Tomahawk Training with M-Sten RX(Sponsored)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
It was about sodium. Eating pickles to get more sodium.
ahh yeah, matt loves his sodium
i've always been liberal on it myself, but went to another gear last prep when he suggested it
and i do love pickles (dill only please, no butter pickles :nono:)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ahh yeah, matt loves his sodium
i've always been liberal on it myself, but went to another gear last prep when he suggested it
and i do love pickles (dill only please, no butter pickles :nono:)
Ya I dont do anything to really avoid sodium. Been adding a bit of salt to my preworkout meal though.
That pic of your back is crazy. Definitely makes me want to cut away some chub.

By the way I dont know how I am going to get that form for finaflex to you. Is there a way I could just print it and mail it to yall?

Yesterday I did shoulders. Decided not to do triceps. Was pretty beat after just shoulders to be honest. Only did
Seated BB press ELECT fat gripz 255 for 3 drop to 205 for 6 reps. Honestly it felt heavy as hell haha.
Upright cable rows ELECT with a drop rep out
Standing DB lateral raise 3 sets of 10 reps

My shoulders were on fire after just that. I dont think the way I have been sleeping has been helping.

Today decided to do back.

Close grip lat pulldowns rest pause
Bent over BB rows 275 for 8 reps 1 set
Unilateral lat pulldowns 3 sets of 10 reps
Close grip cable rows rest pause
High pull cable rows PSR
Shrugs on the smith machine
Bent over DB lateral raise

Even did 2 sets of deadlifts to warm up. Just 225 for 8 reps.

After this nice and tiring workout I decided to leave. Now I dont know about yall but after a workout I dont feel much like chatting. Actually to be honest I dont chat all that much at the gym. Some times I get into conversations but rarely. Anyway as I am walking by the cardio machines with blurry vision the 2 girls I helped show how to deadlift(pretty sure I posted about them in my training log) were doing cardio and stopped me. Apparently it wasnt very nice of me not to say anything to them. Brace face told me she posted a picture she took of me on instagram. She said it got a lot of comments from guys talking about how huge I am. Story of my life, get big and the only people that say anything about it are guys haha. Couldnt really think of a way to respond to that so I pretty much left haha.

On that note I will definitely be working towards cutting down to 220 or 230 soon. It is time to find out how much muscle I actually have. Considering staying at this fitness center for a bit longer. If I can switch to a month to month plan.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
send e-mail to [email protected], explaining the issue

i'm in transit right now, and will be gone for few days, so this will get you where you need to go

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tuesday night I only slept a few hours then couldnt go back to sleep. Wednesday my plan was to do chest at night but ended up taking a nap. So I just took a rest day. Which wasnt a bad thing considering my lack of recovery due to poor sleep. Now the plan is to do chest today a little after my massage. Definitely need a good massage because my back has been bothering some. Might do arms tomorrow.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday night I only slept a few hours then couldnt go back to sleep. Wednesday my plan was to do chest at night but ended up taking a nap. So I just took a rest day. Which wasnt a bad thing considering my lack of recovery due to poor sleep. Now the plan is to do chest today a little after my massage. Definitely need a good massage because my back has been bothering some. Might do arms tomorrow.
you are gonna have more and more issues until you get your sleep[or lack of]on track!!!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you are gonna have more and more issues until you get your sleep[or lack of]on track!!!
Ya I know I need to get it fixed. I got some sleep last night but it was a pass out nap and then a few hours at night. Definitely not the ideal situation.

Today did a bit of a different chest workout. Took a little from here and there.

Incline bb press fat gripz elect 185/225/265/295/325 drop to 275 for 6 reps. Spotter did the whole tap the bar on the way up. Never realized how facking annoying that was until today.
Decline bb press 3 sets of 8 reps lower portion of rep only 295. Then a set of 4 reps pause pressing with 2 negatives at the end. Spotter decided negatives were just him slightly helping.
Db pullovers 2 sets of 8 reps with 95
Flat db flyes with extension 2 sets of 6 reps 45 pounds
Scapular pulldowns 3 sets of 12 reps with a hold at the end 150/160/170

Was thinking of doing a pause press set of 2 reps with 365 after db pullovers but decided against it. Figured I did enough with spotters being a bit off today. Was ready to get home and eat.

Got a much needed massage today. Mainly focused on my back and then did some work on my shoulders. My front delts were hurting from sleeping on my stomach. Would have made doing chest suck tonight.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
only 295

Was thinking of doing a pause press set of 2 reps with 365 after db pullovers but decided against it. Figured I did enough with spotters being a bit off today. Was ready to get home and eat.
I loled when you said only 295 lbs. No shame in those numbers man. There's always people ludicrously stronger, but nobody's gonna think this is your first rodeo either.

And I know you know you don't always have to kill it to get stronger either; if your calories are high enough and you lift at reasonably high percentages of 1rm the strength will build. You did right to listen to yourself - if you're not feeling it, you're not gonna smash it, so go pound some food and grow.

How many days you got left?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
indeed
i was up some 36hrs straight the night before/day of flight to atlanta..worked in the Finaflex warehouse/office all day after arriving
i was running labels (Finaflex crew hand-labels all our odd-shaped bottles, is amazing really), and i was lining things up crooked..sometimes lableing upside-down..gawdd i felt horrible, was seeing spots..

(so if any of you guys come across some wacky looking off-center or upside down labels - chances are snags did it) :lol:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I loled when you said only 295 lbs. No shame in those numbers man. There's always people ludicrously stronger, but nobody's gonna think this is your first rodeo either.

And I know you know you don't always have to kill it to get stronger either; if your calories are high enough and you lift at reasonably high percentages of 1rm the strength will build. You did right to listen to yourself - if you're not feeling it, you're not gonna smash it, so go pound some food and grow.

How many days you got left?
Just never been a fan of decline bb press. I swear I can do more on flat maybe even incline haha.

Well 2 reps with 365 wouldnt exactly be grinding weight for me but after decline negative spotter fail it would have been a bit much. The way I have been lifting has been to train my CNS no beat my body to a pulp.

Tomorrow is my last day. Kind of weird to go off cycle now :/ Makes me wish I was cruising. But family started grumbling a bit when I let it slip I was 260. Of course they only hear a number. Hell I could be 260 and 5% and it would still be an issue. Obviously I am not but they are not exactly fitness savy people.

indeed
i was up some 36hrs straight the night before/day of flight to atlanta..worked in the Finaflex warehouse/office all day after arriving
i was running labels (Finaflex crew hand-labels all our odd-shaped bottles, is amazing really), and i was lining things up crooked..sometimes lableing upside-down..gawdd i felt horrible, was seeing spots..

(so if any of you guys come across some wacky looking off-center or upside down labels - chances are snags did it) :lol:
Hope you guys are having fun.

Got the bottle of the beta pre workout. Starting a log later today.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
indeed

it's good to know who to blame, lol!!!!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Got the bottle of the beta pre workout. Starting a log later today.
awesome my friend, link me up please

PS - no disrespect at all towards IML and the sponsored log, hopefully none taken by discussing other product in here
you have done an awesome job on this log..for the record: of course i ran the m-sten as well..potent stuff!

it's good to know who to blame, lol!!!!
:ntome: