Nabisco's Unnatural Transformation (PP/Epi/Form TD STACK)

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Im not sure what you're asking PI when you say 2/3? If you mean how long Im taking to push up, then how long on the negative its about 2 up 3 on the negative. I try for an explosive rep and a slow controlled negative motion.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Basically the first number is the number of seconds it takes to lower the weight and the 2nd bring the number of time it takes to raise the weight.

You can always see it written as something like 2-1-3, where the 2nd number is a pause before you push the weight back up.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Then I'm probably a 2-1-3, and as the reps get harder sometimes I fall into the 2-0-3 scheme. As I've added more and more weight to reach the rep range of the DC style program Im finding it harder and harder to get explosive power on my reps. So its a 2-3 second negative portion, then I try to pause for a second, then try to push up which takes 3 sec moving up to 4 as I really push the weight and reps.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Day 25

The explosion begins. In the past two days I decided I needed some major motivation...so I watched Pumping Iron, then I watched 300 and included in the specials on that DVD were how they trained to get so ripped. I hit the gym today with an attitude. My lifting partner is out until monday so I decided that I was going to go heavy and low rest. And man, let me tell you what. Best workout I've had in a while...I left the gym, sat down in my car, and my shirt was so wet that it felt like I sat in a chair made of water. By the way my official weigh in wont be until tomorrow, but I hit 189.6 today. A new PR for weight, and the strength just keeps coming.

Workout​

DB Bench Press

2 warmup sets (couldn't make myself do more, I was too pumped)
Working Set: 85sx7x3x2

Behind the head smith press
2 warmup sets
Working Set: 115x8x5x4 (will increase next time :twisted: )

Cable Pushdowns
2 warmup sets
Working Set: 160x8x5x3 (stacked out the machine...will have to find ways to add wait next time)

Wide grip pullups
2 warmup sets
Working Set: BW+25x8x3x3

t-bar rows
2 warmup sets
Working Set: 205x8x5x3

Finished the workout off with some jump rope, some light jogging, and then some core exercises. Walked out on fire, and sweating buckets. Awesome workout.

As far as supps go, the Gut Health has worked wonders already. I can eat as much protein as I want, and its getting absorbed instead of tearing my ass up. Lethargy is a *****, but I'm pushing through it. I'm upping my intensity and when my training partner gets back if he doesn't step up the pace Im gonna truck right over him. Mood is almost sedated, strength is through the roof, not really leaner, but this is the first week of pure Epistane. Im adding cardio back in, in small amounts to see what happens. Probably swimming and such on off days. Ive decided, Im pretty much pure Ecto, because no matter how much I eat I don't seem to put on any more fat. Its just going to come down to losing what I have...I'd love to hit single digits. Will have another update tomorrow gents.

:woohoo:

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
very nice glad the heavy weight low rest worked for ya. and yes man more then 60percent of your workouts is mental. get the mental part down and nothings stoppping you besides passing out :p

im also only on epistane now and to be honest i still feel the same hehe. but i keep improving as anyone should with proper diet rest and routine.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
First off GREAT log.

Sorry if i missed this but why did you decide to go with the 2on, 1off, Split rather then the normal M-W-F Dc split?

I suggest really living and dying by that log book. Before each excersise i look at my last times number, and get in my head what i HAVE to hit, and DO it. Also try and listen to your body, when you stall out at an excersise once, mabey chalk it up to a bad day, when you do it again SWAP it. Make sure you also listen to when your body tells you "time to cruise" for a while.

I was introduced to DC style about 1.5 years ago. Did it for a while with great results, then was out of the gym for a while with an injury. Been Dc'ng again for some months now, and it is TRUELY an awesome routine when you do it right.

Good luck brotha!

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Oh i also noticed you are Rest pausing back thickness, and quads.. Those are not supposed to be rest paused. You don't want to injure yourself.

For back thickness movements you want to do 2 straight sets.
1.8-12 rep
2. Heavy brutal set of 4-8

QUADS
1.6-10
2. lower weight brutal widowmaker to 20. I use a weight were by 12 i feel like i am going to drop dead on the floor..lol If you have to stop for a breath or two, do so untill you get that 20. Don't re rack the weight though!

Are you doing calves correctly?

Forearms are also just one straight set of 12-20.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
imprezivr6: Appreciate the help man. I'll change up for back thickness and quads. Not sure what you're asking about calves...forearms I'll switch up as well. I wanted to do the 2 on 1 off split with DC training because I wanted to get 4 solid workouts in a week. I was following some of the literature I could find and he suggested the MWF or the MTThF split if you felt up to it. I just feel that with four days I'll get more work in and grow faster. I'm pretty much pure ectomorph and only lifting 3 days a week in the past didn't do much for me gains-wise for either strength or weight. When I bump up to 4-5 days a week with some heavy lifting, my body tends to respond better. Just something I've noticed over the past few years. Once again, thanks for the clarification on DC style training. I'm new to it and bound to make some mistakes, so any advice is welcome. Peace.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
imprezivr6: Appreciate the help man. I'll change up for back thickness and quads. Not sure what you're asking about calves...forearms I'll switch up as well. I wanted to do the 2 on 1 off split with DC training because I wanted to get 4 solid workouts in a week. I was following some of the literature I could find and he suggested the MWF or the MTThF split if you felt up to it. I just feel that with four days I'll get more work in and grow faster. I'm pretty much pure ectomorph and only lifting 3 days a week in the past didn't do much for me gains-wise for either strength or weight. When I bump up to 4-5 days a week with some heavy lifting, my body tends to respond better. Just something I've noticed over the past few years. Once again, thanks for the clarification on DC style training. I'm new to it and bound to make some mistakes, so any advice is welcome. Peace.
From what i have seen that split is reserved for advanced people. And also he doesn't do it how you have been doing it..

I was in the same boat as you to where i was like "wtf it doesn't feel like i am in the gym enough" but trust in the fact that if you are doing what you need to on the normal 2day split(m-w-f) you are going to make KILLER gains.

You are going to be overtraining the way you have it set-up right now. I can't stress to you enough to just try the tried and true way of doing it.

Here is a quote from the man himself.
D: For the majority of bodybuilders who are in need of size the following works the best

monday=chest, shoulders, triceps, back width, back thickness
wednesday=biceps, forearms, calves, hamstrings, quads
friday-repeat of mondays bodyparts
monday-repeat of wenesdays bodyparts

This above way bodyparts are hit twice every 8 days or so

For advanced bodybuilders (and with that I'm talking very elite bodybuilders and extremely strong people) I sometimes go with the following

monday=chest shoulders triceps
tuesday=biceps forearms backwidth backthickness
thursday=calves hams quads
friday-repeat of mondays bodyparts
monday-repeate of tuesdays bodyparts
tuesday-repeat of thursdays bodyparts

This way bodyparts are hit twice every 9 days or so and I can work on advanced bodybuilders lagging bodyparts somewhat better with this split.

As for calves this is how you do them
This is very important, make sure you do a warm-up set and then it’s time to really murder them. It’s a 20 second negative phase, meaning it takes 5 seconds to go from the very top to the very bottom (where you are feeling stretched) and then you stay at the bottom for another 15 seconds stretched out fully, and then explode back up again. That is one rep. So again, you go up on your toes explosively, then 5 seconds slowly back down into the stretched position then hold there for another 15 seconds. This is by far one of the most painful exercises but after the third workout like this you will already be able to feel and see changes. Start out with low weight the first time to feel your way through (Trust me on that!! Lol). You want to get a straight set of 10-12 reps. There are no extreme calf stretches, since you did it during the set,
Hope that helps brotha!
Dave-

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Once again, thanks for the help. I will drop to MWF, but Im going to kick in some cardio T TH and light cardio on weekends. This actually works better for me, because Im on my work's softball team which starts in a few weeks and games are on T Th.

I want to throw a big thanks out to Anabolic Xtreme for sending me a free bottle of trisorbagen to add to the stack. I can't express how great their products have been for me and how cool they were to toss this trisorbagen my way. I'll be tossing that into the mix this weekend and will also be logging it over on AX's forum. :thumbsup:

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Once again, thanks for the help. I will drop to MWF, but Im going to kick in some cardio T TH and light cardio on weekends. This actually works better for me, because Im on my work's softball team which starts in a few weeks and games are on T Th.

I want to throw a big thanks out to Anabolic Xtreme for sending me a free bottle of trisorbagen to add to the stack. I can't express how great their products have been for me and how cool they were to toss this trisorbagen my way. I'll be tossing that into the mix this weekend and will also be logging it over on AX's forum. :thumbsup:
you got a free bottle u lucky dude. im gonna find mace and threaten him :p jk

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No problem! If there is anything else, just let me know!

Can't wait to see how you respond to this!

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
No problem! If there is anything else, just let me know!

Can't wait to see how you respond to this!
hey impreszivr6 could you checkout my log as well and umm give any pointers or anything. im currently following a routine to the T not adjusting or changing anything really but half of me is dying to try something else meanwihle the other half says shuush if its working keep going !

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/70102-phera-plex-log.html#post885492

thanks

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from a last minute work trip outside the state, I'll update tonight with whats gone on in the past few days.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Day 32

The past few days have almost been a reverse slide due to work. It was a last minute thing that took me out to one of our other facilities, so it was difficult to get in all the calories or workouts I normally would have gotten in. I also caught a head cold while on business, go figure :sick: . Here is yesterday's workout

Workout​

DB Bicep Curls
3 warmup sets
Working set: 45x8x5x4 (will increase next time)

Forearm wrist curls
3 slow negative working sets

Standing calf machine (5s neg, 15s hold at bottom)
180x10, 200x8, 200x7

At this point the cold caught up to me, I was feeling sluggish, and drained of energy, so I proceeded to try to get my heart rate back up.

Dips
BWx20, BWx20, BWx15 (YAY! Shoulder didn't even twinge when I did these today...its been 2 months since I could do a decent dip)

Static Pushup Hold-Full extension(core conc. exercise)
90sec, 90sec, 70sec

Static Pushup Hold-Half extension(core conc. exercise)
60sec, 60sec, 45sec

Jump roped for 5 minutes, then ran on the track for ~12 laps. Did some vacuum exercises (on hands and knees). At this point I got a few sets of crunches in on one of the large balls, but I was beyond toast. Body weight dropped back to 185.4, thats what I get for 4 days of lowered calories (damn work).

Now at this point after a not so great workout, the disappointment of lower weight, you'd think I'd be smart and re-focus my priorities...well you'd be partially right...I decided to go out last night (on a work night). Not normally an issue except I went home with a couple of girls to their place...lost track of time (you can figure out why :whip: ) and realized too late that it was 5:30 am. Drove back home, showered, packed some food, and got to work by 7am to start a fresh day with zero sleep. Not to mention I made the mistake of having 3 miller lites...not normally an issue, but let me tell you. Something in my body reacted to the alcohol in a not so good way. I even pounded a bunch of water when I got back to the girl's place. So today has involved trying to survive work (its 116 degree heat index today) while trying to fit calories back into a stomach that is rebelling against last night's antics. I didn't think 3 light beers would have any effect, I didn't even get close to buzzed, but so be it. No more drinking until cycle is over.

:frustrate :frustrate :frustrate :frustrate :frustrate

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 32

The past few days have almost been a reverse slide due to work. It was a last minute thing that took me out to one of our other facilities, so it was difficult to get in all the calories or workouts I normally would have gotten in. I also caught a head cold while on business, go figure :sick: . Here is yesterday's workout

Workout​

DB Bicep Curls
3 warmup sets
Working set: 45x8x5x4 (will increase next time)

Forearm wrist curls
3 slow negative working sets

Standing calf machine (5s neg, 15s hold at bottom)
180x10, 200x8, 200x7

At this point the cold caught up to me, I was feeling sluggish, and drained of energy, so I proceeded to try to get my heart rate back up.

Dips
BWx20, BWx20, BWx15 (YAY! Shoulder didn't even twinge when I did these today...its been 2 months since I could do a decent dip)

Static Pushup Hold-Full extension(core conc. exercise)
90sec, 90sec, 70sec

Static Pushup Hold-Half extension(core conc. exercise)
60sec, 60sec, 45sec

Jump roped for 5 minutes, then ran on the track for ~12 laps. Did some vacuum exercises (on hands and knees). At this point I got a few sets of crunches in on one of the large balls, but I was beyond toast. Body weight dropped back to 185.4, thats what I get for 4 days of lowered calories (damn work).

Now at this point after a not so great workout, the disappointment of lower weight, you'd think I'd be smart and re-focus my priorities...well you'd be partially right...I decided to go out last night (on a work night). Not normally an issue except I went home with a couple of girls to their place...lost track of time (you can figure out why :whip: ) and realized too late that it was 5:30 am. Drove back home, showered, packed some food, and got to work by 7am to start a fresh day with zero sleep. Not to mention I made the mistake of having 3 miller lites...not normally an issue, but let me tell you. Something in my body reacted to the alcohol in a not so good way. I even pounded a bunch of water when I got back to the girl's place. So today has involved trying to survive work (its 116 degree heat index today) while trying to fit calories back into a stomach that is rebelling against last night's antics. I didn't think 3 light beers would have any effect, I didn't even get close to buzzed, but so be it. No more drinking until cycle is over.

:frustrate :frustrate :frustrate :frustrate :frustrate
Sup nabisco! still followin the log man. Sorry to hear youre havn a rough time. I reacted the same way when i had a few while on epi. Hows the libido? My libido is actually still on/off and pct is done. The wife is gettn implants in a couple of days so that problem should become less of a problem:woohoo: .

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
My libido is acting strange...like during the day I have no desire what-so-ever...but as soon as I go out and meet some attractive ladies it kicks in full gear. Although I did turn down sex wednesday night/thursday morning...but then again she wasn't all that hot. So Im not sure that its a libido thing, it may have just been a standards thing. I'll keep you updated, because I'll probably go out tonight after the gym, and tomorrow night. I'll have to pay it a little more attention. Good luck with the wifey dude...implants=:woohoo:

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Day 33

Straight to the workout

Workout

A couple laps, some jumprope to warmup.

Decline Smith Press
3 warmup sets
Working Set: 205x8x5x3

DB Military Press