GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey everyone,
Does anyone know how quickly the effect of piperine on absorption works? Does it only work when taking something in a similar time frame, or does the enhanced absorption last for days or even longer? Thanks in advance!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey everyone,
Does anyone know how quickly the effect of piperine on absorption works? Does it only work when taking something in a similar time frame, or does the enhanced absorption last for days or even longer? Thanks in advance!
It will only aid in absorption of something that requires inhibited cyp3a4 liver enzyme. So when that enzyme is inhibited, something like tumeric extract would absorb a lot better. Not everything one could take would benefit from the inhibition of that liver enzyme.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I thought I heard 3-4 hours. The official manufacturers website says to dose it 3x a day if that’s what you need. I wouldn’t count on it lasting longer than a day for sure

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It will only aid in absorption of something that requires inhibited cyp3a4 liver enzyme. So when that enzyme is inhibited, something like tumeric extract would absorb a lot better. Not everything one could take would benefit from the inhibition of that liver enzyme.
Right, but how long is that enzyme inhibited? There's powerful drugs that are affected by that enzyme.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I believe (but am not certain) that piperine increases the absorption of certain PDE5 inhibitors. So does naringin.