Thinking about coming off trt

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
That's great news!! Hope all goes well with the pregnancy!

officefat

Awards
Hey guys, I just wanted to give you guys a little update:

In the beginning of the year my sperm count was close to zero, but I felt great overall and was flexing everywhere I went :p

Now 6-8 month later I still feel good, sex drive is good (with TRT it was a little too much at times), even though I lost a few pounds and haven't lifted for strength for a while I'm not too far away from where I was. Like I mentioned before, the "steroid look" is what I miss the most, lol!

But the best thing with this whole thing is that my sperm is going strong and that my wife I pregnant with our second child :D

My TRT pct was deffiently a big success!

Thanks for reading,follow and helping me with advices through this journey!

Let me know if anybody have questions or need help in the future.

Happy Holidays!
So bad ass! Congrats!!!

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
I'd say the ideal would be:
Stay on TRT for an extra 2 months, on a LOW dose
For the first month, run HCG at a low dose to slowly get your testes back in the game
For another month, switch to a short ester such as prop and keep doing the HCG
Last two weeks up the HCG dose, but don't got too high
THEN you can quit the prop cold turkey and go clomid and AI only
something like 50mg clomid 25mg exemstane for 4 weeks, then drop to 25mg clomid and 12.5mg exemstane EOD for the next 2-3 months.

Oh and I'd invest into anything that could possibly help with the body composition. Get some UR Spray, nootropics, PDE5 inhibitors, peptides/GH, etc. I personally would invest in everything and anything, even if I'm fairly certain it wouldn't work.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I'd say the ideal would be:
Stay on TRT for an extra 2 months, on a LOW dose
For the first month, run HCG at a low dose to slowly get your testes back in the game
For another month, switch to a short ester such as prop and keep doing the HCG
Last two weeks up the HCG dose, but don't got too high
THEN you can quit the prop cold turkey and go clomid and AI only
something like 50mg clomid 25mg exemstane for 4 weeks, then drop to 25mg clomid and 12.5mg exemstane EOD for the next 2-3 months.

Oh and I'd invest into anything that could possibly help with the body composition. Get some UR Spray, nootropics, PDE5 inhibitors, peptides/GH, etc. I personally would invest in everything and anything, even if I'm fairly certain it wouldn't work.
What are you talking about?!

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Sorry wrote in a hurry. My point was:
1) start HCG before getting off TRT
2) use a short ester while waiting for the long ester to clear
3) run a long PCT using a SERM and AI
4) invest in supplements which could help you keep your body composition/training ability while hormonal levels are crap

Does that clarify what I meant?

That was just my opinion though, for the record. I go e you props for going through it, it was obviously successful. I may try it in the next year myself, albeit for different reasons.

officefat

Awards
alwaysfirst is off trt and got his lady pregnant. Who is your advice for?

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
I was just generally giving advice for coming off TRT. As I said, it's something I may do in the near future so I wanted to imput the type of protocol I would implement for myself. I realize alwaysfirst made it through it and it worked out for him, and for that I commend him.

officefat

Awards
Oh gitchya.
I just ran hcg the last 2 weeks on trt, the 2 weeks while it cleared and then 50mg clomid for 30 days. Worked perfect for me accept my e2 was high and I took an ai to bring it back

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Oh gitchya.
I just ran hcg the last 2 weeks on trt, the 2 weeks while it cleared and then 50mg clomid for 30 days. Worked perfect for me accept my e2 was high and I took an ai to bring it back
Yup my reasoning behind this is that since you're artificially raising your levels with the SERM, there's a good chance your estrogen is going to go over, so it's better to keep it on the lower side with an AI than let it go to high. Additionally (while I have no actual evidence for this) it makes sense that by using the AI you're both physically keeping estrogen low while also 'tricking' your body into thinking you have low estro with the SERM's action on the receptors.

rotherhammad

Awards
Congrats alwaysfirst! Many sleepless nights to come!!!
Will you return to Trt?
I ask because I don't want children and I have been diagnosed with low T. 40years old btw.
I am unsure whether to ask my GP for clomid or androgel or injectable. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If it wasn't for wanting kids in the future and fearing infertility, I'd be looking into HRT myself. Im relatively young however, but I expect to be on in the next 10 years.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Will you return to Trt?
I ask because I don't want children and I have been diagnosed with low T. 40years old btw.
I am unsure whether to ask my GP for clomid or androgel or injectable. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Most of the time I steer people away from TRT, but in your case I say go for it! You are 40 and no longer want kids so yes TRT will be great for you. Go for injections for at least 1-2x per week at a low dose. Have an AI on hand at all times. Once you have protocol that works for you then TRT is a life changer.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Will you return to Trt?
Thanks!

Idk, I'm thinking about it but since I recovered well this time I'm not sure I will, my test levels is in the 500's now, I do miss the steroid look though :)

If you want to start TRT I recommend injectable, it's more effective and you can get away with just 1 shot a week. I did 1 200mg shot every Monday and felt like superman, lol!

Androgel is a pain and Clomid is not the same as real test.

Good luck!

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
If it wasn't for wanting kids in the future and fearing infertility, I'd be looking into HRT myself. Im relatively young however, but I expect to be on in the next 10 years.
I wasn't planing on having another kid when I started and like I said earlier my sperm count died when I was on, luckily I could bring it back to life with hcg&clomid :)