Best peds to keep strength gains?

DonkeyStrong

Awards
I heard you can keep most of your strength gains on tbol compared to something like dbol. Are there any other peds that allow you to keep your strength after pct? I don't really care about the muscle mass. I just wanna get stronger.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maybe Im misunderstanding, but it sounds like you want to take PEDs after PCT...is that right? Youve run a cycle, run PCT, now want to take PEDs to help keep strength after PCT is done? As in, immediately after PCT? Not 4 months later?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Maybe Im misunderstanding, but it sounds like you want to take PEDs after PCT...is that right? Youve run a cycle, run PCT, now want to take PEDs to help keep strength after PCT is done? As in, immediately after PCT? Not 4 months later?
That's what I initially thought.
.... But I think (hope) that he means which steroid(s) are best at letting you keep your new strength After the cycle and PCT is done (without adding more AAS).

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think he is saying that Tbol gains are more permanent than Dbol, with Dbol mostly being water and you lose a lot of that size when coming off. So he wants a compound that has better strength retention once stopping it?

I’m not really sure if this translates to strength the same it does size, but I’d say generally the longer you run a cycle the better and more solidified the gains will be, size or strength.
You could use something natural during and after PCT like X Gels to help keep the strength.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I will say my strength sky rocketed with Tbol, but I got massive back pumps that no amount of cycle support or taurine could fix.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think he is saying that Tbol gains are more permanent than Dbol, with Dbol mostly being water and you lose a lot of that size when coming off. So he wants a compound that has better strength retention once stopping it?

I’m not really sure if this translates to strength the same it does size, but I’d say generally the longer you run a cycle the better and more solidified the gains will be, size or strength.
You could use something natural during and after PCT like X Gels to help keep the strength.
^^^ Yep.

There are more (and better) non-hormonal options available now, that you can take between cycles to improve, and maintain our bodies.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's what I initially thought.
.... But I think (hope) that he means which steroid(s) are best at letting you keep your new strength After the cycle and PCT is done (without adding more AAS).

Ah, yes that makes much better sense.

DonkeyStrong

Awards
To clarify, yes I am looking for what let's me keep strength gains even after my pct is done. Otherwise I would run dbol. since it's cheap but a lot of people report losing strength after stopping their cycle. Even with pct.

DonkeyStrong

Awards
I will say my strength sky rocketed with Tbol, but I got massive back pumps that no amount of cycle support or taurine could fix.
How much did it increase? When I first took Ostarine All my lifts went up between 20 to 50 lbs. Is it comparable to that?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How much did it increase? When I first took Ostarine All my lifts went up between 20 to 50 lbs. Is it comparable to that?
Id have to go back and check my log, so it’d take a long time to find actual numbers. It was similar or slightly more with the 3 main lifts, but I was also on my 3rd cycle and running test at I think 500mg. My bench 1 rep max hit 325lbs at 220lb body weight, and I have never been exceptionally strong or trained for strength.

I added tren to the mix at the end of that cycle and nearly went insane, so had to drop all steroids and fell out of training.. followed that by a shoulder surgery and I went a few years with very little to no gym. I still have barely touched a free weight since my surgery a few years ago, hoping to get back into them but with moving around for work I can’t stay consistent at a gym other than good old planet fitness, and they don’t have free weights lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The best steroids for keepable gains will be the mildest compounds or ones that increase strength via lean tissue accrual and not temporary leverage increases or neurological supercharging. All steroids generally drive lean tissue, increase water retention, and upregulate nervous system output, but they tend to do so to different degrees.

Tbol and Dbol are very similar in lean mass gains for example, but Dbol puts on a lot of bloat that adds extra bodyweight (which increases intertia) and extra leverage (thicker bodyparts mean tissue binds up around joints sooner & stores more kinetic energy).

Halotestin adds virtually no lean mass but causes a massive temporary surge in neurology. You take it & immediately get stronger, you stop and it’s all gone.

Deca isn’t thought of as a strength drug much, but if you hold 10lbs of water on it that leverage will be gone post cycle.

I would look at modest doses of Var, Masteron, Primo, Eq and a low dose of testosterone with any of them. The more you take, the more you should expect to lose post cycle, so think fairly low dose.

I haven’t seen enough return with SARMs to really recommend them for strength, BUT if you saw those kind of results with Ostarine then considering a run of LGD does make sense to me. Rad140 is a great SARM for strength, so don’t use that if you want lasting gains. LGD is better for muscle growth with a decent side effect profile.

TLDR: You basically need to grow new muscle tissue, without a bunch of water weight during the training cycle that will temporarily drive strength even higher but be gone post cycle. I know you don’t care about size, but that’s the only adaptation from steroids that can remain in their absence.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I heard you can keep most of your strength gains on tbol compared to something like dbol. Are there any other peds that allow you to keep your strength after pct? I don't really care about the muscle mass. I just wanna get stronger.
Strength gains made on any steroid will eventually dissapear after steroids are no longer in your system. The easiest gains to keep are the smallest gains because that's what's closest to your abilities off steroids.

No gains in size or strength from gear are maintainable off gear after a certain amount of time

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Strength gains made on any steroid will eventually dissapear after steroids are no longer in your system. The easiest gains to keep are the smallest gains because that's what's closest to your abilities off steroids.

No gains in size or strength from gear are maintainable off gear after a certain amount of time
You don't think you can keep most of your size gains as long as you keep up the calories to maintain the new size. You're obviously going to drop water but I've usually been able to keep most unless I completely go off the rails

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You don't think you can keep most of your size gains as long as you keep up the calories to maintain the new size. You're obviously going to drop water but I've usually been able to keep most unless I completely go off the rails
Temporarily you can, but no muscle built on steroids past the genetic limit of what's attainable natural can be maintained without steroids. You can maintain a higher body weight but it's not going to be muscle. Now this doesn't happen right away I was on and off gear from age 25 to 29 and it took about two and a half years from age 30 to 32 almost 33 before I had lost everything. But no1 on the planet is maintaining a beyond natural amount of muscle with natural hormone levels long term.

Strength my stay slightly elevated because of your cns.

Your body can only "naturally" maintain naturally achievable amounts of muscle.

Lots of ppl like to argue this but guess what. No1 can show a ounce of real life proof. It's always "I know a guy" or "this study says" and so on.

The gains slowly dissapear over a extended period of time with perfect nutrition and training, and if you slack off on your nutrition and training they'll disappear ten times faster.

There's a big difference between maintaining body weight and maintaining muscle mass, now if you could lift x amount of pounds at 200 lb body weight, then you ran a steroid cycle and got up to 240 lb, and after you came off cycle you continued to eat to maintain 240 lb of body weight then yes you're going to be stronger because you're 40 lb heavier. But that has nothing to do with the gear if you take a natural person and he eats himself 40 lb heavier while training he's going to get stronger

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Temporarily you can, but no muscle built on steroids past the genetic limit of what's attainable natural can be maintained without steroids. You can maintain a higher body weight but it's not going to be muscle. Now this doesn't happen right away I was on and off gear from age 25 to 29 and it took about two and a half years from age 30 to 32 almost 33 before I had lost everything. But no1 on the planet is maintaining a beyond natural amount of muscle with natural hormone levels long term.

Lots of ppl like to argue this but guess what. No1 can show a ounce of real life proof. It's always "I know a guy" or "this study says" and so on.

The gains slowly dissapear over a extended period of time with perfect nutrition and training, and if you slack off on your nutrition and training they'll disappear ten times faster.

There's a big difference between maintaining body weight and maintaining muscle mass, now if you could lift x amount of pounds at 200 lb body weight, then you ran a steroid cycle and got up to 240 lb, and after you came off cycle you continued to eat to maintain 240 lb of body weight then yes you're going to be stronger because you're 40 lb heavier. But that has nothing to do with the gear if you take a natural person and he eats himself 40 lb heavier while training he's going to get stronger
And to add to this, any body scan will verify that composition will NOT be the same in the off-time as the on-cycle 240lbs was. They can maintain that bodyweight via caloric intake but composition will definitely get fatter/less muscular over time.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Strength that comes from steroid cycles allow the body and mind to achieve new limits. All this benefit does not simply leave when the cycle ends. I am a 54 year powerlifter on a 100mg TRT only and would no way be anywhere near as strong as I am now without long gone in history steroid cycles.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Great point as usual..no Olympia competitor looks like that permanently if they're not running competition cycles forever and even if they did they would be dead before the age of 35

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Strength that comes from steroid cycles allow the body and mind to achieve new limits. All this benefit does not simply leave when the cycle ends. I am a 54 year powerlifter on a 100mg TRT only and would no way be anywhere near as strong as I am now without long gone in history steroid cycles.
Your not off hormones, your on trt. At 54 years old your maintaining a much higher then average testosterone level then a typical 54 year old and your hormones are stable. A natural your age would have lower test and there levels would go up and down constantly.
You also are also guessing where you would be because you don't know we're your strength would be at. There are far too many variables to say anything is for certain

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think everyone who trains for strength understands this: 2 steps forward, 1 back. I agree 100% and would testify to the same experience. BUT, there is definitely a 1 step back component. I believe that is what the OP is trying to minimize.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Your not off hormones, your on trt. At 54 years old your maintaining a much higher then average testosterone level then a typical 54 year old and your hormones are stable. A natural your age would have lower test and there levels would go up and down constantly.
You also are also guessing where you would be because you don't know we're your strength would be at. There are far too many variables to say anything is for certain
A couple months off my TRT dose (ran at 100mg for at least six months) and I notice zero change in strength. The only time I notice any strength change is at 200mg and it’s a mild increase. I was actually stronger before TRT using Vector, folidrone and BMP for literally three plus years straight - funny enough. I seem to get more strength from 50-100mg of topical dhea per day than I do the TRT dose.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
A couple months off my TRT dose and I notice zero change in strength. The only time I notice any strength change is at 200mg and it’s a mild increase. Not guessing at all about the effect of my TRT dose. Have had lots of years to play with it.
Your completely missing my point.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
A couple months off my TRT dose and I notice zero change in strength. The only time I notice any strength change is at 200mg and it’s a mild increase. Not guessing at all about the effect of my TRT dose. Have had lots of years to play with it.
Your talking about strength you have accumulated over years and years of lifting

This thread is about someone using a oral steroid for a couple weeks and wanting to keep the strength gains.

Your scenario is not even remotely comparable to what this thread is about.

I can come off everything and keep the majority of my strength for a given period of time as long as I maintain my bodyweight. Might be 6 months, might be a year, who knows.

But someone running dbol for 4 weeks or whatever oral and puts 20-30lbs on there lifts In That time is not keeping those strength gains. The mass the put on is mostly water, the strength increases are a direct byproduct of the gear. There gonna come off, water and glycogen retention dissapears, and strength gains taper off very quickly

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
A healthy diet, creatine, lots of sleep and doing strength training workouts instead of bodybuilding workouts (focusing on strength with low reps after warm up vs. trying to get a pump and fatigue your muscles to failure).