The New & Improved GREEN BULGE (sponsored)

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I dont like front squatting much either. I like sissy squats preformed with dbs. When I do front squat tho, i take straps and wrap them around the bar, then hold the straps instead of the bar ( in the same position on the clavicle.) Its hard to explain, but its effective.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
I dont like front squatting much either. I like sissy squats preformed with dbs. When I do front squat tho, i take straps and wrap them around the bar, then hold the straps instead of the bar ( in the same position on the clavicle.) Its hard to explain, but its effective.
Hey ded do you hold the DB's behind you when you sissy squat? I think I can kind of visualize what you are talking about with the straps on the front squat. Are the straps wrapped your wrists or are you just holding them?

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Shoulder day

This afternoon was the first time I have worked shoulder pretty much solo in a lonnngggg time. I did some shrugs to, which I haven't done in forever either. I ate an egg burrito with cheese and onions, and some goat milk and keifer for breakfast. Then I had a small chicken breast and a little bit of quinoa pre workout. Then 30 minutes later I took all 5 Green Bulge and I waited a little longer than usual to lift. I would typically wait around 30 minutes to lift, but today I waited closer to 50 minutes and I was felt pumped a lot faster when I started lifting. Usually I would feel it sometime into my workout, but today I was feeling it as soon as I started lifting.

Shoulder/Traps/Core:

Standing Barbell Press - @ 125 x 10,10,8,6,5,5,4

Side Laterals - @ 25 x 10,10,8,8 superset w/
Behind the Back Shrugs - @ 185 x 10,8,8,8

About 10 minutes of core work - mainly Ab wheels & planks

DB Shoulder Press - @ 55 x 16 followed up w/
Upright Rows - @ 90 x 12

Comments:

It felt weird doing only shoulder today, but I had fun. I was hoping to get 4 sets of 10 w/ 125 lbs on the barbell presses but I couldn't get it. The shrugs really got my traps burning, I held them at the top for a good count or two and by the last set they were on fire. The core stuff was tough and I got a good sweat going then. I decided to finish up with some db shoulder presses and upright rows to just make sure I was done. Doing 16 reps w/ 55 lb db's surprised me, I guess I had more left in the tank than I thought, then I got 12 reps on the upright row w/ 90 lbs.

Post workout I had just plain milk, whey, and eggs. I ran out of chocolate milk yesterday. Then I ate a big plate of potatoes and a nice size angus steak. I might take tomorrow off, but I don't know yet. If I do lift it will be a back/biceps day!!

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I hold one Db behind my back with the sissy squats, and I use the other arm for balance. I getting close to being able to try using two Dbs, but that is hard as hell. The straps are wrapped around the bar with the front squat, then i am holding the strap. Dont sweat the standing BB press, you get it next time for sure!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
good work J, you're doing great... technically you did shoulders and traps, when I do traps I'll 2 out of these DD shrugs, front and back BB.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
good work J, you're doing great... technically you did shoulders and traps, when I do traps I'll 2 out of these DD shrugs, front and back BB.
Thanks for the support DF!! I did feel the traps this morning, a little soreness..

Today was bad day for me though :sad3: Well it wasn't all bad. It started off normal, had some eggs, fruit, honey, and keifer for breakfast. Then a chicken breast and some rice a little later. Then 30 minutes later I got all 5 Green Bulge and hit the gym 30 minutes after that. Today was back/biceps day and I was pumped. I could feel the Green Bulge as I was warming up with some pull ups and moved onto some deads. I warmed up with 135, then 185, then 245, put then as I pulled my first rep I felt my middle left side back tighten up, just like what happened when I was squating last week. So then I tried to do some rack pulls from knee level and it didn't hurt. I did some sets at 275 for 10+ reps then at 305 for 8-10 reps. After that I went to do some weighted wide grip pull ups. Then I went on to reverse curls with an ez bar at 85 lbs. As I was going to do my first set my left side tightened up and I was kind of stuck. It felt like I was cramped up real bad. I called it a day and hobbled back to my house in pain. I took a hot shower and put a heat bad on it. Then I iced it later, and I'm about to heat it again. It still hurts, but I can deal with it.
I think I will take a day or two off, then I'll test it very cautiously in the next few days. This SUCKS!!

:damnit::damnit::damnit:

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
give your back a little rest, let it heal before you workout your back again!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Time is the cure for almost anything... except for death, because that mother f*cker waits for no man. :D
give your back a little rest, let it heal before you workout your back again!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'm still getting over a cold from last week and its a tough balance working out when you're sick on injured... if you get in the zone and start pushing hard for those pumps you'll make the situation worst, take a couple days off or more to recover, get well!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm still getting over a cold from last week and its a tough balance working out when you're sick on injured... if you get in the zone and start pushing hard for those pumps you'll make the situation worst, take a couple days off or more to recover, get well!
Its frustrating missing the gym, but I've tried ignoring it and never clearing the cold for the 2-3 weeks. Sometimes it's better just to take 3 solid days off and completely recover. Hope to hear you're 110% soon!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I hear you on that, been there done that before, last winter I had a little cold and cough that would not go away for weeks I finally decided to take a few days off and before i noticed it was gone, time off the gym is just as important :D

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Take it easy with the back J, i am prone to that same injury, its probably no big deal but give it a rest or it might be ya know.:sad3:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Extra recovery day...

:usa:This morning I hit the gym with one of my friends that could get me into his gym. I wasn't planning on lifting and I didn't. I strethced out for awhile and did a few pull ups, then spotted him the rest of the time. We had fun, and he has made some tremendous gains since the last time we lifted. Hopefully I will be able to lift tomorrow. The pain is letting up for the most part, the only time that I can feel it is when I reach out to grab something that is out of arms length and have to bend my back. Other than that everything is fine, hope eveyone has a safe and fun fourth of July!!!!

:usa2:

:usa:

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
but I think tomorrow or whenever it comes out I will have to go watch that new transformers movie w/ Megan Fox

The other girl towards the beginning of the movie when the kid left for college was SMOKIN' HOT.

IMO, she looked hotter than Megan Fox, lol.

Pics of her online aren't the greatest but she looked bangin' in the movie !

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
The other girl towards the beginning of the movie when the kid left for college was SMOKIN' HOT.

IMO, she looked hotter than Megan Fox, lol.

Pics of her online aren't the greatest but she looked bangin' in the movie !
Are you talking about the fake bot girl A? If so yes she was frickin hot! Especially when she making out with the main guy on his bed...

There are tons of people out here popping fire works, after everyone was told about the burn ban and and a $500 fine if you do lol....:bigeyes:

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Are you talking about the fake bot girl A? If so yes she was frickin hot! Especially when she making out with the main guy on his bed...

There are tons of people out here popping fire works, after everyone was told about the burn ban and and a $500 fine if you do lol....:bigeyes:
Yes, her !!

I love when hottttt girls like that are aggressive like she was in T:2 :sgrin:

I think her name is Isabel Lucas. Googling pic's of her does no justice to what she looked like in the movie, lol.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Yes, her !!

I love when hottttt girls like that are aggressive like she was in T:2 :sgrin:

I think her name is Isabel Lucas. Googling pic's of her does no justice to what she looked like in the movie, lol.
true, she looks a lot better in the movie than in the pics I just saw on google... but she still looks good in them though...

here is a pic I saw from the movie

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Chest day

Yesterday was an off/recovery day, I ate real good, had some steaks and fish at my buddies house , then the same thing later at my Dad's. Oh yeah and I had some really good avocados. This morning I had a leftover steak with some black beans and carrots. Before that I took a 30 minute walk this morning as soon as I woke up. Two hours after breakfast I had a small whey shake with a few scoops of peanut butter, then 15 minutes later all 5 Green Bulge, then 30 minutes later I started lifting.

Chest/Triceps:

DB Incline Press (45 degree angle/30 degree angle) - @ 65 10/8, 10/8, 8/5, 6/4

Dips - +35 x 9, +50 x 5,5 + 55 x 2

Close grip bench - @165 x 5,5,3,2

Bench Press - @205 x 3,2,1

Standing EZ extension - @ 80 x 8,6,5 superset w/
Fly's - @40 x 8,8,8

Comments:
My chest is still burning after this one. I was siked I on almost all of my lifts today and I didn't feel any back pain today. The dips were a motha and so was the close grip bench. I was hoping to knock out a set of 5 at 205 on the bench too. I am so hungry now :food:

Post workout I had some milk, whey, and no eggs (all out). I got one more leftover steak, but I want to save it for tonight, so I'm going to go with some tuna or salmon with some rice. So far I leaning out nicely and I think my strength is going up on most exercises. I'm going to try to get a nap in after I eat too. Nothing much to do today...

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
true, she looks a lot better in the movie than in the pics I just saw on google... but she still looks good in them though...

here is a pic I saw from the movie

Even that one doesn't do her justice haha. But sick workout my man !

I'll be starting my GB log soon :D

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
I know she still looks a lot better on the big screen, especially the IMAX lol.

I'll be looking forward to the log!!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
how many days are you in to your log and for how long you running this cycle for?

oh, nice workout bty!

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Workout looks great J, Keep up the good work! I dont know if she is hotter than megan fox.......she is certainly no jurgita!!!!!!:no:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
how many days are you in to your log and for how long you running this cycle for?

oh, nice workout bty!
I got one bottle and I'm a little bit more than half way through it!! Thanks DF!!

Workout looks great J, Keep up the good work! I dont know if she is hotter than megan fox.......she is certainly no jurgita!!!!!!:no:
She does seem a lot hotter in the movie though...:disappointed:

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
She does seem a lot hotter in the movie though...:disappointed:
100% agreed. The minute I saw her in the movie I was like :bigeyes:

:lol:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Another leg day

Man I was super busy today, just glad it is almost ever... still didn't want to test my back too much...

Legs:

Front Squats - @165x 10, 175 x 8,8,8 185 x 6 135 x 10

Leg Curls - @ 65 x 8,8 75 x 5 superset w/
Standing BB Calf Raises - @ 185 x 15 205 x 12,12

Reverse Lunge elevated - 2 25 DB's x 6,6,6 superset w/
Split Squat - 2 25 DB's x 6,6,6

Sissy Squats - 25 plate x 15

Comments:
I was exhausted after this one, and I was having trouble focusing with this crew fixing a water line right across the street. It seemed like every time I was getting ready for a set they would make some random really loud noise. It was all good though, had to get that water back on. My legs were shot too, and I had to walk around after this for awhile which was not very fun.

Post Workout was some milk and whey, then a big bowl of tuna and a bowl of oatmeal. I got to relax for awhile, then my friends called me up to play basketball. It couldn't be any other day but leg day?? Well we played for about 2.5 hours and we only had 12 people playing and I was picked like every game. By the end of it I was sooo hungry and beat up. I was getting out jumped and out ran by guys who were way shorter and way slower. Luckily my jumper was falling and my timing seemed on so I picked up a handful of nice blocks. I'm still tired from the pick up though, I just really want to go to bed...

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Do you hold something for balance when you sissy squat? I superset them with leg press high reps, its very unpleasant.:bigeyes:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Do you hold something for balance when you sissy squat? I superset them with leg press high reps, its very unpleasant.:bigeyes:
Yes I've been placing my left hand against a wall and holding a 25lb plate on my chest, I try to do it without my hand on the wall but I can't go as deep...

Appreciate the pic Iron!! :hail:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Shoulder day...

Another busy day for me... had to struggle to find time to lift, and I was planning on eating a ton today, but I couldn't find time to cook very much. But that just means tomorrow I will have a lot to eat.

Shoulders, Traps, & Core:

Standing BB Press - @ 125 x 10, 135 x 8, 145 x 6, 155 x 3,1

DB Shrugs - @ 75 x 12,12,12,11

Bent Laterals - @ 25 x 8,8,8

10 minutes of core work - mostly planks and hanging leg raises

Side Laterals - @ 25 (plates) x 10,10,9 superset w/
Clean and Press - @ 105 x 8,5,3

Comments:

I was pumped after this workout, I looked more vacular than I can ever remember being during my workout too. The harderst thing was finishing with the clean and presses. That 105 lbs felt like 150 when I was done. I struggled to finish with a push press type lift. Needless to say my shoulders were beat...

Post workout I had some milk and whey. I got some more of my eggs fresh of the farm today, so I'll have eggs for like a week, maybe a little bit more. I had stuff to do this morning at 7 and I freakin forgot to set my alarm clock, so I got up at 6:30. Didn't have anytime to make anything, but I managed to grab a tub of peanut butter and a banana before I left the house. Tonight I had to go out to eat at a really good fajita spot. I had some charro beans, chicken, steak meat, and some guacamole. It was sooo good...

Tomorrow I will try to hit back and biceps...

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Looking good bud. I havent done cleans in forever it seems. Pretty pleased with this supp so far?

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Looking good bud. I havent done cleans in forever it seems. Pretty pleased with this supp so far?
Oh yeah, pretty impressed. I've lost around 5 lbs and my strength is going up on most lifts, that's all I can hope for.

I miss doing full power cleans, they used to be my bread and butter back in high school, I might throw some in soon!! :scratchchin:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Back/Bicep Day

Today was a back day, and I was nervous about deadlifting. I wasn't sure I would be able to pull anything, or not much weight. I figured I would just go as hard as I thought I could...

Back & Bicpes:

Deadlifts - @ 135 x 10, 185 x 10, 225 x 10, 255 x 5, 275 x 5,5,5

Weighted Chin Ups - BW+20 x 8,7,5,5

DB Rows - @ 75 x 5,5,5 superset w/
EZ bar curls - @ 100 x 4,4,4

Wide Grip Pull Ups - BW x 8,6,5,5 supset w/
Hammer Curls - @ 25 x 12,12,12,12 superset w/
DB Pull overs - @ 55 x 10,10,10,10

Comments:
This session was a lot later in the day than I usually lift but it didn't seem to effect me. I was siked about being able to deadlift pain free, off course I didn't pull that heavy of weight, I was just being cautious but I still put in some work. My biceps were pumped during the whole workout and by lats were on fire when I was repping those pull overs. I hadn't done them in awhile and they felt good.

Post workout I had some milk, whey, and 2 eggs. Then I followed it up with a small steak and some black beans with a lot of greens. I got in a good amount of food today. Two steaks, 2 cans of tuna, one shake w/ peanut butter, about 12 eggs, and a turkey burger patty with various veggies throughout the day. I also had picked up some blackberries yesterday and they are really good. They might become regulars in my fridge! Tomorrow is an off day, I hope, but it might be too hard to resist...:bigeyes:

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Nice w\o J, glad to here about the pain free deads. You dropped five lbs that is awesome bro. I have been recomping but the last week or two, I been a big cheater. So crazy at my house with preggers wife and complete home remodel going on. I stalled out so far at 215 lbs.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Indeed, nice workout, J!

Also, congrats dedlifter! I was unaware that your wife is with child. That's awesome news, my friend!
Are you doing the remodeling yourself? And what exactly are you having done/doing?

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Appreciate it fellas!!!

Congrats ded!!
I know what you mean with the home remodeling, I've been helping my Dad do his house the last few weeks but it has been fun. I pulled his carpet up a few days ago and then we painted some walls and the ceiling some yesterday, but I got the day off today!

Today is a straight rest day, gonna eat like a champ!! I just had a pretty big steak with some fresh collard greens and I'm sure there is much more to come!!!

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Indeed, nice workout, J!

Also, congrats dedlifter! I was unaware that your wife is with child. That's awesome news, my friend!
Are you doing the remodeling yourself? And what exactly are you having done/doing?
Yeah man she is due in three weeks!!!! A bouncing baby girl!!! I am adding 500 sq ft to my home, all master bedroom. I framed it with my father, and did all work so far except electrical and heating. Plus I am having the house painted, new landscaping, and three months ago I remodeled the kitchen and painted the whole interior, and remodeled my other daughters room. As of now, I have three new sets of furniture to assemble as well. My days never end, but its all good. My house was built in 1909 so its like "this old house" over here with all the projects going on.:sad3:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man she is due in three weeks!!!! A bouncing baby girl!!! I am adding 500 sq ft to my home, all master bedroom. I framed it with my father, and did all work so far except electrical and heating. Plus I am having the house painted, new landscaping, and three months ago I remodeled the kitchen and painted the whole interior, and remodeled my other daughters room. As of now, I have three new sets of furniture to assemble as well. My days never end, but its all good. My house was built in 1909 so its like "this old house" over here with all the projects going on.:sad3:
dang that's crazy :surprised:, you are a busy man ded!!! going to be even busier soon!

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Chest

Got a good start to the weekend today, but I had limited time to lift this morning but it still went down!! I had a nice breakfast with 4 scrambled egss, half of a steak, and an assortment of berries, with some raw honey. Then about 45 min later I took all 5 Green Bulge and went on my way.

Chest/Triceps:

Bench - @ 165 x 10,10,10,8,6,6,5,4

DB Extensions - @ 75 x 10,9,8,8

"Fly" Dips - BW x 8,6,5,5

Comments:

I was on timed rest intervals today, only 30 seconds between every set. I was very winded after but I felt good. I failed hard on the 4th set of bench, and the bar got stuck on my chest, but I just let the plates slide off one side and it was good. That was the only time when I had to use a little bit more than 30 seconds to get back under the bar. The fly dips felt different, I had seen them on tmuscles "best of chest" article and I just felt like trying them out. I think I was just so fatigued and couldn't crank out any more reps though, but they are probably still harder than regular dips.

Post workout I had milk, whey, and two eggs. I had a bowl of chicken and rice with broccoli and carrots ready for me when I left. A little while later I had a nice size steak with an avacado, then I had a large turkey burger. Now I finally get to relax and watch the US in Gold Cup play Haiti. I might go somewhere to watch UFC100 tonight, but I doubt it...

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Legs

Today was a leg day, it was the first time I did regular back squats since I strained my back. I didn't want to go to heavy, but I think I hit them hard. I ate some eggs, black beans, and berries for breakfast, then 45 minutes later I took the Green Bulge, then I waited 30 minutes to go lift.

Legs:

Squats - @ 225 x 5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5

Stiff Leg Deads - @ 135 x 10, 155 x 8,7,7

Standing DB Calf Raises - @ 50 x 20,20,20,20,20

Comments:

I got my milk, whey, and eggs post workout. Then I ate some turkey with some peas and potatoes from the garden. Now I got some steaks and fish on the grill that I'm gonna get into in a few minutes! My legs are sore now, but I feel good, they were shaking before I finishes up on the last set of squats. I was only taking minimal breaks between sets, all but the last two were way under a minute.

Tomorrow I may go hit shoulder, or I might just take the day off. I think I got a few days left on Green Bulge, but I'm still loving it!!

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys!!

I was too busy to update yesterday's workout, but it went well. I did shoulders/traps/core, and in the evening I played basketball for about 2 hours. I would say I ate around my maintence amount yesterday. This included 2 steaks, 1 can of chicken breast, 1 can of tuna, about 7-8 eggs, a lot of berries, a lot of broccoli, wheat germ, two protein shakes w/ peanut butter, and I think I am forgetting something... I have two days left off Green Bulge including today. Today is an off day, I have tons of work to do and do not even think I could squeeze in a session.

Yesterday's Session
Shoulder/Traps/Core:

Standing BB Shoulder Press - @ 125 x 10, 135 x 10,10,8,5,3

Bent laterals - @ 25 x 10,10,9,8 superset w/
BB Shrugs - @ 205 x 8,8,6,5 superset w/
Leaning Side laterals - @ 20 x 8,8,8,6

Core Work for 10 min - planks, hanging leg/knee raises, DB side bends

Arnold Press - @ 50 x 10,7,3 superset w/
High Pulls - @120 x 7,5,4

Comments:

I was impresses by this workout for sure! The 135 barbell press felt light as could be for the first few sets, I would have thought it would be much more difficult. The shrugs were hard and the leaning side laterals were tough too. I went almost to failue for the arnold press and high pulls, well I went until my shoulders were burning so bad that I just had to drop the weight.

Post workout I got my usual whey,milk, and eggs. Then after I got a large bowl of peas and potatoes and chicken (thats what I forgot to add). I am very impressed by the strenght gains so far from the Green Bulge, the weight just is feeling lighter than it should you know? I only have today and tomorrow left and tomorrow will be a back/biceps workout. After this I will take updated pics and post a final review! Oh and I weighed in this morning at 207, I think that is up a pound from the last weigh in, which is suprsising since last night I played ball for 2 hours. Also last night I was dunking extremely easy, I put a few in vertically, one handed though. I was sad that I didn't get a chance to throw one down during a game :happysad:

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
lookin good J, you have some serious meals in there bro!!

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Yep yep, got to keep the food intake up with all of this running around that I have been doing, and it continued today... but I did get to sit in the movies for like 3 hours watching Harry Potter. I just think Emma Watson is hot...

My last day off Green Bulge!!! I finished it up with a back/biceps day. I got to lift after breakfast which was 5 scrambled eggs, black beans, and a sliced tomatoe. Then an hour later I took my last 5 Green Bulge, waited for 30 minutes and went out the door.

Back & Biceps:

Snatch Grip Deadlifts - @ 285 x 5, 295 x 3, 305 x 3, 335 x 1,1,1

Wide Grip Pull Ups - BW + 35 x 3,3,3,3,3,3,2

Incline Hammer Curls - @ 35 x 5,5,5,5

Bent Rows - @ 135 x 10, 155 x 7, 175 x 3

DB Rows - @ 65 x 8,7,3 superset w/
Alt DB Curls - @ 35 x 8,8,6

Comments:

Today I was keeping my rest between sets as short as possible, and I was beat after it. The hardest thing was pulling those 335 snatch deadlifts, I just kept good form, bit my lip, and pulled. On the last superset I didn't even take a break from the second set. Once I was down I just sat on a bench for a few minutes breathing hard.

Post workout I only had milk and whey, then I ate a steak, broccoli, and peas. Throughout the rest of the day I ate two cans of tuna with carrots, a turkey patty with a tomatoe, a few scoops of natty p butter, and now I think I'm going for a caesin shake. I'll post a final review tomorrow along with some pics!!

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Sounds awsome bro, seems like strength is up too no?