How To Get Great TRT Results? How Come Some People Look Better Than Younger?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

1. My testosterone is in the reference range but low (320-350 when I was in my 20's). Granted, my LSH, etc. is normal. I am in my late 30's now.

2. My military doctor gave me TRT for about six months. Honestly, the effects were negligible.

a. The first day had spectacular results. Normally, I can do one hour of cardio. I did four hours.

I also noticed more spontaneous energy to do pushups, situps, etc.

b. After that, I only noticed small differences, such as getting 8 reps instead of 7 reps.

3. Still, I see so many older men say they have better energy and physiques in their 50's with TRT than in their 20's.

4. I want those results. Can anyone explain it?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi Everyone,

1. My testosterone is in the reference range but low (320-350 when I was in my 20's). Granted, my LSH, etc. is normal. I am in my late 30's now.

2. My military doctor gave me TRT for about six months. Honestly, the effects were negligible.

a. The first day had spectacular results. Normally, I can do one hour of cardio. I did four hours.

I also noticed more spontaneous energy to do pushups, situps, etc.

b. After that, I only noticed small differences, such as getting 8 reps instead of 7 reps.

3. Still, I see so many older men say they have better energy and physiques in their 50's with TRT than in their 20's.

4. I want those results. Can anyone explain it?
It depends on your lifestyle (training , diet, sleep +++).
in 2008, I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea due to obstructions. even fit. After nose/throat surgeries I got rid of sleep apnea but T never got any better. My T was 288-300 and now Im 40 and my T is same (288-300ng/dl). Libido is still high, erections are good, I am still able to gain size ++.

So, even not taking TRT and still 100% natural, I dont have any issues at all. But I do eat like a horse, train hard and try to live healthy (no smoke, no alcohol ++).

Testosterone is important but its not all-important

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
You've got the wrong impression on TRT. It's about replacing test production to 'normal' levels. Sure if you're going to inject test, then might as well get to the upper range of 'normal' level, but it's still just a replacement and aims for sufficient levels for normally functioning body and life.

The people who look great in their 50's and are on TRT work out, have an active life, eat well and generally take care of their bodies. And some of them also cycle other gear with their TRT or increase their test dose to 'cycle levels' periodically.

Last edited:

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
I see. Honestly, I just want to be like this guy, who is in better shape than 20 years ago, he says.

I always have been good with diet, training, etc. I never smoked, drank more than one drink a week, etc.

Can I ever get better results on TRT than I did as a natural person in my 20's?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I see. Honestly, I just want to be like this guy, who is in better shape than 20 years ago, he says.

I always have been good with diet, training, etc. I never smoked, drank more than one drink a week, etc.

I replied in your other thread about TRT. Your question here is hard to answer. It would depend on if you had low T or lower than average T when you were in your 20’s. There’s no magic pill. If you’re on TRT you’ve got to dial in your protocol, eat right and put in the work in the gym. It’s that simple but hard if you don’t have the willpower to do it.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you're contemplating on wether to continue or discontinue the TRT, then I would go much more by the overall well being. How is generall energy, mood, libido etc. on TRT vs without?

The body comp results are what they are and only time will tell and are also largely determined by the work put in.

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
TRT is not the be all/end all the Youtubers claim that it is. Many of them use 500mg and call it TRT.
Real TRT, you will feel better maybe, but not pack on tons of muscle if staying in range, even high-end.
You can get more fit, and put on a little, but not tons... I trained natty from age 12 to 50 then went on TRT.
Been on 7 years now, just 125 mg a week, keeps me in range (700-ish).
I did not gain muscle/strength, but toned up a little. Quitting a 40 year booze habit also helped that.

Dont fall for the "quick-fix" thinking, things will come (its a long haul)..

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
i dont know alot about this, only that there are old guys who are beet red that look more jacked than i am at my gym. it/s my understanding that alot of doctors have zero problem with you being in the 900-1200 range, provided you keep coming up looking good on all the tests. On top of that, some guys start producing massive amounts of red blood cells at that amount which would present a huge advantage. apparently the injection or cream can turn to estrogen on you depending on where you apply it and therefore it makes sense to follow application with a workout to use it for what you want it used for. ive seen people on here who add things to increase dht as they dont feel trt is increasing that enough. i think its safe to say there is more than "eating right" at play for the guy with trt at 1200 and a propensity toward polycythemia

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Regarding the guys who look better at 50 vs 20: They likely looked like **** at 20. Drink, smoke, eat **** and do zero training as a 20 year old and, despite youth, you will look like trash 99.9% of the time. So these guys who have never cared at all start on TRT while initiating training and decent eating and abracadabra you look better at 50 vs 20. We also have no real idea what these guys are taking. Add some GH in the mix, max out thyroid levels, toss in IGF-1 Lr3, 8 week on 8 week of 50mg var and 100mg deca a week(yes this is all scripted from certain clinics) then of course they look better.

Starting TRT(within physio range) is close to being a natural young health male hormonal wise(yes extreme dieting would tank T levels in a natty and not on TRT but that is not what we are discussing.) Gains should resemble a persons younger ability to progress naturally, that is to say SLOWLY.

Don't live with low T just because TRT did not get you jacked. That like not taking your thyroid meds when hypothyroid because they don't get you shredded. Low T is a MAJOR HEALTH RISK longterm.