One day I will be Great, and this is how...

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yah plenty of pics coming. The only problem I am facing is.. getting lean enough, which I can control and loose skin which I can only partialy control. That's another reason for really pushing for muscle volume as it will make a difference in overall appearance as far as skin quality is concerned.

this is something i am ignorant too being that i havent done a contest prep. How much help is using special moisturizers and what not? And does duration of use of this products help more?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is something i am ignorant too being that i havent done a contest prep. How much help is using special moisturizers and what not? And does duration of use of this products help more?
There is some benefit I believe, age is a factor though.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
You know GH i just was looking at your title of your log and YOUR ALREADY GREAT MAN!!! WTF haha i'm not going to lie. . im not a fan of the title because i have faith that you are your just going to raise the bar even higher dmit! :AR15firing:

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There is some benefit I believe, age is a factor though.
Agreed x2...but i think we all know you defy age DW

You know GH i just was looking at your title of your log and YOUR ALREADY GREAT MAN!!! WTF haha i'm not going to lie. . im not a fan of the title because i have faith that you are your just going to raise the bar even higher dmit! :AR15firing:
Big A you are one of the biggest motivators on AM to truly allow those you support push themselves to higher levels. Its very easy to imagine you in the corner of the squat rack pushing us for that extra rep. So any greatness you may attribute to myself please attribute it to yourself as well.

And if I raise the bar, it is only so that my peers have a higher goal to supercede and bring about the best in everyone i surround myself with. Consider myself a fan of your enthusiam, it helps re-ignite what society has attempted to extinguish:smite:

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Pictures

I figure that without posting pictures this log is lacking. Now im not trying to say my pictures wil make this log amazing cause im so built, but it adds more of an unbiase opinion and room for you guys to help me out.

This will also help gauge the progress made when im on the new stack.

The pictures were taken this morning upon waking up. Please forgive the poor lighting, poor quality, and lack of obvious grooming. I will be taking a beach trip soon where ill groom up. And then for my nest cut ill maintain it more regularly.

Attachments

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
here is another one just for more comparison

Attachments

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
it's plain to see you are one solid brosenski!!!!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking thick as hell for the 190s GH

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
SOlid my friend. . .just a thick dude!!! Keep up the hard work!!! BIG LATS!!! i need to work on my wing span!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Looking thick as hell for the 190s GH
Thanks AZ.

Well im not a very tall guy, kinda short even... so me 190 something lbs looks a lot different on me then it would someone who is 6'0

SOlid my friend. . .just a thick dude!!! Keep up the hard work!!! BIG LATS!!! i need to work on my wing span!
Thank you good sir!

Well remember as well i also got that nice layer of fat...which im trying to get rid of. This may also factor in to how thick i look.

you and me both brother!!
ME TOO!! Ive always like how a big back looks so i train my back extra hard(its also very beneficial to have a strong back). Get that Dorian Yates, Ronnie Coleman looking back....now thats a freaking back.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just remember on the other side of the world there is a tall rail thin man balancing out my thickness so it really isn't a big deal. When I squat 405 for reps upon reps you must take it in account that in Guam a young man is so weak he can barely squat to take crap and I am really just balancing things out. It is not that big a deal in the scheme of things... NO GH YOU ARE A FRIGGIN ANOMOLY!!!!!!! You are thick and so GD strong it is ridiculous. I love your humility, and expect you to end some of your replies with Young Grass Hopper.... sometimes. LOL Great pics, great thickness and deceptive amount of muscle under the fat. Trust me what is under there is not only thick but it is DENSE and that is what looks good lean...

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just remember on the other side of the world there is a tall rail thin man balancing out my thickness so it really isn't a big deal. When I squat 405 for reps upon reps you must take it in account that in Guam a young man is so weak he can barely squat to take crap and I am really just balancing things out. It is not that big a deal in the scheme of things... NO GH YOU ARE A FRIGGIN ANOMOLY!!!!!!! You are thick and so GD strong it is ridiculous. I love your humility, and expect you to end some of your replies with Young Grass Hopper.... sometimes. LOL Great pics, great thickness and deceptive amount of muscle under the fat. Trust me what is under there is not only thick but it is DENSE and that is what looks good lean...

im sorry kleen....ill be quiet....:sad6: LOL

Its funny you say the grasshopper comment b/c when talking with you you seasoned vets i truly feel like the grasshopper learning from the masters. Its a hell of a good itme just soaking up what u guys say.

Lets see if i can shed the unfunctional fat and show what i really got. And if my muscles are really as dense as you guys say it has to do with my favorite philosopy in the gym....if the bar aint bending then you aint lifitng! Just put something heavy on the bar put it on ur back or pick it up from the floor or push it off your chest.

Thank you guys for the compliments but again dont feel shy to say...hey your triceps are lagging....hey you gotta shed the fat so we can see more...ur traps need work....whatever can use developing just let me know. No one ever got better by ignoring their weaknesses.

Again thank you guys

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im sorry kleen....ill be quiet....:sad6: LOL

Its funny you say the grasshopper comment b/c when talking with you you seasoned vets i truly feel like the grasshopper learning from the masters. Its a hell of a good itme just soaking up what u guys say.

Lets see if i can shed the unfunctional fat and show what i really got. And if my muscles are really as dense as you guys say it has to do with my favorite philosopy in the gym....if the bar aint bending then you aint lifitng! Just put something heavy on the bar put it on ur back or pick it up from the floor or push it off your chest.

Thank you guys for the compliments but again dont feel shy to say...hey your triceps are lagging....hey you gotta shed the fat so we can see more...ur traps need work....whatever can use developing just let me know. No one ever got better by ignoring their weaknesses.

Again thank you guys

You lift for efficiency for the most part bodybuilding has different goals, lagging body parts are not as important. Same way I train my son, basic lifts and lots of them.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
You lift for efficiency for the most part bodybuilding has different goals, lagging body parts are not as important. Same way I train my son, basic lifts and lots of them.
buMP THAT DREAM!!! that is exactly what i was thinking!!! focus not on what we don't have but focus on what we have and make it useful :biglaugh:

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Squats!!

First i want to thank DW for the change in philosophy. With Aaelael and AG supporting his point of view I know look at it a bit differently. Put all vanity aside and focus on what i need to work on to push more weight and that is easily discernable via lifting. Thank you gentlemen.

Now onto my squats:

Last workout before deload. Goal is 5 reps, 3 reps, 1 rep

365 x 5
410 x 3
460 x 8

My knee was feeling a little weak so i used my knee wraps to secure both my knees tightly for 460 to ensure i can get the most out of my lift.

I must admit, my stack before has be quite spoiled. Its a whole new battle when u hitting lifts without Prime, SuperSaps, 1-C, and a good pre-workout. Now it is apparent i have lost no strength at all, but my recovery time is significantly longer and I have to work a lot harder to stay as motivated as i was while on the stack. I mention this as a testament to natural supplementation and how it really does make a world of difference when added to a rigorous workout routine.

On a brighter note, I can WAIT for my goodies to come in. Im itching to start my new stack and have some fun!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
great work brother man!!!! look forward to see how the change effects you and your lifts

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
GH make sure you take some time off to man!!! you know the saying to much of a good thing is bad!!! this also holds true to sups in my opinion. . . I know your an expierenced user but even all natural supps need a break here in there

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
GH make sure you take some time off to man!!! you know the saying to much of a good thing is bad!!! this also holds true to sups in my opinion. . . I know your an expierenced user but even all natural supps need a break here in there
You are absolutely right! Before my previous stack i took a nice month break from everything except whey. I also took some reset A.D. to get my body back to par. Now im taking at least week off again before starting a new stack.

Breaks, cycling, moderation, all need be included to lift for the long haul. Good looking out bro!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
great work brother man!!!! look forward to see how the change effects you and your lifts
Thank you sir! I was very happy with the 460 for 8 reps. I believe that is a new PR. I gotta check my previous logs but i am def happy with that lift.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't even want to guess what your 1 rep max is GH. Damn you have some strength in that frame!! I need to deload after reading those numbers.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
MY MAN!!! GH muhaha holdin it down brutha man!!! Keep on chugin!!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't even want to guess what your 1 rep max is GH. Damn you have some strength in that frame!! I need to deload after reading those numbers.
Haha, my body feels beat. Im very relieved that next week i got to deload, focus on cardio a little more and recover before i hit some new PR's!

MY MAN!!! GH muhaha holdin it down brutha man!!! Keep on chugin!!
Slow and steady, building momentum till im like an avanlanche of power. Little by little broda!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the lack of updates gentlemen.

Basically there is nothing major to report.

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: Ran an easy mile then hit some deload work
Standing military: 70x5 90x5 105x5
Superset side lateral and front lateral with 15lb weights
Uprigth rows with just the bar
Deadlift no rest: 135x5 185x5 225x5

Real easy workout called it a day

Today i woke up hit a real quick circuit to raise the metabolism and get the blood pumping: Jumping jacks, pulls ups, dips, jumping jacks, curls, pushups

I hit that circuit 3 times then went on a nice walk with my dog for a little over a mile. Tonight is judo.

Still waiting on my goodies. Thinking about ordering some ASGT being that its so ridiculously cheap. So far all of you who have tried it have given really good reviews so i think i may try it out.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
there ya go!!! i like that circut man!!! i would like to add some BW movements into some of my routines know just have to see where and when i will muahha :AR15firing:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff DW! Those squats are awesome man! I wish my max was 460 let alone do it for 8 reps. WOW well done sir. Like DW said just keep hitting the wieghts with basics and compounds especially while trianing for power, no need to worry about that part of it. On top of the we wont know for sure where any "Weak" spots are until you are just a little bit leaner and all the lines and true shape of the muscles start to come out. A fat deposit can make something look bigger or smaller so unless it is a huge weakness it wont be obvious until you are leaner. For now just keep moving the heavy weight.

Oh yeah get the AS-GT at the 17.99 you will kick yourself if you don't it is really good stuff. Different than anything you have felt before. The intensity somehow rises with your own intensity. It is awesome.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
give it a shot brother!!! ;)
Already bought....now gotta figure out when I wanna use it!

there ya go!!! i like that circut man!!! i would like to add some BW movements into some of my routines know just have to see where and when i will muahha :AR15firing:
This entire weak ill be hitting a similar circuit on judo days to increase blood flow and hopefully increase my ability to recover.

BW movements are a staple in my routines. Pull-ups, push ups, handstand push ups, crunches, dips, etc etc are all essential for getting strong IMO.

Good stuff DW! Those squats are awesome man! I wish my max was 460 let alone do it for 8 reps. WOW well done sir. Like DW said just keep hitting the wieghts with basics and compounds especially while trianing for power, no need to worry about that part of it. On top of the we wont know for sure where any "Weak" spots are until you are just a little bit leaner and all the lines and true shape of the muscles start to come out. A fat deposit can make something look bigger or smaller so unless it is a huge weakness it wont be obvious until you are leaner. For now just keep moving the heavy weight.

Oh yeah get the AS-GT at the 17.99 you will kick yourself if you don't it is really good stuff. Different than anything you have felt before. The intensity somehow rises with your own intensity. It is awesome.

Im really looking forward to my next cut so i can lean out a lot more. Right now there seems to be just a small layer of fat over my muscles that is smoothing me out. Something that isnt thick enough to affect how hard i feel rather it affects how aethetically pleasing i look. All my friends swear i have little to no body fat based on touching me(mind you i hang out with girls primarily so touching is allowed). But when i look in the mirror i see that i have a good amount to drop. Probably another 25-30lbs of pure fat to look halfway decent. But that will be done over time and spread out over 2-3 separate cuts.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man I think you may have 15-20 but I don't think 30 unless you are talking competition weight on stage... Remember that fat takes up about 3 times more space then muscle does. You will be shocked as you get closer to your weight how 1 lb fat loss can make a huge difference in what your abs look like. I really don't see 30 lbs there but I could be wrong.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Kleen. The leaner I get with this recomp, the more those words ring true.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Man I think you may have 15-20 but I don't think 30 unless you are talking competition weight on stage... Remember that fat takes up about 3 times more space then muscle does. You will be shocked as you get closer to your weight how 1 lb fat loss can make a huge difference in what your abs look like. I really don't see 30 lbs there but I could be wrong.

Once again i tend to think of the worse possible scenario. If im at 15% body fat i have approx 30lbs of fat. Meaning of i lose 15-20lbs ill be floating around at a very lean physique. If im 10% i have 20lbs of fat which then losing 10lbs would be more then enough to give me the desired look. I tend to believe i am between 10-15% bodyfat seeing as when i wake up nice and dry in the morning abs are easily visible, vascularity is pronounced, and love handles as you can see(even though I was not dry in those pictures i was actually feeling a bit bloated) dont stick out. The smallest my waist has even been is a around a 29 and thats when i weight 135lbs my freshman year of highschool during wrestling season. I dont think my waist can go below a 31 without losing muscle. So being that its a 34 now i got 3 inches to go.

Why do i care about ridding my body of fat if strength and power is my main concern? Fat is unfunctional weight for the most part. Past about 10lbs of fat on a man frame, it doesnt serve purpose beyong cushion and energy storage. We live in a society where famine's are not a problem and for martial arts i need armor, not cushion. Nice, thick, dense slabs of muscle to break whatever is trying to break me.

As long as i dont bulk up to 225 of pure muscle at 6% bodyfat, i should remain highly agile so as not to hinder my speed. So now its just to pack on as much raw power and strength as my body can possible handle...then add a couple 100lbs more.

I think ill end my little rant there

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
just go easy on your sparring buddies when you lose that extra 10lbs of fat LOL

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Right!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3 inches is about 15 lbs... my eye tells me that will have you looking pretty cut...

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
Right on brutha!!! Right on!!!! i'm down to 215 right now and i'm feeling lean and mean!!! I'm at about 8% maybe a touch lower. . .but its fun the cutting cycle. . .its like unwrapping a present that you've been waiting for a long time!!! hard work and you'll take that lite and make magic!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Once again i tend to think of the worse possible scenario. If im at 15% body fat i have approx 30lbs of fat. Meaning of i lose 15-20lbs ill be floating around at a very lean physique. If im 10% i have 20lbs of fat which then losing 10lbs would be more then enough to give me the desired look. I tend to believe i am between 10-15% bodyfat seeing as when i wake up nice and dry in the morning abs are easily visible, vascularity is pronounced, and love handles as you can see(even though I was not dry in those pictures i was actually feeling a bit bloated) dont stick out. The smallest my waist has even been is a around a 29 and thats when i weight 135lbs my freshman year of highschool during wrestling season. I dont think my waist can go below a 31 without losing muscle. So being that its a 34 now i got 3 inches to go.

Why do i care about ridding my body of fat if strength and power is my main concern? Fat is unfunctional weight for the most part. Past about 10lbs of fat on a man frame, it doesnt serve purpose beyong cushion and energy storage. We live in a society where famine's are not a problem and for martial arts i need armor, not cushion. Nice, thick, dense slabs of muscle to break whatever is trying to break me.

As long as i dont bulk up to 225 of pure muscle at 6% bodyfat, i should remain highly agile so as not to hinder my speed. So now its just to pack on as much raw power and strength as my body can possible handle...then add a couple 100lbs more.

I think ill end my little rant there
You have the exact same mentality I do in regards to my goals. I know I have another 10 pounds of fat I CAN lose and then I will be sitting pretty well below 10% BF. Is this possible in this cut I am currently on, most likely not because I will need a change to move towards recomp for a few months then another cut mid summer to get down below 10% if possible without too much of a lifestyle inconvenience.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
This one is for you brutha haha!! :AR15firing: :fest30:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nppzGV1U8y8"]YouTube- normal kid meets a powerlifter[/ame]

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
just go easy on your sparring buddies when you lose that extra 10lbs of fat LOL
Yes Sir! Actually im working very hard in learning how to practice super soft. And as of last practice im starting to get the hang out it.

haha coming for the guys who eats young bucks for lunch on the mat

Right on brutha!!! Right on!!!! i'm down to 215 right now and i'm feeling lean and mean!!! I'm at about 8% maybe a touch lower. . .but its fun the cutting cycle. . .its like unwrapping a present that you've been waiting for a long time!!! hard work and you'll take that lite and make magic!
DAM!!! SOMEONE LOOKING SWOLE!! Well when i start getting the hang of cutting a little better then it will be better then xmas morning

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You have the exact same mentality I do in regards to my goals. I know I have another 10 pounds of fat I CAN lose and then I will be sitting pretty well below 10% BF. Is this possible in this cut I am currently on, most likely not because I will need a change to move towards recomp for a few months then another cut mid summer to get down below 10% if possible without too much of a lifestyle inconvenience.

Well with your cut going the way it is...if u keep it up ur def going to meet your goal...and the picture...yes, i did like it very much...i greatly appreciate the booty yes i do!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am actually glad I am starting my prep now. It is a nice goal to have and such an awesome challenge.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am actually glad I am starting my prep now. It is a nice goal to have and such an awesome challenge.
I cant wait to see how ur prep goes. Its like a white belt watching the Master demostrate....genius! lol

Being able to look at yours, and DW and Aaelael contest preps gives me such a good foundation to be able to cut weight and prep for making weight...its just ridiculous i tell u.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So a quick update,

Got an exam tomorrow so im pretty much focusing on that. Sorry that I am not being as attentive to all your logs. Ill get back on the bus once i kick this exam in the face and make it cry for mercy.

Hit chest. Deload so it was very light

Barx10
135x5
185x5
225x5

then i hit some dumbell incline, dips, close grip. 3 sets each, very light, just enough to get some blood in the muscle. Hit up a 1 mile walk afterwards.

Ill be going on a run tonight since i wont be going to judo so i can study. Well...i may go on a run if im where i wanna be with studying. If not ill just run tomorrow. After that i plan to take 2 days off of all working out...and then hit my next 531 cycle.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do it! Do it!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoqDYcCDOTg"]YouTube- Do it! Do it! Do it![/ame]

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So joining AZ, DW, oufinny, and others in beta testing Pink Magic from USP labs.

I am very honored and feel very privileged to have been chosen. Needless to say...im gonna push myself to really see how Good this stuff really is. I am very skeptical which will help me be unbiased in reporting results if there are any.

Needless to say....HGH pro log...then Pink Magic Log...then continueing this log with a Prime/TNA/OEP/DCP/Sesamin stack....this will be an epic year in strength gains.

And fruthermore i get to really some beta supplements to the test. No Mercy will be sparred...either they work or they dont...its time to GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!

And i still have CRE-02, kreaceps, ASGT(on the way which i may use as a pre-workout during Pink...not sure yet), and nitroceps that i can add in at anytime.

Maybe if my strength goes up enough ill be ready to start competing next year....initially i thought it would take me two years but lets see how the cookie crumbles.

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
So joining AZ, DW, oufinny, and others in beta testing Pink Magic from USP labs.

I am very honored and feel very privileged to have been chosen. Needless to say...im gonna push myself to really see how Good this stuff really is. I am very skeptical which will help me be unbiased in reporting results if there are any.

Needless to say....HGH pro log...then Pink Magic Log...then continueing this log with a Prime/TNA/OEP/DCP/Sesamin stack....this will be an epic year in strength gains.

And fruthermore i get to really some beta supplements to the test. No Mercy will be sparred...either they work or they dont...its time to GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!

And i still have CRE-02, kreaceps, ASGT(on the way which i may use as a pre-workout during Pink...not sure yet), and nitroceps that i can add in at anytime.

Maybe if my strength goes up enough ill be ready to start competing next year....initially i thought it would take me two years but lets see how the cookie crumbles.
very nice stack set up you have going into the meat of this year. the Prime/OEP/TNA stack looks awesome, and the MST pre w/o your going to love.