STUDHORSE Natty Diesel Stack Run

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Update: 6th HST workout in the books. Workout went smooth, Note was on 150mg of DMAA! Saturday morning. Usually workout at night and can’t use it. Damn I love this stuff.
Energy level was High; Gym wasn’t busy which is always nice.
Cardio: Stair climbers. Maybe 10 min. (I hate cardio)
Weight 198.1 weight up 2lbs. might have been what I had for lunch Friday. 1500cals! 2ea. ½ lb hamburger patties, Pile of homemade fries with jalapenos and onions all smothered in cream gravy!
Cals 3214g
Carbs 115g
Fat 109g
Protein 229g
thorsdad31 Noodz as promised.
View attachment 151675
View attachment 151676
View attachment 151677
150mg fcck. I'd have a heart attack. But your looking good brother!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
150mg fcck. I'd have a heart attack. But your looking good brother!
My bad. I ment 40mg. yah I would be dead! I will edit that. don't know how 40 types into 150. its early for me!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just noticed the flag in the background! MERICA!!!!
7-22-17.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Seeing some abs there!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good, so what are your end goals, are you looking to lean up around 185, and then push for some size or do you plan to take the longer way and try to recomp? Nothing wrong with either method, just curious. You are at a point both are viable options depending on how well you know your body.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking good, so what are your end goals, are you looking to lean up around 185, and then push for some size or do you plan to take the longer way and try to recomp? Nothing wrong with either method, just curious. You are at a point both are viable options depending on how well you know your body.
Right now I'm just cruising! Work and daughters softball is taking a lot of my time. my workouts are when ever I can hit the gym. trying to hit my cals at about 2-400 under maintenance and keep my protein at 200- 225g so I don't get too fat and lose too much muscle. When Mid October hits I can get into a consistent gym schedule. at that point I will probably hit a recomp. don't like to cut in the winter, plus too many holiday goodies usually laying around.
At this stage of my life I like to live a bit, but I also realize I'm addicted to the gym. (working out is my only real hobby)
Plus I don't want to get too thin or to heavy, Don't want to purchase new clothes. lol
Being natty my weight will fluctuate between 190 and 210 at the most, also I don't have to worry about too much loss or gains as long as God willing I can stay healthy.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Right now I'm just cruising! Work and daughters softball is taking a lot of my time. my workouts are when ever I can hit the gym. trying to hit my cals at about 2-400 under maintenance and keep my protein at 200- 225g so I don't get too fat and lose too much muscle. When Mid October hits I can get into a consistent gym schedule. at that point I will probably hit a recomp. don't like to cut in the winter, plus too many holiday goodies usually laying around.
At this stage of my life I like to live a bit, but I also realize I'm addicted to the gym. (working out is my only real hobby)
Plus I don't want to get too thin or to heavy, Don't want to purchase new clothes. lol
Being natty my weight will fluctuate between 190 and 210 at the most, also I don't have to worry about too much loss or gains as long as God willing I can stay healthy.
Makes sense to me!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the kind words! If you look real hard through all the fat you can see them.
I am used to that, it's the only way I can see mine!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Dang! I was hoping you could bestow some of your wisdom on us.
as long as she continues to enjoy being 'caught', I will continue to enjoy the chasing.....

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
as long as she continues to enjoy being 'caught', I will continue to enjoy the chasing.....
Ya but it's also fun to be handled a bit to. I'll Chase and Chase and do the work 98% of the time. But the other 2% is fun

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ya but it's also fun to be handled a bit to. I'll Chase and Chase and do the work 98% of the time. But the other 2% is fun

lol...as long as you are gittin some what does it matter-right?

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update: Nothing except the labido is NICE!
Haven't been to the gym for 4 days. Family & work stuff! sometimes it happens this time of year.
I'm much better at dealing with this than I use to be.
I can however see how guys on cycle or PCT would be pissed to miss this much time.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update: Nothing except the labido is NICE!
Haven't been to the gym for 4 days. Family & work stuff! sometimes it happens this time of year.
I'm much better at dealing with this than I use to be.
I can however see how guys on cycle or PCT would be pissed to miss this much time.
Planning on hitting my HST 3 days in a row! Thur. Fri. & Sat. this should be fun!
Next week is booked up with more Family stuff as well.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Planning on hitting my HST 3 days in a row! Thur. Fri. & Sat. this should be fun!
Next week is booked up with more Family stuff as well.
Simple get up earlier and sleep less!!!!
:poke: :poke: :hitwithrock:
:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:
:redeemerwhore:

I have been trying to do that simple thing now for the last year... Still haven't managed to get started again. LOL I almost never missed a workout when I was lifting at 4:30 AM... It is just SO DAMN HARD TO GET STARTED!!!!!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Simple get up earlier and sleep less!!!!
:poke: :poke: :hitwithrock:
:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:
:redeemerwhore:

I have been trying to do that simple thing now for the last year... Still haven't managed to get started again. LOL I almost never missed a workout when I was lifting at 4:30 AM... It is just SO DAMN HARD TO GET STARTED!!!!!
I just can't do the morning thing, I peter out after about 45 min. I can do the midnight thing I'm just not worth a crap at work. Too Old i guess.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just can't do the morning thing, I peter out after about 45 min. I can do the midnight thing I'm just not worth a crap at work. Too Old i guess.
Yeah when I first started lifting in the AM my workouts sucked it took a good month for me to adjust to it and like it better. Now I just can't manage to make myself get up. I will for a day or two then make an excuse to sleep in.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah when I first started lifting in the AM my workouts sucked it took a good month for me to adjust to it and like it better. Now I just can't manage to make myself get up. I will for a day or two then make an excuse to sleep in.
Plus there is no way I can get the wife out of bed early! she would be pissed if I started going to the gym without her.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Studhorse What dose your Trap routine look like, I am jealous of those mountains of yours ?

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Studhorse What dose your Trap routine look like, I am jealous of those mountains of yours ?
Wish I could help brother.
Honestly this is one of the body parts that grow really easy for me. Should have seen them back in my powerlifting days.
I'm currently only hitting traps every other workout.
Mainly just shrugs. hit them with different hand angles.

The technique I always use is. I squeeze at the top for 2 sec. and go slow 2-3 sec on the way down and get a good stretch.(6-10 reps) I do this with dumbbells and a Hammer strength shrug machine. (I always use straps) actually got some cobra grips about 6 months ago and love them.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Honestly this is one of the body parts that grow really easy for me. Should have seen them back in my powerlifting days.

The technique I always use is. I squeeze at the top for 2 sec. and go slow 2-3 sec on the way down and get a good stretch.(6-10 reps) I do this with dumbbells and a Hammer strength shrug machine. (I always use straps) actually got some cobra grips about 6 months ago and love them.
Thank You!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Plus there is no way I can get the wife out of bed early! she would be pissed if I started going to the gym without her.
Always a catch 22. I had that same situation for a while and kept catering to the wife until it became obvious I was spinning my wheels and not making progress from life getting in the way. I am the kind of person when I can't make progress doing the work seems like a waste of time so I did it for me. She was annoyed at first but I kept telling her it was what was best for me and she was invited to make the change with me. That if she didn't want to go in the morning with me she should not be upset with me for her not being willing to get up with me to go. After a month of her missing workouts in the evening she got up with me, and we did that for about 5 years until she got sick.

I think you did help brother! Too many people focus solely on moving the weight with trap work... Quality of contraction is huge when really trying to grow a muscle. Plus the traps are dual purpose, they are both good at being explosive in the pushing movements and very good at stabilizing or holding weight. So to get both factors do the squeeze at the top but also do some overhead shrugging explosively. Think the first 4 inches of a shoulder or push press, the movement is initiated by the traps exploding upward raising the shoulder girdle. You can use some nice weight on those as well.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Always a catch 22. I had that same situation for a while and kept catering to the wife until it became obvious I was spinning my wheels and not making progress from life getting in the way. I am the kind of person when I can't make progress doing the work seems like a waste of time so I did it for me. She was annoyed at first but I kept telling her it was what was best for me and she was invited to make the change with me. That if she didn't want to go in the morning with me she should not be upset with me for her not being willing to get up with me to go. After a month of her missing workouts in the evening she got up with me, and we did that for about 5 years until she got sick.
I think you did help brother! Too many people focus solely on moving the weight with trap work... Quality of contraction is huge when really trying to grow a muscle. Plus the traps are dual purpose, they are both good at being explosive in the pushing movements and very good at stabilizing or holding weight. So to get both factors do the squeeze at the top but also do some overhead shrugging explosively. Think the first 4 inches of a shoulder or push press, the movement is initiated by the traps exploding upward raising the shoulder girdle. You can use some nice weight on those as well.
how is your wife doing now?

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Ever heard of the Hise shrug? Load a bar up heavy in a squat rack, get under it while still racked, and shrug it up. That's how they helped build huge traps back when the only supps were steak n eggs......

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
how is your wife doing now?
Her health took a hit when we took her mother's care on. She has lost another 20lbs again and can't really hold much of anything down, or in now. Her IBS is just ridiculous right now with all of the stress. She had been doing a bit better which is how she got back up to about 120-125, but she is down to 100-105 again. It has been a constant uphill battle to gain weight and keep it on now for the past 2-3 years now. Sad when you consider how much she loved lifting with me and was strong as hell for her size.
Ever heard of the Hise shrug? Load a bar up heavy in a squat rack, get under it while still racked, and shrug it up. That's how they helped build huge traps back when the only supps were steak n eggs......
No but it sounds a lot like how I do mine. I take them off the J Hooks and do them right there and set them back down.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
sorry to hear your wife still isn't doing well...I bet stress plays hell with IBS!!!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update: 7th HST 2 x’s , After taking 5 days off endurance was down and strength down a little, Gym was kind of crowded but didn’t affect my routine
Energy level was pretty good, was ready to get back at it!
Weight 198.0 weight stayed the same taking 5 days off (WIN).
Cals 2514g
Carbs 72g
Fat 70g
Protein 207g

I will catch up on my workouts this weekend! Cardio will be yard work in 98deg. heat ya!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Update: 7th HST 2 x’s , After taking 5 days off endurance was down and strength down a little, Gym was kind of crowded but didn’t affect my routine
Cals 2514g
Carbs 72g
Fat 70g
Protein 207g

I will catch up on my workouts this weekend! Cardio will be yard work in 98deg. heat ya!
Now that's my kind of Cardio !!

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Cals 2514g
Carbs 72g
Fat 70g
Protein 207g

Dunno....sounds like hot yoga......

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cals 2514g
Carbs 72g
Fat 70g
Protein 207g

Good deal, oh by the way, you are WAY off on your caloric intake for this day. You only had 1764 cals if those macros are correct. I looked at it and thought wait.... my protein and carbs were very close to this and I was at 2500 and my fats were a lot higher so I had to double check my math.

So now you can have an extra beer or something this weekend. ;)

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update: 8th HST 2 x’s . Gym was almost empty Sunday afternoon. Had a great workout. Strength still climbing. Finish in 1hr. 45min.
Energy level was Great (2 scoops of off the chain)
Cardio: Stair climbers. 12 min. (I hate cardio)

Weight 196.0 *weight down 2lb.

Cals 2183g
Carbs 92g
Fat 110g
Protein 186g kind of low even though I had a 1lb KC strip for dinner!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Update: 8th HST 2 x’s . Gym was almost empty Sunday afternoon. Had a great workout. Strength still climbing. Finish in 1hr. 45min.
Energy level was Great (2 scoops of off the chain)
Cardio: Stair climbers. 12 min. (I hate cardio)

Weight 196.0 *weight down 2lb.

Cals 2183g
Carbs 92g
Fat 110g
Protein 186g kind of low even though I had a 1lb KC strip for dinner!
It's funny we say pretty low on protein but the reality is that for an athlete we only need .8g per lb of Lean Body Mass, so I am sure you got that more than covered. Looking good and dinner sounded excellent!!!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's funny we say pretty low on protein but the reality is that for an athlete we only need .8g per lb of Lean Body Mass, so I am sure you got that more than covered. Looking good and dinner sounded excellent!!!
You are right on the protein. I have always been a min. lb or lb on the protein guy. I have to put my self down to keep me going and not get content kind of guy as well. (It doesn't always work)! LOL.

Don't eat good steak often (Too pricey) I really enjoy it though.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You are right on the protein. I have always been a min. lb or lb on the protein guy. I have to put my self down to keep me going and not get content kind of guy as well. (It doesn't always work)! LOL.

Don't eat good steak often (Too pricey) I really enjoy it though.
You know it is odd, but for me a well cooked Sirloin is heaven. I love the flavor, and consistency. It just rocks. I would put Strip as my next favorite, then probably Filet. I do love ribeye, but not a fan of the gristle and fat strings that run through it. Plus if I am gonna eat a big steak I want a lot more protein than fats.

In general just to keep thing easy I am normally in the 1-1.25g x lb of BW. typically somewhere between 200-250grams a day and normally closer to 225. I try not to go much over 250, I don't really see a need. Honestly unless running gear hitting the 1.25 is often more than you need and protein is an expensive macro to keep high levels of. However a lot of us have become a bit afraid of carbs so we inflate protein needs, and take in less carbs & fats.

Oh man I am all about the being blunt & real with myself regarding my physique. However, let's be honest, unfortunately the truth about my physique is not always enough to motivate me to do what I need to improve it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You know it is odd, but for me a well cooked Sirloin is heaven. I love the flavor, and consistency. It just rocks. I would put Strip as my next favorite, then probably Filet. I do love ribeye, but not a fan of the gristle and fat strings that run through it. Plus if I am gonna eat a big steak I want a lot more protein than fats.

In general just to keep thing easy I am normally in the 1-1.25g x lb of BW. typically somewhere between 200-250grams a day and normally closer to 225. I try not to go much over 250, I don't really see a need. Honestly unless running gear hitting the 1.25 is often more than you need and protein is an expensive macro to keep high levels of. However a lot of us have become a bit afraid of carbs so we inflate protein needs, and take in less carbs & fats.

Oh man I am all about the being blunt & real with myself regarding my physique. However, let's be honest, unfortunately the truth about my physique is not always enough to motivate me to do what I need to improve it.
I read a biography by my favorite porn star-Christy canyon...she said the secret to losing weight for her was to eat naked in front of a mirror.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I read a biography by my favorite porn star-Christy canyon...she said the secret to losing weight for her was to eat naked in front of a mirror.
Did you ask here out to dinner ?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Did you ask here out to dinner ?
lol...the closest I've come to her is dreaming or fantasizing, of which I've done plenty of both.....

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update: 9th HST 2 x’s . Gym was crowded Tue. Afternoon.
Had an awesome workout. Strength is still climbing. Finish in 2.25hrs..

Energy level was good. (Pre was 2 scoops of Radiate w/ Stryker BCAA’s and 1 scoop of PEAK O2)

Cardio: Wife cardio (This dam Radiate makes we last like a porn star)

Weight 196.7
Cals 1621 This doesn’t happen very often. Just wasn’t that hungry yesterday so I ride it when it happens.
Carbs 101g
Fat 49g
Protein 175g lower than I prefer.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Update: 9th HST 2 x’s . Gym was crowded Tue. Afternoon.
Had an awesome workout. Strength is still climbing. Finish in 2.25hrs..

Energy level was good. (Pre was 2 scoops of Radiate w/ Stryker BCAA’s and 1 scoop of PEAK O2)

Cardio: Wife cardio (This dam Radiate makes we last like a porn star)

Weight 196.7
Cals 1621 This doesn’t happen very often. Just wasn’t that hungry yesterday so I ride it when it happens.
Carbs 101g
Fat 49g
Protein 175g lower than I prefer.
PETER STUDHORSE XXX

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys!
That is my 2 weakest parts. I have been hitting them hard for a bout 3 years.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well would you look at you!! Congratulations on figuring out how to Photoshop! Way to prove that old adage about not being able to teach old dogs new tricks wrong!
LMAO! Wish I know how to Photoshop! I would do a lot better than that!
Hell it took me like 6 months to learn how to post a pic.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Lookin tight and fierce!