NFL 07 Predictions

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Dude - July and most of Aug suck major balls.

I'm readying myself for another season of major disappointment IW....
I think if Smith doesn't have a good year - he just might be done for quite awhile. I don't think he's got it mentally to have another year like last year.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Dude - July and most of Aug suck major balls.

I'm readying myself for another season of major disappointment IW....
I think if Smith doesn't have a good year - he just might be done for quite awhile. I don't think he's got it mentally to have another year like last year.
If he at least shows substantial improvement I'll be happy. He's got a better O-Line, a stable running back, better receivers (If Vernon Davis lives up to the hype, otherwise thank god we have Eric Johnson) so he really can't afford to screw up badly, the guy is only 21-22 so at this point I'll be happy to see some improvement. If they go 6-10 consider it a play-off year :D

I second your thoughts on July-August sucking. If we could clone the chick in your avatar so we could all have replica then maybe July-August would be more enjoyable LOL

Spartan117

Awards
MVP: kurt Warner(that's right)
O ROY: reggie Bush or kellen Clemens if he winds up starting
D ROY: Michael huff

AFC Champs: Pats
NFC Champs: Panthers

Did you really say that Hurt Warner is going to be the MVP. Thats great man.:)

tplant

Awards
Did you really say that Hurt Warner is going to be the MVP. Thats great man.:)
haha he proved last year he can still play and after adding edge and pope I think he has a legit shot. Also Espn's "experts" picked the panthers-pats

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yes - but then we'd never watch football. We'd be starting at her hooters....

Agreed on 6-10 being a playoff year.
Oh, how the might have fallen!

I just don't think Smith is mentally tough enough to weather another really bad year. I think he'll disappear (maybe permanently - maybe Jake Delhomme come back in 10 years and be decent) with another 2 or 3 win season.

Bull Mkt

Awards
MVP: Ladanian Tomlinson

ROY (offense): Vernon Davis
ROY (defense): AJ Hawk

NFC Champs: Carolina
AFC Champs: Chargers

Superbowl Champs: Chargers

Surprise Team: Redskins

Breakout Player: Chris Simms

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
MVP: Ladanian Tomlinson

ROY (offense): Vernon Davis
ROY (defense): AJ Hawk

NFC Champs: Carolina
AFC Champs: Chargers

Superbowl Champs: Chargers

Surprise Team: Redskins

Breakout Player: Chris Simms
Your the man. I thought I was the only Chargers fan here, but sadly I dont see Rivers leading them that far. Only thing I dont like is Redskins(cant stand them) and Hawk(cant stand ohio state). And I wouldnt say the Redskins as being a surprise, they did win a playoff game last year. And I would not be surprised to see them choke either. But San Diego!!!!! LT is the man, been watching him since he was at TCU. 406 yards against SMU, still the record.

Bull Mkt

Awards
Your the man. I thought I was the only Chargers fan here, but sadly I dont see Rivers leading them that far. Only thing I dont like is Redskins(cant stand them) and Hawk(cant stand ohio state). And I wouldnt say the Redskins as being a surprise, they did win a playoff game last year. And I would not be surprised to see them choke either. But San Diego!!!!! LT is the man, been watching him since he was at TCU. 406 yards against SMU, still the record.
What makes LT special is that he is one of the most humblest guys in the league. Never puts himself over the team...I can't think of a single interview where he doesn't acknowledge his O-line or QB or any teammates for that matter. As far as AJ Hawk...HE will be the ROY (defense)...you saw it here first...he's got great instincts (BTW, I'm not a Buckeyes fan either). As far as Rivers, I can only drop to my knees and pray (as a season ticket holder, I'm very concerned).

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LT is my fav RB....Skillz wise he's the best in the League....But Defenses are gonna key in on him this year and make Rivers beat em downfield....So I dunno about LT being MVP...Larry Johnson is gonna break Eric ****ersons record this year if he stays free from any injuries...I think that would put him as a MVP canidate

Bull Mkt

Awards
LT is my fav RB....Skillz wise he's the best in the League....But Defenses are gonna key in on him this year and make Rivers beat em downfield....So I dunno about LT being MVP...Larry Johnson is gonna break Eric ****ersons record this year if he stays free from any injuries...I think that would put him as a MVP canidate
I'll have to agree. Rivers needs to break out early in the season with some downfield plays or LT is not gonna see much daylight. Larry Johnson would definitely be my first pick in any fantasy league...the guys a beast.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Yes - but then we'd never watch football. We'd be starting at her hooters....

Agreed on 6-10 being a playoff year.
Oh, how the might have fallen!
Yeah, they fell really hard. Their dynasty ended the moment Steve Young laid unconscious after that blow from Aneas Williams. Jeff Garcia gave us 2 good years, but he clearly wasn't going to take them to the Super Bowl without a lot more help. I really wanted Braylon Edwards or Ronnie Brown since I thought Smith was largely a product of Urban Meyer's system. Me thinks the 49ers don't get back to the top unless there are some drastic changes in ownership and front office. John York seems to concerned with getting "character guys" instead of guys who know football and can play the game. I'm not saying character is not important, but you need talent in order to win. They've had too many first round busts because they chose guys with character over guys with talent.

On the plus side, at least our vision is good enough to enjoy looking at her hooters :D

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to agree. Rivers needs to break out early in the season with some downfield plays or LT is not gonna see much daylight. Larry Johnson would definitely be my first pick in any fantasy league...the guys a beast.
Ill take LT, more recieving yards out of the backfield. Plus, Rivers has Gates as a safety route everytime, so you know Rivers wont be awful like Smith was. Smith didnt have anything except Branden Lloyds amazing catches.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
They've had too many first round busts because they chose guys with character over guys with talent.
Remember Jim Druckenmiller??? haha always a classic name along with a classic bust.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah - what Niner fan could forget him.

I was intimately familiar with him being a huge Cane fan - KNEW that was a bad idea....

BUT - we are not worse than the Jets or Giants (or Colts for that matter - Trev Alberts??? At least Druk was #16...)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Remember Jim Druckenmiller??? haha always a classic name along with a classic bust.
But the guy could move a car :lol:

Everyone also seemed to call him Drunkenmiller too :rofl:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Ill take LT, more recieving yards out of the backfield. Plus, Rivers has Gates as a safety route everytime, so you know Rivers wont be awful like Smith was. Smith didnt have anything except Branden Lloyds amazing catches.
Rivers should do good. He has LT, Gates, solid and underrated receivers, a killer defense, and a better O-Line. he also has one more year under his belt then Smith.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
MVP: Tom Brady
ROY(offense): Vernon Davis or Reggie Bush
ROY(Defense):Mario Williams or Michael Huff

NFC Champs: NY Giants
AFC Champs: New England

Super Bowl Champs: New England

Surprise Team: Green Bay Packers

Breakout Player: Frank Gore, Chris Simms, Cedric Benson, Phillip Rivers.

BTW, I know Alex Smith didn't look good, but how many 21 year old rookie QB's come in and and make a 2-14 franchise into a Super Bowl contender overnight ? They may be even worse this year with the losses of Andre Carter, Ahmed Plummer, and Julian Peterson. They filled those spots with rookies or special teams players for crying out loud. Manny Lawson replacing Andre Carter is the only spot where they seemed to have taken a calculated risk but the others are pretty pathetic. They should have also traded Eric Johnson, he has decent trade value and is now a backup because they drafted Vernon Davis. If they were actually doing their homework they could have traded Johnson and another draft pick for Deuce McAllister or Javon Walker.

:goodpost: :goodpost:

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
But the guy could move a car :lol:

Everyone also seemed to call him Drunkenmiller too :rofl:
hahah I actually typed Drunkenmiller but then looked at it and thought it was drucken, otherwise I know I would have to mention him a lot more. With a name like Drunkenmiller how would you not be a star.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Rivers should do good. He has LT, Gates, solid and underrated receivers, a killer defense, and a better O-Line. he also has one more year under his belt then Smith.

Oh, how you underate the superbowl champion Broncos:D

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Oh, how you underate the superbowl champion Broncos:D
How could I forget about the Ponys :D They'll do good in the AFC West for sure. Shannahan seems to have everyone's number in that division. The Chargers are gonna be taking a few steps back with the loss of Brees, the Raiders. . . we'll they're the Raiders :lol: , the Chiefs are your biggest threat but they lack the killer instinct (and talent) on defense and I'm not sold on their receivers. God help the Chiefs if either Johnson or Gonzalez get hurt. Your Ponys shouldn't need more then 11 wins to wrap up the division crown. When they run into Indy or Pitt then the ride may be over.

BTW, what's up with Ashly Lelie ? I think the 49ers and Broncos would benefit each other with a straight trade of Eric Johnson for Ashly Lelie. You guys need a tight end and need a receiver. What do you think about that possibility ?

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
yall are crazy!!! Pittsburgh still has the best team in the AFC. ---Tampa all the WAY!!

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
How could I forget about the Ponys :D They'll do good in the AFC West for sure. Shannahan seems to have everyone's number in that division. The Chargers are gonna be taking a few steps back with the loss of Brees, the Raiders. . . we'll they're the Raiders :lol: , the Chiefs are your biggest threat but they lack the killer instinct (and talent) on defense and I'm not sold on their receivers. God help the Chiefs if either Johnson or Gonzalez get hurt. Your Ponys shouldn't need more then 11 wins to wrap up the division crown. When they run into Indy or Pitt then the ride may be over.

BTW, what's up with Ashly Lelie ? I think the 49ers and Broncos would benefit each other with a straight trade of Eric Johnson for Ashly Lelie. You guys need a tight end and need a receiver. What do you think about that possibility ?

You can have Lelie. Wants to be a #1 receiver, has the great Rod Smith to learn under, yet doesn't want to earn it, he just wants it given to him. We need a tight end, our receiving core is just fine with the addition of Javon Walker and the much improved Darius Watts.

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
all this football talk is depressing me!! LETS GET TO THE KICKOFF!!

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lelie sucks....he's nothing more then an Average deep threat Wideout.....Eric Johnson is Mr Injury Prone so I dont see the Broncos ****in with him.....Chiefs will own that Divison this year....my Boy Larry Johnson is gonna break ****erson's record this year

ICEBERG

Awards
AFC Champion- New England
NFC Champion- Carolina Panthers
SB Champ- Patriots
Surprise Team- Titans
Most Disappointing- Dallas Cowboys

All the talk in the NFL surrounds the Colts and Steelers in the AFC and Dallas and Seahawks in the NFC. Indy had its chance last year with homefield and still found a way to blow it. Face the facts Peyton Manning cannot win the big game. Indy has lost Edgerrin James and their defense is average at best. Pittsburgh more than likely sent Denver a huge thank-you card for beating NE in the playoffs last year. Pittsburgh wanted no part of a confident NE team at Gillette. New England will return to where it belongs as the TOP TEAM of the NFL as they win their fourth SB in 6 years. As for the NFC all the hype surrounds the acquisition of the NFL's biggest resident jerk-Terrell Owens who is now a Dallas Cowboy. I wonder how long before he becomes a distraction there and destroys that team. Carolina will return to the SB after a 2 year respite but they will have to hold off the NY Giants, and Atlanta Falcons in the play-offs. I have a hunch that Michael Vick will be benched in favor of Matt Shaub who just "gets it" when it comes to competing in the NFL.
Additionally, the Falcons have shored up their defense with Lawyer Milloy and John Abraham and these guys will provide much needed leadership for a defense that allowed opposing teams to score fairly easily in 2005. Lastly, Denver fans - when your #1 QB is Jake Plummer your hopes of a Championship are quickly reduced. Jake waited until the AFC Championship to choke and finally play like everybody expected him to. Denver was lucky to get by New England and really was outplayed and at every level by Pittsburgh. Losing Mike Anderson is huge and a bad decision. But hey, you got Ron Dayne- another overrated player who is worth a drop of piss.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Lelie sucks....he's nothing more then an Average deep threat Wideout.....Eric Johnson is Mr Injury Prone so I dont see the Broncos ****in with him.....Chiefs will own that Divison this year....my Boy Larry Johnson is gonna break ****erson's record this year

Put the crack pipe down. You don't have a defense.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
there is no way in abosolute hell that Michael Vick is ever benched for Shaub lol Vick is gonna take this team deep into the Playoffs on his wheels of steal homie....KC's defense is good enough...Herm Edwards will make them a better team..

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
You wouldn't happen to be going to the Thanksgiving game between Denver and KC, oswizzle?

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm down if u can hook me up with a First Class Tickets from Los Angeles to where ever its at...:thumbsup:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
there is no way in abosolute hell that Michael Vick is ever benched for Shaub lol Vick is gonna take this team deep into the Playoffs on his wheels of steal homie....KC's defense is good enough...Herm Edwards will make them a better team..
I'm beginning to have my doubts about Vick, if he can't become an efficient passer then how the hell is supposed to lead his team from behind on the road in the play-offs ? The guy is solid as long as the Falcons keep the games close. IMO you can't be considered a great QB until you prove you can lead your team from behind and put the fear of God into DB's

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Herm will help but they need a lot more then Herm on defense.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
He's still better then Arnaz Battle and we would get rid of Johnson's contract, I think it's a reasonable risk for both teams

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
AFC Champion- New England
NFC Champion- Carolina Panthers
SB Champ- Patriots
Surprise Team- Titans
Most Disappointing- Dallas Cowboys
Not bad, we have similar views. God I hate the fvcking Cowboys and TO. I hope TO embarasses himself even more after the Cowgirls are exposed.

Spartan117

Awards
Vick doesn't do anything Randal Cunninham didn't do and neither one of them won. You gotta be able to pass in the NFL.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think if Atlanta can have Home field advantage in the playoffs then they make some noise...my boy has gone up against Vick in the Playoffs in 04 St Louis vs Falcons and he said Vick was the fastest guy he's even seen...Vick outdoors blows a big one though

gabe522k3

Awards
Its all about them ravens!!!!! that right Ray Lew and his bad boys!

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
But hey, you got Ron Dayne- another overrated player who is worth a drop of piss.
I wouldn't call any RB Denver has worth a drop of piss, since that line and that offense can make a drop of piss have a 1000 yard season easily. It has been shown of the years, no matter who it is, they are succesful in Denver. So I wouldn't count out that running game ever, and Plummer, well we all know the best QB in the draft will take the reigns next year and let this team finally win.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
They should let Tatum Bell be the starting RB.....if he got 20+ carries a game he'd put it down.....

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
ESPN has made Carolina the trendiest team in the League.
Not a Vick fan, but Atlanta is going to show up this year

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't call any RB Denver has worth a drop of piss, since that line and that offense can make a drop of piss have a 1000 yard season easily. It has been shown of the years, no matter who it is, they are succesful in Denver. So I wouldn't count out that running game ever, and Plummer, well we all know the best QB in the draft will take the reigns next year and let this team finally win.
Bell should be very good, I'm upset LenDale White didn't end up there. They proved that losing Clinton Portis wasn't a big deal.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Its all about them ravens!!!!! that right Ray Lew and his bad boys!
I hope so. I hope Air McSteve can make a few plays and Derrick Mason resurfaces. They will push the Steelers if the what-ifs pan out.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established

Plummer is just fine. He had his best year last year and led his team to the AFC championship game. He wasn't the only reason we lost. He is the leader of that team(along with Rod Smith, Al Wilson and John Lynch, but they defer to him) and they believe in him. Plummer has done nothing but win since coming to Denver and has made the playoffs every year. Why everyone puts him down just because of his years in Arizona is beyond me. Cutler's on the bench for the foreseeable future IMO.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The Ravens will be tight this year too....If Jamal Lewis gets it going again....Ed Reed healthy......Ray Ray healthy.....If Ogden can back to form they will make some noise in the AFC

Yagman

Yagman

Board Supporter
Awards
Huff is not better than Whitner. If the Bills had a quaterback, they'd be in the superbowl. I'm prayin on Losman.

ICEBERG

Awards
Buffalo? In the Super Bowl? Are you smoking crack? Buffalo is in the same boat as the Jets. Rebuilding mode. One player does not make a Champion. It all starts with coaching and leadership 2 things Buffalo does not have. At best Bills go 8-8, 7-9, and look forward to draft 2007 when they can rebuild the right way. Bledsoe, Milloy, Spikes, and the other high priced players brought aboard in 2003 proved to be bad investments. McGahee has been told he will be relied upon even more this season. That spells injury and Losman will be a sitting duck.

ICEBERG

Awards
he Ravens will be tight this year too....If Jamal Lewis gets it going again....Ed Reed healthy......Ray Ray healthy.....If Ogden can back to form they will make some noise in the AFC.
I agree in fact I overlooked the Ravens and they could return to the playoffs this year. McNair is a warrior and he has a few good more seasons left in the tank. He makes the Ravens a very scary opponent in the AFC North. He will bring exactly what the Ravens need to be successful in the passing game and give the running attack some room to build and grow again. Kyle Boller has been awful and opposing teams have eaten him alive. Ray Lewis can still bring the pain and Ed Reed back healthy is huge. My only reservation is that last year all you heard was that the 46 defense was being revamped and implemented in the Ravens defense so that Lewis and the defense could fly around and make big plays- be more aggressive than counteractive. Well, the Ravens were horrible and they had a fogettable season. When they are clicking on all cylinders- they are as good as anybody and in 2003-2004 during the AFC Playoffs- as a Patriots fan I feared them.