1 set
30 x 15 each side then 8 each side non-stop = 1 set
30 x 15 each side then 8 each side non-stop = 1 set
Super Set
Glute Ham Raises:

15 minutes moderate Incline Walk w/ Vacuums

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking damn good brother, and sucks abut the hammy but sounds like it is recovering nicely.

alfeer

alfeer

Awards
1 post workout (6:00am)

1 pre lunch (11:00am)

1 afternoon (4:00pm)
So ur going above the recommended 2 a day.

It's my first cycle with lean and have read that it might be better at a higher dose. What are ur thoughts? Would it affect the strength or length of PCT?

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So ur going above the recommended 2 a day.

It's my first cycle with lean and have read that it might be better at a higher dose. What are ur thoughts? Would it affect the strength or length of PCT?
I would say that 3 wouldn't effect pct. but 4 caps and above, a person might want to consider a stronger pct.

11-oxo can be ran as high as 800-1000mg/day. Obviously the degree of suppression is going to be far greater at those doses, so a full SERM protocol should be followed.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would say that 3 wouldn't effect pct. but 4 caps and above, a person might want to consider a stronger pct.

11-oxo can be ran as high as 800-1000mg/day. Obviously the degree of suppression is going to be far greater at those doses, so a full SERM protocol should be followed.
When you get into those kinds of doses of 11-oxo you are talking about some nice androgenic properties there similar to DHT.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good info guys

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Crappy sleep = Stellar workout. I can't figure it out, it's every time. Whatever!!

Overshot my calories with a big snack binge before bed last night. Yet still woke at my lowest, 202.2. But a craving hit me hard and I gave in. Pop Tarts smothered in PB with some Whole Milk followed by a bagel with cherry cream cheese!! Yeah buddy, weight loss LMAO!!

Killer Shoulder Pump Sesh

24 minutes Elliptical 2 minute Intervals (last 30 seconds of high resistance intervals, all-out max effort)

Snatch Grip High Pulls:
135 x 8
135 x 8
135 x 8
135 x 8

Life Fitness Shoulder Press Machine (constant movement and tension):
85 x 15
115 to failure drop to 70 to failure
130 to failure drop to 85 to failure drop to 55 to failure
115 to failure drop to 70 to failure drop to 40 to failure

Seated DB Side Laterals:
20's x 20
20's x 18
20's x 18
20's x 18
Super Set
DB Shrugs:
75's x 15
75's x 15
75's x 15
75's x 12

DB Reverse Flys:
20's x 20
20's x 20
20's x 20
20's x 20
Super Set
Drivers w/ 25lb. Plate to failure into Front Raises x 4 sets

Cable Reverse Flys (pulleys at low position):
15 each side x 12
15 each side x 12
15 each side x 12
15 each side x 12
Super Set
Cable Crunches w/ Rope:
130 x 25
150 x 20
180 x 20
200 x 15

15 minutes moderate Stationary Bike

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well that's your refeed then :)

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This little guy showed up yesterday too!! Thanks rascal14 for the heads up on the "deal".

11 pounder

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459959465.346344.jpg