Whats your favorite side dish to your protein source?

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
With a dab of plain Greek yogurt!
Yes sir like sour cream pretty much or mayo not sure if those would taste good. I’d go with your choice anyways tons of benefits from the yogurt of course. I put the same yogurt in hamburger helper when we make that kids don’t even know.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For example... I love black beans over steamed rice!
I do too - I also throw a few tbsp of canned corn into this. Adds a great texture/southwest feel with my taco-seasoned ground turkey.

With a dab of plain Greek yogurt!
Yeah I love plain Greek yogurt as a meal with blueberries and ground flaxseed, or as a sour cream additive!

Good probiotic too.

Been on these lately the past few weeks. Of course white rice and sweet potatoes or potato whatever on sale.
My son will be 2 next month, and he’s been slamming this pasta the last month. Every day he’s shouting for “pa-tah!”. They’re all lentil & pea flour based, but I think he likes the sweet potato added one the best.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do too - I also throw a few tbsp of canned corn into this. Adds a great texture/southwest feel with my taco-seasoned ground turkey.

Yeah I love plain Greek yogurt as a meal with blueberries and ground flaxseed, or as a sour cream additive!

Good probiotic too.

My son will be 2 next month, and he’s been slamming this pasta the last month. Every day he’s shouting for “pa-tah!”. They’re all lentil & pea flour based, but I think he likes the sweet potato added one the best.
Get it big bro! I have four kids so I feel you man. I have these as well. This is for tomorrow.

The sweet potato ones are bomb as well.

Attachments

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Get it big bro! I have four kids so I feel you man. I have these as well. This is for tomorrow.

The sweet potato ones are bomb as well.
I remember seeing those; I’ll have to grab some and see if the boy likes them!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Breakfast it's always oats

Lunch & Diner, Rice or Beans and a green veggie.

DinnerTable²

DinnerTable²

Awards
Green beans or brussels, and rice with some hot salsa

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Steamed cabbage and mashed potatoes, seasoned with no butter or oil. So much potato.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Steamed cabbage and mashed potatoes, seasoned with no butter or oil. So much potato.
My wife puts fat free sour cream in her mashed potatoes, so good !!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Potato w/sour cream
Cauliflower w/ranch
Roasted Brussels sprouts in oil, salt & pepper
Sweet potato & kale cooked in oil with salt and pepper and light garlic seasoning

I use the banza pasta for chicken Alfredo (also use chicken thighs vs breast)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You gotta try whole plain Greek yogurt with your potatoes instead! More protein, a little bit creamier, the perfect substitution - tastes as good or better and healthier.

Also awesome in chili!
We will give this a try !

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My wife puts fat free sour cream in her mashed potatoes, so good !!
I was doing this, but I’d buy a small tub and it would spoil before I was 25% through it. I also add fat free cheddar on occasion. Has more protein, but isn’t quite the same cheesy flavor.

You gotta try whole plain Greek yogurt with your potatoes instead! More protein, a little bit creamier, the perfect substitution - tastes as good or better and healthier.

Also awesome in chili!
Hmm. I’ll have to try this also. I eat plenty of plain Greek, but never have in pots.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was doing this, but I’d buy a small tub and it would spoil before I was 25% through it. I also add fat free cheddar on occasion. Has more protein, but isn’t quite the same cheesy flavor.

Hmm. I’ll have to try this also. I eat plenty of plain Greek, but never have in pots.
Yeah the plain is great to keep around because it’s also great for mixing with a scoop of protein powder post training or as a calorie-conscious protein snack. Lot of gut health benefits over a typical 2-scoop whey protein shake, similar macros, more satisfying, much better amino acid taper/feed compared to straight whey solo.

250-300g plain Greek with a scoop of protein powder, collagen, ground flax & blueberries is a terrific investment of 450-500 calories in my book!

I know Smont said he takes plain Greek yogurt and adds Ranch powder to make a condiment for wraps or to dip veggies in.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Breakfast it's always oats

Lunch & Diner, Rice or Beans and a green veggie.
This is generally what I do. For carb sources, breakfast is usually oats and fruit. Lunch and dinner are pasta, beans, or rice. Occasionally potatoes. I’ll sometimes have fruit with lunch and dinner also.

My greens tend to be spinach

lamarclark09

Awards
Well for me Greek yogurt is actually working pretty well so I’ll suggest you give it a go too.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing better than baked Yukon gold potatoes with avocado ranch dressing
Just had two next to a ny strip

cakecamel

Awards
my favorite side dish to go with my protein source has got to be sweet potato fries! They're crispy, sweet, and packed with nutrients, plus they pair well with just about any protein. Sometimes I'll mix it up and roast some veggies like broccoli or asparagus for a healthier option.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Veggies cooked on the grille !