Who is your favorite Pro

chs16

Awards
Dennis Wolf hands down is my fav.. He is just hard to understand... lol

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Kai Green in Mumbai just looked gigantic. HIs back overpowers everyone. He didnt even have to flex, it was just that crafted.

hardgain3r

hardgain3r

Awards
I have a few lol Sergio Olivia victor Richards Kai Arnold branch Cedric McMillan

cardiobro

cardiobro

Awards
DOOOOOOORIAN YAAAAAAAATES- modern time then markhus ruhl
Arnold - all time
Current top in this lineup - probably kai, but im a fan of mass monsters with personality. as told by all of my choices besides arnold

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Looks like a turtle shell strapped to his stomach! Ridiculous back and legs though.

dunhill225

dunhill225

Awards
Look at pics of Kai from Olympia and then in India... His waist was tiny. He had the best taper in India by far.

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Just checked it out. His waist is small but his stomach just kinda sticks out when you compare it Jay who's stomach looks flat.

dunhill225

dunhill225

Awards
Just checked it out. His waist is small but his stomach just kinda sticks out when you compare it Jay who's stomach looks flat.
Ok, you looking at Olympia or India? I didn't think it was bad at the Olympia...like he had got it under control but in India it just looked small. I know a huge part is his width... His waist COULD be 33-35" at like 5'6" and with his freak size and width look tiny so I guess if you zero in on his waist it might not look as small as I'm making it sound but when he was on stage in India, esp in front shots... The taper was sick. I love Phil and if I had a choice (yea, sure rt) id pick looking like Phil over Kai..... BUT I think he got raped in india and the Olympia. I don't know how any human can look at the mandatory poses of Kai and jay and go "oh, jay is better".... That was just stupid bad. In India I think he was flat out better than Phil.
I don't know now if there is anything Kai can do to win an Olympia. I would not be shocked if he gives it one more shot and if he gets raped again.... Walks away. I don't think he is money driven anymore like jay or victor (victor don't even train hard when you watch his prep tapes, it looks like he competes to "do ok" so he can keep his contract and get posing and appearance deals....imho).
Anyway, just one man's view.
Peace.

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
My bad, I only looked at India. I, by no means, mean to take anything away from him, he is definitely very inspirational in more ways than one. I guess what I had fresh in my mind was a video of him guest posing somewhere that was obviously in the off-season, hence the enormous turtle shell, lol. I realize that being a little shorter makes his torso not so long either. In India Jay didn't seem to be too "into it" either, I just think he's got better abs.

dunhill225

dunhill225

Awards
He was letting it get away from him for a while.... Now he isn't working with the pro killer Oscar though! He has to ransom conscious of it at all times and there are times he is in transition or even just takes a big breath where it comes out but when he keeps it tight.... His taper is sick from the front. From the back his lats are almost too low to see his taper .... His back is just SICK right now. Jay may have a flatter stomach but its so much wider.... Besides jay screwed his arm and delt up so bad with seo's that it ain't funny. Jay was good.... It's just over now and two shows in a row he was second when he shouldn't have been top 5. I dare anyone to look at jays mandatory poses from the Olympia and compare them to ANYONE ELSE IN THE TOP TEN and say jay looked better. Hell go straight to Hide at 10... Tell me jay looked better... I don't think anyone could say that.

cardiobro

cardiobro

Awards
He was letting it get away from him for a while.... Now he isn't working with the pro killer Oscar though! He has to ransom conscious of it at all times and there are times he is in transition or even just takes a big breath where it comes out but when he keeps it tight.... His taper is sick from the front. From the back his lats are almost too low to see his taper .... His back is just SICK right now. Jay may have a flatter stomach but its so much wider.... Besides jay screwed his arm and delt up so bad with seo's that it ain't funny. Jay was good.... It's just over now and two shows in a row he was second when he shouldn't have been top 5. I dare anyone to look at jays mandatory poses from the Olympia and compare them to ANYONE ELSE IN THE TOP TEN and say jay looked better. Hell go straight to Hide at 10... Tell me jay looked better... I don't think anyone could say that.

In my opinion jay didnt look bad at all. This is one show that i think went decently fair in placing. Kai was just way too big, and he looked like he was holding a good amount of water. He should have even received a lower placing, however next year im confident the battle will be phil vs kai to the death.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Kai is one of those guys who gets better as hes posing. He just squeezes himself into peak but it takes a little bit on stage. Jay still looked damn good but his legacy is over. Its amazing his resume with all his injuries. Personally I think Kai is too big to take it. If he could keep that same conditioning and drop down just enough to have that look in India, he could walk home with the O. I would love to see Victor win it and Im always anticipating something big with him but he never quite lands it. I start to wonder if hes just settling for what hes got.... hope not.

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
I'm only referring to Jay's stomach being more flat and less turtle shelled.

cardiobro

cardiobro

Awards
You guys actually think he looked better than ANYONE in the top 5? I don't think he looked better than anyone in the top 10.

Just my opinion but I think its pretty obvious.
putting him next to heath, he pales in most of those shots. Except the second one in, his symmetry looks better, but heath looks like he wasnt fully into his pose, like jay looks in the first pic. Jays just got a completely different look. His waist is just too thick when next to heath.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
With judgement solely based on those three photos I think its a clear and obvious decision that The Gift had it over Cutler. Liek Diabolik said, Jay's stomach lacks. His cheast doesnt fill out nearly the way Heaths is. Sure, his teardrop has more striation but they lack the width and body that give Heath that symmetrical "X" physique. Not to mention the waistline tapering Phil has over Jay. He isnt as dry and paperthin as he was in 2010. Compare back lat shots and youll see it plain as day.

SR83

SR83

Awards
Flex Lewis, He's got great shape for a short guy and probably Jay

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
You guys actually think he looked better than ANYONE in the top 5? I don't think he looked better than anyone in the top 10.

Just my opinion but I think its pretty obvious.
if your saying cutler is nto very good... i agree

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Yeah jay's physique looks like it's falling apart. I agree with DUN, pretty obvious if you watched it.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Flex Lewis, He's got great shape for a short guy and probably Jay
Flex looks awesome. He really is coming along. I like watching the 202's they pack on alot of muscle!

evandem27

evandem27

Awards
Evan centaponi

Houndoom57

Houndoom57

Awards
Phil Heath has definitely been one of my favorites for a while now.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
jay for me. Dexter is a cool dude as well, was chillin with him in pittsburgh.. nice guy to talk with.

dunhill225

dunhill225

Awards
Flex looks awesome. He really is coming along. I like watching the 202's they pack on alot of muscle!
That's what's funny about the 202 (now 212) class. The idea was people would see "prettier" physiques that were more obtainable.... Yea rt...lol... Flex is still asthetic but by and large they look like squat lill balls of muscle. I ain't ripping the guys...just the original concept.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Thats how I feel about guys like Branch Warren (whom I am not a fan of). David Henry may be one of the shortest meatballs up there but to me he does actually possess a level of asthetics.

dunhill225

dunhill225

Awards
Thats how I feel about guys like Branch Warren (whom I am not a fan of). David Henry may be one of the shortest meatballs up there but to me he does actually possess a level of asthetics.
Compared to branch (never heard a nice thing about him from anyone that dealt with him) warren a vw beatle is asthetic...lol... Not a fan of branches either.
To be honest I am not a fan of the 202 or 212 class (not sure when it officially changes) in general. I can understand ht classes but these guys lie so much about their ht its hysterical. I've met some of these guys and jay is a legit 5'9" like he says but victor is maybe 5'7" and not 5'9" and branch may be 5'5"... I met priest with my then wife who is 5'1'' and they were the same ht....lol... Anyway that's all off topic... I can see ht classes but not wt classes....in pros or amateurs but that's just me.

_Romeo_

Awards
Dorian Yates... overall mass is amazing.... the guy has one of the best backs in bbing.

DB23

DB23

Awards
Heath and Flex Lewis in the 202/212. I'm becoming a fan of Antoine Vaillant too.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Anyone have any pics of guys that are done with the career for BB and how they look today?

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Look at last months IronMan and you'll see Rich Gaspari. Dude could sweep a competition tomorrow.

dunhill225

dunhill225

Awards
Look at last months IronMan and you'll see Rich Gaspari. Dude could sweep a competition tomorrow.
Your on crack!! He looks good for his age but he would get blown off the stage at the 50+ masters nationals.

But I mean 'your on crack' in a good way!

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Heath and Flex Lewis in the 202/212. I'm becoming a fan of Antoine Vaillant too.
Antoine Vaillant and the rest of the Universal: Animal Nitrition bodybuilders are fun to watch. They just look like they are enjoying the workout and the experience. You don't see groups of pro bodybuilders working out anymore unless it's for a magazine. It's very 70s-80s I love it

pipeliner30

pipeliner30

Awards
I am a huge Evan Centopani fan!! I believe he will be the next big name in Bodybuilding!!!

evandem27

evandem27

Awards
I am a huge Evan Centopani fan!! I believe he will be the next big name in Bodybuilding!!!
Hope he does make it
Bigger then he already is now.
Sucha nice guy in all
His videos on YouTube an very family oriented!

rockytop11

Awards
Im a Jay fan. BUT i have utmost respect for Dexter, Victor, and Wolf. (oh not to mention up and coming Heath). I cant wait for this year's Olympia...already have my trip planned. Its going to be one HELL of a competition between all of these guys. Now that Ronnie's gone its a level playing feild and i must say... I cannot wait to see what these bro's bring to the O stage
True that. "A CUT above" as he says

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
Current, Phil Heath, although since we live in the same town and lift at the same gym I am partial. That being said my favorites of all time, Arnold, Ronnie, and Rich Gaspari. While I find Kai impressive I just don't see the appeal.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Current, Phil Heath, although since we live in the same town and lift at the same gym I am partial. That being said my favorites of all time, Arnold, Ronnie, and Rich Gaspari. While I find Kai impressive I just don't see the appeal.
Kai Green is the man.
Anyway what is it like seeing Heath train?
Be cool to have him as a trainer.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
he's a busy dude chat with him every so often, lift's heavy and has a unique training style where at the end of each set he rotates between static stretching and concentration holds for around 20-30 seconds. Also he's a big fan of the curved incline bench.