Thinking about coming off trt

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Honestly, I feel equally as good as I did on TRT. Maybe slight fatigue during the second half of the day though.

But, the first 3 weeks of pct I noticed fatigue throughout the day, less motivation and some brain fog.
Ok, nice! How long you been of now?

Yeah I still feel the same, but I'm going a little harder with the pct, I'm planing to go on Clomid for another month before I come completely off. I have plenty of hcg left also that I will freeze for later "pick me up" if needed.

I use 1 cap Powerfull with ZMA before sleep and 1 cap Viron with my morning dose of Clomid, will see next week how much everthing helped with the blood test.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok, nice! How long you been of now?

Yeah I still feel the same, but I'm going a little harder with the pct, I'm planing to go on Clomid for another month before I come completely off. I have plenty of hcg left also that I will freeze for later "pick me up" if needed.

I use 1 cap Powerfull with ZMA before sleep and 1 cap Viron with my morning dose of Clomid, will see next week how much everthing helped with the blood test.
I have been off TRT for almost 6 months now. I have ran an extended pct. Like I said early I just dropped clomid recently. But, also note that my clomid & hcg were RCs because my doc doesnt prescribe it. That bloodwork was taken from a month ago. I have changed my pct since then.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Little more than 4 weeks off now and my blood test came back with a test level of 449, little disappointed with that but happy that all my other levels that was pretty much "dead" is on the way back to normal.

My Dr upped my Clomid dose to 50mg a day and keeping a low dose of hcg at 250iu until next reading in 4 weeks.

Still feel good and strong :)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's awesome that you are riding that high. Good luck going forward.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Little more than 4 weeks off now and my blood test came back with a test level of 449, little disappointed with that but happy that all my other levels that was pretty much "dead" is on the way back to normal.

My Dr upped my Clomid dose to 50mg a day and keeping a low dose of hcg at 250iu until next reading in 4 weeks.

Not bad at all man!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Upping clomid may cause t levels to drop as you may be desensitizing LH receptors. Just food for thought

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Upping clomid may cause t levels to drop as you may be desensitizing LH receptors. Just food for thought
I was thinking about that also and thinking about just keep it at 25mg instead...

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was thinking about that also and thinking about just keep it at 25mg instead...
Thats probably best, by staying at the 25mg dose you will avoid the unwanted potential sides from the clomid (emotional, vision, etc). However, 50mg ED doesn't usually cause the sides usually people dosing at 100 mg ED see those sides.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
When working with doctors their patients responded to 12.5 mgs every Monday WednesdayFriday. I worked with them for a few months while on Trt clearing the metabolic road block ans imbalance which may prevent them from a successful restart when they started the clomid. The end result was a much higher success rate.

wildfox

Awards
  • Established

Thanks for this log.

How have things been mood-wise?

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Thanks for this log.

How have things been mood-wise?
Thank you for reading, hopefully I can help others :)

Mood been great, no difference really, I'm still strong in the gym and my energy still going strong.

The biggest difference I feel is I'm not as horny as I was, I still want sex but I'm not losing my mind if I don't get it, lol! My body don't look as "hard" as it did either.

But over all everything is good!

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
About 5 weeks now and still going strong :)

I decided to stay at 25 mg of Clomid ed and gonna keep hcg at 250iu 2x week for another week or 2 before I stop that.

One thing I noticed is that my "loads" are much bigger, thicker and whiter than it was when I was "on". My "load" on TRT was much smaller and almost clear, my sperm count "on" was next to zero so this probably means that it's on it's way back!
Gonna do a new sperm count in a few weeks to see.

officefat

Awards
I understand, this is just the first blood test to see where I'm at and what we should add or take away to my "pct"..
Huge Thank you alwaysfirst! I'm just starting TRT and not sure if I really want to commit long term or just run a cycle and PCT. I really appreciate you updating your progress so I know what it may be like if I decided to stop after long term trt

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
I wanted to get off trt as well as I am only in my early 30's. I was told that my body just doesn't produce enough and to stop trt i would be back in the same boat as before with low t.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Huge Thank you alwaysfirst! I'm just starting TRT and not sure if I really want to commit long term or just run a cycle and PCT. I really appreciate you updating your progress so I know what it may be like if I decided to stop after long term trt
You're very welcome, I'm happy you reading :)

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I wanted to get off trt as well as I am only in my early 30's. I was told that my body just doesn't produce enough and to stop trt i would be back in the same boat as before with low t.
When I started my test level was 220 but I know why it was low, I was an extrem diet and messed myself up :( I'm sure with a good well balanced diet and with the right natural supps I will be able keep myself in good enough range.

My blood test was showing that all my levels that was low before is on it's way back up :) I also did a sperm count and it was too low to read?! I'll be doing a new one by next month to check where's it at but I can already tell a big difference.

You just need to find a good Dr that's willing to work with you, I'm really happy with mine because he is trying to work with me and get me as good as possible.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Doctors are knowledgeable about drugs however lack the understanding of modifying enzymatic and chemical pathways nutritionally. This has been missing key in majority of complex cases as well as lack of looking at the obvious. Majority of problems are ending majority of people on forums into analysis paralysis. ..sad but true..

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Doctors are knowledgeable about drugs however lack the understanding of modifying enzymatic and chemical pathways nutritionally. This has been missing key in majority of complex cases as well as lack of looking at the obvious. Majority of problems are ending majority of people on forums into analysis paralysis. ..sad but true..
It would be great if one of your posts actually was usefull...

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Get proper labs done and identify hidden stress through detailed history and symptoms looking for root cause (this is it takes a clinician a good 90 minutes or longer to evaluate the case) 25 minute trip to endo will not do sh!t for this

. Correct poor sleep hygiene and lifestyle
2. Address adrenals and neurotransmitters imbalance
3. Remove all gluten soy and dairy from diet to reduce inflammation on the gut mucosa.

The therapeutic approach depends on clinical data and history with out one is just playing guessing games.

My posts are helpful its just people are in a mind set where they have the blinders on not seeing whats right there smacking them in the face.

Just have to look under your nose to find the answer...

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The issue is test levels when you come off clomid. A high test level on clomid doesn't seem to be the same as a regular high test level. Just doesnt act appropriately. Anyway, you could come off clomid and test levels could drop dramatically. There is nothing saying they will hold.

Get on some Sustain Alpha. That will help tremendously IMO.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
The issue is test levels when you come off clomid. A high test level on clomid doesn't seem to be the same as a regular high test level. Just doesnt act appropriately. Anyway, you could come off clomid and test levels could drop dramatically. There is nothing saying they will hold.

Get on some Sustain Alpha. That will help tremendously IMO.
I understand that my test levels will not be the same off Clomid, but I'm still excited that my levels are as high as they are and would like them to get up a little more before I get off.
I will eat, train and use supplements a little smarter to keep my levels up.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tell you what, alwaysfirst, everyone seems to want to burst your bubble, lol. I personally am excited for you and would be interested to see how this holds, so keeping this going would be appreciated.

IntraBolic

Awards
I was on TRT for 14 months and came off "cold turkey" at the advice of my urologist. I crashed for about 9 weeks then slowly came back to "pre-TRT" normal. I've now been off for about a year and all levels are back to normal. I came off for a few different reasons...one being that I wanted to have another child.

In the end my low T was due to a pituitary tumor that is being treated with meds (high prolactin) and my T was restored naturally.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Around 6 week mark and still feel good!

Nothing changed really, had a little libido boost in the beginning of the week but it's back to normal now.

Dropped hcg to 250 iu 1x a week for this week and might do my last shot next week.

Thanks to the positive posters that want to keep reading my progress :)

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I have had trouble peeing the last couple of days? Don't know if it's my prostate acting up, will talk to my Dr in a few weeks when I see him about it. I got some Saw Palmetto in the meantime, hopefully that helps.

damage007

damage007

Banned
Awards
We want another kid, been trying for awhile... :(

I did read about cashout a couple of days ago actually, I don't think he wroth anything after he did it..?

I'm seeing my Dr next week for options, just wanted to ask around if anybody else did it and how they felt after?
You'll need a full re-boot and re-evaluation, if you are in good shape and lower body fat then estrogen should be easier to gauge.
hCG regimens and some sort of SERM will no doubt be required , especially where fertility is the goal.
You should also look into swedish flower pollen extracts for prostate health and for sperm motility improvement.
Additionally, getting ample amounts of Zinc, Vitamin E (preferably tocotrienols) and supplementing with ginkgo biloba may be all excellent therapeutic strategies to get off TRT and optimize cellular health.

When you are on some androgenic compounds, especially past use of progestins such as Deca, there will be serotonergic neuron changes...
Additionally, estrogen issues on or off cycle will play a role in neuronal development and the stakes in the whole game of rejuvenating HPTA.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12763073
http://area1255.blogspot.com/2014/12/estrogen-effects-on-serotonergic-and.html

damage007

damage007

Banned
Awards
Also of course OP, avoid stressful situations and anxiogenic chemicals such as Clen or epinephrine. These might be alright for training but if you are specifically coming off TRT then it may make it more difficult to gauge when your nervous system is coming from the mountain down to the bottom of the ocean. :twak::trink26::sombrero:

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Get off the saw palmetto. Stuff is a 5AR inhibitor. Terrible for recovery. Can have similar effects to Propecia.

I want to be on HRT but fear I won't be able to have kids if I go that route. I also believe I may have a prolactin secreting tumor.

Anyway, best luck OP. Keep us updated.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Get off the saw palmetto. Stuff is a 5AR inhibitor. Terrible for recovery. Can have similar effects to Propecia.

I want to be on HRT but fear I won't be able to have kids if I go that route. I also believe I may have a prolactin secreting tumor.

Oh, did'nt know that, I thought saw palmetto was good for the prostate..? What would you recommend?

After almost 2 years on TRT my sperm count was too low to measure... :(
That was one of the reasons I got off, will do another sperm count in a few weeks.

Thanks for the encouragement :)

damage007

damage007

Banned
Awards

Also a good point - very good advice brother! :13:

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can't say for prostate. I know that enlarged prostates are usually due to high estrogen and not DHT. Are you in an A.I.? HCG aromatises in small amounts and serms leave estrogen circulating in the blood.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Can't say for prostate. I know that enlarged prostates are usually due to high estrogen and not DHT. Are you in an A.I.? HCG aromatises in small amounts and serms leave estrogen circulating in the blood.
I have Anastozol, would that work?

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm not an expert on pharma A.I.'s so you will have to do your research, or hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come in and help. You definetely want to be on one though. I'm pretty sure your prostate issues will clear up after.

Serms block estrogen from hitting specific receptor sites, but does not eliminate it. This leaves that estrogen floating in your blood system. That is why people get rebound gyno after PCT, all that circulating estrogen comes flooding back.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I thought you mentioned you were already running an AI during your pct?
Yes, I was but my Dr said I don't need to use it since I'm off the test... I took 1mg pill last night, it might be in my head but it "feels" like it's better today, lol!

I gonna start Alphamax tomorrow which have Arimistane in it, hopefully that will help keep estro in check also :)

Thanks guys for the tips!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes, I was but my Dr said I don't need to use it since I'm off the test... I took 1mg pill last night, it might be in my head but it "feels" like it's better today, lol!

I gonna start Alphamax tomorrow which have Arimistane in it, hopefully that will help keep estro in check also :)

Ok, that makes sense. Unfortunately, arimistane will not lower your e2 any. It does seem to help lower cortisol some, but not estrogen levels. It will dry/lean you out though.

damage007

damage007

Banned
Awards

Arimidex will work for lowering E2. Yes, estro can make your prostate flare up, prostate issues are from estrogen, not DHT...if however DHT get super high and you have a predisposition - then the secondary* effects on adrenaline can lock your **** up and affect the prostate..for that you use an alpha-1-blocker...so therefore estrogen control and alpha-1-blockade (adrenaline receptor) will rid your prostate symptoms.

It's the same reason geranamine (1, 3 DMAA) and methamphetamine can aggravate your prostate - too much glutamate can irritate it as well..

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Ok, that makes sense. Unfortunately, arimistane will not lower your e2 any. It does seem to help lower cortisol some, but not estrogen levels. It will dry/lean you out though.
Ok, I have a few refills on Anastozol so that's good then :)

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
It's the same reason geranamine (1, 3 DMAA) and methamphetamine can aggravate your prostate - too much glutamate can irritate it as well..
I am a fan of Adderall... I take a break from that also then :(

When on TRT I took 1 1mg pill of Anastozol a week, I keep doing that or maybe I should dose 2x week?

ab08890

Awards
I am in the middle of a restart after 4 years. Two weeks off test cyp, 10 days of HCG 500 iu day, Nolvadex 20 mg daily for 6 weeks. On week 4 of Nolvadex. Not bad so far. Will see what blood work says at the end and then a month after. Got tired of chasing estrogen.

damage007

damage007

Banned
Awards

When on TRT I took 1 1mg pill of Anastozol a week, I keep doing that or maybe I should dose 2x week?
I would do 0.5 mg E2D or E3D , depending on your (for some 0.25mg E3D) sensitivity, it's all about how YOU react..try to gauge how your body uses the E2. Some fellas need to get estrogen into the bottom-low range for prostate symptoms to improve, as well as to gain benefits in leaning/cutting etc..others need about 12 ng/dl drop, everyone has a different genetic output, receptor distribution etc...some men get puffy nips and sensitive skin with just a few points of E2, that means some fellas get high estro side effects because they are so sensitive to it that even while being almost deficient they get estrogen related effects.

This can happen if one is obese or just genetically sensitive, or has too many estrogen receptors, particularly eR-alpha.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I would do 0.5 mg E2D or E3D , depending on your (for some 0.25mg E3D) sensitivity, it's all about how YOU react..try to gauge how your body uses the E2. Some fellas need to get estrogen into the bottom-low range for prostate symptoms to improve, as well as to gain benefits in leaning/cutting etc..others need about 12 ng/dl drop, everyone has a different genetic output, receptor distribution etc...some men get puffy nips and sensitive skin with just a few points of E2, that means some fellas get high estro side effects because they are so sensitive to it that even while being almost deficient they get estrogen related effects.

This can happen if one is obese or just genetically sensitive, or has too many estrogen receptors, particularly eR-alpha.
Thanks, great info!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Have you had blood work done lately? You really need to get your E2 checked to see where it's at. For me, my symptoms were so subtle I didn't realize I was having them. I take .25 mgs of anastrozole twice a week on days I inject my test. That keeps my E2 levels at 22-23. E2 is the hardest hormone to get a handle on which makes regular labs a must.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Have you had blood work done lately? You really need to get your E2 checked to see where it's at. For me, my symptoms were so subtle I didn't realize I was having them. I take .25 mgs of anastrozole twice a week on days I inject my test. That keeps my E2 levels at 22-23. E2 is the hardest hormone to get a handle on which makes regular labs a must.
For some reason my Dr didn't do that last blood test but I make sure he will next blood test I do which in 2 weeks.

damage007

damage007

Banned
Awards
For some reason my Dr didn't do that last blood test but I make sure he will next blood test I do which in 2 weeks.
Always good to stay on em - don't let them deviate from their priorities ( YOU, the patient ).

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Been off now for about 7 weeks.

Had a little hard to pee starting this past weekends, I went back on my Anastozol like Ape Mcgrapes recommended and it's back to normal now :)

I also added Alphamax and Follidrone, my supps list look like this now:

Clomid 25mg ed
Anastozol 0,5 mg e2d
Alphamax 4 caps ed
Follidrone 2 caps ed
Now maca 1000-1500 mg ed
Creatine 3g ed
ALCAR 1500g ed

also the regular protien powder, multi ect.

Still feel good and sleeping very well, weight&strength is about the same.

Thanks for the help guys!

officefat

Awards
Nice! I'm about 5 weeks into my TRT. Its good to know whatbitbwillbbe like to come off. Did the doc give you the clomid?

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Nice! I'm about 5 weeks into my TRT. Its good to know whatbitbwillbbe like to come off. Did the doc give you the clomid?
Yes, I'm lucky to have a Dr that want to help me :)
He wanted me to do 50mg ed but I felt it might be better to stay at 25mg, feel great so far!