Currently on Test, what would be the next step?

mkultra0351

Awards
Hello all I am looking for information on what the next logical step would be in my journey. Im currently on Test injections twice a week, and would like to lose body fat as well as gain muscle. Looking for the best logical step to achieve my goals.
Thank you.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Your goals are dependent upon your nutrition and your training, That's the truth of the matter. If you're on testosterone and your hormones are optimized then The next logical step is to perfect your diet and train harder. You also need to pick one goal at a time. You can build muscle or you can lose fat , but doing both at the same time as usually just pissing in the wind. If you're new to working out like a body builder or someone who's training hard then you're gonna burn a little bit of fat, and build a little bit of muscle at the same time. Regardless, that's just part of the normal practice. But you really want to pick one goal. You need an excess of calories to build muscle and you need to be in a caloric defect to burn fat. And you really can't do those two things at the same time.

My questions to you would be number 1 what does your diet look like. 2. What training program are you following and 3 How much cardio are you doing.

I also wanna say be patient, you could put someone on every steroid Under the sun it still takes a long time to get great results.

mkultra0351

Awards
Your goals are dependent upon your nutrition and your training, That's the truth of the matter. If you're on testosterone and your hormones are optimized then The next logical step is to perfect your diet and train harder. You also need to pick one goal at a time. You can build muscle or you can lose fat , but doing both at the same time as usually just pissing in the wind. If you're new to working out like a body builder or someone who's training hard then you're gonna burn a little bit of fat, and build a little bit of muscle at the same time. Regardless, that's just part of the normal practice. But you really want to pick one goal. You need an excess of calories to build muscle and you need to be in a caloric defect to burn fat. And you really can't do those two things at the same time.

My questions to you would be number 1 what does your diet look like. 2. What training program are you following and 3 How much cardio are you doing.

I also wanna say be patient, you could put someone on every steroid Under the sun it still takes a long time to get great results.
I know one thing is for sure my cardio is very lacking, Im also new and really trying to figure out just how many calories i need.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Test two years, diet started really pursuing it intelligently this year. I have a lot to learn.
I'd recommend doing some research on what diet works for you and really fine tuning your diet for maintenance and then tweak it for fat lose once you've found maintenance. Consistency in clean eating is going to get you the best results for fat lose.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you can start at 12 x your body weight. that is usually close to your maintenance level of calories.
10 x your body weight should put you at or around fat loss caloric intake.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You don't need to do cardio for weight loss, but it may be helpful and you should probably be doing it for all its other benefits too.

Lots of ways to go about figuring out and adjusting your nutrition. There are lots of different formulas and ideas you can use to get an initial start, but the main thing is once tracked you should be able to adjust depending on how your weight changes (or maintains).

you can start at 12 x your body weight. that is usually close to your maintenance level of calories.
10 x your body weight should put you at or around fat loss caloric intake.
Too low. 15x (14-16) for maintenance is more common for just a very rough an easy estimate.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I know one thing is for sure my cardio is very lacking, Im also new and really trying to figure out just how many calories i need.
Heres how i figure peoples calories.

For the next seven days just eat like you've been eating, You have to write every single thing down. After 7 days you total everything up. Find out how many calories it is and divide it by seven and thats your approximate maitnence calories. Don't try to do anything special that week, You need that week to be very reflective of how you've been doing things.

Once you know you're maintenance calories , you can just adjust them up or down as needed

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The whole bodyweight x 12 or 15 ect leaves a lot of room for error. Im crazy active, 4-5 lifting sessions, high intensity cardio almost daily and a manual labor job and im bodyweight x 15-16.

My brother is not suoer active at work, no cardio and lifts here and there and his maitnence is closer to BW ×10-12

My girl works a desk job and dosent train at all, shes BW ×10 max for maitnence.

This is why I usually just have people write down everything. They eat and total it up. Because nothing is going to be more accurate than what you've already been doing