Favorite prototype nutrition product?

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Mine is R-spray. That stuff is amazing for sun damage.
Just ordered a bottle of beta-AET spray.
what’s yours?

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Used to order from them a lot. Now I never do. XPG and Apex have entered the game and surpassed them.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like 11 spray, though I haven’t used it in years. Might have to try it again once I’m finished with the baet
If you like 11 spray/11-kt, Iconic Formulations makes Ultra Eleven - it's 11-kt in our gel carrier. XI-KT by Iron Legion is also a really popular 11kt product

Iconic Formulations also makes Neuro AET - it's topical AET in Iron Legions carrier (Salvo)

Last edited:

lanky

Awards
  • Established
i would say cost to benefit ratio probably Ur spray wins by a mile, probably bought a grand worth so far....i used R-spray like 14 years ago so i did notice much. i did try b-aet, dhea, and 11 oxo in oral cyclodextrin . i thought the b-aet was the best of the bunch as for orals for anticatabolic, i do prefer core nutritionals b-aet over this though, 11-oxo was effective with a very small dose, i though its ability to dry me out was superior to high dose 11-oxo capsules, did not notice much if any muscle building effect. the cyclodextrin dhea did not do much for me and i usually respond well to just regular dhea capsules from any no name brand...i have ran probably 5 or6 bottles of 11-spray and have mixed emotions. it definitely did not get the "drying out" effect that oral cyclodextrin 11-oxo gave me. maybe got slightly more full muscles than normal but hard to justify the price if you are on a budget.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
UR-Spray hands down. I have not used theirs in years as XPG and Apex have that ingredient covered and they are companies I am already ordering from.

nikosktm

nikosktm

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i want to order their 11 oxo but it is too expensive..

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Who else has topical resveratrol?
Alpha Gainz has a topical resveratrol:

Xtreme Performance Gels uses resveratrol in both Alpha Gel and Ab-Solved:

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Interesting. I’d have to buy 8 bottles to get 240ml in the alpha gains. Why do they only give you 30ml?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Interesting. I’d have to buy 8 bottles to get 240ml in the alpha gains. Why do they only give you 30ml?
That math isn't quite right - you're thinking of it in terms of ml's per bottle, but not amount per ml.

Prototype is 249 mg. Resveratrol per 50 sprays, for a total of 7.2 grams of Resveratrol per bottle.

Alpha Gainz Resveratrol is 75 mg. per ml and 30 ml per bottle, for a total of 2.25 grams per bottle.

So, 3 bottles of Alpha Gains Resveratrol would be 7.75 grams of Resveratrol vs. 7.2 grams in Prototype's.

A lot of people would prefer the smaller ml dosing size versus 50 sprays. There's no right or wrong answer there, just personal preference on that part.

As far as why the 30 ml bottle, I can't speak for @delsolrob on that part, but I would imagine its because that's the size of most of the Iron Legion and Alpha Gainz products, so for uniformity and also to keep it to a low cost per bottle.

Plus, a lot of people would only be using 75 mg. per day of a topical resveratrol, so a bottle would be a month supply for most.

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
That math isn't quite right - you're thinking of it in terms of ml's per bottle, but not amount per ml.

Prototype is 249 mg. Resveratrol per 50 sprays, for a total of 7.2 grams of Resveratrol per bottle.

Alpha Gainz Resveratrol is 75 mg. per ml and 30 ml per bottle, for a total of 2.25 grams per bottle.

So, 3 bottles of Alpha Gains Resveratrol would be 7.75 grams of Resveratrol vs. 7.2 grams in Prototype's.

A lot of people would prefer the smaller ml dosing size versus 50 sprays. There's no right or wrong answer there, just personal preference on that part.

As far as why the 30 ml bottle, I can't speak for @delsolrob on that part, but I would imagine its because that's the size of most of the Iron Legion and Alpha Gainz products, so for uniformity and also to keep it to a low cost per bottle.

Plus, a lot of people would only be using 75 mg. per day of a topical resveratrol, so a bottle would be a month supply for most.
I prefer to spray it all over, I do 3 spray top of arm, 3 bottom, both sides, 3 top of thighs each side, 3 top of calves each side and 2 on each side of neck, 3 mixed in with lotion for the face.
So around 30-34 sprays each time.
i order a bottle about every 3 months.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I prefer to spray it all over, I do 3 spray top of arm, 3 bottom, both sides, 3 top of thighs each side, 3 top of calves each side and 2 on each side of neck, 3 mixed in with lotion for the face.
So around 30-34 sprays each time.
i order a bottle about every 3 months.
I'm the opposite. I can't stand the spray just bc it makes me feel like I'm wrapped in saran wrap, but that's why I said whatever a person prefers on that is personal choice.

1 ml of Alpha Gainz Resveratrol is 75 mg. which would translate into about 15 sprays of Prototype's.

I don't use topical resveratrol personally, but I do have things I do 1 ml per day of, like the XPG DHEA-50 Gel, and I like the convenience of the 1 ml dosing. I do 1 ml of it on inside of wrist or inside of bicep in the morning, so takes about 10 seconds.

In general, I was just answering your questions though.
- You had asked who else made one, which Alpha Gainz does, and they're a sponsor here.
- You had said that it would take 8 bottles to equal 1 of Prototype's, which I just pointed out it would be 3, not 8 bc of the higher concentration per ml.
- And you had asked why they only do a 30 ml, and I answered that the best I could, but can't speak for @delsolrob, but I'm pretty confident I gave the correct answer as to the reasoning as to why.

I have nothing against Prototype at all, I just can't handle the feel of the sprays. Biotest used to make a spray back probably close to 20 years ago and I liked that product but couldn't handle using it regularly bc it was a ton of sprays too and gave me that wrapped in saran wrap feeling.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I really liked their 7KT-Spray: 7-Keto-DHEA and B-AET. Was amazing for leaning out. Their peices are way too high though, and there's more affordable alternatives with superior carriers.

Caliguns45

Awards
I really enjoyed the 7/11 Spray in combination with each other. Great recomp effects. Just really expensive to run. I liked b-aet until I tried iconic formulation neuro AET and felt the trandermal form was a better effect than the oral from prototype.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I had actually looked at their 11 Spray but I think it said one dose is like 50 sprays. Even though it might technically give me more 11-KT, once I saw that I went with Iconic Formulations Ultra Eleven.

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had actually looked at their 11 Spray but I think it said one dose is like 50 sprays. Even though it might technically give me more 11-KT, once I saw that I went with Iconic Formulations Ultra Eleven.
I thought that was a typo when I first saw it. Should just put it in a 30 or 60ml glass vial with a 1ml dropper cap.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I thought that was a typo when I first saw it. Should just put it in a 30 or 60ml glass vial with a 1ml dropper cap.
Yeah I don't know who thought it was a good idea making a dose 50 sprays. I honestly don't even want to spend time counting to 50. And I have to think that having to spray the bottle 1,500 times only increases the chances of it breaking or having an issue. So, I just bought 3 bottles of Ultra Eleven instead.

lanky

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I don't know who thought it was a good idea making a dose 50 sprays. I honestly don't even want to spend time counting to 50. And I have to think that having to spray the bottle 1,500 times only increases the chances of it breaking or having an issue. So, I just bought 3 bottles of Ultra Eleven instead.
i never had a problem with a prototype spray mechanism breaking and i have had about 30 bottles...the iconic formulation bottles i have had about 3 of the pumps not work right out of the shipping box out of about 8 i have purchased(a common problem where you have to take the plastic plate off at the bottom of the bottle and push up on the plunger while pumping the top)....it would be nice if iconic could switch to the pump/bottle design used on the 3-AD once their supply of regular bottles is gone for their core line. i understand the bottle volume size would need to be increased because it was smaller on the 3-ad.

lanky

Awards
  • Established
i have actually re used a pump through 3 bottles on prototype and it lasted without a problem

lanky

Awards
  • Established
i have used 11-kt in salvo both by iron legion and by iconic, there is a slight scent variation between them. i found the iconic formulations a little bit more subdued.....right now i cant smell anything because i finally caught covid from one of my patients after all these years

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
i never had a problem with a prototype spray mechanism breaking and i have had about 30 bottles...the iconic formulation bottles i have had about 3 of the pumps not work right out of the shipping box out of about 8 i have purchased(a common problem where you have to take the plastic plate off at the bottom of the bottle and push up on the plunger while pumping the top)....it would be nice if iconic could switch to the pump/bottle design used on the 3-AD once their supply of regular bottles is gone for their core line. i understand the bottle volume size would need to be increased because it was smaller on the 3-ad.
I'm not trying to knock PN. I just personally think that 50 pumps per dose is a bad idea vs the alternative. I doubt most people would want to spray themselves 50 times if they can just take 1 dropper or 5 pumps and rub it in.

Also, I'm not saying their pump spray doesn't work but when you have to spray it 1500 times per bottles and the company sells a 5 pack of replacement sprayers (which they should give for free like IML gives me on my orders), it's going to leave the consumer skeptical of purchasing their product vs the competitor. I'm not claiming it's an inferior product, I'm just saying why I went with the alternative.

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
I'm not trying to knock PN. I just personally think that 50 pumps per dose is a bad idea vs the alternative. I doubt most people would want to spray themselves 50 times if they can just take 1 dropper or 5 pumps and rub it in.

Also, I'm not saying their pump spray doesn't work but when you have to spray it 1500 times per bottles and the company sells a 5 pack of replacement sprayers (which they should give for free like IML gives me on my orders), it's going to leave the consumer skeptical of purchasing their product vs the competitor. I'm not claiming it's an inferior product, I'm just saying why I went with the alternative.
Getting to 50 sprays is quite easy and thoughtless when you’re applying it to just arms, thighs and calves which are the thinnest layer of skin areas on the body, add in tops of feet, neck, balls, underarms and it’s covered.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Getting to 50 sprays is quite easy and thoughtless when you’re applying it to just arms, thighs and calves which are the thinnest layer of skin areas on the body, add in tops of feet, neck, balls, underarms and it’s covered.
Does it matter that I have hair on my thighs and calves? I'm not spraying my balls with anything.

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Does it matter that I have hair on my thighs and calves? I'm not spraying my balls with anything.
No. Obvious the less hair the better, but you’ll still get plenty with hair everywhere.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can't speak for @delsolrob on this which is why I'm tagging him, but a lot of people seem to love the airless bottles, but occasionally some of them do have that issue. I know its not something any company wants customers to have to deal with, so I'm sure he wishes it didn't happen too.

I know that XPG uses a particular 100 ml airless and I remember one time back in the beginning, the regular ones were out of stock and had to order a different brand of bottle. Everything looked exactly the same - same specs, US made, etc. and they turned out to leak and be a disaster. That's why now for XPG, try to keep a huge stock of bottles on hand in hopes of never having to use a different brand again.