strength gains

madebayo

Awards
Does anybody have any advice on increasing my bench press.... I stuck at 275 and I am trying everything but nothing is really helping.

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
Well what is your workout routine? If you workout in a gym do you only use BB? I see a lot of people in the gym doing the same thing day after day. Your muscle need to be tricked, shocked. Use everything 1 chest day use BB, next use DB's, next use machines, yes I said the machines lol they build little muscle that BB can't, making you stronger.

Maybe switch to the TUT program for a few months. I did that and my strength ended up going up big time. I don't care about strength anymore but it did go up.

Theres many many other ways but the first thing off the top of my head. If you are doing all these things just scream and well figure something else out.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Do what pit said, change it up. Also try doing your flat bench at the end of your workout, when your tired. This will cause your muscles to work even harder as they are much more tired than what they normally are if you do it at the beginning of your routine.

Also, if your not implementing dips into your routine, you should. Post your routine and we can go from there.

BigJ81

Awards
Try switching to DB's for a while, or do like incline one week, flat the next, incline, etc...also I would recommend the following rep schemes for strength:

5x5---KING
4x6-Solid for both strength and mass
8x3
6x4
10x1
8x1
3x3

***Note, the closer you get to heavy singles, the more you want your CNS to be in shape, so don't go from 3x8 to 10x1 all of a sudden, go to 4x6-5x5-3x3-10x1...this way your CNS will be able to handle the heavier loads...

Petey P

madebayo

Awards
Try switching to DB's for a while, or do like incline one week, flat the next, incline, etc...also I would recommend the following rep schemes for strength:

5x5---KING
4x6-Solid for both strength and mass
8x3
6x4
10x1
8x1
3x3

***Note, the closer you get to heavy singles, the more you want your CNS to be in shape, so don't go from 3x8 to 10x1 all of a sudden, go to 4x6-5x5-3x3-10x1...this way your CNS will be able to handle the heavier loads...

Petey P

This I will try....

jbono731

jbono731

Awards
  • Established
Pit said it pretty good. The only thing that I can think of that I didn't see was rythm pressing. On the way down count to 2, and press it up with a three count. Then next rep go down with a 4 count and up with a 2, etc. Change the seconds up every rep, but no higher than 5 seconds either up or down. This will keep constent tension on the muscle and get different twitchy fibers always contracting. This should help you break your plateau.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The quickest way to strengthen your bench would be to strengthen the weak link. Do you get stuck at the top, middle, or bottom?

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
you ever work your rotator cuff, this helped me with bench.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Does anybody have any advice on increasing my bench press.... I stuck at 275 and I am trying everything but nothing is really helping.
Do you have access to chains or bands??

Implementing these could do a world for your bench. :D

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Do you have access to chains or bands??

Implementing these could do a world for your bench. :D
Dood... I said that... like two hours ago.. come on now! :rasp:

:goodpost:

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Dood... I said that... like two hours ago.. come on now! :rasp:

:goodpost:

My bad.........lol

I didnt read the whole thread, for some reason I just thought of it. Its ok, im a tard, I have an execuse. :D