Pinning delts

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been giving my glutes a break. Too much scar tissue. So, I been hitting my delts twice a week. Test/primo. Putting a little over 1cc in each shoulder. Any of you guys put more than a cc of oil in the delts? Or would that be too much.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's going to depend on the person. Like 20 years ago I tried Seo for a short time and put some pretty large injections in my biceps and triceps. So I'd imagine delts are capable of more then 1 ml depending on person and compound. If 1 feels fine try 1.5. I've always ran short eaters and even when I did run enenthate I still broke it up so besides the seo experiment I never really injected to many mls at a time. I can't remember exactly but I'm confident I put at least two ml in my felt at some point.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also stuipid auto correct plus mini iPhone. Lol. Spelling mistakes everytime.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I put 1ml max into delts and save the bulk for glutes. Will get back into pecs next cycle.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I done 3ml without any issues. Delts is my favorite pinning spot and they can take a lot more oil than ppl think.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I done 3ml without any issues. Delts is my favorite pinning spot and they can take a lot more oil than ppl think.
I did 1.5ml last night. No issue. I'm just going to hit my delts now from now on. Every three to four days I'm going to do 1 shot and rotate each shoulder.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ve heard of guys doing this, but I can personally only say I’ve done 1cc. Maybe 1.2-3 before, but as a rule I keep them little there.

I did 1.5ml last night. No issue. I'm just going to hit my delts now from now on. Every three to four days I'm going to do 1 shot and rotate each shoulder.
You need to explore more sites, longterm. Quads are not so scary like people try to lead you on, just stay towards the tops or outside, or some guys go low. There’s more nerves around the middle of the femur so I avoid that region.

Lats are great for 2-3cc shots, just don’t go as low as possible and you will be fine. Surprisingly smooth place, because they’re a big muscle, just need to use a mirror. But I do almost all my shots with a mirror anyway.

VG are my favorite place to pin because they’re so easy to access and can take whatever you throw at them. I was putting 2.5cc primo e in them weekly, rotating, last month, and now I’m putting my test suspension there twice a week. Like glutes, much less PIP there than elsewhere.

Triceps long head are good tough areas if you can get someone to do it for you, or I guess go from under the arm, but I don’t use them.

I don’t use triceps short head or biceps, but plenty of people do.

Pecs I will use as long as it’s several days away from a pressing day. It absolutely does make them tighter for an acute period, which I feel is bad for both maximum muscle recruitment and safety.

I’ve always heard calves, traps, and obliques/abs are asking for a lot of pain.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ve heard of guys doing this, but I can personally only say I’ve done 1cc. Maybe 1.2-3 before, but as a rule I keep them little there.
How come you keep the shots low volume in your delts? It’s easy and painless, plus you’re a decent sized guy so you should have plenty of meat in your shoulders.

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I often have the problem of gear leaking out of the injection site when I pin delts, doesn't seem to happen anywhere else

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How come you keep the shots low volume in your delts? It’s easy and painless, plus you’re a decent sized guy so you should have plenty of meat in your shoulders.
I believe the medical chart I saw once of recommended maximal depot volume didn’t recommend a whole lot for delts. Definitely not 3cc.

I have always had decent size delts, so there probably is enough real estate for more. I just don’t like putting 25g 1” in them generally, from a scar tissue perspective (I want to be using delts for decades lol) so normally I’m using 27g 1/2” slinpins, and I don’t want to put 2cc+ in shallow.

But if I did use a normal 1” I wouldn’t be opposed to trying 1.5-2cc.

bbsquatter

Awards
You need to explore more sites, longterm. Quads are not so scary like people try to lead you on, just stay towards the tops or outside, or some guys go low. There’s more nerves around the middle of the femur so I avoid that region.
I shoot in my quads. Plenty of muscle area, takes less than 30 secs to shoot, push and withdraw. Used to inject my glutes but found quads far easier. Too chicken to try calves. Delts are a no go for me. I use 1.5" and vary the depth to manage seepage, as someone mentioned - it happens

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I shoot in my quads. Plenty of muscle area, takes less than 30 secs to shoot, push and withdraw. Used to inject my glutes but found quads far easier. Too chicken to try calves. Delts are a no go for me. I use 1.5" and vary the depth to manage seepage, as someone mentioned - it happens
Oh man, I wouldn’t use 1.5” in my delts either! I am proud of my delts but they definitely aren’t THAT big

Did my right quad this morning as a matter of fact, 26g 5/8”.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oh man, I wouldn’t use 1.5” in my delts either! I am proud of my delts but they definitely aren’t THAT big

Did my right quad this morning as a matter of fact, 26g 5/8”.
It’s not my preferred length of a needle but 1.5” is not problem in the delts.

What’s wrong with you guys, why are you guys scared of a little needle all the sudden??? 😜

Brianmc83

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Haven't used delts yet but just ordered 28g 1/2 inch slin pins plan on trying it out this week.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s not my preferred length of a needle but 1.5” is not problem in the delts.

What’s wrong with you guys, why are you guys scared of a little needle all the sudden???
Only time I’ve used a 1.5 in my delts, I didn’t bury it - tried to keep about 1/2” out.

I think there’s simply no reason to get things super deep. Maybe if you want to put 5cc in one depot, but there’s no reason the needle I use for my glutes should be the same for my quads or vg. They don’t have the same amount of fat over them. And I just use 1” on my glutes anymore, even at my fattest, so I can just order 25g 1” and use them anywhere if I want to.

It’s pretty well accepted at this point that they use longer larger needles for IM in medical practice than is generally necessary. Things like convenience of application, consistency of delivery, lack of frequency are things that drive those suggestions. But for someone doing lots of injections all over…do what works best for you. And minimize scar tissue if you have a higher frequency schedule.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Only time I’ve used a 1.5 in my delts, I didn’t bury it - tried to keep about 1/2” out.

I think there’s simply no reason to get things super deep. Maybe if you want to put 5cc in one depot, but there’s no reason the needle I use for my glutes should be the same for my quads or vg. They don’t have the same amount of fat over them. And I just use 1” on my glutes anymore, even at my fattest, so I can just order 25g 1” and use them anywhere if I want to.

It’s pretty well accepted at this point that they use longer larger needles for IM in medical practice than is generally necessary. Things like convenience of application, consistency of delivery, lack of frequency are things that drive those suggestions. But for someone doing lots of injections all over…do what works best for you. And minimize scar tissue if you have a higher frequency schedule.
Haha, I was just messing around. I have used 1.5” in my delts but it was just because I didn’t have anything else, I usually use shorter needles in all places I inject, which is delts and glutes. It’s comes down to preference and what works the best for someone. I’m not sure I’m down with quads for an example.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha, I was just messing around. I have used 1.5” in my delts but it was just because I didn’t have anything else, I usually use shorter needles in all places I inject, which is delts and glutes. It’s comes down to preference and what works the best for someone. I’m not sure I’m down with quads for an example.
I have never done big shots there, just little ones like delts. 26g or smaller, 1cc or less. They say they’re good for as much as anywhere, but I haven’t bothered trying.

But I did try 2cc in my side delt the other week no issue.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have never done big shots there, just little ones like delts. 26g or smaller, 1cc or less. They say they’re good for as much as anywhere, but I haven’t bothered trying.

But I did try 2cc in my side delt the other week no issue.
I really don’t understand how you guys use anything over 25g, to me 25g is annoying enough 😬

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I really don’t understand how you guys use anything over 25g, to me 25g is annoying enough
Because 25g is the thickest gauge needle I’ve ever used on myself, so that seems pretty good by reference.

People who used to stick those 18g pre-filled syringes were nuts. I don’t even draw with 18g anymore BECAUSE THEY CORE HOLES IN THE TOPS OF THE VIAL. 22g now to draw.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Because 25g is the thickest gauge needle I’ve ever used on myself, so that seems pretty good by reference.

People who used to stick those 18g pre-filled syringes were nuts. I don’t even draw with 18g anymore BECAUSE THEY CORE HOLES IN THE TOPS OF THE VIAL. 22g now to draw.
Haha, drawing with a 22g is annoying to me as well 😂

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Lol, back in my no0b days used an 18g blunt nose to draw instead of bevel-ended, totally fuked the stopper

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol, back in my no0b days used an 18g blunt nose to draw instead of bevel-ended, totally fuked the stopper
lol yep just left wide open to the environment, probably with little pieces floating around, no less.

lanky

Awards
  • Established
i used to use 18 and 21g pins, was putting 1.25ml of trest in the delts years ago.....it gets old real fast

bbsquatter

Awards
i used to use 18 and 21g pins, was putting 1.25ml of trest in the delts years ago.....it gets old real fast
Not to be morbid but for those near death hospital patients who had terrible veins to draw blood, we would use 18G to draw from the jugular vein. If they did not flinch, we knew it was a bad sign. Otherwise using an 18G to draw blood or use as IM is cruel and unusual punishment.

People should use whatever works for them. OTOH, for those young men under age 50 who think they need Test, they do not realize injections are for life. Plus getting access to Test without an Rx is also a burden. it is later in life that they tell me that they resent having to keep buying online from dubious sources, injecting themselves regularly, and the cost therein. I
tell these young men at the gym all the time that tinkering with the hypothalamal-pituitary-gonadal axis in the slightest way, has consequences for life. Dont mess with it. Here is a decent review behind a paywall. Free link below

Corradi, Patricia Freitas, Renato B. Corradi, and Loren Wissner Greene. "Physiology of the hypothalamic pituitary gonadal axis in the male." Urologic Clinics 43.2 (2016): 151-162.

https://jeffreydachmd.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Physiology-of-hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal-axis-in-male-Corradi-Patricia-Urol-Clin-2016.pdf

Last edited: