my current stats on a massive bulking cycle

yoked317

yoked317

Awards
hey all, just sharing my current bulking cycle. I just started about t weeks ago and plan to go until about mid march, maybe april. I am consuming 5000+ calories a day, and so far between 480-520gms protein, I am also taking in about 300-350 carbs. my current routine is as follows
day1: chest and short hit on tri's
day2:back and short hit on bi's
day3:shoulders and traps
day4:arms(hard hit)
day5:legs/abs
day6: off
restart
my lifts are all heavy besides on my short hit days on bi's and tri's
I usually will warm up any lift with 1x15 then go right in to 1x8,1x6,then 2 x4 and sometimes going to a 2 rep max, once per week I will do a full max on one of the three compound lifts, not only to help build density, but to see my progress. my current max's for the big three are as follows: bench 405lbs, squat 600lbs, and dead 515lbs. also some may question how often I do abs, I am genetically gifted with abs, so I really only tear em' up once or twice a week.
My pre workout shake consists of 27gms whey soy milk and 1/2 cup oats about 35 min before workout, followed by about 8oz of coffee to get a little caffeine, I have veered away from n.o. supps due to bad side effects, and i really think they are just a placebo. I also run for 10-15 minutes pre workout to get my blood flowing. in between sets I try to rest no more than the amount of time it takes my partner to do his set. post workout is followed up with a shake that consists of 1 scoop mass gainer, for the cals/sugar/carbs, and 2 scoops of whey totalling close to 400 cals and about 70gms protein, which I know is a little much.
well thats my bulking routine in a nutshell, I will continue to post my progress.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
looks solid man, possibly add some more carbs, preferibly in the morning and leading up to your workout. your like me i assume , full 8 pack and never really had to work for it, i just diet well. once a week is fine on abs, i would also suggest doing some light ab work after leg training. are you going at this natural or assisted? if un assitsed the only change i would make is give yourself a day of rest after day 2 or 3. preferribly 2, since back and chest both require alot of recovery especialy if your lifting heavy and doing max lifts occasionaly. ther is no reason to use N.O type supps the coffee will give you a sufficient energy boost.

yoked317

yoked317

Awards
yeah, I'm going to be doing this assisted, I will start that on dec. first, it will be a short cycle, about 12-13 weeks with pct. it will be my first time with "assistance" so i am anticipating the results, I am already about 238lbs so ive gained 6lbs in the last month or so, i want to get up to around 260 and cut down to a solid 240lbs. also I don't take much time off because I sleep about 8 hours a night, and take a 2-3 hour nap every day, so I kinda work off what my body tells me. I have about five years of competition bbing experience and about 9 years lifting in general. if i am feeling overly lathargic i will take the day off, that's what I love about bulking, you can rest when your body needs it and eat when your body wants food.

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
6 days straight is a fair wack have a cardio day in between

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
No, because for a massive bulk your PRO intake is way overweighted and your CHO intake is underweighted.

yoked317

yoked317

Awards
No, because for a massive bulk your PRO intake is way overweighted and your CHO intake is underweighted.
I always try to get about 10% of my cals from protein, no matter what the case is, also I have since started doing the same with my carbs.

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
I always try to get about 10% of my cals from protein, no matter what the case is, also I have since started doing the same with my carbs.
480g * 4 cals = 1920 cals PRO
520g * 4 cals = 2080 cals PRO

1920 cals PRO / 5000 total cals = 38.4%
2080 cals PRO / 5000 total cals = 41.6%

Slightly above 10%, no?

Also, if you are attempting to get 10% PRO and 10% CHO, that leaves 80% FAT.

If you are not insulin resistant, 50% CHO, 30% PRO and 20% FAT is a typical macro breakdown for a bulk.

HITscientist

HITscientist

Awards
I'm not a fan of soy products. Suppresses testosterone.

yoked317

yoked317

Awards
I'm not a fan of soy products. Suppresses testosterone.
I really dont have a preference, i get cases upon cases of soy milk for free, so I use it, believe it or not, I actually only drink about 2-3 shakes a day, all the rest of my cal intake comes from whole foods. I did have to take a second look at my diet thanks to tbone2 and revamp it a little, my math was way off. guess that's why we post our info on here, so others can give us a sanity check. i am currently gaining about 2-3 pounds every 10 days or so, which is great considering i am still all natural. never thought I could get much over 240 and still stay somewhat lean.

SMD

SMD

Awards
I have to agree with t-bone and auto.

480g * 4 cals = 1920 cals PRO
520g * 4 cals = 2080 cals PRO

1920 cals PRO / 5000 total cals = 38.4%
2080 cals PRO / 5000 total cals = 41.6%

Slightly above 10%, no?
Thats an awfully high protein intake....

Auto's suggestion of breaking up your regime with a cardio day would help your recovery more than many would give it credit.

...Just noticed you tweaked your diet because of t-bone post! Let us know how it all goes!

yoked317

yoked317

Awards
I have to agree with t-bone and auto.

Thats an awfully high protein intake....

Auto's suggestion of breaking up your regime with a cardio day would help your recovery more than many would give it credit.

...Just noticed you tweaked your diet because of t-bone post! Let us know how it all goes!
well, I have not even started my cycle and I have gained about 7 pounds, 1" in my thighs, 1/4" in my bi's/tri's, and about 3/4" in my chest. I know the 1" in my thighs sounds a little rediculous, but it is mostly because I really focused on my legs for my last comp and wound up being a little disproportionate because of it, so I cut back on legs for the last 10 months, they were at 27" a year ago, and now I am back up to 26". I have also put about 1/2" in my forearms.
The biggest thing I have noticed is my traps are gettin friggen huge, I'm guessin due to all the super heavy lifting which winds up encorporating the traps after failure. I do upright rows with 225 and shrugs at 505+. well that is it for this week, I anticipate the upcoming week.

yoked317

yoked317

Awards
well, I have not even started my cycle and I have gained about 7 pounds, 1" in my thighs, 1/4" in my bi's/tri's, and about 3/4" in my chest. I know the 1" in my thighs sounds a little rediculous, but it is mostly because I really focused on my legs for my last comp and wound up being a little disproportionate because of it, so I cut back on legs for the last 10 months, they were at 27" a year ago, and now I am back up to 26". I have also put about 1/2" in my forearms.
The biggest thing I have noticed is my traps are gettin friggen huge, I'm guessin due to all the super heavy lifting which winds up encorporating the traps after failure. I do upright rows with 225 and shrugs at 505+. well that is it for this week, I anticipate the upcoming week.
one more thing to add, I have also have started doing more cardio, about 1.5- 2hours a week.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't think it was the fact that your math was off. I think you just forgot about the 4 cals per gram of protein. A lot of people tend to let that one slip by them. I think it is 9 per gram of fat if I remember correctly. Your routine is similar to mine.

Sunday- Legs
Monday- Chest/light tris
Tuesday - Off
Wednesday- Back/light bis
Thursday- Shoulders
Friday- Off
Saturday- Arms

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
like your bulk and your macro glad you got your amount fixed there to, and the weight gaining sounds like its going good your up 7pounds hell ya man keep it up, and nice size add on3/4' to chest nice man! subbed to hear how it keeps coming and what is your cycle for 12-13 weeks going to consist of what products and pct?

yoked317

yoked317

Awards
like your bulk and your macro glad you got your amount fixed there to, and the weight gaining sounds like its going good your up 7pounds hell ya man keep it up, and nice size add on3/4' to chest nice man! subbed to hear how it keeps coming and what is your cycle for 12-13 weeks going to consist of what products and pct?
I will be on an 8 week cycle, kicking with dbol 25mg/ed for four weeks and 400mg deca/ew pct two weeks after last inj with 300mg clomid for 4 days with 40mg nolva, 100mg/ed for one week with 20mg nolva/ed

yoked317

yoked317

Awards
so, little more info, this week I crashed, I took one day off, and tried to have a "light day" on my other day off doing traps and forearms. well the trap and forearms workout was great, but the next day when we did chest, my energy was very low, and my joints and muscles in my arms were super sore, my body felt like it got hit by a mac truck, so i decided to tough out the chest workout, and take an extra day off, I did so and i wound up sleeping almost 16hours..........wtf is that all about, i get good sleep all the time. guess it just goes to show that your body really does talk to you, just dont be too ignorant to listen, i was afraid with all the heavy lifting that i may push myself to injury, so i have been looking for the tell tale sign, luckily i heeded to my bodies warning, after all that sleep, I feel great and am ready to hit it up 120%~yoked

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
so, little more info, this week I crashed, I took one day off, and tried to have a "light day" on my other day off doing traps and forearms. well the trap and forearms workout was great, but the next day when we did chest, my energy was very low, and my joints and muscles in my arms were super sore, my body felt like it got hit by a mac truck, so i decided to tough out the chest workout, and take an extra day off, I did so and i wound up sleeping almost 16hours..........wtf is that all about, i get good sleep all the time. guess it just goes to show that your body really does talk to you, just dont be too ignorant to listen, i was afraid with all the heavy lifting that i may push myself to injury, so i have been looking for the tell tale sign, luckily i heeded to my bodies warning, after all that sleep, I feel great and am ready to hit it up 120%~yoked
Funny how those days sneak up on you unexpected.

yoked317

yoked317

Awards
Great Week

Well this week has been great, My shoulder press went up 10lbs and my dead went up twenty, I also did a pre exhaust on chest by doing a mod. heavy set on incline flies to start out with, then went right into the heavy flat barbell. I got 405 up twice, i imagine if i wouldnt have pre exhausted i might have put on ten lbs to my bench max also. hey here is a good leg workout for you all looking for entirety, start out with squats a little wider than shoulder width, toes pointed out(emphasize on pointing toes out to work the outer sweep) pyramid to 15,10,8,6 the 15 rep set is NOT a warm up so be sure to throw some weight on. after 6 rep set, go to weigh used for fifteen rep set and do 1 set of 10 of drops squats(ass to ankles) follow up with a set of sissy squats to failure(you know the classic dave draper sissy squat) follow all this up with db lunges, 3 sets for as far as you can take them, I use 70lbs dumbells and do about 8 lunges on each leg, for 3 sets, again follow up with sissy squats to failure. and find the nearest available wheel chair.

yoked317

yoked317

Awards
updates

well it's been a while since i have updated this, so here goes. I have met and exceeded my goals, i wanted to get up to 255lbs over this whole bulking cycle, i am currently at 257 at around 15%bf and gaining. I have made numerous adjustments to my diet and training regimen. I started out taking in 5500cal a day, which worked well for the first month or so, then i started to plateau so i bumped up my calories to 6500, it was a bit much, but I eventually got use to it. i have gained another 1/4' in my arms, and another inch in my legs. my dead is up to 585, and my squat is at 605. the worst part about the whole thing is everyday is hit or miss, with such a high calorie intake lathargy and lack of motivation set in. so i made sure to keep my blood sugar up with fruits and to keep my motivation going with coffee. One thing i have noticed is that i can put forth a lot more energy at night versus during the day or morning, what could have been a medeocre workout turned out to be a great workout. also i have implemented a lot of dorian yates style training, very intense and focused reps, with as much or as little recovery time needed between sets, when you put your "mind into the muscle" it is a noticeable difference. one more month of bulking then i am going to start cutting down.