Molding The Dough with Compound 20 (Beta Test)

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll let ya know. Probably just talking. I think I'm run it. They gave me some extra time because I'm finishing up a log, so
I had an extra 2 weeks.
If for what ever reason I really happen to not run, I will def let USP labs and u know for sure and as long as they would be cool I would be 2.

Like I said more than likely I'll end up running it. So in another 2 weeks or so I'll keep ya posted buddy.

Remember guys I just said maybe lol :)
you got me excited...slut...lol...ite man appreciate the consideration anything i can do for yeh, im here

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
well shoot... guess I sent that message for no reason, lol....

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol, not for no reason...it made you look silly :p

maybe they got extra and want me to run it

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
lol, not for no reason...it made you look silly :p

maybe they got extra and want me to run it
that would be even cooler!

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Its a meh on 1-10, lol.....

I will have to get back to you on that... Im about to go hit the weights.... just dosed my preworkout dose...

First time since the updated dosing schedule came through to dose on an empty stomach 30 min pre... (cept for yesterdays failed attempt) so we will have to see how it works out... where im at on the scale... and how the weights have progressed since last week...

Then Ill give a thorough 1 week review....

BRB

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sorry guys, sorry dough :(
Didn't mean that y'all both got all excited

Send another email tell him to 86 that last 1

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'll make this short and sweet too.

I was just about to go on PHF and place an order & my boy Dough suggested epistane :)

On the site as we speak. Went to rep u normally use iPhone and saw who u r RB.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry guys, sorry dough :(
Didn't mean that y'all both got all excited

Send another email tell him to 86 that last 1
dont worry about it bud.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Quick post before I drive home.... I arrived 5 min late (5 past the hour) and finished 10 min early.... All the while weights were heavier and I added an extra couple sets of another exercise and wasn't hardly winded at all, finished feeling strong....

Did compound 20 finally join the show?

More in this in a sec...

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
waiting

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Day 9 (workout)

K.... Story time...

To elaborate on the previous lil tidbit....

I usually work out the last hour that my gym is open, this way the lil lady gets home from work, we have time to chill together, she goes to bed and I go to workout...

So I made "dinner" for us (lunch for me) ate.... 2 hours later dose my preworkout dose and get my stuff together and leave....

I dont know if I was just excited to get into the gym tonight or what but I started feeling pretty energetic on the way to the gym.. no stims right now, didnt even take the half packet of Jacked sample like yesterday... and even caught myself tappin my foot to the music while drivin on cruise control down the freeway...

I get into the gym at what I thought was right on time but Their clock listed 5 after on the wall.. I just figured oh well we will just call it quits when it gets there (my workouts are pretty well set to last an hour with normal rest time etc)...

Well I go and do my 20 push up warm up and rotator stretches grab the 40lb dbs I use for my warm up set.... they feel like 20lb DB's!!!! I look at em again after pressin out 12... nope 40's... felt like nothing... (iknow they arent that heavy anyways but they felt LIGHT)

So in accordance with last weeks lifts I grab the 55lb DB's, smash out 10 VERY easy controlled reps... laugh at myself n say out lout "no way"...

So I decide this week Im skippin 70's goin right to 90 (which I barely pushed through 10 last week) and although heavy throughout, I push a steady 10 reps feel an awesome tightness in my chest the whole time... .but still got 10 with ease...

So instead of doing 95, which I prob should have done, I wanted to wade a lil deeper if I was gonna test new waters this week(worked MUCH heavier years ago, but not since getting back at it this year)... and grabbed the 100's.... I suprised myself and pushed out 6... thought that was it... and powered through a 7th rep... I was proud of myself doing this natty, still going up in strength just 3 months off my 2 month cycle and feeling like this is where Im working next week as a plan...

Well the rest of the workout went well also hit my dips, hit the machine fly and managed to get 10 reps instead of 8 at 295, went and did the incline DB flys, wide decline and even did a superset into super close decline with my elbows tucked to my side on the last set...

I was done... Then I look at the clock... I still had 13 min!!! WTH?

I felt like I took enough rest in between, I was as strong or stronger on all my sets and I wasnt winded a bit throughout...I litterally thought to myself "Did someone slow down the clock or something????" cause I thought I had taken forever psyching myself up to doing the 100's, prob didnt take nearly as much time as I thought and must have felt refreshed or amped enough to just barrel right into the next set through the rest of the workout...

So i decided with how fresh I still felt, I couldnt waste the extra time and hit a couple standing cable presses at some decent weight n then weighed myself and headed out.....

which leads me to this.... Ive been doing cardio.... which I havnt done in a couple months... Im shifting carb intake to sit around activity and take in none at all 4-6 hours pre bed. Im eating VERY clean and although I dont LOOK any bigger or extremely leaner (cept leaner then my bloated day last week)..... Im still up to 194.8lbs.... thats definitely a solid 4.8lbs this last week and 2 days.

iiiiiinteresting...

SO... let me do a quick recap of workout numbers and weight for those that dont read the above narrative...

Chest
20 warmup pushups
DB Press 40x12, 55x10, 90x10, 100x7
Dips 4 sets of 10(4th set I double up the bounce on bottom and top, kinda quarter reps on each end) I need a belt for doing weighted dips....
Machine fly 160x10, 205x10, 250x10, 295x10
Incline DB Fly 30x10, 40x10
Decline WIDE(almost fly but arms are still held pronate) DB press 30x10, 30x10, 40x10/10<-SS 10close reps

Weight after changing up diet to ensure no fat gain and even possible weight loss...
194.8 (+4.8lbs)

So with that Im gonna post up now my first weeks review and impressions...

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sounds a little too good to be honest, its been 9 days your up 4lbs on a low calorie diet with cardio, cmon, i dont think gear would be able to do that.

unless its some kind of superconcetrate glycogen product which could explain the weight and strength temporarily

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
First Week Progress Report and Review

With the inspiration from rochabp, Im going to use a 1-10 scale and brief description for the following sections for this review...

Pump: 2/10
Really nothing special to the pump so far.... I did finally see today one instance of pumping cause my traps and delts were popping on a chest day but overall its just normal workout pumps and nothing special an hour past that...

Body Composition Changes: 5/10
Im throwing this one a 5 cause its right in the middle for me... Initially I blew up, in weight and appearance, not in the good way either... IDK what was going on but the cessation of creatine and the removal of PM administered carbs has dropped the bloat but the scale is still tipped upwards... While with this showing more likely then not that theres stored glycogen and nutrient partitioning going on, I cannot say that I can see any significant changes in the mirror so I really dont know that its much of true LBM... Still no new vascularity, no extra striations showing through, no additional lower belly fatloss.... hopefully this rating will jump as the test continues.

Strength Increases: 10/10
The reason this one is getting a 10 should be obvious if you read my last update... while nothing really felt special last week, this weeks first duplication of a workout showed increase in max weight used for a set, increased reps within a set and increased recovery time. For any kind of natty supp to do this for me in a week impresses me greatly... I hope its a continuing trend and not just some fluke, or this number will assuredly drop in the future.

Sleep and Muscular Recovery: 7/10
Now I have yet to make mention of this... buuut... Ive been sleepin like a baby waking up very well rested and having deep sleep and from time to time vivid dreams. So thats why this rating is as high as it is.... But as for recovery... Ive yet to see anything super impressive.... All the while this stuff, apparent to myself, is great at partitioning nutrients, I am surprisingly still very sore after my workouts and dont seem to be getting any break from C20 on how long it lasts.... we will have to see if this improves as the test progresses.

Side Effects: 2/10(10 being side free)
This is one area thus far where Compound 20 in my honest opinion is lacking greatly, especially for a natty supplement.... The only reason its getting a 2 is cause of the one positive side effect of an increased libido... IDK how to attribute this to Compound 20 as I do not yet know the MOA of the ingredients, but its undeniably the culprit in my more frequent urges to lay some pipe.... OTHER THEN THAT.... I have been bloated up, got tons of acne on my shoulders that popped up since starting and have gone hypo a few times(on purpose and not BUT it can happen if not careful on this supp, users beware) and had some increase in gas... I will still chalk up the one instance of almost crapping myself (first day dosing) to a fluke buuuut... who knows maybe it was my body welcoming Compound 20 and pooping it clean out again, lol.

Overall Initial Impressions: 8/10???
This one here is really kinda hard to rate... my initial experience has been ALL OVER the place with this stuff, from being excited, to being dissapointed to being PISSED to being confused to being impressed.... all in all its DEFINITELY left an initial impression that its doing something so it gets an 8.

Hope that does a good job summing it up for you guys.... This is still early on though so only time will tell where these numbers sit at the end of 30 days.....

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
sounds a little too good to be honest, its been 9 days your up 4lbs on a low calorie diet with cardio, cmon, i dont think gear would be able to do that.

unless its some kind of superconcetrate glycogen product which could explain the weight and strength temporarily
IMO the ONLY explanation for it is glycogen stores and nutrient partitioning effects..... no way its LBM... as you see in my review I was making when you posted that....

It could also def be the explination for a strength increase, I had not thought of that so much...

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sounds like things have finally turned for the good :)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sucks about the gym man, had that happen before too and it is the most frustrating thing ever. You should tell them how you feel next time you're there.
So aside from the possible GDA effects what do you think this stuff is?
Something makes me want to say ursolic acid + something else. just a hunch. I could be totally wrong.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IMO the ONLY explanation for it is glycogen stores and nutrient partitioning effects..... no way its LBM... as you see in my review I was making when you posted that....

It could also def be the explination for a strength increase, I had not thought of that so much...
okay nice man, i trust your reviews but it sounded a little hard to believe at first but the nutrient partioning effects could very well explain what is happening here..i am more subd than ever

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Something makes me want to say ursolic acid + something else. just a hunch. I could be totally wrong.
Huh...that would be interesting to see what uspl could do with ursolic acid...

Personally though I think I'd it contains that there is also much more to it... Too many effects I haven't heard anyone running ursobolic mention

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
sounds like things have finally turned for the good :)
I can hope so... Its gonna take more then one good day convince me but I am a lot more optimistic now.

Edit sorry walking my morning walk n trying to swype.. Horrible typos

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You never know. If users are seeing a little appetite suppression in the later weeks you could be right.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sourdough, one of the sides of this Compound 20 is it gave you the ability to read minds, and pick the right number in the IronMag Labs contest ;)
Lol

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You never know. If users are seeing a little appetite suppression in the later weeks you could be right.
the word ****tail on it tho leads you to believe its more than one ingredient.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
the word ****tail on it tho leads you to believe its more than one ingredient.
That would be all it would take to lead me to think the same thing... but Borrobulker already told me he was impressed by the effects of the individual ingredients themselves and thats all I was let in on how it was working.. lol

Knowing USPL though its prob not more then 3 ingredients and all in effective doses... prob is... is that "effective dose" effective for everyone... thats what this here betas about...

Im really hoping to see it take off this next 2 weeks...

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Sourdough, one of the sides of this Compound 20 is it gave you the ability to read minds, and pick the right number in the IronMag Labs contest ;)
Lol
LOL seems to be!!!

Gettin all sorts of win over here recently... Compound 20 now that!!! n nice thing is its a straight giveaway so Im not held to a time restraining log.... but def interested to crack into it :sgrin:

not cycling again for a couple months though cause I wanna do an UBER cycle with all the trimmings and blood work to boot.

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Ok I'm in for the ride found your thread on my way to gym. Caught up between sets.

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Ok just caught the thread and caught my self up to it and subbed :)

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lookin better dude!! I'm starting my bottle back up next week. I came down w/ mono, so I'm gonna give myself one more week to recover. I too saw huge strength gains. Lookin forward to getting back at it.

As for the gym closing on you - that sucks! I'm a shift worker, so none of my local clubs work for me. I had to settle for SNAP Fitness to better accomodate my schedule. I can even workout at midnight on Chriatmas day if I so choose.. :)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Lookin better dude!! I'm starting my bottle back up next week. I came down w/ mono, so I'm gonna give myself one more week to recover. I too saw huge strength gains. Lookin forward to getting back at it.

As for the gym closing on you - that sucks! I'm a shift worker, so none of my local clubs work for me. I had to settle for SNAP Fitness to better accomodate my schedule. I can even workout at midnight on Chriatmas day if I so choose.. :)
Shift work sux I can vouch for that

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards

Is that one if them with an access card that you just key yourself into? We have one called any time fitness here..cool idea... Just not nearly as much stuff as mine though...

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Were you lovin on some nasties? Lol.

Yeah man shift work here too. Luckily being with [big chemical company name here] I have 24 hour access to the employee gym at my plant, and same access to both of their employee gyms in the town I reside. Sooo convenient! Never get a spotter though :(

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, my gym lacks a bunch of equipment, but they go up to 120's in db's, so I'm all set.

The oil refinery I used to be a firefighter at had plenty of equipment for a solid workout. This chemical plant has no gym! They do, however, pay my dues, so thats cool.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yeah, my gym lacks a bunch of equipment, but they go up to 120's in db's, so I'm all set.

The oil refinery I used to be a firefighter at had plenty of equipment for a solid workout. This chemical plant has no gym! They do, however, pay my dues, so thats cool.
120 DBs is the max at my place 2 and I'm about 40-45lbs away from using them still on chest that is...

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Day 10 (Workout)

So tonights workout was strong again, progressed some numbers but not really the same as yesterday still great considering I only had in one meal today before working out (had to pick up my boy tonight so schedule is switched up a lil).... I hit a lot better on deads tonight, felt stronger n tried more weight then I've ever done but I really want to get critiqued on my form just to make sure I'm holding my back right and locking out at the correct point... Here's a vid...

It feels real good doing one rep... With 225x6 it feels as though I start to falter on form a lil by the last rep... Any and all tips are welcome...

As for the whole workout here is how it went...

Bi/Back
Dead Lifts- 10x135, 10x185, 6x225, 275, 275
DB Curls- 10x20(reg), 10x40(hammer), 10x30(reg), 10x30(inside hammer)
Bent over DB Rows-(done one arm at a time on bench) 10x50, 10x60, 10x70, 10x80
Iso cable lat pulldowns-(done alternating rght/lft while holding partial contraction on stationary arm) 20x40, 20x50, 20x60, 20x70

Weight- 194 even

Compound 20 notes:

Pump was a lot more prevalent tonight... Especially while doing curls, the pump was almost impeding the inward hammer curls n I felt fairly large tonight looking in the mirrors. Thirst still continues... No pumps during the day... Hoping body composition changes are soon to follow but this is becoming more enjoyable as the ride continues...

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good workout man, good notes on c20 and the pump.

Also, the vid says its private so I cant watch it.. sorry :(

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
4 real???? i gotta change that then... poop...

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
ok i think that should do it... is the vid up now????

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
vid loaded.

Good job I think as far as form. But Im no guru.

If anything Id say try to stay more upright on the lift. Seeing it doesn't look like your going for a max effort deadlift the posterior chain should be able to support that weight through the whole lift.

I could be wrong, but just something to think about.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
posterior chain... sorry whats this in reference too???

Are you saying dont crouch so much and pull more from the back???

And again... I just started incorporating deads into my routine this summer.... soooo... that is basically max effort right there as far as I know(havnt tried more but dont know that I can do much more...)

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you really want to practice form, get some shin guards or just armor your legs with cardboard, keep the weight light, and kind of drag the bar up your shins.
I did that for practice to fix my form, which I have to admit still sucks time to time. I rarely did deads but when I started them, strength there went up fast.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
keep that back upright. The posterier chain is basically the muscles that keep your spine stable. Hamstrings, lower back, glutes. Everything keeping you upright. And yea.. you kinda rub/scrape your shins on the way up... That why them deadlifters wear those HUGE LONG @ss socks...

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So tonights workout was strong again, progressed some numbers but not really the same as yesterday still great considering I only had in one meal today before working out (had to pick up my boy tonight so schedule is switched up a lil).... I hit a lot better on deads tonight, felt stronger n tried more weight then I've ever done but I really want to get critiqued on my form just to make sure I'm holding my back right and locking out at the correct point... Here's a vid...
I am by no means an expert. Might just be the angle but it looks like your feet are angled and a little narrow. See how you are more up right and in a squated stance. Going up looks good. Back looks nice and tight.

I would suggest watching these videos which I plan on doing more. Honestly my deadlift is just me grabbing the bar and standing up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vue17RjRhwM&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu3-64C7JEY&feature=relmfu

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
I am by no means an expert. Might just be the angle but it looks like your feet are angled and a little narrow. See how you are more up right and in a squated stance. Going up looks good. Back looks nice and tight.

I would suggest watching these videos which I plan on doing more. Honestly my deadlift is just me grabbing the bar and standing up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vue17RjRhwM&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu3-64C7JEY&feature=relmfu
I think my legs are wide enough apart.... Maybe not.... BUT they are def angled cause I'm mad pigeon toed... Squats and deads hurt my knees if I try putting them straight and parallel to one another.... I know most the vids say do it straight but I just can't without tweekin my knees...

Gonna have to watch done more vis now that I have one to compare n adjust.

Thanks for all the critiques fellas, more are always welcome.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think my legs are wide enough apart.... Maybe not.... BUT they are def angled cause I'm mad pigeon toed... Squats and deads hurt my knees if I try putting them straight and parallel to one another.... I know most the vids say do it straight but I just can't without tweekin my knees...

Gonna have to watch done more vis now that I have one to compare n adjust.

Thanks for all the critiques fellas, more are always welcome.
Like I said might have just been the angle of the camera. Good luck with deadlifts. They are by far my favorite lift to do when I know my strength is going to go up.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Like I said might have just been the angle of the camera. Good luck with deadlifts. They are by far my favorite lift to do when I know my strength is going to go up.
Thanks again bro. I'm having fun with them so far.... The strength will come I'm sure, I just got to keep at it...

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks again bro. I'm having fun with them so far.... The strength will come I'm sure, I just got to keep at it...
They are by far most fun lift. It is great to see people's expression when they see the bar loaded up and bent.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
They are by far most fun lift. It is great to see people's expression when they see the bar loaded up and bent.
I was watching vids just now and noticed bars bending at 315.. I don't think it bent at all @275... Then at 455 I saw some jerk the bar a couple times before lifting and it bent substantially without even coming of the floor... I can only imagine the bend at 680 bro!

Whoa... The other thing I saw.... Twice.... Pukes mid lift... Do not want...