xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
body opus is a competition style keto diet. its the king, if your capable of following it. a lot of gains in mass can happen too over time as the work out schedule is grueling but very effective.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
body opus is a competition style keto diet. its the king, if your capable of following it. a lot of gains in mass can happen too over time as the work out schedule is grueling but very effective.
Continue....

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Im definitely trying to do this at some point soon. Right up my alley

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Continue....
body opus uses a 5/2 split. sunday evening through Friday after noon you are full keto dieting. Friday evening till sunday afternoon is a super compensation carb up. this causes an anabolic response and a surge in strength as you attempt to descend into ketosis over the next 2 days. once in keto you can glide until Friday after noon at which point you prime the system for the insuing super comp via a total body depletion work out.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
So I went 6 days very low carb (at max 30gs a day) and got down to 196. Then I had basically a cheat day. Foot long sub,ice cream etc. shot back up to 204. Now I'm down to 195. Is it good to be losing about a pound a week? I won't be doing a Cheat day again. It'll be a lot cleaner. But should I expect faster weight loss with it being a cleaner carb day?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
if you are looking for a strictly fatloss goal I recommend UD2.0... as you just found out, there are a lot of nuances to learn with this style dieting.
Also everyone is different. You have to remember it is the one of the few diets that the scale is hard to use.. as an example I take two weekly weigh ins when im on my diet. one on Monday morning to gauge how much water and glycogen Im holding. And then again on Fridays rights after my total body depletion work out. Its the Friday number that you really look at. the one you take before the carb up. other wise your playing with to many variables to even guess at what you think you're seeing. the biggest recomp you should see (imo) is about 8 lbs max. any more than that and your likely spilling over and like you did, only drop 1 measly pound. lol j/k

that's actually pretty good for the first time. do the same thing again and watch your meals better and drink moar water during the course of the carb up.
also .. after 2-3 days at trace carbs you really start to eat too much mass and strength..on day 4-5give your self between 50-80 grams carbs but keep it all leafy greens and broccoli. then re weigh in again before you carb up and again after compare notes.. this is how you adjust for your self.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Okay I'll start weighing myself Monday morning( I'll have either a large carb based meal on Sunday or dextrose shake with oats for dinner) and then weighing myself Saturday night. Also I haven't felt flat this week like I did last week and the only difference in my diet is I'm not drink a pre workout or post workout protein shake. I definitely feel better not drinking whey/casein for some reason. Lol I do think I would have had a better rebound of weight loss if I would have been a little better on my cheat day. So on Saturday I should eat around 60gs of carbs from greens? I'll try that. I've been drinking about 1-2 gallons of water a day. Basically everyday. Also you mean 8 pound difference in a week or in total?

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
If you're strict with it, 8lb fluctuation a week tends to be the minimum. I had 6g carbs today as an example.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
If you're strict with it, 8lb fluctuation a week tends to be the minimum. I had 6g carbs today as an example.
So me going from 196 to 204 then back down to 195 is okay? That's with a heavy carb day on Sunday

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
When i ran the anabolic diet and did it strictly i would gain upwards of ten pounds every weekend. And usually by wednesday i looked my best, felt my best and had an even weight. By friday i looked flat and didnt really feel all that well either. That diet can be tricky, but it really helped me learn my body.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
as long as they are not filled with sugar I don't see any reason you cant use them. they are in fact proteins, so just keep that in mind as your setting up your macros.
Certain aminos convert to glucose through gluconeogenesis. The reason why some people say BCAAs are a no go on this diet and on keto diets is that a couple of the aminos can potentially take you out of ketosis. L-Glutamine and L-isoleucine. Spiking your BCAAs with extra leucine will solve the isoleucine issue though. As long as the ratio of leucine : isoleucine is higher, all is good.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My favorite diet right here. This is my go-to cut/recomp diet.
I always have gains on it too, especially if enhanced while on it.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Certain aminos convert to glucose through gluconeogenesis. The reason why some people say BCAAs are a no go on this diet and on keto diets is that a couple of the aminos can potentially take you out of ketosis. L-Glutamine and L-isoleucine. Spiking your BCAAs with extra leucine will solve the isoleucine issue though. As long as the ratio of leucine : isoleucine is higher, all is good.
right .. and like I addresses in another post.. the likely hood of you getting enough of any of those aminos in any appreciable amount at any one time is small in this case.. how many people you know that actually slam a BCAA drink? sipping on one for a half hour will never knock you out of keto.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My favorite diet right here. This is my go-to cut/recomp diet.
I always have gains on it too, especially if enhanced while on it.
yes agreed 100% I ran this for about 8-10 months and made gains I would have never believed.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
right .. and like I addresses in another post.. the likely hood of you getting enough of any of those aminos in any appreciable amount at any one time is small in this case.. how many people you know that actually slam a BCAA drink? sipping on one for a half hour will never knock you out of keto.
True. I'm one of those over-users of BCAAs though hehe... I typically put tons of it in all my water, helps me to drink a lot more fluids. It knocked me out of keto once in the past, so now I watch how much I use at once.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
When i ran the anabolic diet and did it strictly i would gain upwards of ten pounds every weekend. And usually by wednesday i looked my best, felt my best and had an even weight. By friday i looked flat and didnt really feel all that well either. That diet can be tricky, but it really helped me learn my body.
So I had my carbs last night and I woke up and I was .5 a pound lighter? Compared to last week when I gained 8 pounds afterwards

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
So I had my carbs last night and I woke up and I was .5 a pound lighter? Compared to last week when I gained 8 pounds afterwards
Wait until you drink something, then report back. The thirst will win.

JFarmer1

Awards
I always feel hung over the next day after I eat a bunch of carbs.... I'm to the point I don't hardly even want to eat carbs again lol

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I always feel hung over the next day after I eat a bunch of carbs.... I'm to the point I don't hardly even want to eat carbs again lol
That's basically how I felt this morning, but then I got on the scale and saw I was down .5 haha

JFarmer1

Awards
I was up 4 pounds this morning when I got up but by noon was at my normal weight

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I was up 4 pounds this morning when I got up but by noon was at my normal weight
Was you refeed a whole day or just a meal?

JFarmer1

Awards
I've been out of Ketosis for a week now but I still live a low carb lifestyle. I aim to stay under 70g all the time except for a couple meals a week when I feel I need a pick me up!

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
That sounds kind of like a timed carb diet. Have you found any use in GDAs?

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

Awards
Oh man you guys are amazing. I just stumbled onto this app and found this conversation. I haven't even begun anything because I've been looking for a good diet and exercise plan. I am 6'3" and at 283.5 lbs. way out of shape. I think I'm at 34% body fat too. Thank you guys for all this info. One question though. What book are you talking about? Can you post a pic of the cover please?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
The book is called The metabolic diet(previous name is the anabolic diet) by dr. Mauro Pasquale. I'm currently doing a program by Jim stoppani called "back and fourth" he also has some other good programs but there are plenty of other free and possibly better programs on the Internet. Have you ever lifted routinely? If not, I would say focus more on your diet then anything and start with a routine based around bench pressing, squating and deadlifting as well as supplemented cardio.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Also welcome! There's plenty of people on this site who will be able to help

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

Awards
Matthandyo,
Thanks bro. Yes I lifted routinely during my first two years in the military. Fist I got asthma, Then I injured my back after a mission and felt bad for myself and made excuses ever since. I currently acquired a bench with all the weights I need and am fixing up my bicycle to start riding. I am going to do the Kris Gethin 12 week daily trainer as my workout regimen but have been struggling with the right diet. I want to begin a diet plan with lots of cardio and a little weights to loosen up the muscles, at least a month before I start this workout. I have also thought about doing those you mentioned. I haven't done anything since which is why I gained. I used to be 228lbs lean. I'll post pics tomorrow of what I look like now. Thanks for the advise.

JFarmer1

Awards
Good luck man! I started the year at 251 and 32% body fat and now I'm 207 yesterday and my last check a month ago i was 25% bf. This is a great site with very helpful people!!! Just remember, whatever you decide to do stay consistant!!!

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

Awards
JFarmer1,
That my goal bro. Im working on getting that soldier mentality back. Thanks for the feedback and motivation boost. I know motivation is the one thing I need most.

JFarmer1

Awards
Once you start your diet you should post a log and people will help you as you go. You will get alot of feed back. I'm gonna start one soon myself!!

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

Awards
JFarner1,
Your progress is pretty amazing as well. Can I get any suggestions on supps to bring into the weight loss. My goal is to drop body fat while maintaining muscle mass. I say losing at least 20lbs will be awesome. That my short term goal. Long term is 40lbs

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

Awards
I will definitely check that out. But I just got in this app on Friday. So I'm still learning how to get around in it.

JFarmer1

Awards
Honestly I didn't use much of anything the first few months except for fish oil a good multi and preworkout out. Now that I'm down where wieght loss has slowed I'm hitting the gym harder I've added ep1c unleashed into the mix and my pre workout is a fat burner powder. But none of it matters if the diet is wrong!!!

JFarmer1

Awards
I will definitely check that out. But I just got in this app on Friday. So I'm still learning how to get around in it.
Understand that!!! The computer version may make it easier to log but not sure

JFarmer1

Awards
JFarner1,
Your progress is pretty amazing as well. Can I get any suggestions on supps to bring into the weight loss. My goal is to drop body fat while maintaining muscle mass. I say losing at least 20lbs will be awesome. That my short term goal. Long term is 40lbs
Myfitnesspal app has been a life saver for me!!! It makes my life so much easier. Also get a food scale!!!

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

Awards
Honestly I didn't use much of anything the first few months except for fish oil a good multi and preworkout out. Now that I'm down where wieght loss has slowed I'm hitting the gym harder I've added ep1c unleashed into the mix and my pre workout is a fat burner powder. But none of it matters if the diet is wrong!!!
I got the fish oil covered, but don't know what pre-workout to go with or what ep1c is? Any suggestions on the pre-workout?

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

Awards
Myfitnesspal app has been a life saver for me!!! It makes my life so much easier. Also get a food scale!!!
I got the MyFitnessPal app and am also new to it but don't have a good scale yet. Adding that one to the list. Thanks

JFarmer1

Awards
There is a million pre work outs and everyone has different stim tolerances! My favorite is Mr. Hyde by Pro Supps. Insane energy! But that's me. There is a supplement review section in here you can look through!!

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

Awards
Wow. Thanks bro. I need me some energy too. I tell you, I've been as lazy as can be. Especially since I don't work either. I'll definitely look Ito that.

JFarmer1

Awards
I got the MyFitnessPal app and am also new to it but don't have a good scale yet. Adding that one to the list. Thanks
Yeah the food scale really made a big difference. You don't realize how far off you on your weight guesses until you have one. I was screwing myself over because I was guessing 6oz of chicken at a meal and it was only about 3. So my calories at times were below a 1000....

JFarmer1

Awards
Yeah buddy!! Just be active on here and you will learn alot. Go to the exercise logs and find ones that interest you and go in and add a comment. This way you will get alerted as people add to it and you can learn. I simply type "in" and then sit back and read read read lol