To pulse or not the pulse The One?

mark118

mark118

Awards
  • Established
I know that The One can be pulsed, so that in theory you can get 2 cycles out of 1 bottle which is great for my wallet, but should anything be taken on the off days?

Plus, because 2nd Gear should be run as normal for PCT (according to the App Nut site), for the 2nd cycle, what type of PCT would be recommended? eg reversitol, novadex xt, inhibit e etc...

thanks for the input!!

NB: what is your opinion on pulsing? ie amount of gains possible compared to a straight cycle?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I know that The One can be pulsed, so that in theory you can get 2 cycles out of 1 bottle which is great for my wallet, but should anything be taken on the off days?

Plus, because 2nd Gear should be run as normal for PCT (according to the App Nut site), for the 2nd cycle, what type of PCT would be recommended? eg reversitol, novadex xt, inhibit e etc...

thanks for the input!!

NB: what is your opinion on pulsing? ie amount of gains possible compared to a straight cycle?
Two people have pulsed The ONE. Check out their logs for what they did:
* SamBoz19's Epic Daily Journal! Enter At Your Own Risk! (from post #455, page 16)
* No Three, No Two, Noto's "The One"

The same PCT is recommended regardless of whether it is the first or second or third, etc. cycle. Again, see what the loggers did re PCT, especially SamBoz19.

As for opinions on pulsing, Sean (aka SamBoz19) made a few notes towards the end of his cycle on this:
Through pulsing I am expecting about 60% of the gains. That is the typical rule of thumb to expect from pulsing. As an example on a general ph compound, lets say you would gain 10lbs of mass running a straight cycle, but also be more susceptible to side effects and more likely to deal with them as well...also pct will be a must. With pulsing, you can expect to gain 6lbs out of the 10 and your gains and results will be gradual as opposed to immediate (my preferred style anyway), which benefits you as your tendons are given more time to adapt your new found strength and mass. Also, side effects will be minimal to none and your pct will be an absolute breeze because odds are through pulsing you will not have to worry about HPTA shutdown. In essence, it will be a lot easier to restore your natural function in general and keep your gains.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

mark118

mark118

Awards
  • Established
thanks Rosie,

the slow gain is something I heard is more effective. the faster the gains, the easier they are to lose (if you think that is true).

i'll read the logs now.

mark118

mark118

Awards
  • Established
1 other quick question Rosie, whats the protocol for off days? ie how much Drive should I take?

With doing a normal cycle, would doing a longer Drive length (240 caps) in PCT help restore HPTA function and solidify gains?

Or would the gentler pulse cycle with a 110/120 caps Drive length be only slightly better regarding HPTA function but not as effective for overall gains (but keeping the gains)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
1 other quick question Rosie, whats the protocol for off days? ie how much Drive should I take?

With doing a normal cycle, would doing a longer Drive length (240 caps) in PCT help restore HPTA function and solidify gains?

Or would the gentler pulse cycle with a 110/120 caps Drive length be only slightly better regarding HPTA function but not as effective for overall gains (but keeping the gains)
Dosing of Drive on-cycle and during PCT is the same daily dosage on "off" days as "on", as if you were to use it at any other time.

Drive Dosing/Timing

Resistance Training Days
Dose 1* - first thing in the morning
Dose 2* - 60-80 minutes pre-resistance training

Non-Resistance Training Days
Dose 2* - 6-8 hours after Dose 1

* Dosage is dependent upon your bodyweight (see the dosage chart on the label):
Up to 150lb: Dose 1 - 2 caps, Dose 2 - 2 caps
150-200lb: Dose 1 - 3 caps, Dose 2 - 3 caps
200-250lb: Dose 1 - 4 caps, Dose 2 - 3 caps
250ls and Over: Dose 1 - 4 caps, Dose 2 - 4 caps

To get the most out of Drive I recommend running it for at least 8 weeks.

It doesn't matter what kind of cycle you use re the results/effects you get from Drive. What matters is the period that you use it; the longer you use it the more effects you will have for longer.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

mark118

mark118

Awards
  • Established
thanks again, i think i gotta go do some more research on this.

i have 2 months at least so im in no rush

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
mark118

mark118

Awards
  • Established
thanks Rosie, I want to do this cycle 100% best i can

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
mark118

mark118

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

quick question, I've noticed that in the people that are pulsing epi they dont include a test booster on their off days.

Please can you tell me what the rational of taking drive would be on the off days (as oppose to just taking The One) and if one were to exclude Drive, would the effects be like?

Ie by running it like the epi cycles, the gains would be more gradual and so although less, be easier to keep long term/less suppress/possibly decrease the need for IGF2 in PCT too

thanks again!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
a pulsing sticky thread would be good. seems to be a lot of ppl interesting in running The ONE and pulsing it ;)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hi,

quick question, I've noticed that in the people that are pulsing epi they dont include a test booster on their off days.

Please can you tell me what the rational of taking drive would be on the off days (as oppose to just taking The One) and if one were to exclude Drive, would the effects be like?

Ie by running it like the epi cycles, the gains would be more gradual and so although less, be easier to keep long term/less suppress/possibly decrease the need for IGF2 in PCT too

thanks again!
Pulsing Drive on 'off' days allows for cGMP and cAMP increases; which factor in with keeping leptin, LH, NO, and NOs levels optimal. It also limits cortisol and cytokines; cordyceps has been shown in numerous studies to limit cytokine response, which becomes a big player during a cycle. Cortisol levels rise quickly during a cycle as a homeostatic mechanism in response to increased protein synthesis, androgen levels, and muscular growth. Gains can be maximized by keeping cortisol levels in check during a cycle. Although Cissus or DHEA are usually recommended, Drive will do this. If excluding Drive or any other support supplements on a pulse the aforementioned effects will be more pronounced and the gains will not be as substantial.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

mark118

mark118

Awards
  • Established
this is the basic idea (excluding support supps eg antioxidants)

1. For every-other-day dosing: 67.5 mg for 3 weeks; 90 mg for 2 weeks; M W F. Follow with post cycle recommendations stated above.

or

2. For 2 on 2 off: 67.5 mg for 3 weeks; 90 mg for 2 weeks; Mon/Tues, Fri/Sat. Follow with post cycle recommendations stated above.

(not sure which is the better idea yet, as i will be training 4x a week)

and then 2nd gear for PCT and running a 110 cap bottle of drive.

Im assuiming because its being pulsed, there will be less gains but considerably less HPTA shutdown and so 2nd gear and Drive would be very sufficient for keeping the gains and restoring the HPTA.

what do you think?

NB just read your response, will look into the no. of caps required for on cycle and in PCT of drive

mark118

mark118

Awards
  • Established
Pulsing Drive on 'off' days allows for cGMP and cAMP increases; which factor in with keeping leptin, LH, NO, and NOs levels optimal. It also limits cortisol and cytokines; cordyceps has been shown in numerous studies to limit cytokine response, which becomes a big player during a cycle. Cortisol levels rise quickly during a cycle as a homeostatic mechanism in response to increased protein synthesis, androgen levels, and muscular growth. Gains can be maximized by keeping cortisol levels in check during a cycle. Although Cissus or DHEA are usually recommended, Drive will do this. If excluding Drive or any other support supplements on a pulse the aforementioned effects will be more pronounced and the gains will not be as substantial.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
Ok, in place of IGF2, how would running a 240 cap bottle of drive on cycle and in PCT sound?

Ie, same The One pulsing but with Drive on off days, if doing a 2 The One on, and 2 days off with Drive on Off days dosed at 3/day will require ~54 caps

then PCT of 30 days will require 90 caps (at least) meaning a 240 cap bottle of Drive would be required.

By having a 240 cap bottle, that could mean either more caps in PCT depending on weight or prolonging the length of Drive to help consolidate the gains.

The cost of The One in the UK is ~£50-60, and 240 caps of Drive is £63 so you can understand why adding IGF2 is costly.

What do you think of this revised idea?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
this is the basic idea (excluding support supps eg antioxidants)

1. For every-other-day dosing: 67.5 mg for 3 weeks; 90 mg for 2 weeks; M W F. Follow with post cycle recommendations stated above.

or

2. For 2 on 2 off: 67.5 mg for 3 weeks; 90 mg for 2 weeks; Mon/Tues, Fri/Sat. Follow with post cycle recommendations stated above.

(not sure which is the better idea yet, as i will be training 4x a week)

and then 2nd gear for PCT and running a 110 cap bottle of drive.

Im assuiming because its being pulsed, there will be less gains but considerably less HPTA shutdown and so 2nd gear and Drive would be very sufficient for keeping the gains and restoring the HPTA.

what do you think?

NB just read your response, will look into the no. of caps required for on cycle and in PCT of drive
I would recommend the 2 on/2 off, and make your 'on' days your resistance training days.

As for Drive dosing, regardless of whether you are on-cycle or in PCT your daily dosage does NOT change!

Drive Dosing/Timing

Resistance Training Days (i.e. 'on' days)
Dose 2* - 60-80 minutes pre-resistance training

Non-Resistance Training Days (i.e. 'off' days)
Dose 2* - 6-8 hours after Dose 1

* Dosage is dependent upon your bodyweight (see the dosage chart on the label):
Up to 150lb: Dose 1 - 2 caps, Dose 2 - 2 caps
150-200lb: Dose 1 - 3 caps, Dose 2 - 3 caps
200-250lb: Dose 1 - 4 caps, Dose 2 - 3 caps
250ls and Over: Dose 1 - 4 caps, Dose 2 - 4 caps

Ok, in place of IGF2, how would running a 240 cap bottle of drive on cycle and in PCT sound?

Ie, same The One pulsing but with Drive on off days, if doing a 2 The One on, and 2 days off with Drive on Off days dosed at 3/day will require ~54 caps

then PCT of 30 days will require 90 caps (at least) meaning a 240 cap bottle of Drive would be required.

By having a 240 cap bottle, that could mean either more caps in PCT depending on weight or prolonging the length of Drive to help consolidate the gains.

The cost of The One in the UK is ~£50-60, and 240 caps of Drive is £63 so you can understand why adding IGF2 is costly.

What do you think of this revised idea?
You need MORE than 3 caps of Drive daily; otherwise you are just wasting your time. I take 4 caps daily and I am 107lb,m so you will need at LEAST 6-7 caps daily on the days that you use it. As said above, you DON'T have "more caps" in PCT; you will just use EVERY day, instead of every other day or 2 on/2 off (see recommended dosing above).

Otherwise, running Drive through on-cycle and in PCT would be a perfect idea. It would also get you 8-10 weeks use of Drive, which is what you need to get the best results from the product.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

mark118

mark118

Awards
  • Established
ok forgive me for being slow but itd be:

2 days of The One + no drive, then 2 days of Drive at 6caps/day and no The One, then repeat? but PCT is everyday at 6caps?

also, i thought that by pulsing that allowed for the length of the cycle to be extended, but the 5 week cycle length is the max?

(this is also so i can calculate how many drive caps i will need too)

mark118

mark118

Awards
  • Established
pct at 30 days = 180 at 6caps/day, and that leaves 60 caps for on cycle if im using a 240 cap bottle

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
ok forgive me for being slow but itd be:

2 days of The One + no drive, then 2 days of Drive at 6caps/day and no The One, then repeat? but PCT is everyday at 6caps?
That would be correct.

also, i thought that by pulsing that allowed for the length of the cycle to be extended, but the 5 week cycle length is the max?
It is still recommended to do only 5 weeks, yes. Extending to 6 weeks could be done, but would be stretching it.

pct at 30 days = 180 at 6caps/day, and that leaves 60 caps for on cycle if im using a 240 cap bottle
Work out how many caps you will need in total and then get the bottles required from there (i.e. get a 240-cap AND a 110-cap bottle); don't get a bottle and try and make it last. Shortcuts don't work.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

mark118

mark118

Awards
  • Established
thanks again rosie

if i pulse for 5 weeks then thats a total of 35 days on cycle, with 16 days on drive, and 18 days on The One. this would be mean 96 caps (6 caps/day) on cycle leaving 144 for PCT which would leave only '4.8' Drive caps for a 30 day PCT (from a 240 bottle)

So... this leaves makes the straight non-pulsed cycle and keep drive for PCT only more attractive. 240 caps gives me 40 days but I understand I should start it early though so it thought coincide nicely with PCT.

But 2 last questions:

With pulsing, does the rule of time off = time on (and a lil more) still apply until a 2nd cycle can be done?

With Drive, hypothetically, if it turns out that after I finish the Drive in PCT I really like Drive, after eg a few weeks can I run Drive again?

thanks again Rosie

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
if i pulse for 5 weeks then thats a total of 35 days on cycle, with 16 days on drive, and 18 days on The One. this would be mean 96 caps (6 caps/day) on cycle leaving 144 for PCT which would leave only '4.8' Drive caps for a 30 day PCT (from a 240 bottle)
As I said do NOT think like this. Think "I need 96 caps of Drive on-cycle and 180 caps of Drive for PCT; that makes 276 caps of Drive in total that I need; therefore I need to get either a) 1 x 240-cap + 1 x 110 cap bottles of Drive or b) 2 x 240-cap bottles of Drive.

So... this leaves makes the straight non-pulsed cycle and keep drive for PCT only more attractive. 240 caps gives me 40 days but I understand I should start it early though so it thought coincide nicely with PCT.
You can do the straight non-pulsed cycle. It's still recommended to start Drive with 7 days left on0cycle so that it kicks in for PCT (i.e. 222 caps of Drive required).

With pulsing, does the rule of time off = time on (and a lil more) still apply until a 2nd cycle can be done?
Yep, I would still stick to that.

With Drive, hypothetically, if it turns out that after I finish the Drive in PCT I really like Drive, after eg a few weeks can I run Drive again?
You can run Drive for up to 12 weeks straight every day with no issues (i.e. far longer than your on-cycle + PCT), and I would actually recommend running for at LEAST 8 weeks to get the full benefits out of it. After 8-12 weeks take 2-4 weeks off before you run it again and you should be fine.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

mark118

mark118

Awards
  • Established
thanks Rosie, at this point... im really thinking that a straight up cycle of the The One is best

Im thinking that a prolonged Drive cycle would help consolidate my gains? ie, because its a longer cycle (The One and then prolonged test boosting) makes the chances of losing my gains less, and facilitiates a longer time to make additional gains

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
thanks Rosie, at this point... im really thinking that a straight up cycle of the The One is best

Im thinking that a prolonged Drive cycle would help consolidate my gains? ie, because its a longer cycle (The One and then prolonged test boosting) makes the chances of losing my gains less, and facilitiates a longer time to make additional gains
Doesn't work like that. Using Drive for a longer period of time (i.e. 8 weeks instead of only 4 weeks) will just mean that you get effects from it for longer, not that they will be any more. Whether or not you lose your gains or make additional gains will depend primarily on your DIET and training post-cycle.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT