Transcending the mind and body log!

CJNator

Awards
Here I lost you, LOL. Collective realities? What is that? For me reality is an absolute, A=A.
I see a coffee cup, you see a turtle. Guess what, it doesn't matter to the cup that you see it as a turtle. A=A. There is no subjective reality, because reality does not care what you THINK it is.
Now you could go Deepak Chopra on me and bring quantum physics into play by saying: "Its neither a cup -nor a turtle, its mainly empty space."
Well, than I'll take a sip of coffee from my turtle. LMAO
Lmfaoo I love it ??? damn nondualism breeds nonduelism on both spectrums, that’s great lmaooo.

CJNator

Awards
But it has to promise something after death, if not, nobody will follow you. :)
Plenty of woman and virgins, I guess I’m just recreating Islam from a universal perspective. Imagine creating a reality like that lol I’m pretty sure science would stop their science to control women but eventually woman would control them, non duality .

CJNator

Awards
You already know we are opposites on that issue. :) Will not start over again on esoteric and spiritual things.
You care for everyone? I definitely do not (Tribalist, remember?).
If I were a spiritualist, I would chose to be a witch, a pretty dark one too. Anyone littering the street out of a moving car? ZAP... converted into a frog.
Anyone hitting their small child....Zap....converted into a toilet brush. And this would go on until the world is full of frogs and bathroom utilities.
The question is, why does this non duality exist? Maybe the force of dynamics can explain non duality.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well is all that choose to not believe(god or science) that creates conflict. One apposes meaninglessness(no end) or fanatical religion. Non-dualism. It’s not right or wrong, it’s just the way it is. There will always be a counter culture which makes the world go round.

Also the truth isn’t the truth unless the men that control the world only know it.
Well is all that choose to not believe(god or science) that creates conflict.
Really? The biggest conflict I see is between different religions. Non believers adhere to any political system, they just don't buy into old stories, that is all.
By the way, I would be a non believer without science too. You are trying hard to categorize everything in either "good" or "evil" to match a dualistic view. Observe nature to understand the "meaning of life", if you are so keen to figure it out. It may help to see it from my point of view. Procreation and defending the offspring/family is the direct meaning of life in a simplistic sense, do you agree? Sacrificing oneself to others, is not -would be in direct contradiction with the first premise, right? So, there is no real collective, as long as your family isn't safe from others. What ensures success is cooperation with other humans -and the most benign political system who grants peace. Now tell me, how is my perception creating conflict?

CJNator

Awards
Really? The biggest conflict I see is between different religions. Non believers adhere to any political system, they just don't buy into old stories, that is all.
By the way, I would be a non believer without science too. You are trying hard to categorize everything in either "good" or "evil" to match a dualistic view. Observe nature to understand the "meaning of life", if you are so keen to figure it out. It may help to see it from my point of view. Procreation and defending the offspring/family is the direct meaning of life in a simplistic sense, do you agree? Sacrificing oneself to others, is not -would be in direct contradiction with the first premise, right? So, there is no real collective, as long as your family isn't safe from others. What ensures success is cooperation with other humans -and the most benign political system who grants peace. Now tell me, how is my perception creating conflict?
By non believers I mean as oppositional collectives. Collectives that don’t believe is each other’s singular core ideas that drive them daily.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The question is, why does this non duality exist? Maybe the force of dynamics can explain non duality.
Because the dualist fails in explaining how (by which pathway) consciousness interacts with the brain (matter).

CJNator

Awards
By non believers I mean as oppositional collectives. Collectives that don’t believe is each other’s singular core ideas that drive them daily.
You are neither, you are the sacred tradition of family that keeps societies going around on my side of the fence too, I truly do believe family is a sacred tradition within time that must be preserved. That action of non action is action in itself, we are bothers, we are men. To believe in yourself and your family is what keeps societies from falling apart.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You got it wrong -or I can't follow.
They do not act in "non-believers-collectives", because they have only ONE point they agree on: Non-believe in a higher power (god). Every other aspect can be anything, from UFO nerd to communist, fascist, anarchist, democrat....everything and anything...minus a religious collective.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are neither, you are the sacred tradition of family that keeps societies going around on my side of the fence too, I truly do believe family is a sacred tradition within time that must be preserved. That action of non action is action in itself, we are bothers, we are men. To believe in yourself and your family is what keeps societies from falling apart.
Its not a tradition, its the essence of existence. You seem to think that I'm not "active" (non action?), like in politics. I was in prison for high treason and intent of armed dissertation in east Germany. My rebel times are over, as family demands responsibility. ;)

CJNator

Awards
Its not a tradition, its the essence of existence. You seem to think that I'm not "active", like in politics. I was in prison for high treason and intent of armed dissertation in east Germany. My rebel times are over, as family demands responsibility. ;)
Traditions are essences of existence and you prove it right there because you’re not the only one that believes this. The beginning of civilization(s) were build on the sacred tradition of family from a primordial instinct. All sacred traditions lay within the the primordial part of the self or the shadow self. True traditionalists are the counter culture of society, you just have the freedom with lack of physical restraints. Me I’m more physically(or mentally depending on perspective) restrained to society so I must mentally free myself with the truth which is impossible with reason in life due to my environment.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lmfaoo I love it ������ damn nondualism breeds nonduelism on both spectrums, that’s great lmaooo.
I'm glad you like some of my analogies -but do they work? ;) I mean, have you thought about it? Do you still think reality is subjective?
If so, bring it on! :)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Traditions are essences of existence and you prove it right there because you’re not the only one that believes this. The beginning of civilization(s) were build on the sacred tradition of family from a primordial instinct. All sacred traditions lay within the the primordial part of the self or the shadow self.
Does that mean I'm right? Family is the "meaning of life"? Well, then: Case closed.
:)

"Family first" is not a tradition. Ask any animal, its pure survival, not a choice, like doing a rain dance.

CJNator

Awards
I'm glad you like some of my analogies -but do they work? ;) I mean, have you thought about it? Do you still think reality is subjective?
If so, bring it on! :)
Idk what to say anymore ? let’s go kicked on a beach somewhere and enjoy the freedom of reality.

CJNator

Awards
Does that mean I'm right? Family is the "meaning of life"? Well, then: Case closed.
:)
Well without the individual there would be no family BUT there would still be family. Does this mean a monarch or a plebeian, I say both.

CJNator

Awards
Well without the individual there would be no family BUT there would still be family. Does this mean a monarch or a plebeian, I say both.
So is the sacred truth of reality isn’t family, it’s in masculinity. The logical nature of man which is to preserve the femininity from the unknown. Science goes against this.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Idk what to say anymore �� let’s go kicked on a beach somewhere and enjoy the freedom of reality.
YES! And enjoy a more simplistic worldview by embracing reality, while sipping on a long drink, mixed from at least 3 ingredients to keep it from being dualistic.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So is the sacred truth of reality isn’t family, it’s in masculinity. The logical nature of man.
Nothing sacred in masculinity...
Its an ape with a dong driven by hormones who fights for females.

CJNator

Awards
YES! And enjoy a more simplistic worldview by embracing reality, while sipping on a long drink, mixed from at least 3 ingredients to keep it from being dualistic.
No way this is nuts lmao i truly can’t believe this is happening, I’m not even going to say what I’m doing even though this whole conversation was actually and purely non dualistic.

CJNator

Awards
Nothing sacred in masculinity...
Its an ape with a dong driven by hormones who fights for females.
Not in the unconscious sense but the pure reasoning is to create because that the nature of humanity, love is what drives man to create. So love would be the sacred reasoning to create or protect which is in masculinity. A truly feminine woman is a work of art to the masculine man, but yea the feminine man only sees object that need some lovin lmao but deep down inside they truly love the woman. They just hate themselves for being a man.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not in the unconscious sense but the pure reasoning is to create because that the nature of humanity, love is what drives man to create. So love would be the sacred reasoning to create or protect which is in masculinity. A truly feminine woman is a work of art to the masculine man, but yea the feminine man only sees object that need some lovin lmao but deep down inside they truly love the woman. They just hate themselves for being a man.
I see it like:
-chose woman
-talk to woman
-make baby
-protect both and work azz off. If she also works, better
-treat woman as equal, she is 50% of the family
-only hit her when she likes it (or when she spoiled the food) kidding
-only worry about myself if masculine enough when women starts to dominate, in that case go to gym, get muscles and switch dominance around = happy wife again.

CJNator

Awards
No way this is nuts lmao i truly can’t believe this is happening, I’m not even going to say what I’m doing even though this whole conversation was actually and purely non dualistic.
Man if you knew what I’m doing you’d have to believe in something greater then yourself but don’t believe because we might destroy reality and I mean WE lmao. Wanna find out lmao.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man if you knew what I’m doing you’d have to believe in something greater then yourself but don’t believe because we might destroy reality and I mean WE lmao. Wanna find out lmao.
LSD?

CJNator

Awards
I can’t confirm or deny that or that anything else natural is involved, but I can say that non duality is the sacred truth of the divine. It keeps the universe flowing and possibly has centered around you and me within the conversation. I but no I don’t do drug because they are illegal, I’m just really open minded.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can’t confirm or deny that or that anything else natural is involved, but I can say that non duality is the sacred truth of the divine. It keeps the universe flowing and possibly has centered around you and me within the conversation. I but no I don’t do drug because they are illegal, I’m just really open minded.
I can't confirm or deny to be open minded. :) LMAO

CJNator

Awards
I can't confirm or deny to be open minded. :) LMAO
Oof also I had another idea, brotherhood would be the sacred meaning to non duality, as we are brothers(a dualist and a non dualist ironically living non dually at the moment lol) of the spirit and the world. Fighting to protect what is sacred to them even though they fight for the same thing. That seems to be how reality has went throughout history and is continues today.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you are taking dualism way to serious, trying to apply it to everything. Isn't it only the notion of a mind/brain separation? Conciousness existing outside the brain? It seems you try to sneek in the yin/yang stuff, right?

CJNator

Awards
I think you are taking dualism way to serious, trying to apply it to everything. Isn't it only the notion of a mind/brain separation? Conciousness existing outside the brain? It seems you try to sneek in the yin/yang stuff, right?
That’s the essence of non duality and duality, yin yang. Without it both ideas wouldn’t exists.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you’ll like this, look into sacred geometry https://upliftconnect.com/sacred-geometry-enlightenment/
Just reading about: "Enlightenment" and "sacred" causes my gag reflex to kick in, LOL.
Its about geometrical pattern in nature. Guess what the optimal way is, to distribute leafs around a tree, so the sun shines on every leaf with optimal intensity. Correct, its a pattern (Fibonacci ), it has to be, if not = no optimal photosynthesis, all that is already called "evolution" and "survival of the fittest". Why do people try to bend reality and mystify it?
Now comes an esoteric and calls it "sacred geometry", even though we had already a name -and a reason for it.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m not entirely sure what it’s getting at with “sacred” geometry? Perhaps just that if you believe God created the universe and the rules that govern it, then the ratios/rules that work best, that occur naturally, are “sacred?” I do know that biomimicry is gaining popularity in various areas of engineering (mechanical, civil, etc), but one does not have to believe in a God or creator, or even a purpose, to see and utilize this “sacred geometry” any more than a physicist needs to believe in God to determine the effect of gravity on an object. So what one person may call “sacred geometry” may just be observations of nature that appear to work well or ideally, substantiated by math and science, to another person.

Am I misunderstanding this concept?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm still trying to figure out CJNator 's believe. Correct me when I'm wrong.
Here what I think I figured out:
He is a dualist, extending dualism -and non dualism to all aspects of reality. He perceives non-believers as detrimental to society and tries to fit everyone else into one of the categories (dualist/nondualist). He is also politicizing his philosophy.

I'm not very versed in Indian philosophy, maybe CJ should try and describe a bit more what exactly he adheres to.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He is a dualist, extending dualism -and non dualism to all aspects of reality. He perceives non-believers as detrimental to society and tries to fit everyone else into one of the categories (dualist/nondualist). He is also politicizing his philosophy.

I'm not very versed in Indian philosophy, maybe CJ should try and describe a bit more what exactly he adheres to.
I’ve read a bit of Indian spirituality/philosophy (Hinduism and Buddhism; reading the Bhagavad Gita and the Upanishads, read the Dhammapada, reading a bit of the Pali Canon, read a few books by the Dalai Lama and Thich Nhat Hanh, etc).

I don’t think that any of the above belief systems would say that someone is a detriment to society for being a non-believer. In fact, they seem to believe that we are all one, whether we believe it or not. Even in Buddhist thought, it is often said that the Buddha tended to avoid focusing on such abstract thoughts as non-being, as focusing too much on abstract philosophy/theology takes our focus away from the moment, which is all we really ever have. So even focusing too much on being or non-being, or duality or non-duality can defeat the very purpose we try to think and learn about them for.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Because the dualist fails in explaining how (by which pathway) consciousness interacts with the brain (matter).
The Hindu belief, and I hope I'm not oversimplifying it or twisting it around too much, is as follows:

The first realization is that we are not our body. That much seems simple enough; we HAVE a body, but we are not our body, at least not only our body.

The second realization is that we are not our mind. This seems strange, but I think it's logical enough, as how often does our mind wander, or think things we don't want it to. If my mind can disobey ME, then it must not BE me. Why would I disobey myself?

It is said that the third realization is what we really are, but that this Self is something we really have to find for ourselves.

Eknath Easwaran quotes the Katha Upanishad:
Know the Self as Lord of the chariot, the body as the chariot itself, the discriminating intellect as the charioteer, and the mind as the reins. The senses, say the wise, are the horses, selfish desires are the roads they travel.
He says:
The Upanishads say that your body is like a chariot drawn by five powerful horses, the five senses. These horses travel not so much through space as through time. They gallop from birth towards death, pursuing the objects of their desire. The discriminating intellect is the charioteer, whose job it is not to drive you over a cliff. The reins he holds are the mind – your thoughts, emotions, and desires.

This image is packed with implications. For one, the job of the intellect is to see clearly. The job of the mind is to act as reins. When everything is working in harmony, our highest Self makes all the decisions. The intellect conveys these decisions to the mind, and the senses obey the mind. But when the senses are uncontrolled, they immediately take the road they like best: personal satisfactions, mostly pleasure. Then we are not making the decisions; the horses are.
As to exactly HOW the consciousness/self/etc interacts with the physical matter, that much I do not know, but does it really matter? Of course, we want to know, and it can have profound impacts on science and philosophy, but we can still learn a great deal from the above analogy, and learn to train ourselves, and use or facilities properly, to be the most peaceful and happy people we can be.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think sometimes we try to compartmentalize and classify things too much; we believe that "you have to believe X to be Y," and we define ourselves and others by our beliefs, not our actions.

When asked what exactly is a Buddhist, many people would probably say "someone who adheres to the teachings of the Buddha" which is pretty meaningless to someone who doesn't know what these teachings are. Perhaps other people would say someone who seeks nirvana. Non-attachment (which I think is more accurately described as non-possessiveness) or non-being, or non-duality may also be mentioned. But these are BELIEFS, THOUGHTS, not actions.

"When the Buddha was asked what he and his monks practice, he replied, "We sit, we walk, and we eat.
When his hearers suggested that everyone does those things, the Buddha replied "when we sit, we know we are sitting, when we walk, we know we are walking, when we eat, we know we are eating.""

This is mindfulness, and to earnestly practice mindfulness is being aware of our true Self, and, I think, can indirectly, or unconsciously, transcend the concept of duality and being, and can free us from the fears and worries of the future and the regret of or longing for the past. The present moment is all we have, and if we aren't living in it, we aren't really living at all.

So to say that someone is a detriment to society for believing or not believing something is silly to me. If we have to say whether or not someone is a detriment or a benefit, we should base it on their ACTIONS. In reality, our thoughts and beliefs shape and determine our actions. If we don't act according to our supposed beliefs, do we really believe them and value them that much?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think sometimes we try to compartmentalize and classify things too much; we believe that "you have to believe X to be Y," and we define ourselves and others by our beliefs, not our actions.

When asked what exactly is a Buddhist, many people would probably say "someone who adheres to the teachings of the Buddha" which is pretty meaningless to someone who doesn't know what these teachings are. Perhaps other people would say someone who seeks nirvana. Non-attachment (which I think is more accurately described as non-possessiveness) or non-being, or non-duality may also be mentioned. But these are BELIEFS, THOUGHTS, not actions.

"When the Buddha was asked what he and his monks practice, he replied, "We sit, we walk, and we eat.
When his hearers suggested that everyone does those things, the Buddha replied "when we sit, we know we are sitting, when we walk, we know we are walking, when we eat, we know we are eating.""

This is mindfulness, and to earnestly practice mindfulness is being aware of our true Self, and, I think, can indirectly, or unconsciously, transcend the concept of duality and being, and can free us from the fears and worries of the future and the regret of or longing for the past. The present moment is all we have, and if we aren't living in it, we aren't really living at all.

So to say that someone is a detriment to society for believing or not believing something is silly to me. If we have to say whether or not someone is a detriment or a benefit, we should base it on their ACTIONS. In reality, our thoughts and beliefs shape and determine our actions. If we don't act according to our supposed beliefs, do we really believe them and value them that much?
Agreed. You know by now that I have a rudimentary/simplified view to most philosophical questions. My stance is purely materialistic and utterly devoid of spiritualistic thoughts. I'm happy with that. I wish more people could admit to not knowing the answer to certain questions -instead of filling the void with any form of believes. As a stoic you may know what I'm talking about. :)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. You know by now that I have a rudimentary/simplified view to most philosophical questions. My stance is purely materialistic and utterly devoid of spiritualistic thoughts. I'm happy with that. I wish more people could admit to not knowing the answer to certain questions -instead of filling the void with any form of believes. As a stoic you may know what I'm talking about. :)
Yeah. I get it. We all have different philosophies, and we're all on different paths and at different parts of our journeys. The Stoic would likely say that the "why" isn't even that important so much as just making the most of what we have, and learning to be content with it; that it is ALWAYS within our power to do so.

As Epictetus said:
"Yes, but my nose runs." For what purpose then, slave, have you hands? Is it not that you may wipe your nose? "Is it, then, consistent with reason that there should be running of noses in the world?" Nay, how much better it is to wipe your nose than to find fault.
Sometimes it's just best to act. There's nothing wrong with wanting to know why, but we should not let our desire to know why prevent us from acting and being present in the moment. That defeats the whole purpose.

We're all really seeking the same thing, meaning, happiness, etc., we all just have different ways we think to best go about obtaining and keeping it.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Curious to see what CJ says; if he can clarify a few things he’s said.

CJNator

Awards
Just reading about: "Enlightenment" and "sacred" causes my gag reflex to kick in, LOL.
Its about geometrical pattern in nature. Guess what the optimal way is, to distribute leafs around a tree, so the sun shines on every leaf with optimal intensity. Correct, its a pattern (Fibonacci ), it has to be, if not = no optimal photosynthesis, all that is already called "evolution" and "survival of the fittest". Why do people try to bend reality and mystify it?
Now comes an esoteric and calls it "sacred geometry", even though we had already a name -and a reason for it.
You wouldn’t really understand why these patterns are actually very sacred unless you actually mentality went to the other side or the 5th dimension.

CJNator

Awards
I’m not entirely sure what it’s getting at with “sacred” geometry? Perhaps just that if you believe God created the universe and the rules that govern it, then the ratios/rules that work best, that occur naturally, are “sacred?” I do know that biomimicry is gaining popularity in various areas of engineering (mechanical, civil, etc), but one does not have to believe in a God or creator, or even a purpose, to see and utilize this “sacred geometry” any more than a physicist needs to believe in God to determine the effect of gravity on an object. So what one person may call “sacred geometry” may just be observations of nature that appear to work well or ideally, substantiated by math and science, to another person.

Am I misunderstanding this concept?
Yea basically lol.

CJNator

Awards

Yea basically except that I don’t bring philosophy to life, many other people have done that already. I’d call myself a non denominal Christian non dualist, I follow the truths of Christ yet I also follow the truths of non duality. Both ideas make more sense together then separated.

CJNator

Awards
I’ve read a bit of Indian spirituality/philosophy (Hinduism and Buddhism; reading the Bhagavad Gita and the Upanishads, read the Dhammapada, reading a bit of the Pali Canon, read a few books by the Dalai Lama and Thich Nhat Hanh, etc).

I don’t think that any of the above belief systems would say that someone is a detriment to society for being a non-believer. In fact, they seem to believe that we are all one, whether we believe it or not. Even in Buddhist thought, it is often said that the Buddha tended to avoid focusing on such abstract thoughts as non-being, as focusing too much on abstract philosophy/theology takes our focus away from the moment, which is all we really ever have. So even focusing too much on being or non-being, or duality or non-duality can defeat the very purpose we try to think and learn about them for.
I haven’t read anyone on most things honestly, I usually put two and two together, sometimes I’m right and sometimes I’m wrong, and most the time I use google lmao but yes that’s what I was saying. I never would call myself a non dualist but when speaking logically I use non duality as my basis for truth since being a Christian is a Yang element where Islam would be the Yin and the middle would be Satanism. What little I read about Taoism says it’s best to be in the middle of the Tao(the line separating Yin and Yang) to reach immortality(true enlightenment) but now the middle is Satanism and Christian is the Yang(anarcho tyranny) and Islam is the Yin(esoteric Nazism). The truth doesn’t matter, I’m not trying finding the truth, I’m trying to find a positive(esoteric) truth to guide my life. Now that I have one I’m just traveling my open mind to immortality(enlightenment).

CJNator

Awards
Yeah. I get it. We all have different philosophies, and we're all on different paths and at different parts of our journeys. The Stoic would likely say that the "why" isn't even that important so much as just making the most of what we have, and learning to be content with it; that it is ALWAYS within our power to do so.

As Epictetus said:

Sometimes it's just best to act. There's nothing wrong with wanting to know why, but we should not let our desire to know why prevent us from acting and being present in the moment. That defeats the whole purpose.

We're all really seeking the same thing, meaning, happiness, etc., we all just have different ways we think to best go about obtaining and keeping it.
I truly agree with this and I’m always thinking, like always, I can’t ever stop thinking(or just slow it down)unless I’m meditating. I have to think about something all the time, truth and reality are endless thoughts of different emotions and perspectives. Makes me understand humans more and myself, becoming aware of myself helps me grow. Now that I’m near full awareness reality keeps me down so everyday seems like a battle and a fun one lol. Life’s great and I love learning stuff but now that I’m truly acting I feel even greater. Things just keep getting better because I’m acting on my beliefs, but I understand someone close to me can die any second or I can get a horrible accident that stops me for achieving my goals so now I don’t fear death. I’ve accepted it as I accept all humans.

Oddly I’ve recently actually called people humans lmao I don’t really do it purposely it’s just how I type right off the mind.

CJNator

Awards
I’m actually a little bit more happy that someone else thinks and works out lmaoo I can only hope for more people. Glad to have you muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I truly agree with this and I’m always thinking, like always, I can’t ever stop thinking(or just slow it down)unless I’m meditating. I have to think about something all the time, truth and reality are endless thoughts of different emotions and perspectives. Makes me understand humans more and myself, becoming aware of myself helps me grow. Now that I’m near full awareness reality keeps me down so everyday seems like a battle and a fun one lol. Life’s great and I love learning stuff but now that I’m truly acting I feel even greater. Things just keep getting better because I’m acting on my beliefs, but I understand someone close to me can die any second or I can get a horrible accident that stops me for achieving my goals so now I don’t fear death. I’ve accepted it as I accept all humans.

Oddly I’ve recently actually called people humans lmao I don’t really do it purposely it’s just how I type right off the mind.
I have a tendency to overthink things as well, but I think I've been making progress in this regard. Some Hindus are big on the repetition of a mantram to help keep the mind from wandering. Eknath Easwaran uses the analogy of an elephant. If a man has to walk his elephant through town, the elephant will likely use its trunk to pick up and disturb all sorts of things as it walks through the town; it is difficult to control and restrain. However, if the trainer gives the elephant a bamboo stick to hold in its trunk before entering the town, it will not bother disrupting things in the town, as it will be focused and content holding the bamboo stick. The mind is like the elephant's trunk, and the mantram is like the bamboo stick; the mantram gives the mind something to hold on to, and helps keep it from wandering and disrupting things.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven’t read anyone on most things honestly, I usually put two and two together, sometimes I’m right and sometimes I’m wrong, and most the time I use google lmao but yes that’s what I was saying. I never would call myself a non dualist but when speaking logically I use non duality as my basis for truth since being a Christian is a Yang element where Islam would be the Yin and the middle would be Satanism. What little I read about Taoism says it’s best to be in the middle of the Tao(the line separating Yin and Yang) to reach immortality(true enlightenment) but now the middle is Satanism and Christian is the Yang(anarcho tyranny) and Islam is the Yin(esoteric Nazism). The truth doesn’t matter, I’m not trying finding the truth, I’m trying to find a positive(esoteric) truth to guide my life. Now that I have one I’m just traveling my open mind to immortality(enlightenment).
I'm not quite sure if your characterization of the parts of the yin/yang is accurate, but I'm a little hesitant to ask what your reasoning is for this. If we must use the yin/yang analogy, I think it may be worth mentioning that many (including Bruce Lee) believe that the yin and yang are two parts of the same whole, and should not be viewed as two separate entities. It's not so much picking one or the other, or even trying to find a "middle ground" between the two, but allowing the two to cooperate and alternate as the situation suits it, allowing a natural flow of the two; like water. As Bruce Lee says, "notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survive by bending with the wind." I would say that the Tao, or the Way, isn't so much always trying to walk the line in the middle of the yin/yang, but in flowing naturally with it, with the two parts of the same whole, flowing naturally, not opposing this flow. Ironically, trying too hard to stay exactly in the middle of this balance is itself resisting natural flow and movement. Taoism seems to tell us to stay in tune with nature, to be like water. I don't think your characterization of yin as Islam and yang as Christianity and the middle as Satanism is accurate at all, if I can be honest with you. I don't really even know where to begin explaining this, but I do think that my above thoughts touch on it a little.

How well versed in Taoism (and Christianity and Islam for that matter) are you? I'd definitely suggest reading the Tao Te Ching if you haven't to learn about Taoism (it's a short but deep read). The Warrior Within: The Philosophies of Bruce Lee is also a great read that talks about Taoism, duality, and yin/yang.

I'm not sure exactly what you meant in your post, but, a logical reading of your post (wanting to stay in the middle of the Tao/yin/yang) suggests that you think that Taoism says it's best to adhere to Satanism (since you said Satanism is the middle). But Taoism does not say this in any way, so I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say, or if your understanding of Taoism isn't complete enough.

Edit: Also, by viewing the concept of yin/yang in terms of Christianity, Islam, and Satanism, I can't help but find it odd that you use only the faiths that stemmed from Judaism, but then try to look at them in the lens of Taoism. As I'm sure you know, Christianity and Islam both developed out of Judaism, which one can argue Satanism also does. I would not say that Christianity and Islam are opposites though, or even two halves of the same whole, and Satanism certainly is not the line between (connecting) the two of them. One could make a better argument that Judaism would be the middle/line between the two, but even then, I don't think that's really accurate, as painting some line between the two may itself be losing the meaning of the yin/yang, as we should allow a constant and natural flow between the two, not seek to stay in some middle ground at all times; that is itself limiting and restricting natural flow, which we can say is perhaps what Lao Tzu means by the Tao/Way.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I enjoy the esoteric and reading up on the arcane, so maybe I'll sub to this thread. I've recently enjoyed reading up on kundalini and kundabuffer (kundabuffer is very interesting and rarely spoken about, it's the opposite of kundalini). I find a lot of Gnostic texts interesting as well.