Red Sox 2009

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its funny last year sox fans said it was all rotation, the yankees addressed that, now its bullpen? Gotta love Sox fans :rofl:
Adam - Your bullpen was pretty damn aweful last year as well. Especially in the first 3 months of the season. In all honesty, it still sucks. :18:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im not a sox fan. Im just spitting the truth. You cant sit there and tell me you were syked when the yanks signed A.J.-Ive been on the DL 10 times in my career-Burnett.

180 mil for a 1b who has had 1 postseason under his belt? Yanks built there dominant teams from the farm. Until the learn, theyll keep losing. Look at the Rays.
I agree - it all stems from the farm system. You have to hand it to the rays, they've produced some amazing young talent. The sox have quite a rich one at this point themselves. Theo Epstein really made strides to ensure that it was a high priority within the organization when he took over. Look at where it's got them this decade alone. :D

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
pedroia hit a nice dinger, right to me :D..well kinda haha

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
look at their team now, a good portion is homegrown. 3 out of 5 in the rotation is home grown. CF, SS, C, 2B, Cl all homegrown. So is a good portion of the bullpen. What else you got? :)
Instead of wasting all that money, leave the team from the farm to do it. Yanks could have easily made it past this and next to rid themselves of those ugly contracts and put them in a better postition to be good if not dominant.

They could easily dip below 160-180 mil payroll, but steinbrenner is too stupid to realize that. They trade for people and give up before they even get comfortable. You know how many fans the Yanks have lost over the years? not because of winning, because of loyalty.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How many fans they lost? Too funny. Let's see, considering they sell the most clothing, etc. I don't see many whi left.

Who have they givenup? Soriano? Javy vazquez? Please enlighten me

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
I love the fact that CC didnt have Baseball on his mind when he was pitching, I think he was thinking about eating loads of cheese-burgers after the game. I also love the fact that Teixeira wen 0-5. I cant wait to what frame of mind AJ is in after him signing his big contract. Im betting he'll suck. Spending all that money on 3 players won buy them another WS. What happened when the yankees used to bring up their players (jeter, posada, rivera) and they won WS....Hey dont the Red Sox Do that now?:laugh:

I know im going to hear the famous "26 rings" BS. Its the fact that over the years the red sox were always trying to catch the yankees.. Now its the other way. The red sox have a good farm system, and the yankees gave away most of theirs (or they just arent as good).

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
About those 26 rings...

All I have to say is stop living in the past.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
How many fans they lost? Too funny. Let's see, considering they sell the most clothing, etc. I don't see many whi left.

Who have they givenup? Soriano? Javy vazquez? Please enlighten me

Ehh, when you manage to travel around to as many stadiums that i have been to, you see how many fans the Yanks truly have. IM not fighting you, its all about the money. Thats the way it is. Shame.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ehh, when you manage to travel around to as many stadiums that i have been to, you see how many fans the Yanks truly have. IM not fighting you, its all about the money. Thats the way it is. Shame.
too funny. Most small market teams sell out yankees games, why? Oh thats right, they lost their fans, I forgot

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
I travel to Red Sox games, its easier to get tickets that way. Plus you can plan a vacation around it.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
True fans, lots of people pay just to go see a game.

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
Red sox are losing, but to see the yankees getting spanked by the O's makes it hurt less:laugh:

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
I travel to Red Sox games, its easier to get tickets that way. Plus you can plan a vacation around it.
i try to make sure I travel at least to 3-4 games a season if the money situation is aiiiigt it makes the games alot more fun

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Did the sowex lose to the rays at home last night?

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
Yes the sox lost to the rays last night. The rays are a better team than everyone thinks they are. They won the AL east last year!!!! What have the O's done in the last few years, besides keep the basement warm. The yankees spend all that money on high priced players but cant seem to figure it out, that you cant win with a bunch of free agents.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Yes the sox lost to the rays last night. The rays are a better team than everyone thinks they are. They won the AL east last year!!!! What have the O's done in the last few years, besides keep the basement warm. The yankees spend all that money on high priced players but cant seem to figure it out, that you cant win with a bunch of free agents.

Typical sox fan. Can't take a comment about a sox loss without a yankee comment to follow.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gotta agree rugger. Too funny

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
Typical sox fan. Can't take a comment about a sox loss without a yankee comment to follow.
Its usually commented because of a yankee fan making a comment about the sox!!!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so after 3 games the yanks and sox have identical records? Wow, all that talk so early guys, seems like you might have spit the bit

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
Nah, their is never enough yankee hating. Its a 365 day thing

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sadly I respect that. I feel the same way with the sox. Its funny as a kid the sox were not good, so I never thought about it, but I do admit to their success over the last few years, and am hoping that the ALCS is these 2, just for the drama

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
At least we can agree on something and have fun doing it :swordfight:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good couple of days for the yanks, and I also guess the Orioles/Rays series shows the O's are halfway decent. Man, was CC an ace last night? :)

wbted23

wbted23

Awards
hell yea, glad to see this post...go sox! Grew up in the boston area so iv loved em my whole life...

btw, the amount of money the yankees have put into their lineup this year sickens me...and teh details on CC's deal...wtf?

just dont get it..

but yea, sox will dominate this year....**** the yankees!

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
Man, was CC an ace last night!!!!

Yeah against the royals!!!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hell yea, glad to see this post...go sox! Grew up in the boston area so iv loved em my whole life...

btw, the amount of money the yankees have put into their lineup this year sickens me...and teh details on CC's deal...wtf?

just dont get it..

but yea, sox will dominate this year....**** the yankees!
their salaries are down from last year :) just as an fyi

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
The royals can make any pitching staff look good besides wang

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Any AMers who are yankee or sox fans going to any of the games at the new stadium this year? I got tickets to the first series and wanted to see if there was anyone who wanted to grab a beer while history was made (and by history I mean when the Yankees sweep the Sox in the new park for the first time :D)

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Any AMers who are yankee or sox fans going to any of the games at the new stadium this year? I got tickets to the first series and wanted to see if there was anyone who wanted to grab a beer while history was made (and by history I mean when the Yankees sweep the Sox in the new park for the first time :D)
whens the first series?

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Dang, wish i could go. I wont be in town though.

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
The yankees wont be sweeping the red sox, especially if chin ming wang is pitching with his 35 ERA:nervous:

getbigbyjune

getbigbyjune

Awards
hahahahaahhahahaha omg omg omg omg omg rofl rofl rofl that guy that said wang cc and somebody else would beat lester lol omg omg omg rofl rofl rofl WHEN YOU LOSE 22-4 AT HOME WHEN YOU JUST SPENT 135 MILLION DOLLARS ON PLAYERS TO THE ****ING INDIANS YOU CAN'T TALK **** AT ALL! HAHAHAAHAHA WANGS ERA HAHAHAHAH 35 HAHAHAHAAHHA GO HOME YOU WON'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO WINNING THIS YEAR. yah and the tide is changing *******. lol keep paying for those big names. CC GETS LIT UP AGAINST WHO? OH THATS RIGHT........THE DAMN O'S HAHAHAHAHA and texieras average=206 ahahahahahha. lol hold on one sec, all of yankees pitching averaged together =6.84 and that includes closers. bostons overall era=5.11 and you know what the funniest **** is, when cc era=3.57 is higher than tim wakefields 3.00 hahahah you know your team sucks ahaahahahaahahha oh and did i mention you lost 22-4............TO THE TRIBE! AHAHA AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
The yankees wont be sweeping the red sox, especially if chin ming wang is pitching with his 35 ERA:nervous:
The only thing that worries me about Wang is his potential to mentally not be able to overcome this with his emotional past. He'll be back to form within a month and he deals with his foot.

hahahahaahhahahaha omg omg omg omg omg rofl rofl rofl that guy that said wang cc and somebody else would beat lester lol omg omg omg rofl rofl rofl WHEN YOU LOSE 22-4 AT HOME WHEN YOU JUST SPENT 135 MILLION DOLLARS ON PLAYERS TO THE ****ING INDIANS YOU CAN'T TALK **** AT ALL! HAHAHAAHAHA WANGS ERA HAHAHAHAH 35 HAHAHAHAAHHA GO HOME YOU WON'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO WINNING THIS YEAR. yah and the tide is changing *******. lol keep paying for those big names. CC GETS LIT UP AGAINST WHO? OH THATS RIGHT........THE DAMN O'S HAHAHAHAHA and texieras average=206 ahahahahahha. lol hold on one sec, all of yankees pitching averaged together =6.84 and that includes closers. bostons overall era=5.11 and you know what the funniest **** is, when cc era=3.57 is higher than tim wakefields 3.00 hahahah you know your team sucks ahaahahahaahahha oh and did i mention you lost 22-4............TO THE TRIBE! AHAHA AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
1) Look by Bryan Bruney's recent discussion on Wang's troubles. You don't win 19 games 3 years in a row and not know how to deal with rocky waters.

2) The Indians are projected to win the AL Central and we still took the series (despite the slow start from Wang)

3) Teixeira's career April Average is .259 average. Hes notorious for starting slow and being huge in the later months. I guess you can gauge one of the leagues best though this quickly.

4) CC's season opener was rough, and then he came back and pitched lights out and then put us in a position to win in a hyped up stadium opener. Have fun facing him..

5) If your for real on the ERA statistic, you have no concept of baseball.

6) I think you have caps on.

**Preemp: I know this is Sox thread so I'm not posting anymore in here because I don't want to hijack it. I'll make a new thread (like our gold ole' Yanks Soxs threads) because I can feel your response already.

getbigbyjune

getbigbyjune

Awards
lol so i guess espn has no concept of baseball because they were the ones that posted the info. lol and you are high if you think they are going to win the central. THEY are at the bottom. with 4 wins 9 losses and no where NEAR 1st in the central. The team from the place the call the MISTAKE ON THE LAKE will never win the central. and i can't wait to see how wangs rocky waters really get when he pitches against a team whos not dead last in the central. your retarded. go look it up because YOU have no concept of baseball.

getbigbyjune

getbigbyjune

Awards
lol and did anyone notice that FLORIDA is 11-1 lol wtf? hahaha

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
lol so i guess espn has no concept of baseball because they were the ones that posted the info. lol and you are high if you think they are going to win the central. THEY are at the bottom. with 4 wins 9 losses and no where NEAR 1st in the central. The team from the place the call the MISTAKE ON THE LAKE will never win the central. and i can't wait to see how wangs rocky waters really get when he pitches against a team whos not dead last in the central. your retarded. go look it up because YOU have no concept of baseball.
:wavey:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wait for it........

SWEEP!!!!

Does it get any better at this point? It was a fantastic series; as it always is every year. The yankees glaring weakness in their middle relief couldn't have been more evinced. Have you guys seen some of their ERA's? LOL! The sox took advantage, and swept the skirts in style.

Not to mention making it even more special in it being the sox 10th win in a row. Look at it this way NY - at least you got it handed to you by the hottest team in baseball.....THE BOSTON RED SOX!! :usa1: :wave2:

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Damn, you beat me to it. Oh what the hell...SWEEP!

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
I'm not big on baseball, but happened to catch one of the games over the weekend. It was very entertaining to be honest. Went all the way up to the last inning. I might become a believer in baseball if most games are like this. I heard my gf say someone stole home base in yesterdays game??? lol, wtf?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not big on baseball, but happened to catch one of the games over the weekend. It was very entertaining to be honest. Went all the way up to the last inning. I might become a believer in baseball if most games are like this. I heard my gf say someone stole home base in yesterdays game??? lol, wtf?
Yup - Jacoby Ellsbury stole home. It's definitely a rarity in baseball, but truly awesome to see it. The yankees looked shell-shocked after it happened, lol!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
as a man and yankee fan I will show up and take the early abuse. I will say this: please put joba in the pen Girardi

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
I'm surprised there's not more Yankee whining and crying going on here, but I suppose I wouldn't rear my ugly head either in the face of the aftermath.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Although my team lost, this series made me fall in love with baseball, again. Don't worry Yankee fans, there's still a whole season left. Let the fans of the Red Sacks gloat now.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm surprised there's not more Yankee whining and crying going on here, but I suppose I wouldn't rear my ugly head either in the face of the aftermath.
I guess you didnt see my post was right above yours