Thinking about coming off trt

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Been really tired and sluggish the last couple if days and my sleep have suffered also :( I have picked up my training and done more cardio (summer is coming up you know ;) ), hopefully it's nothing but something that should be mentioned I guess...

Maybe I should add more carbs now when I go harder..?

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Try and get some good sleep, and once you do then reevaluate how sluggish/lethargic you are. Poor sleep can affect just about every aspect of our life.

I'm a big victim of poor sleep habits. Sometimes going days with maybe 2 hours of sleep each night. When I can't sleep it's always consecutive nights in a row, and the rest of my life suffers too.

Keep us updated.

officefat

Awards
Keep going alwaysfirst! Im rooting for a recovery to manageable levels.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Sleep hygiene is what turns around the doctor's patients the fastest

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
How is this week going?
Hey! Sorry I missed to update.

Last week was good also, started the week sluggish but after some good sleep finished the week really strong! :) Something that sucks is that I probably lost 3-4lb since I got off and I do miss the "steroid look" I had, now I still look pretty good but a little softer and it's not really the same... lol!

Everything is pretty good though, strength is pretty much the same, energy levels same, sex drive good (not as horney but it's a good thing, it was a little too much in the end ;) ).

I did another blood test today and getting my results on Monday, planing on taper off after that, actually I already started this week with doing 25mg eod.

Thanks for reading guys and helping me go through this!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Funny you mention the "steroid look" because I know 2 guys that came off and even though they say their test levels are nearly the same as when on TRT, they look different and complain about not appearing "hard". It is interesting that staying in physiological levels would make a difference in appearance just because of test being exogenous.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Funny you mention the "steroid look" because I know 2 guys that came off and even though they say their test levels are nearly the same as when on TRT, they look different and complain about not appearing "hard". It is interesting that staying in physiological levels would make a difference in appearance just because of test being exogenous.
Lol! Yes, after a cheat day on TRT I looked full and pumped, now I just look like a fat ass... lol! The look is not the same, my wife says it's the same just a few pounds "smaller' but I think she just trying to be nice ;)

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
HELL YEAH!!!

I got my blood test back today and my test level was 668!!! I'm beyond happy about that :)
Estro was high and I/we expected that, my Dr said it should go back down now when I come off Clomid but I will get a natural estro blocker just to make sure, anybody have one to recommend?

Thanks everybody for helping out and giving me advices, I'm really happy everything worked out!

Feel free to hit me up for questions if you're in a similar situation in the future :)

officefat

Awards
Congrats man! Let us know how you're doing off the clomid too. That's the real deal.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As far as estro blocker....some swear by DIM complex and i3C. Personally they didn't work for me. I even took zinc with it. It does work for some. Start there and see how you feel.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
HELL YEAH!!!

I got my blood test back today and my test level was 668!!! I'm beyond happy about that :)
Estro was high and I/we expected that, my Dr said it should go back down now when I come off Clomid but I will get a natural estro blocker just to make sure, anybody have one to recommend?

Thanks everybody for helping out and giving me advices, I'm really happy everything worked out!

Feel free to hit me up for questions if you're in a similar situation in the future :)
Congrats on the strong levels my man!

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Get on some sustain alpha already!

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BPS has remade it. It's perfect for controling E and boosting test. The science is sound and the feed back is amazing. Backed by bloods too.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I ordered Inhibit E, read some reviews and it sounded what I needed. Wasn't sure if Sustain Alpha was "natural" or not, want to stay away from all banned supplements... for awhile at least ;)

damage007

damage007

Banned
Awards
I ordered Inhibit E, read some reviews and it sounded what I needed. Wasn't sure if Sustain Alpha was "natural" or not, want to stay away from all banned supplements... for awhile at least ;)
Adex isn't banned. :147:

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Doesnt get more natural than sustain alpha.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Been a couple weeks, hows the recovery?
Still good, no change really, strength&motivation good and weight is the same as before.

Got off Clomid but still on Viron, Inhibit E and Magnitropin.

Like I mentioned earlier, the biggest change is that I don't have the "steroid look" anymore, I do miss that, lol! Also, I'm not as horney as before, sex drive is still good but not out of hand like before but that's actually a good thing, it was just too much in the end, walking around with a hard on 24/7 is pretty annoying... lol!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Still good, no change really, strength&motivation good and weight is the same as before.

Got off Clomid but still on Viron, Inhibit E and Magnitropin.

Like I mentioned earlier, the biggest change is that I don't have the "steroid look" anymore, I do miss that, lol! Also, I'm not as horney as before, sex drive is still good but not out of hand like before but that's actually a good thing, it was just too much in the end, walking around with a hard on 24/7 is pretty annoying... lol!
Nice! Sounds like your doing well.

Why did you drop the clomid? How long ago did you drop it?

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Nice! Sounds like your doing well.

Why did you drop the clomid? How long ago did you drop it?
Since my test and estro was high my Dr suggested me to stop the Clomid, I dropped it about 2-3 weeks ago. I do have a bunch left so I can always bring it back if I feel a "dip".

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Since my test and estro was high my Dr suggested me to stop the Clomid, I dropped it about 2-3 weeks ago. I do have a bunch left so I can always bring it back if I feel a "dip".
I've got to admit I don't know a lot about Clomid but I wonder if you decreased the dose you could find a sweet spot between test and E2 level?

pracata

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We're you using an Ai with clomid?

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I've got to admit I don't know a lot about Clomid but I wonder if you decreased the dose you could find a sweet spot between test and E2 level?
Maybe but hopefully I don't need to use anything anymore :)

ral

ral

Awards
I used clomid for 2 months to experiment. I been lifting for 20 years natural. I'm 40 now. 215 lbs 5 11". No labs I just wanted to experiment and go by how I felt, I know it's not the best way to do it but I live an extremely busy life and seldom miss work outs. I like the old school mentality, work hard and no fancy stuff. My pre workout is coffee and post work out protein and bcaas. No ac at the gym and little heat in the winter (I live in Canada) I believe that training hard under any circumstances builds discipline. The reason I tried clomid is because I wanted to experiment (like I said before). After doing some research I decided to try 12.5 m/w/f. I did not notice anything the first 2 to 3 weeks but I knew that I had to be patient. These are the results after those initial 2-3 weeks:
-better sleep
-increased appetite
-slight increase in strength
-recovered a lot quicker (this impressed me)
-same weight more muscle definition
-no water retention
-better mood (people noticed)
-a bit more energy
-a bit less fat around the waist
-testicle size increased
-sex drive was the same but recovery time was down

Sides:
-a bit of pain on one testicle the first weeks every now and then but I expected that.
-I got a bit of blurred vision but only a couple of times it went away on its own.

Over all it was pretty good, I liked it. I stopped the treatment because I had a prostate infection unrelated to the clomid (just in case) I still have some left, if I was to do it again I probably would do 10 m+f instead of 12.5 m/w/f , mainly because I would use it for recovery, I'm sure I'll get some gains but recovery and being able to go to the gym the next and perform at high intensity is what I'm after. I also would cycle it, 1 month on 2 off mainly so the body doesn't get used to it and the month that I'm on it I can use it to recover and heal up. Again I'm not as good as other people here with labs and stuff I just try to go by how I feel and its the first thing I try. By the way when I stopped using it I did not feel anything,I truly believe that with clomid less is more, a lot more. I hope this helps

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I used clomid for 2 months to experiment. I been lifting for 20 years natural. I'm 40 now. 215 lbs 5 11". No labs I just wanted to experiment and go by how I felt, I know it's not the best way to do it but I live an extremely busy life and seldom miss work outs. I like the old school mentality, work hard and no fancy stuff. My pre workout is coffee and post work out protein and bcaas. No ac at the gym and little heat in the winter (I live in Canada) I believe that training hard under any circumstances builds discipline. The reason I tried clomid is because I wanted to experiment (like I said before). After doing some research I decided to try 12.5 m/w/f. I did not notice anything the first 2 to 3 weeks but I knew that I had to be patient. These are the results after those initial 2-3 weeks:
-better sleep
-increased appetite
-slight increase in strength
-recovered a lot quicker (this impressed me)
-same weight more muscle definition
-no water retention
-better mood (people noticed)
-a bit more energy
-a bit less fat around the waist
-testicle size increased
-sex drive was the same but recovery time was down

Sides:
-a bit of pain on one testicle the first weeks every now and then but I expected that.
-I got a bit of blurred vision but only a couple of times it went away on its own.

Over all it was pretty good, I liked it. I stopped the treatment because I had a prostate infection unrelated to the clomid (just in case) I still have some left, if I was to do it again I probably would do 10 m+f instead of 12.5 m/w/f , mainly because I would use it for recovery, I'm sure I'll get some gains but recovery and being able to go to the gym the next and perform at high intensity is what I'm after. I also would cycle it, 1 month on 2 off mainly so the body doesn't get used to it and the month that I'm on it I can use it to recover and heal up. Again I'm not as good as other people here with labs and stuff I just try to go by how I feel and its the first thing I try. By the way when I stopped using it I did not feel anything,I truly believe that with clomid less is more, a lot more. I hope this helps
Good info, would be fun and see where your levels are at after a Clomid cycle.

I have bunch left that I'm saving for later, I still feel really good so no reason to go back "on" Clomid yet. I still use some OTC test boosters though.

officefat

Awards
alwaysfirst whats the latest mate? I ended up coming off TRT and hit great number w/ just clomid. This post inspired me to give it a shot. good to know clomid alone may be a solution. So thanks for sharing your experience

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
alwaysfirst whats the latest mate? I ended up coming off TRT and hit great number w/ just clomid. This post inspired me to give it a shot. good to know clomid alone may be a solution. So thanks for sharing your experience
Hey officefat! Everything good and smooth, the only thing I miss is the "steroid look", lol! Happy to hear everything went well for you as well :)

Are you off everything now?

I'm still using some OTC test booster but it's more for fun ;)

officefat

Awards
Lol, no man, I went to the dark side after clomid and getting e2 stable. Numbers looked solid a month after i stopped clomid. About 860 all natty. Decided to get that steroid look x2 ;)

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Lol, no man, I went to the dark side after clomid and getting e2 stable. Numbers looked solid a month after i stopped clomid. About 860 all natty. Decided to get that steroid look x2 ;)
Lol! I'm tempted but waiting to get my wife pregnant first, my sperm was too low to count in the beginning of the year but good to go now so we gonna start trying for another one soon.

Damn "steroid look", I miss it! :D

officefat

Awards
alwaysfirst, it'll come back quick bud. Besides, look at all the cardio your getting trying to make a baby :)

Quil

Quil

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, quick question for you. I'm sort of being temporarily "forced" off of TRT (I'll explain) and need some advice.

Been on a low dose (.50ml/week) of Test Cyp for almost 3 years now. Test stays in the 500-600 range. I see my doc twice a year as required, and there's usually no issue.

I'm temporarily out of state until next summer, and I missed my scheduled appointment with my doc. I was able to get an appointment rescheduled for late next month when I'm home for the holidays, but the doc is refusing to refill my prescription until he sees me. I explained my situation in being out of state and that I couldn't get in any sooner, but he's kind of a weird dude and insists he can't refill the prescription until he sees me. It's my fault for not getting my appointment rescheduled before I left, and I realize that.

I'm now out of test, and unsure of what (if anything) I should do. It'll be 6 weeks between doses, which I'm concerned about. I don't think there are a lot of good ideas out there for me at this point, but if you have any advice, I'm all ears. I have an additional prescription for Arimidex which I use sparingly, but I've stopped taking it since I haven't had a dose of test for fear of crushing my E2.

Like I said, I'm not sure there's anything I can do to mitigate this situation at this point, but if you have any suggestions I would certainly welcome them. Any sort of prescription meds are pretty much out (obviously), but if there's anything OTC worth looking into that will help short term I'd be open to it.

Thanks in advance.

officefat

Awards
Order some clomid off a research chemical site and take 12.5mg/day for trt dose until you get some test. Continue your AI to keep e2 in check. Body will want to bounce the e2 when you stop taking test and clomid will block the e2 receptors so it can build up.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
^that or see a Dr at the state you're in, or last resort is to get some UG test.

Quil

Quil

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. I'll look into Clomid...seems like that's probably the best option.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Thanks guys. I'll look into Clomid...seems like that's probably the best option.
Best option is to get some test. To get Clomid is to make a bad situation a little better... ;)

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I hear you. I don't know how comfortable I am going with the UG stuff.
I know the feeling but with some research it shouldn't be too hard to find something reliable until you see your Dr.

Another good idea would be to find a Dr in the state you're at.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Hey guys, I just wanted to give you guys a little update:

In the beginning of the year my sperm count was close to zero, but I felt great overall and was flexing everywhere I went :p

Now 6-8 month later I still feel good, sex drive is good (with TRT it was a little too much at times), even though I lost a few pounds and haven't lifted for strength for a while I'm not too far away from where I was. Like I mentioned before, the "steroid look" is what I miss the most, lol!

But the best thing with this whole thing is that my sperm is going strong and that my wife I pregnant with our second child :D

My TRT pct was deffiently a big success!

Thanks for reading,follow and helping me with advices through this journey!

Let me know if anybody have questions or need help in the future.

Happy Holidays!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey guys, I just wanted to give you guys a little update about:

In the beginning of the year my sperm count was close to zero, I felt great overall and was flexing everywhere I went :p

Now 6-8 month later I still feel good, sex drive is good (with TRT was a little much at times), eve though I lost a few pounds and have lifted for strength for a while I'm not too far wat from where I was. Like I mentioned before, the "steroid look" is what I miss the most, lol!

But the best thing with this whole thing is that my sperm is going strong and that my wife I pregnant with our second child :D

Happy Holidays!
What a great Christmas gift! Congrats to you and your wife.

C Dub805

C Dub805

Awards
Hey guys, I just wanted to give you guys a little update about:

In the beginning of the year my sperm count was close to zero, I felt great overall and was flexing everywhere I went :p

Now 6-8 month later I still feel good, sex drive is good (with TRT was a little much at times), eve though I lost a few pounds and have lifted for strength for a while I'm not too far wat from where I was. Like I mentioned before, the "steroid look" is what I miss the most, lol!

Happy Holidays!
Awesome brother! Many blessings!