natty t's trying to get back into football.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
You have such a great attitude Natty, it even rubs off on me sometimes haha!

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Just the way you're so excited to lift and how you love being in the gym and stuff and how you work hard.

I'm not dck riding Natty, just giving props

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Just the way you're so excited to lift and how you love being in the gym and stuff and how you work hard.

I'm not dck riding Natty, just giving props
no way man, don't gotta worry about all that dck riding stuff with me. I try to be a big cheerleader on here haha.

thanks man. (i really can't wait to get to the gym today, yesterdays off day was really the worst part about yesterday)

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
not lifting is always the worst part of an off day haha

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Volcom that is some dam useful info bro, gonna have to give that a try myself :D

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
it should also be mentioned since some of you were looking forward to my muscle pharm reviews that i'll be lifting with assault today instead of my normal shock therapy...
I'm nervous about this I don't like trying new preworkouts. I have a love affair with shock....

For those of you non insomniacs: Bulletproof is the real deal. I've not been able to compare it to a whole lot, but in terms of knocking me out, I'd say it's on par with my O.T.C. sleep med I have as back up.

It's not a fast hit like gaba taken sublingually which really is what i need more than anything so I probably wont' be droppin dough on it...however it is supposed to be released to sell at other e-stores like nutraplanet soon (if not now) and if the price goes down 5-10 bucks it's definitely worth giving a try...

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
okay will just drank my assault...

it did not mix with a spoon at all it just formed a clump at the bottom...however the clump was very tasty...like cotton candy...

i'll try it in a shaker tomorrow.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i like these new sleep supplements a lot - somnidren and x-dreams are the two i've tried so far. these darned OTC sleep meds IMO aren't worth the risk of dependency, especially considering the prices :)

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
okay....
i've not left yet

and i'm super freakin jittery from this assault....

i feel like i have adreniline coursing through my veins.........

honestly....i feel like just drank a bottle of endorush in 4 big swigs...

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
alright great workout.

it could be due to the assault, but i'd rather not give it all the credit. I slept well last night, I've been following a good diet, I also had a cheat meal last night the consisted of a ton of sushi....

Assault has more stim feel than I generally like....but...without further ado the workout..

bench press...
215x4 for 2 sets. I felt like i had more in me, but it was getting heavy enough that i knew i need a spot, so i stopped at 4 both times and fished a spot.
with a spot
215x6
185x10
155x10

Decline hammer press again in my curiosity of d.c. i tried this d.c. style, and again i was unimpressed.
5 sets of 3 rest pause with 315 pounds....had no pump going, it was heavy ass weight that was hard to push but i just felt....nothing.
incline bench
115x8x4 i think i'm going to stick with 115 on these for awhile. it feels good, it doesn't hurt my shoulders, and if i do them slow enough i get a darn good pump.
incline fly's 40x8x3 or 4. i can't remember if i did 3 or 4 sets on this. I want to say 4 but it very well could have been 3...
shoulder time.
okay, my shoulders are gaining in strength like my chest was last week or the year before. the heaviest i ever went on shoulders was 35's d.b.'s so this whole workout was a p.r.
side raises
35x8 too light so i raised the weight
40x8x3 sets. felt damn good.
35x8 x 1 set
front raises
40x8x4 sets
backwards machine flyes
started with 130, too light, went to 150, too light, went up to 170...just right.
170x10x4

this marked the end of my workout, and i thought about vol, so i went back and grabbed some 20 pounders and held them straight out at my sides, as long as i could, till the weight started falling, i did 3 continuous reps of this, then did front raises the same way, then went back to my backwards fly's and did it with 100 lbs.
I then loaded up the flat hammer press and put 225 on it, and did 3 sets.

i then took a shower and left :)

Random181

Awards
  • Established
How many reps did you use for the decline hammer press?

edit: sweet weights anyway

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
ohhhh!!!!
i forgot to note

I have vascularity in my arms, at 262 pounds :)

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
good work, mang...you're getting me pumped for a workout this afternoon!

those burnouts feel good on the delts; mine are dom-tastic today...wish my gym had a sauna & hot-tub.

keep it up, your reports help me get charged up :)

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Im to self conscious to get in the hot tub no matter how much it helps with recovery lol you may wanna try them with some higher reps natty, I believe that dante recommendes trying with something like a weight you can use for a around 8 reps for your first attempt then a 20 second pause with deep breaths, then a second attempt, thenm 20 seconds off and then a third attempt, each attempt should be taken to total failure

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
i can't push 325 for 8 reps....i could barely get it for three...

i'm not trying to be incredibly difficult. :(

I'm sticking to my workouts. The weights are my therapy. I don't want to be out of the gym 4 days a week...heck i have problems taking a day off...If i was strapped for time i would probably utilize d.c....

however, I'm going to try utilizing some of their techniques in my own routines.

i don't like to let my muscles get used to someting...

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Sure thing, sorry I wasnt trying to be an ass telling you to lift it more, I meant use a lighter weight :p. Well good luck with whatever you decide to go with then.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
good work, mang...you're getting me pumped for a workout this afternoon!

those burnouts feel good on the delts; mine are dom-tastic today...wish my gym had a sauna & hot-tub.

keep it up, your reports help me get charged up :)
haha yes sir.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbHn1Pgj6Zk"]YouTube - Three Days Grace - Animal I Have Become[/nomedia] this song gets me charged up :)

it makes me really focused...i use it when i study haha.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
the embedding doesn't work.

I tend to like older stuff; punk, some hip-hop, hell, I even like country (but not that newer crap they're trying to pass off as country)....Merle, Johnny, Waylon, etc.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuOmsGXznHU"]YouTube - Suicidal Tendencies-Institutionalized[/ame]

Something from my youth.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
side delt raises with 40's :) that's all i got to say.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
the embedding doesn't work.

I tend to like older stuff; punk, some hip-hop, hell, I even like country (but not that newer crap they're trying to pass off as country)....Merle, Johnny, Waylon, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuOmsGXznHU

Something from my youth.
well sir.

feel free to post music any time. I enjoyed that.

reminds me of when i was still small enough to skateboard...

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRLAyG3gKYg"]YouTube - Three Days Grace - Animal I Have Become[/ame]

the song i tried to post earlier...

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
alright, i'm leaving tomorrow up to all you late nighters that get on after this..(if ya'll do)

should i do back, or legs tomorrow?

if i do legs tomorrow that'll leave back day, arm/ab day then off day.
if i do back it'll then be legs, arm/ab day, off day.

y'alls choice...

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
alright, you guys have convinced me...

legs it shall be.

in other news, i finally found my straps and belt. this way my deads and everything dont have to wait for my grip to catch up (i'll still be doing heavy grip work) and i'm hoping the belt will help with the horrific lower back pumps i've been gettin

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Have you ever tried Taurine preworkout for the back pumps? I would start at 2g preworkout and titrate up and see how that works for you.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
alright, you guys have convinced me...

legs it shall be.

in other news, i finally found my straps and belt. this way my deads and everything dont have to wait for my grip to catch up (i'll still be doing heavy grip work) and i'm hoping the belt will help with the horrific lower back pumps i've been gettin
Hey man, just remember every time you do a heavy leg workout I'm jealous. I haven't been able to do that sh** for more than 3 years.

I miss being able to deadlift ~400....yesterday the knee was giving me trouble with no weight on the hack squat press :rant:

Congrats on the veinage; I love having them huge veins showing on my arms (it's been a while, but it'll happen again).

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Have you ever tried Taurine preworkout for the back pumps? I would start at 2g preworkout and titrate up and see how that works for you.
taurine makes them go away??

no way????

i may be dropping some dough on taurine then...

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Well ya'll couldn't have been more right about doing a leg day. Fantastic leg day :D

Squat:
225x8 these were deep and easy, so i immediately went into bench squats for 6 reps.
i was feeling saucy after that easy lift so i upped the weight...
315x8 by...wait for it....three sets :D:D:D:D
i was so freakin pumped at how easy 315 felt. I wanted to add more weight, but i feel the need to strengthen my erectors before I go throwing on 365 or something...
went back down to 225 and did a set of 8 bench squats.

Lunges
3 sets of 12 on each leg with 40's

Lying leg curls-I had been doing higher reps with these, and I decided to throw my legs for a loop so I set the machine weight on 150 and did 4 sets of 6

Front Squats-
185 lbs x 12 x 2 sets.

calf raises-
my calves grow really fast and they get big very easily...(remember i got hurt doing calf raises with a 1000 pounds free weight...) anyway i started off with 150 machine weight a month ago...
today: all the machine weight, 400 lbs, for 20 slow reps, standing on my tips for a count of 10 every rep.
after this i decided to raise the weight, so i threw a 45 plate on the pin (not the safest but meh) did another set of twenty, then threw on a 35 on the top bar and did two more sets of twenty. I'm pretty good with throwing the weight on the top bar, I used to have my old workout partner sit on there with 4 45's in his lap. (about 400 pounds extra weight) i don't know what i'll do...maybe i'll start using the smith machine for controlled calf raises...

I was done after this so got some good stretches in...I came with my mom though, and she wanted to do cardio for another 30 minutes so i went and found that little swiss ball thing thats cut in half and is flat on one side and started doing balance and stabilizer work on it...then i started jumping over the a bench...then i started doing body weight single leg squats...

assault seems like the real deal folks. I like it. it may have broken my shock love affair. I think i'll be trying jp8 or jack3d next time...

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
damn, you went off!

good on ya, one thing I used to do with calves (might not work at all for you, since my calves have always been like toothpicks my whole life) is go use some steps with a handrail and use a dumbbell in the other hand (now that u got your straps you can go heavy with db's). I would usually do 2 or 3 sets (one leg), with the toes adducted or abducted to work the medial and lateral head of the gastroc.

Good work on the 3 sets of 315, that was pretty much my highest weight at 165 before I stopped doing heavy squats and deadlifts.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Nice squats Natty, you think your getting back at a fast enough rate? Or you still kinda getting back in the swing of things?

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
damn, you went off!

good on ya, one thing I used to do with calves (might not work at all for you, since my calves have always been like toothpicks my whole life) is go use some steps with a handrail and use a dumbbell in the other hand (now that u got your straps you can go heavy with db's). I would usually do 2 or 3 sets (one leg), with the toes adducted or abducted to work the medial and lateral head of the gastroc.

Good work on the 3 sets of 315, that was pretty much my highest weight at 165 before I stopped doing heavy squats and deadlifts.
that's how our calf machines are set up at the gym i go to. :)

One thing I used to do to get a calf pump going, is on leg day, if i wasn't lifting i was walking around the gym on my tippy toes...

i eventually got really bored with that haha

I think i'm pretty good at building calves...I used to train with some guys at the gym a few years back and they'd all had skinny calves when we first started and by the time i was done with them, they were all either acceptable to large

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
what are bench squats? similar to a box squat? nice numbers as well

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Nice squats Natty, you think your getting back at a fast enough rate? Or you still kinda getting back in the swing of things?
my chest and legs are feeling great. i feel like those are really coming back fast.

my back is still off and on, and my arms still need a lot of work.

my traps are coming along nicely again, but i'll need to put some more focus in them in a few weeks after i get everything else caught up :)

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
what are bench squats? similar to a box squat? nice numbers as well
exact same thing.

except i'm tall enough and the boxes at my gym are small enough, i can't even get down on them without weight without falling backwards...

the benches are perfectly parallel for my height :)

anywho, i'm sure you know this, but you just squat down, come to a complete rest in a sitting position, then stand back up.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
wanna know my favorite thing about squat day guys???

the wicked cool bruises all across my back from the bar :)

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
yeah, calves...no sh** but I am more than positive you have better genetics than me in that arena. I'll post some pics on my log of the drumsticks to see how pathetic they are :)

I was trying to find another video, but damned if it wasn't on youtube...Ministry is always good for a heavy-duty legs day I find.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
yeah, calves...no sh** but I am more than positive you have better genetics than me in that arena. I'll post some pics on my log of the drumsticks to see how pathetic they are :)

I was trying to find another video, but damned if it wasn't on youtube...Ministry is always good for a heavy-duty legs day I find.
yeah, my legs day consists of that song that i posted, a few more songs by that band, some godsmack, some rob zombie, and a ton of rammstein.

oh and no doubt on the genetics with the calves. my dad had legs like an oak. he used to cut the spandex out of his socks cuz they could cut into the circulation in his calves.

i just wear ankle socks so i don't have that problem :)

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
wanna know my favorite thing about squat day guys???

the wicked cool bruises all across my back from the bar :)
ugh. i have sensitive skin, so i get purple bruises on my traps from the standing calf machine.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
I think we all enjoy pain and bruising a bit to much lol. Glad to know its not just me who enjoyes black and blue abs though:laugh:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
So natty is it a back day today??? Hope the legs aren't too sore haha