Opinions on X-Factor

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No, it can be used for bulk or cut.
Many, myself included, lean out quite nicely on X-Factor/ArA. I've actually been surprised it never cut on more for cutting. In a calorie deficit I find it to shine more for recomp than any other supplement Ive used to date.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Many, myself included, lean out quite nicely on X-Factor/ArA. I've actually been surprised it never cut on more for cutting. In a calorie deficit I find it to shine more for recomp than any other supplement Ive used to date.
Wow! That's impressive. I am reading more and more about the positive benefits of ArA. Definitely going to run this in the very near future.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
I have 2 bottles in stash just waiting to be used in pct. 8 days and i'll see what all the fuss is about:)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm currently stocking up on xgels to make a run soon

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just spoke with NP, they were sorry X-Factor and X-Factor Advanced didnt end up making it into the Black Friday sale but assured me that both will absolutely be included in the New Years sale!

Shin

Shin

Awards
Just spoke with NP, they were sorry X-Factor and X-Factor Advanced didnt end up making it into the Black Friday sale but assured me that both will absolutely be included in the New Years sale!
Can't wait man :D.....

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
Going to give it one more try now that I'm bulking. I've ran it two times during cuts and didn't really havr any significant affects for me sadly

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Going to give it one more try now that I'm bulking. I've ran it two times during cuts and didn't really havr any significant affects for me sadly
Hmmm..that's interesting because I read that ArA is good even on a cut but I guess everyone responds differently.

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
That is unfortunate, several people report loosing body fat during a bulk even. I am surprised you didn't notice much. Hopefully your bulk will go better.

bechsgaard

bechsgaard

Banned
Awards
Wouldn't use it during a cut cause its pricey and the gains won't be as optimal nor the fat losses mind blowing.

It's definately the best non PH bulking supp out there though, you really need to run 4 a day for good effect though

Reactions: mw1
SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
x2, many prefer it during cuts to bulking even.

Everybody is different though, I look forward to hearing how you like it on a bulk Dr Seuss

Jakey

Awards
I used XFA and although I think it seemed to recomp me, didn't notice improvement in the gym unfortunately. Bit disappointing because I wanted to break through a strength plateau.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used XFA and although I think it seemed to recomp me, didn't notice improvement in the gym unfortunately. Bit disappointing because I wanted to break through a strength plateau.
Sorry to hear that man.

So far on my current run of XF, my DB flat bench went up 10 lbs, my db shoulder press just went up 5 lbs last week. I'm on my 3rd bottle, no idea how many weeks/days I've been using it. Dosing it 1.5 grams (6 caps) preworkout only. LCLT + GMS (ran out of GMS and currently using Hydrotrans, which I'm not sure if it's GMS or something else, but the stuff actually mixes and has the consistency of powdered agmatine).

My first run of XF a few months back, my decline BB bench went up 10 lbs and all my other major lifts also went up a good amount, I would say at a rate maybe close to 50% of what I was gaining prior to running ArA? So IMO, the stuff is effective.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would give X Factor (original)/X gels a go before you completely give up. Stacked with LCLT + GMS if you didn't do that either.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
How was diet and training throughout the duration of your ArA run?

Jakey

Awards
I would give X Factor (original)/X gels a go before you completely give up. Stacked with LCLT + GMS if you didn't do that either.
I got XFA because it was on offer. So next time I spot a XF deal I'll give it a go + LCLT and GMS. Cheers.
How was diet and training throughout the duration of your ArA run?
Standard really; high protein, high carbs, moderate fats. Very slight surplus (I gained a little weight - not much though). I did hear that you shouldn't use too much olive oil about halfway through the run and started using more butter instead, didn't notice anything though. Also, dropped my fish oils when taking it.

Training was 5/3/1.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
I am using X factor advanced right now. I like it.
I ve been usining it for 3 -3 1/2 weeks this fat and can tell a difference. Downfall is my joints are achy. I really feel it in my elbows.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got XFA because it was on offer. So next time I spot a XF deal I'll give it a go + LCLT and GMS. Cheers.

Standard really; high protein, high carbs, moderate fats. Very slight surplus (I gained a little weight - not much though). I did hear that you shouldn't use too much olive oil about halfway through the run and started using more butter instead, didn't notice anything though. Also, dropped my fish oils when taking it.

Training was 5/3/1.
It's possible that your diet is rich with ArA to begin with but if you're watching your fat intake, I don't see how this could be the case. Just for reference, egg yolks for example has a good amount of ArA in it. Fatty red meats as well.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It's possible that your diet is rich with ArA to begin with but if you're watching your fat intake, I don't see how this could be the case. Just for reference, egg yolks for example has a good amount of ArA in it. Fatty red meats as well.
What are some other choices for ArA-rich foods? I remember looking into this previously. I know eggs and red meat...

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
I am using X factor advanced right now. I like it.
I ve been usining it for 3 -3 1/2 weeks this fat and can tell a difference. Downfall is my joints are achy. I really feel it in my elbows.
What is your dosage? If the joint aches get worse you might want to taper down a bit and see if that helps.

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
What are some other choices for ArA-rich foods? I remember looking into this previously. I know eggs and red meat...
Fatty red meats and egg yolks have the highest levels I believe. It is also found in some fish like tilapia and mackerel. I believe it is also found in duck meat and turkey.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fatty red meats and egg yolks have the highest levels I believe. It is also found in some fish like tilapia and mackerel. I believe it is also found in duck meat and turkey.
Basically, fatty animal flesh with good amounts of omega-6's :p

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Even chicken has fairly high amounts of ArA Bill was saying to me the other day. Animal products whether meat, eggs, dairy are all great choices for getting ArA and are great foods to eat while on an X-Factor cycle or otherwise.

02, what is your training like? I used to get joint pain when I trained in the lower rep ranges, now I train in the 10-20 rep range and grow like a weed compared to when I only focused on "heavy" lifting.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Even chicken has fairly high amounts of ArA Bill was saying to me the other day. Animal products whether meat, eggs, dairy are all great choices for getting ArA and are great foods to eat while on an X-Factor cycle or otherwise.

02, what is your training like? I used to get joint pain when I trained in the lower rep ranges, now I train in the 10-20 rep range and grow like a weed compared to when I only focused on "heavy" lifting.
Depends on what part of the animal we are talking about. ArA is an omega-6 fat, obviously you're not going to find much ArA content if all you eat are the lean cuts and/or egg whites ;)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Depends on what part of the animal we are talking about. ArA is an omega-6 fat, obviously you're not going to find much ArA content if all you eat are the lean cuts and/or egg whites ;)
Even then eating it with other fats/ food would make it less selective for muscle tissue

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Even chicken has fairly high amounts of ArA Bill was saying to me the other day. Animal products whether meat, eggs, dairy are all great choices for getting ArA and are great foods to eat while on an X-Factor cycle or otherwise. 02, what is your training like? I used to get joint pain when I trained in the lower rep ranges, now I train in the 10-20 rep range and grow like a weed compared to when I only focused on "heavy" lifting.
Dat dere hypertrophy training.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dat dere hypertrophy training.
Indeed, those rep ranges are a lot more popular for hypertrophy than very low reps.

Re: kissadook, absolutely correct, the yolk is where the ArA is at.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
What is your dosage? If the joint aches get worse you might want to taper down a bit and see if that helps.
Doing 4 per day.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Doing 4 per day.
Per day or per workout?

I notice virtually zero sides when only taking on workout days. If you are already doing that, we have plenty of users who only use 2 or 3 per day while still getting excellent results.

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Per day or per workout?

I notice virtually zero sides when only taking on workout days. If you are already doing that, we have plenty of users who only use 2 or 3 per day while still getting excellent results.
I doing 4 on workout days. 5 days a week. I am taking 2 on my Off days in the AM. I am enjoying the results, so battling through the joint pain. Mainly hitting my elbows. I am sure its the inflammatory effect. I am willing to push through it, considering it really only hurts bad on arm day. Once I get about 1/3 of my workout complete the pain subsides quite a bit. Its not a excruciating pain either, more of a nagging pain.

so far its worth the gains.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Even then eating it with other fats/ food would make it less selective for muscle tissue
This is very true.

Indeed, those rep ranges are a lot more popular for hypertrophy than very low reps.

Re: kissadook, absolutely correct, the yolk is where the ArA is at.
I love dem 14-20 rep ranges. I have one or two push pull days per week @ those rep ranges (more like 16-20) on top of my regular chest + bi, back + tri days.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is very true.

I love dem 14-20 rep ranges. I have one or two push pull days per week @ those rep ranges (more like 16-20) on top of my regular chest + bi, back + tri days.
Absolutely, gotta check your ego at the door. Clearly diet and supplements played a large role in what Im about to say, but after dieting down to 180 to see just how lean I could get, I got up to 240 (while maintaining reasonable condition) within 18 months... the size came a lot quicker with higher reps than it did in the past with ego lifting.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I doing 4 on workout days. 5 days a week. I am taking 2 on my Off days in the AM. I am enjoying the results, so battling through the joint pain. Mainly hitting my elbows. I am sure its the inflammatory effect. I am willing to push through it, considering it really only hurts bad on arm day. Once I get about 1/3 of my workout complete the pain subsides quite a bit. Its not a excruciating pain either, more of a nagging pain.

so far its worth the gains.
Glad to hear that the pain isnt unmanageable by any means, and the gains are impressing you!

drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
Bottles should be here soon. I was recently recommended to do 2g a day for fifty workouts. What do you guys think about that? Woulda like five bottles in a row seems like to much

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Bottles should be here soon. I was recently recommended to do 2g a day for fifty workouts. What do you guys think about that? Woulda like five bottles in a row seems like to much
I would suggest starting at 1g pre-workout for ArA.

drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
I have not run X-Factor but I have ran X-Gels and if I remember correctly I ran them at 1.5g and it worked good at that amount. 2g will work as well and is what a lot of people run.

If I did my math correctly you only need 4 bottles if your going to run it at 2g for 50 days.
Sorry I may have not been clear. That is what I did my first couple of times but I was told you can run 2 g for up to fifty workouts rather than just 50 days

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Sorry I may have not been clear. That is what I did my first couple of times but I was told you can run 2 g for up to fifty workouts rather than just 50 days
See below

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Bump up to 1.5. Many people notice diminishing returns at 2g. Some love it and attest to 2g but the price gets steep at that point.

Also, no need to run a full 50 days. You can if you want but you could run 2g on workout days only

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was going to run 6 PreWorkout. At 245lbs would 6 be a better starting point than 4? Also should I take the plcar spread out or all 2 grams preworkout with the xfactor.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Although I workout 6 days a week so even 4 preworkout would still give me a pretty heavy dose I think.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I was going to run 6 PreWorkout. At 245lbs would 6 be a better starting point than 4? Also should I take the plcar spread out or all 2 grams preworkout with the xfactor.
I would still recommend starting at 4 to begin with.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've done 1 gram as well as 1.5 grams. Tbh, I'm sticking with 1 gram as I didn't notice a whole lot more on 1.5.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Take the PLCAR all at once preworkout with your ArA.

Although I workout 6 days a week so even 4 preworkout would still give me a pretty heavy dose I think.
At 6 workouts a week, 4 will be fine.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would still recommend starting at 4 to begin with.
x2, 1g is a great place to start even for the bigger guys, 6 for me is as high as Ive ever felt the need to go and Im 235.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Take the PLCAR all at once preworkout with your ArA.

At 6 workouts a week, 4 will be fine.
This. Generally I would advise to up the dose at workout frequency drops and lower the dose as it increases.