Rampage vs Jardine?

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Jardines "I wont fight sugar" crap is irrelevant. caus we all know our man Rampage is gonna Smash the absolute bee jessers out of him :D
Rampage is going to throttle jardine. its gonna be a wrap, and quickly. Fast work.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
rampage is just so freakin scary man. i was shocked by the forrest fight. after he ran through marvin eastman i think and chuck i was expecting more out of him againsts forrest and dan hendo but now after wandy i think he will be strong. jardine is one of those guys who is top ten but prolly never top 5

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
rampage is just so freakin scary man. i was shocked by the forrest fight. after he ran through marvin eastman i think and chuck i was expecting more out of him againsts forrest and dan hendo but now after wandy i think he will be strong. jardine is one of those guys who is top ten but prolly never top 5
Hell yeah he is. He is like anyone that is at top of their game a while, they sometimes need a loss to remind them how much it means to be on top. he is looking super focused. he doesnt muck around as much on the latest interviews, Less face pulls etc. Still personality, but he just seems way more focused and serious. If i was jardine I'd be waking up in a cold sweat at night!
Sugar V Rampage prospect is mouth watering stuff (no homo)
Side note: saw on UFC.com this morning Serra V Hughes! Finally! i cant stand hughes (massive respect for his abilities) but he's a tosser. Hope Serra smashes him.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Wonder if Jackson's camp is gonna make a big difference for Jardine?????????

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
as far as training wise goes yes for jardine itll make him a better fighter. but for this fight negative. jacksons camp cant stop the inevitable. and thats rampages jackhammers he calls hands.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
as far as training wise goes yes for jardine itll make him a better fighter. but for this fight negative. jacksons camp cant stop the inevitable. and thats rampages jackhammers he calls hands.
And the block of steel re enforced cemenet he calls a chin:D

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
on the night of that fight, its going to sound like someone is murdering a puppy in that ring. fare thee well jardine.....

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
so here it is guys. the fight night. throw in your name of who you think will win. rampage ko late in first round.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
middle of second k.o. jardine goes out on stretcher

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
middle of second k.o. jardine goes out on stretcher
My money is truely on Rampage but I just can't believe Jardine is gonna be a pucning bag for Rampage. I hear he is a real smart fighter. Yes I know he's been knocked out twice. I just don't believe he is gonna be stupid & go toe to toe with Page. I see him taking it to the ground ala Hendo. Apparently Jardines ground game is better than his stand up. Hope I am wrong, but I think this will be the gameplan from Jackson camp.

Lucky

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I Page wins he gets the Title shot! If Jardine wins Evans gets Machida....Dana white!

Personally....I am excited for both possiblities. I would like to see Evans/Machida. I say Machida by Shotokan Reverse Punch.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I had to bet, I say Page via tko rd 2. However, this fight is perfect for an upset, just on styles alone. Would not be surprised to see a Jardine UD and Rampage limping out of the cage like crazy.

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
only time will tell. the leg kick scenario isnt going to fly. and im willing to bet that jardine will try to stand and exchange with rampage. hes a smart fighter but sometimes hes to smart. he thinks he can stand and exchange with someone like rampage. hes sadly mistaken.

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
My money is truely on Rampage but I just can't believe Jardine is gonna be a pucning bag for Rampage. I hear he is a real smart fighter. Yes I know he's been knocked out twice. I just don't believe he is gonna be stupid & go toe to toe with Page. I see him taking it to the ground ala Hendo. Apparently Jardines ground game is better than his stand up. Hope I am wrong, but I think this will be the gameplan from Jackson camp.

Lucky
jardine ground game will NOT be better than rampages i can assure you of that. rampage is way to strong and powerful for jardine to handle. but only time will tell.this is what jardines face will look like when he sees that massive right hand :eek:wned2:

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
Solid performance by Jardine, I'm impressed though Jackson of course won it totally deserved. It seems Jardine was heavily gassed out in round 3, his condition reminded me of "The potbellied one" liddell.

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
if you call a solid performance backing up everychance he had to avoid trading with rampage a good performance then i guess so.

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
if you call a solid performance backing up everychance he had to avoid trading with rampage a good performance then i guess so.
If you prefer, I call it "smart" because he knows that he's not on one level with Rampage.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I gotta say, I dont think Rampage is going to beat Rashad in 2 months. That will be his 3rd fight in 3 months, and Rashad is much better than Jardine. I am expecting Rashad v. Machida in August

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
Rashad vs Machida = Ultimate dreamfight. These two are so talented, it's downright scary.

Anyone still believe Chucky will ever wear the belt again?

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Great fight. Page is complaining to Dana bout his chin and overtraining. Dana is saying the title shot is going to Machida if Page does not take it.

I am not crazy about Evans as champ. I could be wrong but I feel he is lucky to be champ right now. I hope Page or Machida finishes him.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I personally would prefer to see Machida, but I think Page will take it fast if Dana is going to offer it to Lyoto

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
he already has a fight in 2 months? wtf that is too fast. also that was some good fights. shane carwin landed that quick shot without putting much power to k.o. gabe and how about matt brown and matt hamill? they had some great performances i love those TUF guys and oh yeah kendal grove. I thought it was a great card i was happy.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
he already has a fight in 2 months? wtf that is too fast. also that was some good fights. shane carwin landed that quick shot without putting much power to k.o. gabe and how about matt brown and matt hamill? they had some great performances i love those TUF guys and oh yeah kendal grove. I thought it was a great card i was happy.
Dude seriously. 2 months?? and if rampage loses everyone's gonna say he should of had more time to recover. Poor planning by Dana. Should have switched it with Wandy and Franklin.

Hamill's kick was fu**ing SWEET

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
i think page should play it smart. let himself rest and fight machida. train hard and see whats up.

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
www.bloodyelbow.com check out rampage talking mad smack to rashad post fight. ahhahaha that bitch has got it comin! im going to knock you clean out.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I got every fight right on the card except Madigan/McCrory and Rampage/Jardine. I'm so upset Ryan never got a chance to strike. Should have used that heel hook to get up...

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
you called Rampage/Jardine.? trying to be different or what?

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I picked Jardine over Rampage. I'm not really sold on either of them but I picked Jardine just for the upset. Doesn't matter anyways, Rashad would destroy either of them. I dunno about Lyoto though.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Dude lyoto should have already fought for the belt. politics standed in the way of that tho. He has owned everyone he steps in the ring with. i respect rashad, but i gotta believe lyoto would tool on him.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Truth be told, I haven't seen a lot of Lyoto to state an informed opinion. My friends love the guy, though.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
i been watchin both of them, lyoto is just such an unorthodox fighter, but not unorthodox like jardine, alot more effective.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Truth be told, I haven't seen a lot of Lyoto to state an informed opinion. My friends love the guy, though.
If you are able, check out Lyoto vs Ortiz fight. Just picture Evans as Ortiz.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Rashad is a much more dynamic striker than Tito. They're not comparable stylistically.
definately. i think he just meant that is how the fight is going to end, in lyoto's favor. rashad is heads and tails over tito tho.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
hahaha wheat its rashad vs page rashad vs lyoto, lyoto vs page i cant freakin wait!!!! page needs a 4 months off tho damnnnn

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
What I find impressive is the kind of guys Lyoto has beaten - Thiago Silva and, though not in UFC, Michael McDonald, who's a beast (certainly stronger than Machida).

He has a combination of elusiveness and quickness that is so effective.

I strongly hope he will get a title shot this year, I imagine though it's difficult to market fighters who struggle to even speak the language named "english".

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What I find impressive is the kind of guys Lyoto has beaten - Thiago Silva and, though not in UFC, Michael McDonald, who's a beast (certainly stronger than Machida).

He has a combination of elusiveness and quickness that is so effective.

I strongly hope he will get a title shot this year, I imagine though it's difficult to market fighters who struggle to even speak the language named "english".
I don't think it's the language barrier that's been derailing his right to a title shot. He has a reputation among viewers as being less then entertaining. Historically, the general masses were not excited to see how many times a fighter can sprint around the octagon, ducking & dodging his opponent, with an unsatisfactory amount of offensive manuevering. He was TOO defensive and thus, lack luster. However, I think his reputation has grown into a better light these days.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it's the language barrier that's been derailing his right to a title shot. He has a reputation among viewers as being less then entertaining. Historically, the general masses were not excited to see how many times a fighter can sprint around the octagon, ducking & dodging his opponent, with an unsatisfactory amount of offensive manuevering. He was TOO defensive and thus, lack luster. However, I think his reputation has grown into a better light these days.
spot on. people used to feel the same way about the ground game. now look at the appreciation.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rashad and Lyoto have a very similar striking style. By that, I do not mean the art that they use as their primary striking technique, but more so along the lines that they both explode in and out of their strikes. I would give the speed/burst advantage to Rashad, who has certainly fought better competition to this point, but Lyoto is much more dynamic with his striking. I also give the KO ability to Rashad; although his punches are slightly more "loopy" than Lyoto, they resemble Fedor's style (yes, I just said that) than Chuck/Wand.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Did anyone think Rampage looked a little chuckish at times?

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
rampage chuckish? you mean jardine? how he was gasping for air and had to actually stand in the middle of the ring gasping for air. if you guys ever review this fight and actually think jardine was running rounds. turn the sound off and watch the fight. and youll really see who was winning the fight from the get go. rashad had no reason to commentate on his friends fight. he was VERY biased and influenced not only rogan but goldberg as well. watch rampages other fights. and watch the commenting on this fight. def isnt the same. because of rashad.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
By chuckish I mean it seemed he was stalking Jardine the whole time. Also, looked like he was looking to counter all the time and only throw big blows. That's what I meant. However, I did enjoy the two kicks he threw and the take downs. We need a slam or two next fight.