TomCat's H-Drol Diarrhea...

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
My issue is where to point the toes. The squats feel best when my toes are pointed more aggressively outward. Much better on my knees for some reason.
Some guys have stronger glutes than quads and some have stronger quads than glutes, typically leg position during squats doesnt change much due to balance issues but during lunges, leg press and deads you can move your feet around, esp during leg presses where your in a fixed range.

If your feet come really far forward and apart its mostly glutes if your feet are together and under your ass then its all quads but can be brutal on the knees if you go super low.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Form is much, much better tomcat. Props to ya!! :clap2: Now you're really working your muscles instead of your tendons and ligaments so much. And because of this your muscles will grow more, become better shaped, and eventually stronger too. You reach a plateau when you're cheating the weights up. But when you start to use proper form, your true strength will continue to increase for years and years to come. Good job brother. And I agree with T-Lake, what about those shout-outs to the Doom Crew and Ass Beaters International??!! :hammer:

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Go ass to grass on your squats. i find it easier to concentrate, rather then trying to gauge when your at parallel..not that its hard but you know what i mean, when you go all the way down, there is only way to go and that is up!

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I HATE Pringles, IDK wut to say, im not eating alot! IRONBEAR can defend me on this, yes guys Im gonna start goin ass to grass, if I make a video today Ill do a shout out

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
diet so far today....
cinnamon raisin bagel w/light butter
16 oz. coffee light cream & sugar

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Jigga Boo.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
lunch...
stir fry (rice, mushrooms, pork, plum sauce)
salad (lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, eggs, raspberry vinaigrette dressing)

pre-WO will prob be a power bar, 1/2 scoop of N.O.explode, 5g of creatine and glutamine, 10 oz of H2O

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
diet so far today....
cinnamon raisin bagel w/light butter
16 oz. coffee light cream & sugar
Ok... Lets start here...

Whats the point of this meal? F*ck the butter, f*ck the sugar... use some milk and Equal or splenda with the coffee, and find some way to get protein in this meal. That bagel probably has a wad of sugar in it too.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
lunch...
stir fry (rice, mushrooms, pork, plum sauce)
salad (lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, eggs, raspberry vinaigrette dressing)

pre-WO will prob be a power bar, 1/2 scoop of N.O.explode, 5g of creatine and glutamine, 10 oz of H2O

Plum sauce - probably high fruc corn syrup - if not - a bunch of sugar. Steam the veggies, bake the pork or chicken..

Point being, a lot of adjustments can be made. I think you're probably eating more sugar than you think.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I cant do all those things...im living off of the school cafeteria here, and BROKE, next semester should be better. I used 1/2 and 1/2 cream w/splenda sugar

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I cant do all those things...im living off of the school cafeteria here, and BROKE, next semester should be better. I used 1/2 and 1/2 cream w/splenda sugar
Splenda isn't sugar... :woohoo:

Anyway, I went to college too big guy. :lol:

I know its not easy, but I do know they have milk instead of half and half, and I also know you can get eggs instead of a raisin bagel - unless your college is inside a prison. All of your meals should include some kind of protein, and if you're truly trying to slim down, you need to reduce your carbohydrate intake. Just make some smart choices.

IronBear

IronBear

Awards
lol sometimes they won't let big ole kitty kat into the cafeteria (he doesnt have a meal plan). Most of the ladies who work there dont give a rats ass but sometimes they just wont let people without plans through. I have swiped tom in a bunch this semester but I guess many people are stingy with their swipes even though they wind up wasting most of them (have to use them all before the semester is up). I'd say in Tom's situation he is doing the best he can.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I'd agree to a point. Just have to make due with what you have I guess.

Success will always be limited to diet and training... I honestly think thats a 50 / 40 split - with the remaining 10pct being your supplementation.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I'd agree to a point. Just have to make due with what you have I guess.

Success will always be limited to diet and training... I honestly think thats a 50 / 40 split - with the remaining 10pct being your supplementation.
ID say 40% rest/sleep, 20% training and 40% diet and nutrition since supps "supplement" the diet they go together.

A guy eating great and sleeping great is better off than a guy training hard and missing on either of the other two. My 2 cents.

I appreciate your point about food being 90% and supps capping of the last 10% of the diet portion tho, lol. Esp if your borke.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I will start making smarter decisions! but when I do so I doubt I will be takin in anywhere near 2500K cals...but oh well, I gotta slim down

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Straight BB Curl
145x8
125x10
95x12
Seated DB Curl
65x8
55x10
40x12
40x12
Concentration Curl
30x12
30x12
30x12
25x15
Close Grip Bench
245x6
205x10
185x12
French Press
115x10
105x12
95x14
Pushdown supersetted with DB Hammer Curls
100x12 30x15
100x18 30x20
Abs
10 min of leg raises, crunchs, decline crunchs, side bends, V-crunchs

20 min light interval elliptical cardio

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I will start making smarter decisions! but when I do so I doubt I will be takin in anywhere near 2500K cals...but oh well, I gotta slim down
Right bro... You're taking in under, but if you're taking in the wrong kind of calories, it will limit you gaining LBM and losing fat... You're better off eating a little less calories of better quality in my opinion...

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Post W.O-shake 50g protein, 10 creatine, 15 glutamine
2 bananas

dinner-large bowl of white rice, beans, and red skin potatoes
salad-cucumbers, carrots, eggs, vinagrette dressing

before bed-protein shake, 50g protein, water, 5g creatine/glutamine

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
You're definitely more geared towards a bulk diet. If you're having trouble cutting, I'd say just f*ck it and keep bulking until you have more quality food around.

White rice and white potatoes are awful for cutting. Probably better off with a single banana PWO - plenty of sugar for the insulin spike I think you're looking for. Also - are you using whey for your bedtime shake?

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Keep posting your diet though. Include snacks and stuff as well. I think that will help you get a handle on what you're taking in.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
You're definitely more geared towards a bulk diet. If you're having trouble cutting, I'd say just f*ck it and keep bulking until you have more quality food around.

White rice and white potatoes are awful for cutting. Probably better off with a single banana PWO - plenty of sugar for the insulin spike I think you're looking for. Also - are you using whey for your bedtime shake?
the white rice and potatoes are all they have at the cafeteria, I know I should be using casein before bed, but cant afford it, yes Im using whey

how this look for today...
Breakfast
2 whole eggs
4 egg whites
1 cup of oatmeal (brown sugar, raisins)
skim milk
Pre-WO
Power Bar, 5g creatine/glutamine, water
Post WO
50g protein, 10g creatine/glutamine, water, 1 banana
Lunch
veggies, skim milk, some type of protein, salad
Snack
protein shake or salad
Dinner
salad, some type of protein, veggies, skim milk
Bed
50g protein, 5g creatine/glutamine

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I just found out Im going to be modeling for 2 big shows in March and they want me to wear only underwear. So this is my goal, to be RIPPED by March, its also my job....

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I'd pull back your nighttime shake to one scoop of whey... no reason that your body needs 50g at night of a fast absorbing protein. If you don't have casein - you might be better off with 15 or 20 raw almonds. Cutting that shake from 50 to 25 saves you 100 calories.

I know oatmeal isn't the same without it, but try adding a couple packs of splenda, and just a few raisins and a dash of cinnamon.. That will probably cut off about 25 grams of sugar and 100+ calories.

Make sure those veggies are steamed and not in butter or oil, and use oil and vinegar on your salad...

Oh - and to be RIPPED by March - you're going to have to toss on some cardio. I'd say its time to gear away from bulk and forego the LBM gains for a few months. You'd probably be reasonably ripped at 215 with no muscle loss.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I just found out Im going to be modeling for 2 big shows in March and they want me to wear only underwear. So this is my goal, to be RIPPED by March, its also my job....
You can lose 1/2% BF a week if you are eating well and doing cardio.

You have between 14-16 weeks to make this work. That is 7-8% BF you could lose... maybe more if you REALLY worked and because you are young.

Start doing your cardio 5-6 days a week. 45 min- one hour a day. NO EXCUSES.

Lift for high reps, low weight. I am talking the 15-20 range.

Stay away from simple carbs like they were the plague.

Start cutting 100 calories a week out of your diet.

Use Anabolic Pump to help you with your carb issues.

Use a fat burner starting today, and during the last 8 weeks of your cut I would use a topical fat burner like napalm.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
guys...Ive been told numerous times to not start offically cutting until after PCT? Im starting cardio, 45 min-hour is good, honestly im not too worried about losing some muscle, I cant eat nuts...braces remember :( but the light weight high reps is money, in HS thats all I did, I played baseball year around, and thats all we did. As for diet, I know wut to do but its going to be hard to eat that clean here...but I can do it. I got tons of fat burning supps, Im going to use bonakin (spelling?) as my main supp....another thought
when should i switch to creatine ethyl ester? (I have 4 bottles of CE2, and 2 of Anavol)

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established

You have between 14-16 weeks to make this work. That is 7-8% BF you could lose... maybe more if you REALLY worked and because you are young.

Use a fat burner starting today, and during the last 8 weeks of your cut I would use a topical fat burner like napalm.
u hit it on the head bro:hammer:

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I'd pull back your nighttime shake to one scoop of whey... no reason that your body needs 50g at night of a fast absorbing protein. If you don't have casein - you might be better off with 15 or 20 raw almonds. Cutting that shake from 50 to 25 saves you 100 calories.

I know oatmeal isn't the same without it, but try adding a couple packs of splenda, and just a few raisins and a dash of cinnamon.. That will probably cut off about 25 grams of sugar and 100+ calories.

Make sure those veggies are steamed and not in butter or oil, and use oil and vinegar on your salad...

Oh - and to be RIPPED by March - you're going to have to toss on some cardio. I'd say its time to gear away from bulk and forego the LBM gains for a few months. You'd probably be reasonably ripped at 215 with no muscle loss.
:head:

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I have a new found faith in the support and information Im gaining from AM....off to do shoulders and cardio
***oh yea...Im doin abs everyday, I find I feel best when I do them for about 10 minutes after I lift, before cardio, I mix in weighted, B.W., negatives, holds....I basically put myself through hell

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
You can start cutting now... no issues with completing PCT. Just please don't skimp on the protein.

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
You can start cutting now... no issues with completing PCT. Just please don't skimp on the protein.

exactly, keep protein intake high! Also, sip on some bcaa's all day, I am sure you already knew that. looks good bro!

-GJJ

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

:goodpost: What a post! Good one G-Money!! Chocked full of useful information. You have a lot of good advice going on in here tomcat. You know what to do now. The only thing left now is......DO IT!! :head:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think this bit of Yoda wisdom will help you Tom. It helped me when I first saw it. Yoda says, "Do. Or do not. There is no try"!! I love that quote. We can accomplish incredible things if we believe! http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcjnbIF1yAA

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Military Press
165x10
155x12
115x15
DB Lateral Raise
20x15
25x15
25x15
15x20
15x20
DB Front Raise
20x15
20x15
20x15
DB Shrug
90x20
90x20
100x20
100x20
Abs
10 min

35 min incline walking

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
T-God, Ive loved that quote since I was a little kid, but now I get to practice it :)

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
i wouldnt even go the fat burner route. i think there all pretty useless. id go for some CLA,ALA, Green tea, geranium etc. im going to start using these bad boys myself real soon.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
i wouldnt even go the fat burner route. i think there all pretty useless. id go for some CLA,ALA, Green tea, geranium etc. im going to start using these bad boys myself real soon.
i have CLA, green tea, and regular caffeine, Im not going into fat burner mode right now, just gettin my diet down and doin cardio. Diet...
Post WO
shake, 50g protein, 10g creatine/glutamine
1 banana
post WO meal
chicken breast sub-wheat bread, chicken breast, cucumbers, peppers, carrots, mustard
dinner
salad-oil, vinegar, lettuce, carrots, eggs, cucumbers
chicken, mixed veggies
2 glasses skim milk
1 glass of coffee, light cream, 1 packet of splenda

before bed im going to have a shake w/25g protein, 5g glutamine/creatine

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Skim milk has quite a bit of sugar too man.

Just to save you some dough, you can cut the 5g of creatine out of your nighttime shake. 10g post workout is perfect.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
My issue is where to point the toes. The squats feel best when my toes are pointed more aggressively outward. Much better on my knees for some reason.
Toes pointing outwards also has a lot to do with glute tightness, which can dictate toes having ot point outwards. Just make sure when you squat your knees follow the same line as your toes and your knees should be fine.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Skim milk has quite a bit of sugar too man.

Just to save you some dough, you can cut the 5g of creatine out of your nighttime shake. 10g post workout is perfect.
will do, water is more filling for me anyway

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Tom kat, if you cant chew nuts because of your braces throw them in the blender, a small handfull at a time so it blends nice. If you cant get them blended, crush them. Ripped by march!

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
breakfast
2 whole eggs
4 egg whites
1 cup of oatmeal-1 tbsp of brown sugar & raisins
1 glass of skim milk
1 glass of coffee

feelin hungry as hell...but good, i got a busy day with classes and a exam, then goin to do chest around 5 or 6:bruce1:

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
lunch
salad- olive oil, vinegar, cucumbers, eggs, carrots
stir fry-beef, mushrooms, green beans
1 flass of skim milk & coffee

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lunch
salad- olive oil, vinegar, cucumbers, eggs, carrots
stir fry-beef, mushrooms, green beans
1 flass of skim milk & coffee
Diet is looking better TomCat. Just be sure to take in enough calories. You don't want to crash diet. I never recommend crash dieting. Slow and steady reductions are best. If you eat small meals, eat more often. I eat about every 2 and 1/2 hours. But very small portions. It speeds up the metabolism and keeps hunger away.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
snack was a salad (same as always) and a bowl of chicken, Im trying not to crash diet...its hard, I kind of want to :/, doin chest tonight...going for some massive pumps!

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
DB Incline Bench
80x15
80x15
70x10
Flat BB Bench
185x15
205x12
165x15
Incline BB Bench
165x12
155x12
135x15
135x15
DB Fly
30x12
40x10
40x10
Dips supersetted with Pushups
BW, 2 sets of 10 each
Abs
10 min various

30 min cardio, interval, level 7 of 10

pump was insane, hunger is WAY up...but not feeling tired, and I tell my natty test is starting to go back up :thumbsup:

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
or its the Blue-Up...
The Blue Up is probably making your natty test go up... as that is what it is supposed to do.

Nice workout Tom.