NFL 07 Predictions

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
i cant believe no one said anything about my team :( thats ok afc east is ours anyways.
The Pats are my choice as long as #12 is healthy and the defense doesn't suffer many injuries

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Biggest Surprise: Dolphins (hardly a surprise though, Culpepper is comeback player of the year)

Biggest Fall-Off: Jacksonville Jaguars (no recievers, no red-zone consistancy, good luck getting first downs Lord Byron)

Remain Strong: Denver Broncos (of course), Colts lose a few because they will miss Edge James.

Best Free Agent Signing: Daunte Culpepper, best QB in the state of Florida since Dan Marino. Owens is next.

Continue to underwhelm: Oakland Raiders. Perfect chance for Aaron Brooks to remain average.

Play even worse: Buffalo Bills. Honestly what are they doing.

Late Season Run: Cincinatti Bengals, they are one the best when healthy.

We are a decent team again: Baltimore Ravens. They will need to address the runningback position regardless this year or next.

Not a fluke: Chicago Bears.. Nasty Defense. Rex Grossman is Trent Dilfer in the making.

Team Overachievement: Cleveland Browns.. Can't give you any reasons really other than teams seem to goto Cleveland and not play too well. A lot of close games, maybe the Browns can pull a few out

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
LMAO I agree with you on the Raiders DEO, they're all bark and no bite. Al Davis is too freakin arrogant and builds his teams as if football was being played the same way it was in the 60's and 70's. Andrew Walter might take over for Aaron Brooks before the year is over.

I think the Cardinals will underwhelm, if that's even possible, I just don't see how signing Edge puts them in the play-off. They have such a ****ty defense that they'll be playing from behind most of the time and therefore not utilize the Edge to his fullest potential.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Edge is one of the greatest RB ever bro...and I heard the Cards OL luv the fact they were blocking for him...compared to players in the past like Busteroonie JJ Arington and Marcel Shipp lol...as Long as Fitz/Boldin duo is in effect...Edge will be seeing the endzone all day...thats the best WR combo in the NFL..better then Wayne and Harrison in my opinion

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Edge is an upgrade to the stooges in Arizona before there is no doubt. But the Cards have had 2 decent/above average runningbacks that couldn't break the line of scrimmage: Michael Pittman and Thomas Jones. Jones was as valuable as any player to the Bears last year. I think Dennis Greens' vertical passing game should open up things up for Edge.

Without an O-line and Defense they will have the same record (+/- 2wins) no matter who is in the skill positons. No way on the playoffs.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
In glad he is alright, but ESPN is making trying make Ben Roethlisberger into Brett Farve or Lou Gehrig, maybe Cal Ripken Jr. this is getting ridiculous.

Jason McElwain, autistic kid who could school me in a game basketball - that's the story of the year... that kid is a soldier.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
is that the kid that made all those 3 pointers outta nowhere after air balling the first shot? that sh!t was off the hook...

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol, there are alot of predictions for the pats to not even make it to the playoffs.
Predictions, please.........show me a better clutch quarterback in the league right now than tom brady..... enough said.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Locks of the year:
Brad Johnson will remain underappriciated.
Tom Brady will be in another magazine and later complain he doesn't understand where the 'pretty boy' tag came from.
Terrell Owens starting *****ing.
Herman Edwards plays to win the game.
Steve Smith is dominant.
Tony Gonzalez resurfaces and pushes Gates for the top TE (mainly because of Phillip Rivers' first season).
Every time Reggie Bush gains more than 6 yards reporters tell us why he's special.
Every time Michael Vick gains more than 6 yards reporters tell us why he's special.
When Michael Vick throws an interception we will be told it's only his 3rd year in the offense.
Chad Johnson is inventive.
Jaguars lose 11 games.
Buffalo loses 12 games.
We hear about Roethlisberger's motorcycle 'accident' during every Steelers highlight.
Texans show promise and collapse.
After the Packers a mathematically elimated from the playoffs the media follows Brett Farve around.
Jets blow.
Nobody says anything bad about Vince Young even if his year is worse than Alex Smith.
Alex Smith is Joey Harrington.
Joey Harrington sits.
People make excuses for Willis McGahee so he's completely off the hook for another uninspriring year.
Seattle beats up on a woeful division.
Philly fans throw glass objects at Terrell Owens.
McNabb is blamed for not winning the superbowl.
Billy Volek is good.
Aaron Brooks is not.
Somebody plays the race card.
LaMont Jordan averages 2.8 yards a carry.
Colts' Offensive line gets tired in a 3 point stance while Manning calls audibles every play.
John Gruden looks funny.
Ahman Green should retire.
People hate Joe Theissman even more.
Carolina Panthers become the most trendy team.
Corey Dillon takes the pressure off Brady.
Donnie Edwards is really really good.
Jeff George wants a phone call.
The phone doesn't ring.
thats all for now

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Locks of the year:
Brad Johnson will remain underappriciated.
Tom Brady will be in another magazine and later complain he doesn't understand where the 'pretty boy' tag came from.
Terrell Owens starting *****ing.
Herman Edwards plays to win the game.
Steve Smith is dominant.
Tony Gonzalez resurfaces and pushes Gates for the top TE (mainly because of Phillip Rivers' first season).
Every time Reggie Bush gains more than 6 yards reporters tell us why he's special.
Every time Michael Vick gains more than 6 yards reporters tell us why he's special.
When Michael Vick throws an interception we will be told it's only his 3rd year in the offense.
Chad Johnson is inventive.
Jaguars lose 11 games.
Buffalo loses 12 games.
We hear about Roethlisberger's motorcycle 'accident' during every Steelers highlight.
Texans show promise and collapse.
After the Packers a mathematically elimated from the playoffs the media follows Brett Farve around.
Jets blow.
Nobody says anything bad about Vince Young even if his year is worse than Alex Smith.
Alex Smith is Joey Harrington.
Joey Harrington sits.
People make excuses for Willis McGahee so he's completely off the hook for another uninspriring year.
Seattle beats up on a woeful division.
Philly fans throw glass objects at Terrell Owens.
McNabb is blamed for not winning the superbowl.
Billy Volek is good.
Aaron Brooks is not.
Somebody plays the race card.
LaMont Jordan averages 2.8 yards a carry.
Colts' Offensive line gets tired in a 3 point stance while Manning calls audibles every play.
John Gruden looks funny.
Ahman Green should retire.
People hate Joe Theissman even more.
Carolina Panthers become the most trendy team.
Corey Dillon takes the pressure off Brady.
Donnie Edwards is really really good.
Jeff George wants a phone call.
The phone doesn't ring.
thats all for now
Hahaha that was pretty damn good. Although add Matt Schaub will come in for injured Vick and do great. People will call for him, but Falcons decide to sit him even though he is way better for the team than Vick.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Hahaha that was pretty damn good. Although add Matt Schaub will come in for injured Vick and do great. People will call for him, but Falcons decide to sit him even though he is way better for the team than Vick.
haha I totally agree. Vick should convert to backup punt returner

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
The Jets will make another completely memorable Draft Pick - and it will be replayed for years to come.

(I think the Jets' montage of bad draft picks is my favorite time of the year. No, wait, it's actually the Jet fans' reaction is that is my fav.)

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
The Jets will make another completely memorable Draft Pick - and it will be replayed for years to come.

(I think the Jets' montage of bad draft picks is my favorite time of the year. No, wait, it's actually the Jet fans' reaction is that is my fav.)
They are up there with the Minnesota debacle in the years past. Man did I love watching those minutes go by with Minnesota scrambling trying to decide and then BAM! times up.

tplant

Awards

what this draft montage? [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia] :D

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
ESPN shows it every year - I'll have to watch that clip when my computer will behave (and not blue screen me).

The "best" was passing on Ed Reed for some dumb white Olineman - when they drastically needed a safety.
I still laugh about that.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Jason McElwain, autistic kid who could school me in a game basketball - that's the story of the year... that kid is a soldier.
No, Kellen Winslow JR is a soldier, so is Kevin Garnett :lol:

Adding to the predictions.
Larry Johnson won't rush for more then 1600 yds.
TO will ruin the team chemistry for all 3 teams he has played for.
Randy Moss will not gain more then 1100 yards receiving.
Atlanta will be exposed.
The Cardinals are not going to even win 8 games.
Carson Palmer will kick ass regardless of his injury.
Jake Plummer will let the Broncos down.
Pittsburgh won't repeat.
The Colts choke again.
Corey Dillon is not done.
The Bills will pick #1 in next year's draft.
The 49ers win 6 games :D

jantrick2

Awards
my guess:

mvp= tom brady
ROY (off.)= vernon davis
ROY (def.)= bobby carpenter
breakthrough= ronnie brown

afc champs= ne pats
nfc champs= carolina
Sb CHAMPS= pats in a close rematch

surprise team= browns

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
surprise team= browns
I would definitely be inclined to say the Browns but they've got Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Baltimore to deal with. That's 4 guaranteed losses at the very least. I think Green Bay has the best chance due to their division and they got #4

tplant

Awards
my guess:

mvp= tom brady
ROY (off.)= vernon davis
ROY (def.)= bobby carpenter
breakthrough= ronnie brown

afc champs= ne pats
nfc champs= carolina
Sb CHAMPS= pats in a close rematch

surprise team= browns
Actually as a Pats fan I like those predictions and I also like the browns pick. I think Charlie Frye is gonna be one of the breakout players this year. Also Carpenter could have a monster year with Dallas.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
carpenter was such a good pick.
carpenter is such a good player.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Too bad Carpenter was shunned because he had a bad forty but the guy seems to be around the ball all the time and that's what linebackers get paid for.

jantrick2

Awards
Too bad Carpenter was shunned because he had a bad forty but the guy seems to be around the ball all the time and that's what linebackers get paid for.
agreed i think he opened up things for aj hawk alot more than he was given credit for.....too bad he didnt fall to the pats

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
agreed i think he opened up things for aj hawk alot more than he was given credit for.....too bad he didnt fall to the pats
Hopefully the same holds true for Manny Lawson because he's replacing Julian Peterson. Those are some big shoes to fill.

Ommid

Atlanta will be exposed.
Pittsburgh won't repeat.
The Colts choke again.
If K.C's line holds up...LJ will run for over 16 yards by week 14

Randy Moss if he doesnt get hurt....Will be in the 1400+ with 12+ TD's

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
If K.C's line holds up...LJ will run for over 16 yards by week 14

Randy Moss if he doesnt get hurt....Will be in the 1400+ with 12+ TD's
I'm betting Moss gets hurt and Brooks lets him down (not a surprise there) ;)

Ommid

If Oakland can keep it competive Randy will Try lol if they're down at all and outta the game in Moss's mind then its over...hes be the laziest player on the field...thats what I like about T.O aka Cancer...when he tries...hes one hell of a player.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I had forgotten that D_ck Vermeil had retired and Herm Edwards is the KC coach now. The defense should improve, but honestly Vermeil is the offensive genius (not martz). I don't know how Edwards can improve that offense

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
If Oakland can keep it competive Randy will Try lol if they're down at all and outta the game in Moss's mind then its over...hes be the laziest player on the field...thats what I like about T.O aka Cancer...when he tries...hes one hell of a player.
See that's what I hate about Moss. He just isn't a professional. He was a BIG TIME underachiever last year, Porter was better then him many times. I personally hate TO's guts but the guy played his ass off even when the 49ers were 7-9 in his last year with the team.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
man i cant wait to play in a Fantasy League against u guys....competition seems legit for sure

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
I'm betting Moss gets hurt and Brooks lets him down (not a surprise there) ;)
I am more worried about Moss beating the s*** out of Brooks than anything. I am sorry but Brooks is a horrible decision maker. He has one maybe two good games a year and the media tells us how athletic and great he is. Then the next week he goes back to throwing it to teh wrong color jersey. He is a backup QB at best in this league, Oakland just made a big mistake with Brooks. But yeah Moss is one lazy mofo if they arent winning.

tplant

Awards
I had forgotten that D_ck Vermeil had retired and Herm Edwards is the KC coach now. The defense should improve, but honestly Vermeil is the offensive genius (not martz). I don't know how Edwards can improve that offense
honestly I have never looked at Herman Edwards as actually being a good coach. His jets team, although filled with talent, were never very good. I have always said he was overrated and Im sure the Jets were shocked when they actually ended up getting a draft pick for him. I think the chiefs will be good as long as Trent Green can continue to be perhaps the leagues most underrated QB. Their D is not too bad.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established

Atlanta will be exposed.
Pittsburgh won't repeat.
The Colts choke again.

Jake Plummer is the league's MVP this year:D

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I am more worried about Moss beating the s*** out of Brooks than anything. I am sorry but Brooks is a horrible decision maker. He has one maybe two good games a year and the media tells us how athletic and great he is. Then the next week he goes back to throwing it to teh wrong color jersey. He is a backup QB at best in this league, Oakland just made a big mistake with Brooks. But yeah Moss is one lazy mofo if they arent winning.
LOL you're right but Al Davis is freaking senile and he thinks he knows everything. Davis thinks he just needs a guy with a strong arm but that isn't always enough. Walter will be the QB before the end of the year and he's a 2nd year guy from ASU so who knows what you'll get from him. Looking good in the PAC-10 doesn't translate well into the NFL unless you're John Elway, Carson Palmer, Jim Plunkett, or Drew Bledsoe.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
LOL you're right but Al Davis is freaking senile and he thinks he knows everything. Davis thinks he just needs a guy with a strong arm but that isn't always enough. Walter will be the QB before the end of the year and he's a 2nd year guy from ASU so who knows what you'll get from him. Looking good in the PAC-10 doesn't translate well into the NFL unless you're John Elway, Carson Palmer, Jim Plunkett, or Drew Bledsoe.
Agreed, if I ask who what the best QB in Oakland/LA in the past 10 years who would you say? I thought about it myself and it took me a while (25 seconds) to get the RIGHT answer. It's Rich Gannon, he didn't have a strong arm per say - but he was perfect for the Raider offense for 2-3 years. He won AFC MVP one year I believe.

The Raiders don't seem to like to help themselves in the draft either. They perfer to plug-in aging veterans like Sapp, Collins or Brooks and just wing-it.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Brooks will get it done....as long as the "FREAK" aka Mr Moss is healthy and motivated....Brooks could be in line for the best year of his career...Lamont Jordan has got some sick hands like Deuce Mcalister...if Brooks is scrambling and cant find Moss open he can just dump it to Lamont....I think with Art Shell wanting to ride Jordan like the workhorse he is....Moss and Brooks connection will be alot better then the Bledsoe-Owens connection...just my insight

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Aaron Brooks is 'okay'. It's just that most QBs go to the Raiders to end their careers. it's like an early retirement

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Aaron Brooks is 'okay'. It's just that most QBs go to the Raiders to end their careers. it's like an early retirement
hahahha thats so true about the Raiders. But I still think Brooks makes way too many poor decisions to be able to make this team a real threat. And the Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos are all big steps ahead of them and they are all in the same division. AFC West could be the best division, along wiht the NFC East.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I don't know why people believe Brooks is somehow a top QB, just because he has some ESPN highlights doesn't mean you. Brooks is good for at least 20 INT's in Oakland because he will be playing from behind most of the time and force more mistakes.

I think Owens-Bledsoe is a much better connection, Harrison-Manning, Johnson-Palmer, & even Holt-Bulger will be better combos. Look out for Chambers to have a breakout year with Culpepper too.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Well, the Plummer-Smith connection gets you at least to the AFC championship game and this year the NFL Superbowl Championship:D

BMW

Awards
  • Established
damn i cant wait for football season just 3-4 more weeks til the preseason :head: :head: :head:

BMW

Awards
  • Established
in all honesty the raiders aint gonna do **** this year just like they didnt do **** last year their division is to tough for them to make something happen.

BMW

Awards
  • Established
hey who do you guys think is going to have a breakout season of all the sophmore running backs?

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ronnie has potential to bust out hard......we'll see...that dude has never carried a full load b4...dont get hyped on sophmores man....look at all the bust last year...Julius Jones, Steven Jackson, Kevin Jones...just to name a few...always draft the proven guys...that'll be $1.99 please lol

sandinsciuz

Awards
Well, the Plummer-Smith connection gets you at least to the AFC championship game and this year the NFL Superbowl Championship:D
Some AFC thoughts......

Just thinking back to the AFC Division game with the Pats last year..........

Let's start with the fact that Denver beat NE twice last year as the final seconds ticked off the clock. And that settled it last year.

But in the Division game, Denver won it on a combination of special teams, some NE muffs, and some frankly HORRIBLE officiating. The finally healthy Pats D front 7 stuffed the snot out of Denver's running game (something like 83 +/- yards total). And Denver's passing game wasn't much better even though NE had 6 D-backs out on IR.

On the other side of the ball, Denver was reasonably successful in getting to Brady at times during the game and that had its cululative affects during the game (Champ Bailey pic/run back). But NE even by then was still missing linemen........ Koppen C, Light T and Kaczur C/T out with injuries and Dillon, Patrick Pass and Kevin Faulk were all injured to varying degrees. NE was not healthy last year.

Last year was last year of course and who knows what injuries teams will be plagued with this year. But I think even the most die hard Bronco's fan had to be pretty damned relieved they made it past NE that game because Denver did not look like the better team on the field that day. And that played itself out the following week with Pittsburgh.

Not sure if enough has changed either with Denver or NE that if both are healthy, NE - Denver matchups wouldn't favor NE this season.

A healthy NE team will be competetive with anyone this year, but that's a pretty big "if". They haven't had good luck in their defensive secondary the past 2 years running now.

Change gears for a sec.......Miami fans HAVE to be pretty fired up about the prospects for their team this year. The Miami - NE games should be great contests this year.