Transcending the mind and body log!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think interactions with the world aren’t apart of the metaphysical ideas, worldly interactions are relative to the times they were created. The interactions with the metaphysical realm are equal.
No, they're not. To use a simplified definition of metaphysics:
The branch of philosophy that deals with the first principles of things, including abstract concepts such as being, knowing, identity, time, and space.
We can logically say that since metaphysics deals with the concept of being and identity, the understanding of who we are and how we relate with other beings is a fundamental aspect of our being and identity. From a Taoist perspective, we all come from the Tao, and the Tao nurtures all equally. This metaphysical belief has major implications for how we treat people, but it's still a metaphysical belief. The Taoist understanding of our identity and being would never condone "vengeance" or "cruelty without mercy" under any conditions. This stems from a fundamental difference in how the Tao Te Ching explains our being and identity and how that relates to other beings. I hope I'm making sense. They may have metaphysical similarities, but they aren't metaphysically the same.

CJNator

Awards
No, they're not. To use a simplified definition of metaphysics:

We can logically say that since metaphysics deals with the concept of being and identity, the understanding of who we are and how we relate with other beings is a fundamental aspect of our being and identity. From a Taoist perspective, we all come from the Tao, and the Tao nurtures all equally. This metaphysical belief has major implications for how we treat people, but it's still a metaphysical belief. The Taoist understanding of our identity and being would never condone "vengeance" or "cruelty without mercy" under any conditions. This stems from a fundamental difference in how the Tao Te Ching explains our being and identity and how that relates to other beings. I hope I'm making sense. They may have metaphysical similarities, but they aren't metaphysically the same.
I’ve gotten things messed up, what I have been thinking about is Luciferianism https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciferianism

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Luciferianism is not a defined religion, but rather a belief system that admires and venerates the characteristics and personality traits exhibited by Lucifer as defined in literature and the various books of the Hebrew Bible. Although Luciferianism is often confused with Satanism due the fact that Satan is defined as a fallen Lucifer, in reality, Luciferians do not worship Satan in any way and instead model themselves after the original Lucifer, a character of enlightenment, independence and progressiveness.
Still, this part, which is similar to Satanism, is at odds with Taoism:
The Luciferian may be cruel and wrathful to those who have proven themselves worthy of being treated in such a way. Luciferianism holds that the behavior of others dictates how you should treat them. There is no burden to treat others better than they deserve, though kindness is not discouraged, either.
This part is compatible though:
All knowledge is good. Ignorance, however, leads to all sorts of problems: hatred, lack of success, inability to advance, etc. Unlike other belief systems in which faith plays a primary role, Luciferians celebrate knowledge of all types as the key to enlightenment and happiness in this life.
https://www.thoughtco.com/luciferian-principles-95784

The Lucifer of the Luciferians
It is this concept of light-bringer that Luciferians embrace.

For them, Lucifer is a being that brings out enlightenment in those who truly seek it. He is not external power that hands out knowledge so much as one who assists a seeker in bringing it out of himself.

Balance is also a significant component to the concept of Lucifer. He is both spiritual and carnal, as are humans, according to Luciferians.

He is moderation over extremes. He is both the light and the darkness, as you cannot have one without the other, and there are lessons to be learned from both.
https://www.thoughtco.com/who-is-lucifer-95920

So I do see where you get the balance/middle/moderation aspect of things and see how that is similar to Taoism, and the end goal is similar, even if there are fundamental differences regarding the belief of how we are related to others and how we should treat them.

As for compared to Satanists:
The Luciferians view Satanists as being primarily focused on the physical nature of man, exploring, experimenting, and enjoying that nature while rejecting any aspirations or effort rise beyond it. They believe that Satanists see the figure of Satan as an emblem of carnality and materiality. Luciferians, on the other hand, view Lucifer as a spiritual and enlightened being—one that does indeed rise above mere materiality. While Luciferians do embrace the enjoyment of one's life, they accept that there are greater and more spiritual goals to be pursued and achieved.
Luciferians also tend to see Satanists as overly-dependent on Christian understandings. From the Luciferian perspective, Satanists embrace values such as pleasure, success, and sexuality precisely because the Chrisitan Church has traditionally condemned such things.

Luciferians do not see their choices as acts as rebellion but instead, believe themselves to be motivated by independent thought.

Luciferians put more emphasis on the balance of light and dark, seeing Satanism as a more one-sided belief system.
https://www.thoughtco.com/how-luciferians-differ-from-satanists-95678

I can understand this more than Satanism for sure, even if I don't agree with all of it. :)

CJNator

Awards
I actually just read that page (see my last post) haha. They have some good info on various religions/philosophies/etc.
Just read it lol and yea they do, I can understand how somethings can’t really agree upon but Luciferians are still individuals.

CJNator

Awards
About to go read The Way and It’s Power then meditate, got to love that knowledge .

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just read it lol and yea they do, I can understand how somethings can’t really agree upon but Luciferians are still individuals.
Yeah. Luciferians seems to simply value knowledge above all else, as the pathway to enlightenment, while some Satanists seem to put too much effort on being counter-culture to Christians and do things just because it's the opposite of what Christianity/Jesus does. Luciferianism seems to ALLOW opposition to culture when it's warranted, but don't believe in being contrary just for the sake of it.

CJNator

Awards
Yeah. Luciferians seems to simply value knowledge above all else, as the pathway to enlightenment, while some Satanists seem to put too much effort on being counter-culture to Christians and do things just because it's the opposite of what Christianity/Jesus does. Luciferianism seems to ALLOW opposition to culture when it's warranted, but don't believe in being contrary just for the sake of it.
Yea countering culture for the sake of being the opposite can be pretty isolating and overall just ruining ones personal life. Luciferianism promotes a type of “moral counter cultural elitism” or maybe Aryanism would be a better term.

CJNator

Awards
Lol got wrapped up in the conversation and I forgot to type out my workout, so I did overhand deadlifts, 285 for 10, 7, then 8. Then I did a standing leg press 90 on each side for 10, 12, and then 12. After I did pull ups, no clue what the numbers were lol. Went home, did 59 body weight squats, a little over 60 push ups, and then I went out for a jog and walk. Over since I’ve been doing random pushups wherever I can I’ve been growing nicely, I need to start doing more pull ups though. May throw up a picture when I wake up again, went to sleep early and I’m definitely not staying up.

CJNator

Awards
IMG_1999.JPG
IMG_2001.JPG

No too bad since I’ve gain a good amount of weight from the job(and horrible eating habits that came with it lol). I’m doing about 100-200+ push ups a day, I hit like 50 in a row yesterday so that’s a nice improvement for me.

CJNator

Awards
So I started off with the snatch lift, 115 for three sets of five. Then I did flat bench 185 for three sets of 5. Then I did face pulls with a band. After I did push ups super sets with pull ups, lastly I finished off with crunches, three sets of ten and one of seven.

I totally forgot to send this lol but I just finished jogging a little bit ago. So I’ve been doing 200+ push ups a day which is great but for some reason I can’t do more then 20 to 40 at a time. I’m not really complaining, maybe I’m just being inpatient lol. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

CJNator

Awards
So I just finished my little circuit routine. I did clean and press super set with pull ups, push ups, and box jumps. I did a singles of the box jump and clean and press except this video. No clue as to why I can’t post it but maybe t needs to be separate. Also I did a super set of sit ups, push ups, and pull ups. About to go jogging and lay out in the sun while it’s out.

CJNator

Awards
So damn tired for no reason, didn’t do anything today.

CJNator

Awards
Sometimes doing nothing is more tiring than doing a little something.
You’re right lol but I just feel down today. It’s weird. Like I just feel drained and I have a huge amount of brain fog. Not sure what’s going on but I am getting a primary doctor tomorrow. Haven’t been there in a while.

CJNator

Awards
Feeling better today, brain fog is still there though. No clue why but I go to the doctors in 3 weeks so hopefully they can do some blood test or something. Changing up my workouts to push/pull/push then I reverse it the next week. I’ll be stopping at the gym to do pull ups, push ups, crunches, and box jumps.

Today was a push day. I did 3 sets of five with the push press, bench press, and squats except my knee cracked on the third set so I stop right then. Knee feels fine, I assume I just moved it in a unnatural position. I did 135 for the push press, 185 for the bench press, and 225 for the squat. After I did a little circuit of push ups, pull ups, and crunches. Going to go jogging after.

CJNator

Awards
Absolutely tired right now, did a circuit of push ups, pull ups, box jumps, and crunches. Did between 6-10 reps each exercise. Going to go jogging in a little bit. My tiredness levels are pretty high, it’s pretty annoying lol. I did stop meditating recently so I’m going to start again. Also I’ll be exercising more regularly which mean including my days I work.

CJNator

Awards
I need to diet, I’ve been eating TV dinners and now I ate one that is cramping up my stomach. I feel like a sickdhit(switch the d and s). I look healthy yet I eat unhealthy. If I’m going to be a hypocrite somehow its going to not effect my well being lol.

CJNator

Awards
Everything is going well, I keep forgetting to update this lol. Thinking about going to do a mma class today.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everything is going well, I keep forgetting to update this lol. Thinking about going to do a mma class today.
Don't try chi powers on your opponent. :)

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Do it dude. I did mma jiu jitsu and muay thai for a couple years and loved it. As well as wreslting in high school loved that too. I really enjoy combat sports.

CJNator

Awards
Do it dude. I did mma jiu jitsu and muay thai for a couple years and loved it. As well as wreslting in high school loved that too. I really enjoy combat sports.
Damn place isn’t even opened most the day, I need to find an actual place to do it. It’s definitely right up my alley, Muay Thai sounds like fun. I’ll like to do that.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Damn place isn’t even opened most the day, I need to find an actual place to do it. It’s definitely right up my alley, Muay Thai sounds like fun. I’ll like to do that.
Yeah places like that are normally just open for class times. Thats what the AKA i trained at was like

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm watching lately this channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcYzLCs3zrQIBVHYA1sK2sw

:)

What's really bizarre is, this "Sadhguru" is apparently an "agnostic yogi". I still have to see one video that I'm not agreeing with.
He is basically teaching skepticism and rational thinking, LOL...that is WEIRD!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’ll follow him and check him out, thanks!
Found out he is also talking sh1t.... :) In one vid he talked about water having "memory" (not true, bogus claim) -in another he talked about "giving blessings costs him energy" LOL. Well, I was wrong about that nutsack.

CJNator

Awards
Found out he is also talking sh1t.... :) In one vid he talked about water having "memory" (not true, bogus claim) -in another he talked about "giving blessings costs him energy" LOL. Well, I was wrong about that nutsack.
I just reading something saying that we must take all relevant knowledge and disregard the irrelevant. I wouldn’t disregard him but be selective with what knowledge he gives away.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just reading something saying that we must take all relevant knowledge and disregard the irrelevant. I wouldn’t disregard him but be selective with what knowledge he gives away.
Sure -but I would have to fact check everything he says = no need to listen to him.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That’s true, also water molecules do change depending on emotion. https://www.futurescienceleaders.com/mentalodyssey/2015/01/17/fact-or-fiction-emotion-influenced-water-molecules/

I’d like more research on it but I doubt anyone will dive down that path.
Check your sources, LOL!

https://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/the-pseudoscience-of-masaru-emoto/

Emoto's work has largely been neglected by mainstream scientists, although a few have pointed out the obvious lack of controls and subjective nature of the photographing processes that completely negate his claims. He also refused James Randi's million-dollar prize to redo the experiment with proper double-blind conditions. Emoto did not particularly care about science though; he was primarily interested, of course, in selling his books, promoting his expensive "seminars" and "lectures", and selling overpriced water.
Masaru Emoto™[1] (22 July 1943-17 October 2014[2]) was a Japanese author and peddler of pseudoscience, most famously the idea that thoughts and words directed at water change the aesthetic appeal of the water crystals.

He held a "Doctorate" in alternative medicine from a correspondence course from the Open International University of Alternative Medicine,[3][note 1] and therefore called himself "Doctor."
Before you did a SARM cycle, you checked scientific papers, right. Apply that thinking to ALL aspects of your life ;)

CJNator

Awards
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oof damn scammers, I only heard about it once but I didn’t care enough to look into it. It’s not something I’d think about. Idk if the plants that listen to music thing is fake or not now lol.
Busted by mythbusters long ago!

CJNator

Awards
Everything is going well, stomach is feeling awesome besides some frozen pizza that gave me diarrhea lol. I did 175 for 5 on the push press, the clean before the presses was smooth too. All the other lifts were good.