Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
All,

I thought I would share my current list of functional supplement stacks that I am using, hoping these might help others who are equally as anal retentive (if that is possible). I am offering this just for general information, in case it might help or drive curiosity, but not for suggested changes.

Last edited:
Hypnotic traveling

Hypnotic traveling

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Very detailed list. Love needing out in this **** lol. What do you use the baking soda for? PH level?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Very detailed list. Love needing out in this **** lol. What do you use the baking soda for? PH level?
For electrolyte purposes.

BTW - The typo "Choline comlex" should be "Choline Complex". As a point of refererence, that complex is: Alpha GPC 150 Mg, Citicoline 125 Mg, and DMAE 125 Mg. To that, I add an additional 130 Mg of DMAE.

AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Nice stack! Does the NAC pre bed ever mess with your sleep? I find a slight stimulant effect from it.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nice stack! Does the NAC pre bed ever mess with your sleep? I find a slight stimulant effect from it.
I have not had any sleep issues from NAC that I am aware of. I have tinkered with the pre-bed stack over the years, and this one seems well suited (for me). Some studies suggest that NAC promotes better sleep, and that is why I originally included it.

I understand that supplementing with NAC assists in replenishing glutathione levels, and NAC influences neurotransmitters crucial for regulating sleep. Apparently, an important role of NAC is modulation of glutamate levels in the brain (glutamate is an excitatory neurotransmitter, meaning it keeps your brain active and alert). By regulating glutamate, NAC helps balance the excitatory and inhibitory signals in the brain, theoretically helping you relax and creating a more conducive environment for sleep. NAC’s antioxidant properties help combat oxidative stress, which has been linked to insomnia.

The suppression of glutamate promotes a conversion to GABA, which can also help sleep. GABA acts as an inhibitory neurotransmitter and blocks messages between brain cells - meaning it reduces brain activity to calm the central nervous system. I also supplement witha small amount of GABA, but I believe I am unusually sensitive to it (I started by only taking 500 mg, even though many suggest up to 3000 Mg). When I initially started with larger doses, I got intermittent brief shortness of breath. My reaction to GABA may be lessening, because I have recently been (very slowly) increasing the dose - and am now closer to 750 mg and 900 mg.

Last edited:
AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I have not had any sleep issues from NAC that I am aware of. I have tinkered with the pre-bed stack over the years, and this one seems well suited (for me). Some studies suggest that NAC promotes better sleep, and that is why I originally included it.

I understand that supplementing with NAC assists in replenishing glutathione levels, and NAC influences neurotransmitters crucial for regulating sleep. Apparently, an important role of NAC is modulation of glutamate levels in the brain (glutamate is an excitatory neurotransmitter, meaning it keeps your brain active and alert). By regulating glutamate, NAC helps balance the excitatory and inhibitory signals in the brain, theoretically helping you relax and creating a more conducive environment for sleep. NAC’s antioxidant properties help combat oxidative stress, which has been linked to insomnia.

The suppression of glutamate promotes a conversion to GABA, which can also help sleep. GABA acts as an inhibitory neurotransmitter and blocks messages between brain cells - meaning it reduces brain activity to calm the central nervous system. I also supplement witha small amount of GABA, but I believe I am unusually sensitive to it (I started by only taking 500 mg, even though many suggest up to 3000 Mg). When I initially started with larger doses, I got intermittent brief shortness of breath. My reaction to GABA may be lessening, because I have recently been (very slowly) increasing the dose - and am now closer to 750 mg and 900 mg.
Thank you for the very informative write up. I sometimes supplement GABA for sleep so that makes perfect sense. Perhaps I was over-dosing the NAC and experiencing those mal effects you experience with GABA. I know I have mixed GABA with caffeine and experienced anxiety from it. Never again.
Appreciate the well worded explanation of how it actually functions in the brain.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you for the very informative write up. I sometimes supplement GABA for sleep so that makes perfect sense. Perhaps I was over-dosing the NAC and experiencing those mal effects you experience with GABA. I know I have mixed GABA with caffeine and experienced anxiety from it. Never again.
Appreciate the well worded explanation of how it actually functions in the brain.
My pleasure.