Rampage vs Jardine?

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
By chuckish I mean it seemed he was stalking Jardine the whole time. Also, looked like he was looking to counter all the time and only throw big blows. That's what I meant. However, I did enjoy the two kicks he threw and the take downs. We need a slam or two next fight.
id love to see rampage power slam rashad. hed be dead. lol

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
By chuckish I mean it seemed he was stalking Jardine the whole time. Also, looked like he was looking to counter all the time and only throw big blows. That's what I meant. However, I did enjoy the two kicks he threw and the take downs. We need a slam or two next fight.
He was looking for a counter left hook or a right straight the entire fight.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I think Page had a great stategy. He had alot more footwork spinging back avoiding some leg kick set ups & avoiding Jardines unorthodox strikes as compared to the Forrest fight where he was alot more stationary.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
He was looking for a counter left hook or a right straight the entire fight.
Right, and for some reason that kind of turned me off. It just wasn't the type of dynamic performance that I'd want to see.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Right, and for some reason that kind of turned me off. It just wasn't the type of dynamic performance that I'd want to see.
He isn't the same fighter that made him so exciting in Pride. He is more of a technician, but he has lost that unpredictable quality to him and is relying on solely his punches instead of his takedowns, GnP, etc.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Well, I hope he regain what he lost. Perhaps his camp can help him in that. Else, he'll end up like the rest of the one dimensional fighters that used to be great.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I hope he regain what he lost. Perhaps his camp can help him in that. Else, he'll end up like the rest of the one dimensional fighters that used to be great.
His camp is so-so, IMO. I think he would be better off with ATT, AKA, or XC. There is some logistical issues with them, but a move would be in the best interest of his career.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I agree, but then again... can you really see him with ATT? Xtreme Couture seems to be more up his alley, but doesn't Wanderlei & Forrest train there? AKA seems to be the most logical option for him, but he is so stubborn once he chooses a team/trainers.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree, but then again... can you really see him with ATT? Xtreme Couture seems to be more up his alley, but doesn't Wanderlei & Forrest train there? AKA seems to be the most logical option for him, but he is so stubborn once he chooses a team/trainers.
ATT is so diverse and has great MT and BJJ, which he could really use to expand his game right now. There aren't any rivals/contenders at ATT at 205, so he would avoid the stickiness of training with potential challengers.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I just read Bobby Lashley is at ATT. Wowsers, that'd be a hell of a wrestling sparring partner.

How big is ATT anyway?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just read Bobby Lashley is at ATT. Wowsers, that'd be a hell of a wrestling sparring partner.

How big is ATT anyway?
HUGE.

Off the top of my head the following train there:
Thiago Alves
Thiago Silva
Lashley
Din Thomas
Jorge Masvidal
Jorge Santaigo
Denis Kang
Antonio Silva
Luigi Fiorivanti
Marcus Aurelio
Gleison Tibua
Thiago Tavares

And I'm sure there are at least 30 people I've forgotten.