Rampage vs Jardine?

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i like forrest a lot but he just didnt seem like a champion to me. no way you can call who will win a page vs sugar.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I was amped when Rashad beat Forrest, but not so much because I liked Evans so much or disliked Forrest so much. It was a satisfying revenge for Rampage (in my own head).
Much like when Matt Houghes loved serra KOing GSP?

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
haha that was funny. poor hughes so dominate now struggling. i hope he beats serra tho damn just for the sake of old people. shoni carter hahaha

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
As much as I love rampage I hate to disagree with you guys. I think Rampage is in for a hell of a fight with Evans.
I totally agree. I think Evans is going to be defending his belt for quite a while before he gets beat.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i agree he has build a pretty solid game. anyone can get caught tho he could win his next 7 fights or even lose 2 or 3 of them its MMA but i do think a PAGE evans fight is up in the air you can call that u can just guess. i am so excited for all these big fights damn!

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
i mean rashad has some good boxing and ****. i just think rampages boxing is better. his strikes are clean. not saying evans isnt. its def going to be a bad ass slugging match. i think they will feel each other out for a round or so. then start dropping bombs. that is if rampage gets past jardine. lol what am i saying of course he will :p

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i mean rashad has some good boxing and ****. i just think rampages boxing is better. his strikes are clean. not saying evans isnt. its def going to be a bad ass slugging match. i think they will feel each other out for a round or so. then start dropping bombs. that is if rampage gets past jardine. lol what am i saying of course he will :p
Hahaa, of course he will man! What a fight Sugar V Rampage would be....oh man. Gotta give Sugar the edge with speed though. DAMN, for his body type he has SUPER fast hands man.
GO PAGE GO!!!!!!! :D

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
Hahaa, of course he will man! What a fight Sugar V Rampage would be....oh man. Gotta give Sugar the edge with speed though. DAMN, for his body type he has SUPER fast hands man.
GO PAGE GO!!!!!!! :D
i dunno if you guys ever seen that sports science on rampage. hes the hardest hitting person in mma. they say his right hand is the - to having a baby hippo sit on your head. so we def will see my friend. id hate to get hit by that man!:squintfinger:

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i dunno if you guys ever seen that sports science on rampage. hes the hardest hitting person in mma. they say his right hand is the - to having a baby hippo sit on your head. so we def will see my friend. id hate to get hit by that man!:squintfinger:

Lol! a baby hippo. F**K that!:shock:

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
seriously if jardine wins by a legit way i am going to be impressed. id say page 65% win chance rashad 35% what if rashads tricky smart champ find a good weakness like they do with everyone? they really find good game plans

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't doubt the whole baby hippo thing, but unless every MMA'ist has taken that same test, I wouldn't go as far as calling Rampage the hardest hitting person in MMA. If I had to choose a right hand from Brock Lesnar or Rampage, though both would suck balls, I'd pick Rampage to take that swing rather then Brock.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
lesner had a sweet opening punch on heath hearing. he had great posture speed power and shot towards but it wasnt a hard right haha

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
you guys should check out the vid on youtube. search sport science rampage. hes hilarious in it. dude. when he powerbombs someone. equivalent to a car going 60 miles an hour into a brick wall. thats all im sayin.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely! Sugar is good but also cooky and unlikable. I thought that of Page before he put in some good fighting time and him being on the Spike NUF show helped too. He's a real guy. A true fighter. Fool can't play basketball but can knock out W Silva with one punch. When he's got his shi* together he's a bad MF. When he's fat, he loses to people like Forrest. (side note if Forrest took some Muy Thai classes from scratch, cut out the crap food and maybe get a different training camp he'd be the fighter we'd hope he'd be)
But if Page keeps his work ethic and shows up to R. Evans in the shape he was in with Chuck and W. Silva he'll get that belt back.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
sometimes when forrest punches i am like uhh what is that? he kinda hits like a girl sometimes or just jabs all his powershots look so funny

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
He'd be great at 185. He's only a inch taller than anderson silva.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Forrest walks around at around 230. His frame is much, much larger than Andy's.
Ok your right....

I just went back and watched the Forrest/Evans fight and its obvious he'd never make that weight. He's slim at 205. Evans on the other hand being shorter and very bulky could possibly (slight slight possibly) shave off 20lb. His punching power and speed versus A. Silva's mastery. Little to no chance I know...
Side note: going back and watching that fight, Forrest was winning until he got sloppy with his kicks. If he was as careful as Anderson is in a fight he could possibly have caught Evans with something. I'm once again a Forrest fan.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
hes a cool guy. i wish i could see a little bit more power in his technical punches

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
im not a forest fan. imo he didnt do nearly enough to rampage to take that title.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah that was stupid. i dont like a guy who cant finish fights. if its their strat and they win good for them but come on everyone loves a stoppage crazy sub or k.o. it works well for forrest so props to him but yeah rampage wow. all out wars that end in decision are cool somee of the time dont get me wrong.

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
man. rampage was landing bombs and forest had leg kicks? i just didnt understand the scoring behind it and i dont think rampage did either.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
That was Rampage's own fault for showing up fat and out of shape. Is Forrest a guy who could beat Chuck or W Silva? No. But he came ready with a game plan. Rampage just came fat. Best part about it is that Ramp won't be slacking anymore.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was Rampage's own fault for showing up fat and out of shape. Is Forrest a guy who could beat Chuck or W Silva? No. But he came ready with a game plan. Rampage just came fat. Best part about it is that Ramp won't be slacking anymore.
I don't know how much Rampage's conditioning was a negating factor as Rampage being mentally flustered. He looked like he didn't what to do more then looking gassed. Plus, fat or not, when Forrest crippled his leg, his agility went way downhill. True Rampage could have been leaner, but I don't think his conditioning cost him the fight at all. Forrest got in his head and Rampage had nothing against Forrest's game plan that night. THAT SAID, I don't think Forrest did enough to beat the Champ. I thought it was sheisty and it pissed me off. It looked like a draw when it was all said and done, and draws normally go to the standing Champ, so that was a real WTF moment for me as well.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man. rampage was landing bombs and forest had leg kicks? i just didnt understand the scoring behind it and i dont think rampage did either.
Through leg kicks, he dictated much of the pace of the fight. They are not the flashiest strike, but they are easily the most under-utilized strike in MMA. I don't think he won the fight, but I can see the rationale for some of the scoring. The 2nd round, IMO, was easily a 10-8 round, but the judges that scored the 1st round for Forrest need to be reprimanded.

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
I don't know how much Rampage's conditioning was a negating factor as Rampage being mentally flustered. He looked like he didn't what to do more then looking gassed. Plus, fat or not, when Forrest crippled his leg, his agility went way downhill. True Rampage could have been leaner, but I don't think his conditioning cost him the fight at all. Forrest got in his head and Rampage had nothing against Forrest's game plan that night. THAT SAID, I don't think Forrest did enough to beat the Champ. I thought it was sheisty and it pissed me off. It looked like a draw when it was all said and done, and draws normally go to the standing Champ, so that was a real WTF moment for me as well.
imho i think rampage lost the fight due to not knocking out forest. he was landing bombs but couldnt quite finish. i think the refs were looking for that as a fight finisher and when he didnt deliver they gave the rounds to forest. thats just me. like i said. forest did not do enough to win that belt. plain and simple

lucky1p

lucky1p

Awards
jardine will do what girffin did to rampage but he might actually KO rampage, its jardines fight hands down

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
imho i think rampage lost the fight due to not knocking out forest. he was landing bombs but couldnt quite finish. i think the refs were looking for that as a fight finisher and when he didnt deliver they gave the rounds to forest. thats just me. like i said. forest did not do enough to win that belt. plain and simple
That's ludicrous reasoning. He lost because he was tentative and lost his burst after Forrest landed those 2 monster leg kicks in the 2nd round. Instead of going forward and dictating the action, he was sitting back and waiting to land a huge counter-punch, but it never materialized for him.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah not a fight for the fans but well played by forrest. remember forrest crying in trhe ring hahahahaha

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
:footinmouth:
jardine will do what girffin did to rampage but he might actually KO rampage, its jardines fight hands down
we all know jardine has a glass jaw. its not jardines fight hands down. rampage is a better striker and a better wrestler. im sure rampage is well away of the leg tactic by now and will make sure that doesnt happen.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
hows jardines clintch? doesnt pages suck or did he fix it. all i gotta say is houstin alexander hahhaahhahaaahahah that fight sticks out in my top 10

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Jardines fight hands down??? Ummmm, drugs are bad for you:bandit:

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Couldn't have said it better myself.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
72% of me thinks this is rampages fight.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rampage has been KO'd only 2x, once by Wand via knees and once by Shogun via soccer kicks. I highly, hgihly doubt that Jardine has the power to KO Rampage.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hands down? No fight is hands down unless the word Fedor is in the sentence, but Jardine hands down over Rampage? and by KO? Don't get me wrong, I'm not counting Jardine out, but "IF" Jardine has a chance anywhere, it's going to be via keeping Rampage out with a mix of kicks and a series of in's & outs, keeping Rampage out of knuckle to head contact range. One fowl swoop and it's lights out for Jardine. Jardine will need to land a Mirco kick to KO Rampage, but even then, Jardine's isn't known for his Mirco'ness. I was the first to predict a potential Rampage/Forrest II situation with the Page/Jardine fight, but I never even considered Jardine being able to KO Rampage.

It's your opinion so I'm not attacking your opinion, we've all got opinions. I'm just saying, Jardine KO'ing Rampage is out there, in my opinion.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
what does a soccer kick look like(not joking) is that an illegal kick in UFC like one you could do in pride? or is it just kicking away at a downed guy? by the way i really hate shogun.............

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what does a soccer kick look like(not joking) is that an illegal kick in UFC like one you could do in pride? or is it just kicking away at a downed guy? by the way i really hate shogun.............
It was in Pride. It's exactly how it sounds except replace the ball with a head.

Shogun has all the potential to regain his '05 form, but I am really starting to doubt that he will.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Anyone read how Jardine is telling Dana that he won't fight Sugar because they are bros? On the UFC website Dana says if Ramp wins he fights Sugar, and if Keith wins Lyoto Machida fights Sugar.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone read how Jardine is telling Dana that he won't fight Sugar because they are bros? On the UFC website Dana says if Ramp wins he fights Sugar, and if Keith wins Lyoto Machida fights Sugar.
whaaaaat? Traditionally, it's the Brazilians and the Japanese that exhibit that level of loyalty for each other. Crazy.

joshhh

joshhh

Awards
Jardine always does well when he is a big dog (e.g. Chuck and Forrest) and he is working with arguably the best camp in MMA. Rampage has great technical boxing, which leaves his lead leg open to leg kicks (his front leg is at a slight angle facing his right). All he has to do is follow Forrest's gameplan of keeping the distance, explode in, and explode out.
I dont think Rampage would let the Forrest gameplan fly, it screwed with that fight and Im pretty sure he wont put up with constant leg kicks again

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont think Rampage would let the Forrest gameplan fly, it screwed with that fight and Im pretty sure he wont put up with constant leg kicks again
He didn't check a single leg-kick that Wandy threw and Jardine is not a close quarters brawler like Wandy.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
whaaaaat? Traditionally, it's the Brazilians and the Japanese that exhibit that level of loyalty for each other. Crazy.
Totally. Dana sounded a little irritated about it too. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls him aside later and says, "Look you crazy cracker you wanna go fight people in eliteXC?"

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Totally. Dana sounded a little irritated about it too. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls him aside later and says, "Look you crazy cracker you wanna go fight people in eliteXC?"
"Nobody says no to Tha Dana of White. Yo soy, ¡Dana Del Blanco!"

joshhh

joshhh

Awards
He didn't check a single leg-kick that Wandy threw and Jardine is not a close quarters brawler like Wandy.
True. Well hopefully he'll fix his game plan up and start actually checking the leg kicks.

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
www.sherdog.com jackson jardines trainer weighs in on rampage. saying he wont let the kicks fly. people get better every time they fight. hes saying the kicks wont even play a role in jardines arsenal. go check it out.

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
ya jardine says he wont fight rashad. weird. cause rashad would WHIP THAT ASS JUST LIKE RAMPAGE BOITCH. and i think jardine needs to co,e out to techno viking music intro!

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
i dont think rampage was too worried about wandys leg kicks. he just wanted to get in there and throw with him. :18:

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Jardines "I wont fight sugar" crap is irrelevant. caus we all know our man Rampage is gonna Smash the absolute bee jessers out of him :D