TESTOPRO LOG (BULKING UP WHILE KEEPING MY ABS!)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm trying to lean out, so I'll be happy if I can maintain strength and intensity over the next month or two. I typically end up recomping, which is a win in my book. I can't keep to a strict enough diet to do a true cut, lol.

BKx90

Awards
Back day

Bent over BB rows (trying to maintain a 70 degree angle)
185x10
205x7
215x4 (form broke down a bit here)
185x10

pulldowns wide
160x12
180x8
180x7
160x9

T-bar rows setup
45x12
70x12
95x12

close grip pulldowns
125x12
125x10
125x10

shrugs db
80x15
90x12
100x10
50x15

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how are your strength gains? I am still putting up natty PRs but the scale is not budging. Overall I am still very pleased so excited for the next 30 days.

BKx90

Awards
My leg strength has gone up more than anything. My squat is higher than ever. I havent done a fresh flat bench in a while but my incline has gone up considerably where i could get 200 for a set of 5. Ive hit PRs on side raises and tricep pushdowns, bicep curls, shrugs. I'm not very experienced with test boosters (and only one experience cutting with a hormone) and I'm only 21 so I think I still have plenty more that I can achieve naturally (hopefully) if I keep up this intensity

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I just read the past couple of updates. Those are pretty great updates as far as results are concerned. I just started TestoPRO today.
How long u been off hormonals

I'm trying to lean out, so I'll be happy if I can maintain strength and intensity over the next month or two. I typically end up recomping, which is a win in my book. I can't keep to a strict enough diet to do a true cut, lol.
x2

BKx90

Awards
As for the scale I think I am very slowly gaining now. I havent checked every morning, but my night time weight has been a bit heavier (around 196-197)

BKx90

Awards
Chest and Biceps

Flat Bench
225x6
225x6
205x7

a little weaker than id hoped, but still solid. I'll keep this as my first exercise for a while and hopefully I can hit 8-10 reps of 2 plates eventually lol

incline dbs
70x8
75x8
80x6

decline press machine
230x10
270x10

flye machine
150x12
170x10

lower pec flyes pulling down
2 sets of 10

Seated Dumbell curls
35x10
35x8
45x5 real heavy with some cheating, mostly tryin to get some strength and focusing on the concentric
25x12

Hammer curl cables
x12
x12

solid workout and huge pump. Strength was good. I love tryin out new exercises and machines that I havent done for months and then seeing that my strength has stayed the same or even increased since last time

BKx90

Awards
Leg day

squats
225x10
245x8
265x8

switchin over to a higher rep scheme than what i was doin the past month. Def hard as hell - one thing I notice about squats is how much of a cardio workout they can be when done slow and for 10 reps. I went from fresh to dripping in sweat in 2 sets lol

leg press very slow and very deep
180x10
270x10
360x10

hamstring curls single
50x10
75x8
100x5 dropset to 50x8

standing calf raises
200x12
240x10
260x8

leg press calf raises very slow
540x10
540x10
630x8

great workout. considering the slow speed and depth of my squats, 265x8 is a PR! As time goes by, I am realizing that my weights arent always getting better and better, but that my form always improves over time and that makes the exercises more effective. It's funny how you tend to think you know everything when you are young smh. It's true as you grow up you don't necessarily workout harder, but you definitely work out smarter.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Slow and controlled :thumbsup: we are growing up so fast :')

Bulkypinoy61

Bulkypinoy61

Awards
  • Established
Leg day

squats
225x10
245x8
265x8

switchin over to a higher rep scheme than what i was doin the past month. Def hard as hell - one thing I notice about squats is how much of a cardio workout they can be when done slow and for 10 reps. I went from fresh to dripping in sweat in 2 sets lol

leg press very slow and very deep
180x10
270x10
360x10

hamstring curls single
50x10
75x8
100x5 dropset to 50x8

standing calf raises
200x12
240x10
260x8

leg press calf raises very slow
540x10
540x10
630x8

great workout. considering the slow speed and depth of my squats, 265x8 is a PR! As time goes by, I am realizing that my weights arent always getting better and better, but that my form always improves over time and that makes the exercises more effective. It's funny how you tend to think you know everything when you are young smh. It's true as you grow up you don't necessarily workout harder, but you definitely work out smarter.
very nice leg workout man!

BKx90

Awards
shoulders and tris today. Felt pretty good. I took a spinning class with my gf before i worked out...bad idea. I think I was kinda drained from it a bit so i had a hard time kickin weights up on shoulder press haha. I think i realized that most ppl don't care how much im lifting and how many reps I'm doing, but I'm going to continue doing so for my own personal benefit I get from it :) .

I'm breaking out on my body, which is bad but also good. I'm assuming this is higher than normal testosterone :D I however am prone to breakouts so this isn't too out of the ordinary. But, I have undergone accutane treatment before...

db shoulder press
80s x 8 flopped on the lift off here the first time lol

flopped on the 80s again...depressing
70sx10
70sx12

side raises single arms
25x10, 10
30x8

rear delt flye machine
70x12
100x10
110x8

tricep pushdowns
9kgx10, 8, 8
75kgx12

hammerstrength pushdown
140x12
230x10
320x5

rope thingies
x15,15

solid workout. I'm never taking spin class again tho - i think it detracted some of my energy and that normal edge i would have

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IF I do cardio I do it after the workout. Better for fat burning anyway since you have used your glycogen stores for the strength workout so you should primarily be burning fat while doing the cardio

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do a five - ten minute warmup to get the blood flowing and then I do my cardio after my workout. I also like to do fasted cardio on non-lifting days.

BKx90

Awards
I do a five - ten minute warmup to get the blood flowing and then I do my cardio after my workout. I also like to do fasted cardio on non-lifting days.
i might have to try that fasted cardio on off days. I am always nervous about cardio because I consider myself somewhat of an ectomorph...probably an overeating ectomorph who is skinny fat lol. But I'd love to burn fat without hindering muscle gain

BKx90

Awards
back day

bb rows
205x8,8,7 good and slow moderate cheating on last reps

pullups
x10
+25X7
+25X6

T-bar row setup
90x12
110x10
100x10

close grip pulldowns
150x8
125x12
125x12

db shrugs
80x10
100x10
100x7
50x12

good ****. PR'd in rows and t-bar rows, and two sets of 100s on shrugs was great too. Very satisfied! My wings were huge during my workout. It's getting crazy hard to keep progressing so linearly...perhaps I needa think this through better to keep the strength gains coming. My balls to the wall every set to failure mentality might not be the best strategy anymore

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
back day

good ****. PR'd in rows and t-bar rows, and two sets of 100s on shrugs was great too. Very satisfied! My wings were huge during my workout. It's getting crazy hard to keep progressing so linearly...perhaps I needa think this through better to keep the strength gains coming. My balls to the wall every set to failure mentality might not be the best strategy anymore
Time to change things up??? I like to go a few weeks with higher rep to increase endurance as well as strength. The when I bump the wt up again it seems to come pretty easily after a couple of weeks. For example I would do a few weeks of bench at 4 sets of 12, then when you go to heavier wts at 6/8 reps you can bump it pretty good.

BKx90

Awards
Time to change things up??? I like to go a few weeks with higher rep to increase endurance as well as strength. The when I bump the wt up again it seems to come pretty easily after a couple of weeks. For example I would do a few weeks of bench at 4 sets of 12, then when you go to heavier wts at 6/8 reps you can bump it pretty good.
yea that sounds kinda what i was looking at today. It's the bulking trainer at bodybuilding.com. The layout is upper,lower, upper, lower and every week u progressively decrease reps and increase sets from 2 sets of 12-15 down to week 5: 6 sets of 3-4 then start over the progression with heavier weights. It looks solid

BKx90

Awards
Today I did a bicep workout. I never really just do this, but I was looking for some "shocking" for my bis. Always keep your body guessing ya kno ;)

It was Greg Plitt's Bicep routine with 7 supersets. Every exercise is 4-6 reps heavy as hell and then stripped to a weight you can do around 15-20 reps.

I did:

Barbell curls: 95x8 (too light :/) stripped to 40x15
close grip ez bar preachers: 85x5 to 35x15
cable curls to chest: 33lbsx6 to 15x15
db hammers: 50x8 (too light again..) to 25x15
hands touching straight bar preachers: 70x6 to 30x15
lying stomach on incline bench curls 30x6 to 10x15
concentration curls: 30x6 to 10x15

if that doesnt shock the bis I dont know what will :)

Great workout...I even feel like I have some left in the tank right now haha. I wish i used a bit heavier weights than I did looking back. Definitely felt strong as hell today. I probably coulda done 115x4-6 on barbell curls with some cheating which woulda been sick

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today I did a bicep workout. I never really just do this, but I was looking for some "shocking" for my bis. Always keep your body guessing ya kno ;)

It was Greg Plitt's Bicep routine with 7 supersets. Every exercise is 4-6 reps heavy as hell and then stripped to a weight you can do around 15-20 reps.

I did:

Barbell curls: 95x8 (too light :/) stripped to 40x15
close grip ez bar preachers: 85x5 to 35x15
cable curls to chest: 33lbsx6 to 15x15
db hammers: 50x8 (too light again..) to 25x15
hands touching straight bar preachers: 70x6 to 30x15
lying stomach on incline bench curls 30x6 to 10x15
concentration curls: 30x6 to 10x15

if that doesnt shock the bis I dont know what will :)

Great workout...I even feel like I have some left in the tank right now haha. I wish i used a bit heavier weights than I did looking back. Definitely felt strong as hell today. I probably coulda done 115x4-6 on barbell curls with some cheating which woulda been sick
nice workout. I think it is okay to cheat on barbell curls with real heavy weight, esp toward the last couple reps to finish it off. Arnold did a lot of cheat curls in his offffseason

Sometimes it is nice to have some left in the tank, sometimes it feels good to drain the tank , go home and get a fabulous nights sleep-keep up the good work

BKx90

Awards
nice workout. I think it is okay to cheat on barbell curls with real heavy weight, esp toward the last couple reps to finish it off. Arnold did a lot of cheat curls in his offffseason

Sometimes it is nice to have some left in the tank, sometimes it feels good to drain the tank , go home and get a fabulous nights sleep-keep up the good work
I agree. If I'm ever trying to lift any weight for only 4 reps...there will be slight cheating involved. I guarantee it :)

BKx90

Awards
chest day

Flat bench
225x8 PR!!!! woo feels real good
225x6
205x6

decline hammer strength
230x10
280x8
300x6

incline dbs
70sx9
70sx8
70sx5

flye machine
190x8
150x8
130x10

great workout. The gym was crazy packed and I had to wait so long between exercises...I'm never doing chest on Monday again. I guess I had forgot what it was like lol. Didnt do bis after my chest workout today and i think that gave me more peace of mind to give it all I had every set. great workout. PRs rock esp for that ego on flat bench :)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i might have to try that fasted cardio on off days. I am always nervous about cardio because I consider myself somewhat of an ectomorph...probably an overeating ectomorph who is skinny fat lol. But I'd love to burn fat without hindering muscle gain
I don't know if it's technically considered fasted, but I do drink about 12-15 grams of BCAAs before/during/after my cardio workout.

BKx90

Awards
I don't know if it's technically considered fasted, but I do drink about 12-15 grams of BCAAs before/during/after my cardio workout.
for sure! I would be too afraid doing any type of cardio without BCAAs during lmao

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I made the mistake of trying to do legs first thing in the AM a few weeks back. All I had in my system was RecoverPRO and Maniac. I went hypoglycemic after about 30-40 minutes. I thought I was going to pass out in my truck. Fortunately, I keep powdered Gatorade in my lunch pack for such the occasion. It was enough to get to me work where I had a shake and some oatmeal. I will never do that again, lol.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I made the mistake of trying to do legs first thing in the AM a few weeks back. All I had in my system was RecoverPRO and Maniac. I went hypoglycemic after about 30-40 minutes. I thought I was going to pass out in my truck. Fortunately, I keep powdered Gatorade in my lunch pack for such the occasion. It was enough to get to me work where I had a shake and some oatmeal. I will never do that again, lol.
I notice a huge difference when I use Body Mortar (BCAA/carb blend) vs BCAA drinks, I definitely feel light-headed if I am doing something big like DLs or squats.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really need to have at least two or three meals in me before I do something taxing like deads or squats, ideally on every workout I prefer 2-3 meals before, sometimes time is an issue though

as for cardio I always take about 10 bcaa's before fasted cardio.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I really need to have at least two or three meals in me before I do something taxing like deads or squats, ideally on every workout I prefer 2-3 meals before, sometimes time is an issue though

as for cardio I always take about 10 bcaa's before fasted cardio.

I completely agree. After just breakfast when I have to workout due to time constraints I feel so weak and out of it. But after about 3 meals my workouts are always great.

Bulkypinoy61

Bulkypinoy61

Awards
  • Established
I completely agree. After just breakfast when I have to workout due to time constraints I feel so weak and out of it. But after about 3 meals my workouts are always great.
same here as well. its always cardio, meal 1, do homework and cook food, meal 2 then straight to the gym at 4 in the morning lol

BKx90

Awards
Leg Day

Squats
245x10
275x8
275x5

WOOHOO great lifts for me and nice and deep

leg press (I'm not going to use a full ROM knees to chest anymore...i'm just gonna make this a full quad exercise)
360x10
450x10
540x10

hamstring curls one legs
50x10
75x8
75x8

seated calves
3 plates x10 for 3 sets

180x10 for 3 sets standing

By the time I got to calves i was so gassed i was sweating like a pig dripping all over my schools gym. I was holding in puke after the squats and for the rest of my workout, but I survived. Jeez PRs on leg day don't come easy :D

BKx90

Awards
btw I have started tracking my calories on myfitnesspal.com . I have never known how much I am eating until now...I expect to see great gains from this and I am noticing my muscles are already more full. I have hit 3500-3700 the past 3 days on a rough 45/30/25 c/p/f ratio. I wish I could have more protein in there but 260grams a day doesnt come so easy :X

BKx90

Awards
Here are some updates. No upper body pump. Lemme know if anyone can see some change, because my weight is almost unchanged still

testopro1.jpg
testopro2.jpg

BKx90

Awards
Shoulders and tris

Switched it up a bit and hit PRs on a lot of exercises :D

Hammer strength shoulder press
90x10
115x6
100x8

seemed like the limiting factor was my left shoulder...i never noticed that as much on free weight exercises. Still all PRs from last time I did that movement

side cable raises
10kgx12
15kgx10, 8

rear delt cables
10kgx10,
15kgx8,7

tricep pushdowns flared out
95kgx10
95kg+5x10
95kg+10x10

Tricep pushdown hammer strength
180x12
270x10
270x8

close grip bench
3 sets of 135 x 10,8, 5

BKx90

Awards
I got a body fat test today before I worked out. 11.6% woo! that was less than I expected. Last body fat test I got was in November and I was 15.5%! That was good reinforcement and I think Testopro def had some effect in that :)

Back Day

Barbell Rows
135x10
205x8
205x6
185x8

lat pulldowns
175x10
187x8
175x8

t bar rows
115x10
115x10
125x9

close grip pulldowns
125x12
150x8
125x12

shrugs dumbells
100sx10
100sx8

barbell shrugs
135x15
135x15

good workout! The body fat test really put me in the zone ;)

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Awesome job man!

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great job!!!! 4% BF drop is phenomenal. How much wt have you dropped? It would be awesome if you dropped little wt while dropping BF . . . . ReComp!!

BKx90

Awards
Great job!!!! 4% BF drop is phenomenal. How much wt have you dropped? It would be awesome if you dropped little wt while dropping BF . . . . ReComp!!
that was about 202 15.5% early november to 194 this morning at 11.6%. So 3 months actually, roughly 8 pounds lost in total and 4% body fat loss which is roughly 8 pounds of fat. Plus getting stronger and I have definitely gained some muscle. So there was a significant recomp effect for sure.

BKx90

Awards
quick biceps/ab day

barbell curls
90x8
90x8
90x8

hammer curls
45x10
45x10

single dumbell preacher curls
30x8
20x12

2 sets planks for 1 minute
2 sets inclin situps with 25 for 15
2 sets captains chair for 15

nice little accessory workout. I find the only thing that breaks my hangovers these days is hittin the gym :D

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Was at vitamin shoppe see AI Testopro there & the label looked a bit smoother....

BKx90

Awards
great workout today. Really felt in the zone and pumped up. I hit a new PR on flat bench!!

bench press
225x8
245x5 (with a little help on last rep) PR!
195x9

incline bumbell
65x10
65x9
65x7

decline hammer strength
270x10
270x9
230x12

cable cross overs
6 sets
2 middle
2 high
2 low
for 10 reps at light weight very strict form

felt a pump in my chest so hard after this workout! Very encouragin ;)

BKx90

Awards
leg day! GREAT WOROUT. Hitting PRs on the first big lift of the day is all I can ask for!

squats
275x10 PR!
275x6
225x9
225x6

fk yea!

leg press sitting upright
300x10,8,6

hamstring stiff legged deads
135x10
185x8
205x5

leg press calf raises
300x15
400x15
500x12, 10, 8

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats on the PR! Keep them coming.

I'm curious about the label comment, too. :thinking:

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work, get those legs big! Good growth also comes from hi-rep on squats, we're talking 20 rep sets!!! I do it intermittently, I need to hit those up soon.

BKx90

Awards
hey guys, just an update from me. i had what i think was food poisoning a couple days ago. I threw up quite a few times and am still gettin my strength and hydration back from it. I should be hittin the weights again shortly after I feel more recovered.