NFL 07 Predictions

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Buffalo? In the Super Bowl? Are you smoking crack? Buffalo is in the same boat as the Jets. Rebuilding mode. One player does not make a Champion. It all starts with coaching and leadership 2 things Buffalo does not have. At best Bills go 8-8, 7-9, and look forward to draft 2007 when they can rebuild the right way. Bledsoe, Milloy, Spikes, and the other high priced players brought aboard in 2003 proved to be bad investments. McGahee has been told he will be relied upon even more this season. That spells injury and Losman will be a sitting duck.
he is just a Bills fan.. don't get all over him. :)
Buffalo's Defense is solid - but the offense got worse.. Not that Eric Moulds was that productive.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Huff is not better than Whitner. If the Bills had a quaterback, they'd be in the superbowl. I'm prayin on Losman.
No way, Huff is the best DB in the draft.....Easily. And the Bills offense is McGahee and Lee Evans with no one to help out in anyway.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
It makes me sad to see one of the best RB's in the game wasting away in Buffalo.

WillisMc would put up better numbers than Johnson if he played for KC.

tplant

Awards
Huff is not better than Whitner. If the Bills had a quaterback, they'd be in the superbowl. I'm prayin on Losman.
:blink: yeah huff is much better than Whitner man. Also the bills need a few more things than a good QB. Although if their D stays healthy it is pretty good but they have no shot at beating the pats or 'fins. Even the jets will give them a run this year.

Yagman

Yagman

Board Supporter
Awards
It makes me sad to see one of the best RB's in the game wasting away in Buffalo.

No offense but you might wanna remember last year. Sun 13 vs. KC W 14- 3 BILLS

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established

No Way bro....I think Willis would put up big numbers for sure...But the majority of LJ's yards came after the contact....LJ once he plows through those holes makes it happen on his own..dude is the 2nd coming of Jim Brown

ICEBERG

Awards
McGahee or LJ- do you want a battering ram like an Earl Campbell or a shifty, quick, with explosive bursts like a Curtis Martin? Longevity goes to smaller and quicker RB but in this era of the NFL- players are quicker, stronger, and the results are punishing.
There are no more Jim Browns, or Walter Paytons out there. Most drafted college RB's are pressed immediately into a prime role and by the time pay day comes around they have a lot of wear and tear on them. Look at the Edge- he is now in Arizona with a huge contract and all set if he can just stay healthy and perform day in day out. No huge expectations. Survival of the fittest at its fiercest for LJ and McGahee. If I am a betting man my $$ goes on LJ because of the surrounding cast of KC. McGahee would thrive in Miami, and the NYG. It's a shame he ended up in Buffalo. Can you say- Robert Weathers?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
McGahee sure talks a lot of sh_t.

He isn't even among the top 2 Miami Alumni at Runningback. Yes, Edge James and Portis are 'better'. I'd go so far as to say that Davenport could be as good as well (nobody will agree with me here, that's fine though :D). I think Gore will be a good back. Sorry Miami loyalists, McGahee is not an elite runningback at this point. I'm not saying that the Hurricane alums aren't legit players.. obviously they are.

It's just that there is a class of Legit Stars: Ed Reed, Edge James, Santana Moss, Clinton Portis, Ray Lewis, Jeremy Shockey, Jonathan Vilma (soon)

And there's the class of players that think they belong in that class and are clueless: Willis McGahee, Kellen Winslow Jr, Shaun Taylor, Bryant McKinney.

McGahee has himself as the top back in football. He's not in my top 10. Usually have to make the pro bowl to be considered a top 5-10 runningback.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
McGahee sure talks a lot of sh_t.

He isn't even among the top 2 Miami Alumni at Runningback. Yes, Edge James and Portis are 'better'. I'd go so far as to say that Davenport could be as good as well (nobody will agree with me here, that's fine though :D). I think Gore will be a good back. Sorry Miami loyalists, McGahee is not an elite runningback at this point. I'm not saying that the Hurricane alums aren't legit players.. obviously they are.

It's just that there is a class of Legit Stars: Ed Reed, Edge James, Santana Moss, Clinton Portis, Ray Lewis, Jeremy Shockey, Jonathan Vilma (soon)

And there's the class of players that think they belong in that class and are clueless: Willis McGahee, Kellen Winslow Jr, Shaun Taylor, Bryant McKinney.

McGahee has himself as the top back in football. He's not in my top 10. Usually have to make the pro bowl to be considered a top 5-10 runningback.
:goodpost:

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established

Well I agree kind of. First off Vilma is already a legit LB and DJ Williams is the soon pick. I would say Taylor will be good if he can stay away from his off field troubles. But enough about that, McGahee is a good back. He just doesnt get as much recognition because his team sucks. He does talk way too much for being on a bad team. I would put him in the late top 10 if not just outside the top 10 in RB. He is solid and would take him anyday.

On another topic, Najeh Davenport. He is the man, only because of the story about what he did to his gf at the U. Please tell me I am not the only one who knows what happened. And if you don't, Najeh got into an arguement with his girl and ended up taking a duece in her closet. That is an all time great story. Cmon who would seriously do that?!?!??!?!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
And if you don't, Najeh got into an arguement with his girl and ended up taking a duece in her closet. That is an all time great story. Cmon who would seriously do that?!?!??!?!
hahah, only a raw talent would do that.
Only the girl wasn't his girlfriend (I don't think) it was a random girl who awoke to find him using her laundry basket as a toilet. Davenport later said he didn't know what happened and was trying to find out what the story was.

Raw

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
as a fair weather redskins' fan, I'll say that Shaun Taylor is lazy and that will keep him from being an elite player - off.the.field incidents aside. He won't have the impact that Ed Reed has simply because he does not play hard every Sunday. To be fair, it is still early in his career.

As for Kellen Winslow II, he'll be about as good as Miami Alum - Jerem... No, Bubba Franks. Decent player, hardly worth a top pick.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
hahah, only a raw talent would do that.
Only the girl wasn't his girlfriend (I don't think) it was a random girl who awoke to find him using her laundry basket as a toilet. Davenport later said he didn't know what happened and was trying to find out what the story was.

Raw
Haha still one of the best stories I have ever heard. Along with the 7th Floor Crew, the U knows how to have fun.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
forced me to do research...
McGahee averaged 77.9 yards per game and 3.8 Yards per carry with 5TDs. His longest run was 27Yards.

His average yards per game was less than Willie Parker who platooned with Bettis. He had only 4 runs of 20 or more yards on 325carries. Hardly impressive when you compared that Thomas Jones' 12 runs of 20+ yards against often against 8 men in the box on an equally one-dimensional team.

His numbers compare better to Reuben Droughns than to Clinton Portis.

McGahee: 1247yards, 3.8avg, 5TDs, 4runs of 20+ yards
Droughns: 1232yards, 4.0avg, 2TDs, 7runs of 20+ yards
Portis: 1516yards, 4.3TDs, 11TDs, 6runs of 20+ yards

The argument of lets put McGahee on the Redskins is no better than lets put Droughns on the Redskins... I don't see a game breaker here, or an argument for McGahee other than he faces the Patriots 2 times a year.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
forced me to do research...
McGahee averaged 77.9 yards per game and 3.8 Yards per carry with 5TDs. His longest run was 27Yards.

His average yards per game was less than Willie Parker who platooned with Bettis. He had only 4 runs of 20 or more yards on 325carries. Hardly impressive when you compared that Thomas Jones' 12 runs of 20+ yards against often against 8 men in the box on an equally one-dimensional team.

His numbers compare better to Reuben Droughns than to Clinton Portis.

McGahee: 1247yards, 3.8avg, 5TDs, 4runs of 20+ yards
Droughns: 1232yards, 4.0avg, 2TDs, 7runs of 20+ yards
Portis: 1516yards, 4.3TDs, 11TDs, 6runs of 20+ yards

The argument of lets put McGahee on the Redskins is no better than lets put Droughns on the Redskins... I don't see a game breaker here, or an argument for McGahee other than he faces the Patriots 2 times a year.
Very nice research, but I would take McGahee anyday over Droughns. You can say that Droughns was also keyed on by teh defense because we all know Dilfer and Frye are not accomplished passers. Either way coming back from that knee injury, and he is only in his 3rd full season(he didnt play his first year). He is not in Portis' league, but he has the ability to be IMO. To put this all to a rest, LaDanian Tomlinson is the #1 RB anyday of the week. He is the complete back, no arguement. LJ and Portis might out rush him, but talk to me when they are half as good as a pass catcher as LT. If they give LT the ball more like they should, SD is going to be a strong force in that tough AFC West.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't try to agrue Droughns over McGahee, but I believe McGahee is closer to Droughns than to Portis right now.
McGahee warranted a first round pick while Droughns will simply be a journeyman at best.

There are plenty of good backs in McGahee's league: Kevin Jones, Julius Jones, Cadallic Williams. These guys, like McGahee, are young promising backs who aren't top backs yet.

Rudi Johnson, Brian Westbrook and Thomas Jones are ahead of McGahee in my book. But he is just below them but ahead of that loser Stephen Jackson.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Lotta Miami points here.

Naturally - I'll comment.

First off - you gotta remember that McGahee is only now 2+ years removed from the knee injury.
It takes folks 2 years to recover - look at Edge.
We'll see what he does in year 3.

His QB sucks major balls - my balls.
They might as well have Beelz out there at QB - or some other big dumb animal.

A defense playing the Bills has no reason to respect the pass. Load up 8 in the box - fine.

As far as Miami RB's - McGahee had THE most TD's in U history. He hasn't done it in the NFL - but he had the most dyanamic full season we've ever seen.
He didn't get 2 years as starting RB to show what he could do in college - but Edge and Portis did.

I mean - whatever.

Totally disagree on KWII - yeah, he's done some bone-headed things. But - the dude has heart.
Hardly worth a top pick?

Ha.

We'll see what he does this year - first back from the knee injury.

Dude is a f*cking baller though. Plain and simple.
Ever seen the 2003 West Virginia - Miami game???
Dude saved the game for us by making a twisting, falling down catch on 4th and 10 for 20 yards.
Then - there was the Fiasco Bowl...but I refuse to discuss that "event".

He had bad luck his first year - and then stupidity on a motorcycle his second year.

I agree with you on SEAN Taylor. He's gotta get his mind right.
He's not the leader that Reed was. But - he's got more physical talent.
Cot damn freak.
He just needs to get his f*cking head on straight...

Whole lotta Cane players missing from the above lists.
;)

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
I agree 100%. That said, where would you rank LJ among current players? I always saw him as a far more talented and athletic Stephen Jackson, but as a KC fan, his attitude worries me.

I wouldn't try to agrue Droughns over McGahee, but I believe McGahee is closer to Droughns than to Portis right now.
McGahee warranted a first round pick while Droughns will simply be a journeyman at best.

There are plenty of good backs in McGahee's league: Kevin Jones, Julius Jones, Cadallic Williams. These guys, like McGahee, are young promising backs who aren't top backs yet.

Rudi Johnson, Brian Westbrook and Thomas Jones are ahead of McGahee in my book. But he is just below them but ahead of that loser Stephen Jackson.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'd take Steven Jackson anyday over Willis...I think with Mike Martz and his Pass Happy offense outta St. Louis that Jackson will shine this year...Also Faulk is but pretty much done..Jackson will be knocking on the door of top 5 RB

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I agree 100%. That said, where would you rank LJ among current players? I always saw him as a far more talented and athletic Stephen Jackson, but as a KC fan, his attitude worries me.
Larry Johnson is honestly Priest Holmes when healthy. Not just for fantasy purposes - but in all facets. Priest is lights out at the goalline - Johnson will improve there, that said JL is top 4. At best number 2 - at worst number 4.

Tomlinson, Johnson/Holmes, Alexander, Barber.
or
Tomlinson, Barber, Alexander, Johnson/Holmes

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
I'd take Steven Jackson anyday over Willis...I think with Mike Martz and his Pass Happy offense outta St. Louis that Jackson will shine this year...Also Faulk is but pretty much done..Jackson will be knocking on the door of top 5 RB
Yah I agree, I love Steven Jackson, have watched him in his years at Oregon State. He is a great back, but in an offense that loves to keep it in the air. Jackson has the speed and the power, hopefully he can finally be a feature back and get the carries he needs to show off his talent.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'm feeling a "show yourself" thread sometime in the next year or 2...
Lotta folks gonna have to show their ugly mugs 'round herrre.
:fool2:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
We'll agree to disagree on Stephen Jackson for now.. If he shows us something than I'll take it back for sure :D. The job was pretty much his to lose for the past few seasons but he has still split with Marshall Marshall.. that's no disrespect to Faulk though, in his day he was basically Shaq (ignore size difference).

in defense of Jackson and also Faulk, Martz is a 'predictable' unpredictable idiot. Rather than simply handing the ball off to Faulk he set up a complicated screen, for example, that involved play action, TE end-around and 2 Recievers cut back-blocking, Orlando Pace fake pass blocking... my point is, Martz refuses to keep it simple and thereby does not let the players simply play.

I'm not sold that he or Norv Turner is an offensive genius by any means. They are stubborn arrogant idiots that draw up plays that might work in 7 x 7 football, but not in the THE LEAGUE. What ever happened to running the ball up the middle? or running a 5 yard out?

random question: What do you guys think of Phillip Rivers?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Yah I agree, I love Steven Jackson, have watched him in his years at Oregon State. He is a great back, but in an offense that loves to keep it in the air. Jackson has the speed and the power, hopefully he can finally be a feature back and get the carries he needs to show off his talent.
I think I just hate the PAC-10. It's just been a trend that the players come into the league as top picks and you come to see that they are so far behind the other draftees. The game is so much faster. Quarterbacks especially.. exhibit A: Kyle Boller. CRAP-10 defenses are about as good SoCon D1-AA defenses. In the Rose Bowl, that included USC (although I like them)

edit: again, what do we think of that Phillip Rivers guy..?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
lastly, I think the biggest disappointment of '07 will be the Jacksonville Jaguars. I'm talking about they are going to horrible. The loss of Jimmy Smith is huge. Especially when the replacement is Reggie Williams who shouldn't even be in the league. Years ago, the wideouts were McCardell and Smith - two of the best recievers in the past 10 years. Now it's Williams and Matt Jones (i guess?). Jones is good but he is more of a slot guy and Williams is garbage. Leftwhich (check spelling) is average and really has no upside whatsoever. More and more you guys will see he is a ball control quarterback - not a playmaker.

Jack Del Rio was a really 'trendy-cool' coach the past 2-3 season, but if you've ever watched a Jaguars game - he has absolutely no idea how to call plays in the red zone. No runningback will have more than 5 TDs with Del Rio as the coach.

Jags, yet I like them, will be pathetic this year.

tplant

Awards
I think I just hate the PAC-10. It's just been a trend that the players come into the league as top picks and you come to see that they are so far behind the other draftees. The game is so much faster. Quarterbacks especially.. exhibit A: Kyle Boller. CRAP-10 defenses are about as good SoCon D1-AA defenses. In the Rose Bowl, that included USC (although I like them)

edit: again, what do we think of that Phillip Rivers guy..?
Im iffy on Boller. Obviously he has sucked for most of his career but towards the end of last season he began to look like a legit NFL quarterback. As for rivers I loved him in college and thought that he should have been the #1 pick that year. I think he will be good for san diego mostly due to the LT and gates duo. teams will always have to attempt to stop the run so he should get some good looks and whenever he needs to just throw the ball up gates is one of the best at bringing them down. I like San diego's chances this year although once again they didn't make any significant changes in the off season which is dumb considering they have a lot of cap space.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Boller had shown improvement but it was against the likes of the Greenbay Packers defense. Maybe it's Billick's fault. 8 quarterbacks, 7 complete failures - is it?

The best one, Trent Dilfer, wasn't good enough to make the team the following year. Such nonsense.

I really think McNair could help Baltimore a lot, assume an above average running game from JaLewis. Steve can't run too well but he still understands the game and can convert on 3rd downs. He and Derrick Mason were pretty unstoppable a few years ago. He is still better than Elvis Grbac ever was.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Two other 'examples' of why the PAC10 "Quarterbacks" should be avoided on draft day 1, with the exception of Southern Cal: Akili Smith, Cade McNown

yuck..

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think Rivers will have his coming out party this season...With LT and Gates at ur disposal...I see a situation similar to Carson Palmer when he sat back and watched John Kitna...Rivers is a smart dude from what I hear he really understands the playbook and how to read the D's..I think he will be good...Boller sucks...enough said.....I've read local Bloggers from Baltimore saying that Mason and McNair are looking very smooth togethor...I think if Matt Jones is used the right way he can Dominate...Del Rio has him watching alot of film on Randy Moss and his Jump Ball catches..I think Jones could bust out hard..Reggie Williams sucks ass...I think he is the 3rd wideout and Ernest Wilford is 2nd

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
I think Rivers will have his coming out party this season...With LT and Gates at ur disposal...I see a situation similar to Carson Palmer when he sat back and watched John Kitna...Rivers is a smart dude from what I hear he really understands the playbook and how to read the D's..I think he will be good...Boller sucks...enough said.....I've read local Bloggers from Baltimore saying that Mason and McNair are looking very smooth togethor...I think if Matt Jones is used the right way he can Dominate...Del Rio has him watching alot of film on Randy Moss and his Jump Ball catches..I think Jones could bust out hard..Reggie Williams sucks ass...I think he is the 3rd wideout and Ernest Wilford is 2nd
Yeah Boller is terrible, and McNair probably will start. Jones is amazing, Williams might be a decent #2 in the future, he sure is big enough. I am just hoping what I hear about Rivers is true. I liked him in college and now I hope he continues with even more success.

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
watch out for the Caddy!! Williams is going to make a difference in a huge way this year!!

tplant

Awards
Agreed on Rivers. also remember Kennan Mcardel is perfect for a young QB as he is still one of the games best pure posession receivers. Yeah matt Jones could be an absolute animal with that height and athletisicsm. Also the guy has amazing hands, plus he dominated in my pats madden franchise last year. :D

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sold that he or Norv Turner is an offensive genius by any means. They are stubborn arrogant idiots that draw up plays that might work in 7 x 7 football, but not in the THE LEAGUE. What ever happened to running the ball up the middle? or running a 5 yard out?

random question: What do you guys think of Phillip Rivers?
It's always a mystery with guys who have not played in 2 years but I do think sitting for 2 years and learning from Brees helps. He'll be a decent QB at worst. At best, I'd expect 3,600 yds 28 TD's and a rating of 90. He has a nice supporting cast too so it'll be tough to be bad with that talent anyways.

As far as Norv Turner, I gotta agree 1000000%, the man made a living off of Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Jay Novacek, Michael Irvin, and those animals on the O-Line. He didn't do jack sh!t in Oakland and was a disappointment in Washington. His stint in Miami was solid but nothing to brag about. I hope he doesn't set back Alex Smith and the 49ers even further since he'll have full control on the offense. Surprisingly, I think he's a step above Mike McCarthy who I think sucked major balls last year for the 49ers.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Alright IW - we be warrin' on Alex Smith.

Well - not really.
I'm not quite of the opinion that Turner can ruin him - I think lack of success could.

I'm getting sick thinking about how bad the Niners could be this year.
I really wanna see Vernon Davis.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Davis will get 800 yards at best. But everytime he makes a catch NFL Live will explain to us why he is so valuable. They'll do this for the next 3 years regardless of the 49ers record.
I'd like to see him too, but probably on another team :D

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Davis will get 800 yards at best. But everytime he makes a catch NFL Live will explain to us why he is so valuable. They'll do this for the next 3 years regardless of the 49ers record.
I'd like to see him too, but probably on another team :D
:nutkick: evryone will want to be a 49er 3 years from, just like in the 80's & 90's

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'm not quite of the opinion that Turner can ruin him - I think lack of success could.
LOL you're right about that, if you're a good player then the coaches shouldn't make or brake you.

Sea223

Awards
  • Established
:nutkick: evryone will want to be a 49er 3 years from, just like in the 80's & 90's
BWAH ha ha ha:nono: not so fast- 9er's have to play the Frickin Seahawks twice a year. Guaranteed two losses there for ya brother. Oh well- Just don't see that happening that fast. :box: to the Seahawks~!!!:woohoo:

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
we'll see how Seattle holds up on that O-Line with no Hutchison....Dunno if It was Walter Jones or if Hutch was the real deal

Sea223

Awards
  • Established
we'll see how Seattle holds up on that O-Line with no Hutchison....Dunno if It was Walter Jones or if Hutch was the real deal
It wasn't even just those two.....Robbie Tobeck went to the Pro Bowl as well, and Chris Gray was solid as well as Sean Locklear proving that he's the real deal. Porkchop Womack provides solid depth at either guard or tackle, and that's just to name a few.:dance:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Seattle played the softest run defenses in league history during the regular season. Jones and Hutchinson are legit. Jones showed nothing in the superbowl though and neither did Alexander. Alexander would get up off the ground slowly and walk back to the huddle with he head down. I don't know why I'm even considering Alexander top 3.

Hasselbeck was the only player who seemed to realize they were in the superbowl. He is a very good player.

If Seattle is counting on Jeremy Stevens to help run blocking on the strong side, they are out of their mind. He is pathetic and probably should be low on the depth chart in Europe

Sea223

Awards
  • Established
Seattle played the softest run defenses in league history during the regular season. Jones and Hutchinson are legit. Jones showed nothing in the superbowl though and neither did Alexander. Alexander would get up off the ground slowly and walk back to the huddle with he head down. I don't know why I'm even considering Alexander top 3.

Hasselbeck was the only player who seemed to realize they were in the superbowl. He is a very good player.

If Seattle is counting on Jeremy Stevens to help run blocking on the strong side, they are out of their mind. He is pathetic and probably should be low on the depth chart in Europe
I agree with most of that....Jerramy Stevens played like absolute ****e in the Super Bowl. Last season/ during the regular season he played pretty well. I def. like him for receiving yards across the middle at 6'7" 260. We'll just have to see what the upcoming season as in store.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
hahah, let it be known that I enrolled at Florida in Fall of 2005. All previous history of The Gators wasn't under my watch so to speak. When the Urban Meyer era began, so did the CED era in the blue and orange. 2002? that Zook guy was coaching?

Miami can't reload anymore, it's rebuilding these days. We shall see how things play out when that other Northern Florida school hosts Miami. I'm actually going to pull for Miami, but I look for FSU to win another sloppy game.

ok no more of this, it's the nfl forum :)

BMW

Awards
  • Established
i cant believe no one said anything about my team :( thats ok afc east is ours anyways.