New exciting Compound--Testers Needed!

ryano

Awards
  • Established
I remember when the the whole melting point thing was first coming out....not dissing anyone .... but geez they made it out to be some kind of "wonder drug" that was going to change the world....still an effective supp..but enough hype.
Dont need it. Results speak for themselves no need to announce in my opinion until the betas are ready to roll.

These guys having proven themselves over and over again consistantely some I am pretty excited...dont let me down fellas!

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Avant Labs Forums - Avant Labs Supplements & Scientific Discussion

Hmm kind of concerning that they speculate (maybe more than speculate, but I read it quickly) that AICAR suppresses protein synthesis.
This appears to be the trade-off for AMPk activation. It boosts fat burning significantly, but puts the breaks on the protein synthesis.

Lyle McDonald speculated about whether high-dose leucine could not 'switch off' AMPk, but at least prevent protein sysnthesis from shutting down somewhat.

HairyLarry35

Awards
I found another fantastic journal that may answer some questions, although they authors conclude that they need more research to be done in order to see what other factors could be affecting these processes.

Activation of AMPK is essential for AICAR-induced glucose uptake by skeletal muscle but not adipocytes -- Sakoda et al. 282 (6): E1239 -- AJP - Endocrinology and Metabolism

HL

EDIT: And this should futher explain the processes that occur:

"All cells must maintain a high ratio of cellular ATP:ADP to survive. Because of the adenylate kinase reaction (2ADP {leftrightarrow} ATP + AMP), AMP rises whenever the ATP:ADP ratio falls, and a high cellular ratio of AMP:ATP is a signal that the energy status of the cell is compromised. The AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) is the downstream component of a protein kinase cascade that is switched on by a rise in the AMP:ATP ratio, via a complex mechanism that results in an exquisitely sensitive system. AMPK is switched on by cellular stresses that either interfere with ATP production (e.g. hypoxia, glucose deprivation, or ischemia) or by stresses that increase ATP consumption (e.g. muscle contraction). It is also activated by hormones that act via Gq-coupled receptors, and by leptin and adiponectin, via mechanisms that remain unclear. Once activated, the system switches on catabolic pathways that generate ATP, while switching off ATP-consuming processes that are not essential for short-term cell survival, such as the synthesis of lipids, carbohydrates, and proteins. The AMPK cascade is the probable target for the antidiabetic drug metformin, and current indications are that it is responsible for many of the beneficial effects of exercise in the treatment and prevention of type 2 diabetes and the metabolic syndrome."

And med corps are not all over this like a rash? Cool if you've found something like this.

Is it one of the thiazolidinediones? Maybe pioglitazone or something similar?

Actually Robboe they are all over it but that industry always wants to modify the compound into a drug. Most drugs start off as natural compounds.

In USPlabs style Everyone is Picked again but if I missed a few names just write it in. NO NEW NAMES POST IS CLOSED after my this post.

We have the research for the compound. Our main objective is to get a "FEEL" affect of the supplement. You will be testing 2 formulas.

ONLY Except if you can dedicate 2 weeks of detailed reporting followed by 2 weeks of free use. These will be 30 days logs but after 2 weeks, you may add in PREVIOUS supplements (supplements you used before do not introduce any new supplements).

jminis
jayhawkk
Mass_69
HairyLarry35
solarize
snakebyte05
Vipersg123
trailer 36
ugab37
rippedforce63
labane
johnfaceman
wideguy
pfunk47
undecipherable

I think this is a good journal supporting this supp and what Enigma is talking about. Now THIS makes it appealing!! :D

Effect of 5-Aminoimidazole-4-Carboxamide-1-{beta}-D-Ribofuranoside Infusion on In Vivo Glucose and Lipid Metabolism in Lean and Obese Zucker Rats -- Bergeron et al. 50 (5): 1076 -- Diabetes

Which basically means:

"AICAR increased glucose transport activity by approximately 2.4-fold (P < 0.05 vs. control) in the red gastrocnemius from obese rats, whereas insulin had no effect. In summary, acute infusion of AICAR in an insulin-resistant rat model activates skeletal muscle AMPK [?] and increases glucose transport activity in red gastrocnemius muscle while suppressing endogenous glucose production and lipolysis."

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh boyyyy!!
:bow28:
Why would you wan that? It decreased lipolysis!

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
In USPlabs style Everyone is Picked again but if I missed a few names just write it in. NO NEW NAMES POST IS CLOSED after my this post.

We have the research for the compound. Our main objective is to get a "FEEL" affect of the supplement. You will be testing 2 formulas.

ONLY Except if you can dedicate 2 weeks of detailed reporting followed by 2 weeks of free use. These will be 30 days logs but after 2 weeks, you may add in PREVIOUS supplements (supplements you used before do not introduce any new supplements).

jminis
jayhawkk
Mass_69
HairyLarry35
solarize
snakebyte05
Vipersg123
trailer 36
ugab37
rippedforce63
labane
johnfaceman
wideguy
pfunk47
undecipherable
I had posted an application on page 3...am I included with "everyone"?...if so, then I won't be able to test it until 5weeks or so because I am going to start an E-Bol trial very soon...perhaps a good time for a comparison?....but if not, then thanks anyhow...because I'm sure I'll be buying it when it hits shelves.

Thanks

VtecTypeR

Awards
I didnt post in this thread but I did on the one that said beta testers needed. Am I picked for this as well or this is totally different?

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
I applied on page #2 "Im in you want to risk it on me
Im on the same training style and cals as I was during my last USP log. I take in 3000cals (this is lean bulk cals for me anything more turns to fat) per day. All whole foods. Waist 34inches, Body fat around 15%, height 6feet weight 188lbs."

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff i can't wait to see the logs, good luck guys.

undecipherable

Board Supporter
Awards

jminis
jayhawkk
Mass_69
HairyLarry35
solarize
snakebyte05
Vipersg123
trailer 36
ugab37
rippedforce63
labane
johnfaceman
wideguy
pfunk47
undecipherable
Accept - Send Addy via PM? Is that the protocol?

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
How long after the testing can we expect this stuff to hit the market?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Bump can wait to try this one out. USP let us know when you want our info.

HairyLarry35

Awards
Why would you wan that? It decreased lipolysis!

My main concern isn't lipolysis supression, but increased skeletal muscle AMPK and increased glucose transport. I do believe that I have seen other studies that support an increase in lipolysis, too. I'll dig around the journals some more. Anyways, you can contact me via AIM or I can drop my E-mail address on this thread. It's up to you.

HL

sergeant

Awards
Forgot me

I posted on the first page, post #29. Am I in too? Name was not on the list.

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for choosing me as a tester USPlabs, not one of your products has let me down to this point and hopefully this new compound will do what you say in real world testing. :cheers:

My main concern isn't lipolysis supression, but increased skeletal muscle AMPK and increased glucose transport. I do believe that I have seen other studies that support an increase in lipolysis, too. I'll dig around the journals some more. Anyways, you can contact me via AIM or I can drop my E-mail address on this thread. It's up to you.

HL
Look no further than our new compound but it will increase lipolysis...Human studies to back it..

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Eh, just bottle it so I can buy it..

Vipersg123

Vipersg123

Awards
  • Established
to what email address would you like us to email you our mailing address?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Awesome!

USP, do you have a log kept by a past tester that you can point me towards (that you really liked)?

I know I'd appreciate it, and I think it may benefit you if you provide an example of what you'd like this log to look like. Might make for easier comparisons between testers.

Awesome!

USP, do you have a log kept by a past tester that you can point me towards (that you really liked)?

I know I'd appreciate it, and I think it may benefit you if you provide an example of what you'd like this log to look like. Might make for easier comparisons between testers.

I will provide a format..

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If I guess what this is and don't post it... do I win anything? Think I know it.

:head:

TSC

TheGame46

Awards
I'm bulking now after 2 weeks in, my diet is not really low carb but more low GI carbs and high dietarty fiber. its pretty clean accept maybe a cheat night out on the weekend.

Things I would still be taking, multi- bcaa, protein

HairyLarry35

Awards
USPlabs,

A few of us are interested in a contest that a few of the sponsors are throwing together (huuuuuuge prize money and a lot of free supps.... check it out anyone who knows they do NOT have a conflict!!!!!!!!)

So, I guess we wanted to know when we should be expecting this order and when we will be able to start our logs. I know I'm itching to try this great new product, but this contest seems fantastic, too!! Please let us know if you think we would be eligible for it, or not.

Here is the link:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/contests/52590-my-4000th-post.html

Thanks,
HL

Vipersg123

Vipersg123

Awards
  • Established
I still need an e-mail to give mailing info, lemme know.

Thanks

jabaha

Banned
Awards
yeah i am doing creatine right now but i am looking to lose some fat i am around 12-15% BF and i have 3500 calories a day...i am very interested in testing this product.

scrappydog

Awards
Just posting again that I'd like to be a tester
:bruce1:

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Kinda get the impression he's gonna stick with the testers he listed.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Are we supposed to PM or email address, if email, to what address?

Vipersg123

Vipersg123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah bump to previous post, could you please give us some info on who to email?

A small mistake was made booking the powder. We are recieving on wed. and Full instructions will be posted tuesday.

Hold tight

sergeant

Awards

jminis
jayhawkk
Mass_69
HairyLarry35
solarize
snakebyte05
Vipersg123
trailer 36
ugab37
rippedforce63
labane
johnfaceman
wideguy
pfunk47
SERGEANT
undecipherable
Applied on page two, just following the directions outlined above. Lots of questions from people not on the list but applied, I re-read the list and picked up on the write it in. Hope this is what you meant. If not, can't fault me for trying
:study:

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nice, looking forward to this and thankyou very much USP.

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
minis
jayhawkk
Mass_69
HairyLarry35
solarize
snakebyte05
Vipersg123
trailer 36
ugab37
rippedforce63
labane
johnfaceman
wideguy
pfunk47
SERGEANT
undecipherable
jonesboy

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
minis
jayhawkk
Mass_69
HairyLarry35
solarize
snakebyte05
Vipersg123
trailer 36
ugab37
rippedforce63
labane
johnfaceman
wideguy
pfunk47
SERGEANT
undecipherable
jonesboy
Rivet

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
minis
jayhawkk
Mass_69
HairyLarry35
solarize
snakebyte05
Vipersg123
trailer 36
ugab37
rippedforce63
labane
johnfaceman
wideguy
pfunk47
SERGEANT
undecipherable
jonesboy
Cordeen
Rivet
Bump:blink:

protomike

protomike

Awards
  • Established

jminis
jayhawkk
Mass_69
HairyLarry35
solarize
snakebyte05
Vipersg123
trailer 36
ugab37
rippedforce63
labane
johnfaceman
wideguy
pfunk47
SERGEANT
undecipherable
jonesboy
Cordeen
Rivet
protomike
...?

Quick update Sept 25 2006

Today I returned from california from a jiu jitsu competition. I tweaked by back on the first match and it was a losing cause but a great experience.

Great News is that the NEW compound cleared customs and will ship by thursday. The full intructions will be posted tomorrow!

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Quick update Sept 25 2006

Today I returned from california from a jiu jitsu competition. I tweaked by back on the first match and it was a losing cause but a great experience.

Great News is that the NEW compound cleared customs and will ship by thursday. The full intructions will be posted tomorrow!
Yay! Do you need "previous testers" to pm you shipping address again?

Rhyalus

Rhyalus

Awards
  • Established
Hello-

Any thoughts on if this product will be usable by Type II diabetics already on some version of metformin, avandia or both?

Regards,
R

Hello-

Any thoughts on if this product will be usable by Type II diabetics already on some version of metformin, avandia or both?

Regards,
R
It has been tested in type II diabetic with a 90% success rate...I will leave prescription to your doctor..

O and it out performed metformin and is not anabolic.....

Anabolic to fat that is!