Misfit28 is Changing the Game with New MAN Sports Pure PF3

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
lol at the michellin man

how have your pumps been with PF3 bro? Meant to ask if you noticed a difference in pumps and fullness. I definitely notice a pretty big difference since I've been using PF3

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol at the michellin man

how have your pumps been with PF3 bro? Meant to ask if you noticed a difference in pumps and fullness. I definitely notice a pretty big difference since I've been using PF3
You mean other than the fact that my muscles feel like they're gonna burst at times? ;)

I thought maybe it was just the PWO I was using, but I recently changed to see and I'm still getting some awesome pumps. My muscles feel full a lot now. Vascularity this morning was harder to see because of my bloatedness, but I could still tell that my muscles were pumped to the max.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update coming later, busy day today. Hit Deadlifts this morning.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Misfit is workin them deads! Watch out full body assault!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: 9/18/2013

Sorry for the lack of updates, guys!! It's been crazy at work lately :(

I hit Deadlifts hard yesterday. I wasn't happy with my form, something was off a bit. I still ended up getting way more reps than I thought, though. I guess I should have upped the weight a bit. The barbell I was using was different than the one I usually use, so that may have made a difference as well. My hips just didn't feel as engaged.

I'm still recovering nicely, and my muscles feel more full every day! My Large shirts are getting tighter in the chest, arms and shoulders :D

I need to go on a cut soon to get some of this remaining fat off, not sure when. It would be really interesting to see how PF3 works on a cut, so I may have to pick up a couple of tubs. I might switch back to LeanGains to cut, and maybe even transition to an RPT style training program. I just don't want to lose a lot of this hard earned muscle along with the fat. I'll do a modest cut, aiming at not much more than 1 lb. per week, which should keep the muscle loss to a minimum. Somehow I feel like a lower volume program might cause me to lose more muscle. Any thoughts?

Anyway, my weight and BF% update will be coming once again on Thursday. My Droid phone died recently, so I don't have a good way to take a picture now :( All I have is an old Blackberry potato cam ;) Maybe I can use my iPad for a few shots. I feel bad for not taking more pics during this log!!!

I'm still doing PF3 the same way: 1 scoop pre with ArA and PWO, 1 scoop intra with BCAAs, 1 scoop post with creatine and 2 scoops of Fermented Leucine. One rest days, I'm just doing two scoops again. My tubs are getting a little more empty, and I want to ride this as long as I can ;)

Here's the workout that I did yesterday morning:

Barbell Deadlift:

135 lb x 5 reps (+66 pts)
160 lb x 5 reps (+78 pts)
190 lb x 3 reps (+76 pts)
225 lb x 3 reps (+97 pts)
255 lb x 3 reps (+119 pts)
285 lb x 8 reps (+206 pts)
285 lb x 4 reps (+165 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C2, W2, D3: My form was a bit off today, I think I wasn't driving through my hips enough. That, and the barbell was different, so I think my spacing was off a bit. I counted the last set as two sets, as I paused a little after the 8 reps.

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown:

100 lb x 10 reps (+30 pts)

60s rest between sets. I really concentrated on full lat contraction each rep this time. I could really feel it much better today.

One-Arm Dumbbell Row:

40 lb x 15 reps (+41 pts)

Man, these always get my heart rate up! Lats were trashed at the end of these! 60s rest between sets.

Hyperextension:

15 reps (+5 pts)
15 reps (+5 pts)
15 reps (+5 pts)
15 reps (+5 pts)

Man, these are like torture sometimes! Really focused on my glutes/hamstrings and slow reps. 90s rest between sets.

Ab Wheel (kneeling):

15 reps (+27 pts)
15 reps (+27 pts)
15 reps (+27 pts)
15 reps (+27 pts)

Switched it up a bit by going left, center right on each rep. Total of 5 reps each direction on each set. Much harder! 90s rest between sets.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: 9/18/2013

Sorry for the lack of updates, guys!! It's been crazy at work lately :(

I hit Deadlifts hard yesterday. I wasn't happy with my form, something was off a bit. I still ended up getting way more reps than I thought, though. I guess I should have upped the weight a bit. The barbell I was using was different than the one I usually use, so that may have made a difference as well. My hips just didn't feel as engaged.

I'm still recovering nicely, and my muscles feel more full every day! My Large shirts are getting tighter in the chest, arms and shoulders :D

I need to go on a cut soon to get some of this remaining fat off, not sure when. It would be really interesting to see how PF3 works on a cut, so I may have to pick up a couple of tubs. I might switch back to LeanGains to cut, and maybe even transition to an RPT style training program. I just don't want to lose a lot of this hard earned muscle along with the fat. I'll do a modest cut, aiming at not much more than 1 lb. per week, which should keep the muscle loss to a minimum. Somehow I feel like a lower volume program might cause me to lose more muscle. Any thoughts?

Anyway, my weight and BF% update will be coming once again on Thursday. My Droid phone died recently, so I don't have a good way to take a picture now :( All I have is an old Blackberry potato cam ;) Maybe I can use my iPad for a few shots. I feel bad for not taking more pics during this log!!!

I'm still doing PF3 the same way: 1 scoop pre with ArA and PWO, 1 scoop intra with BCAAs, 1 scoop post with creatine and 2 scoops of Fermented Leucine. One rest days, I'm just doing two scoops again. My tubs are getting a little more empty, and I want to ride this as long as I can ;)

Here's the workout that I did yesterday morning:

Barbell Deadlift:

225 lb x 3 reps (+97 pts)
255 lb x 3 reps (+119 pts)
285 lb x 8 reps (+206 pts)
285 lb x 4 reps (+165 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C2, W2, D3: My form was a bit off today, I think I wasn't driving through my hips enough. That, and the barbell was different, so I think my spacing was off a bit. I counted the last set as two sets, as I paused a little after the 8 reps.

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown:

60s rest between sets. I really concentrated on full lat contraction each rep this time. I could really feel it much better today.

One-Arm Dumbbell Row:

Man, these always get my heart rate up! Lats were trashed at the end of these! 60s rest between sets.

Hyperextension:

15 reps (+5 pts)
15 reps (+5 pts)
15 reps (+5 pts)
15 reps (+5 pts)

Man, these are like torture sometimes! Really focused on my glutes/hamstrings and slow reps. 90s rest between sets.

Ab Wheel (kneeling):

15 reps (+27 pts)
15 reps (+27 pts)
15 reps (+27 pts)
15 reps (+27 pts)

Switched it up a bit by going left, center right on each rep. Total of 5 reps each direction on each set. Much harder! 90s rest between sets.
Nice work!!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: 9/19/2013

I have a pretty darn good update today. I was more vascular today than I have been in a while, that may be in part to a new pre-workout that I am trying out. We'll see if continues. Muscles felt really full today, and I felt pretty strong. I hit chest today, and my Bench was stronger than it has been. I didn't try for more reps on my top set due to no spotter, but still a great workout!

In related excellent news, I weighed in today at 226.8#, which is nuts. When I started this log, I was right at about 219 or so.

On another note, I had my BF% tested this morning as well, and it came out at 19.6% :eek:

isthisreallife-jpeg-meme-generator-is-this-real-life-9b20e5.jpeg?1349256599.jpg

Pretty awesome!

It could be the ArA helping out as well, and I'm actually cutting that out as of today. The inflammation from it is really getting to me, and might possibly be giving me IBD of some sort. Once I cut that out, I will definitely be able to tell. It was a good run with the ArA, but enough is enough.

Here's what I did this morning:

Workout

Barbell Bench Press:

45 lb x 10 reps (+43 pts)
70 lb x 5 reps (+43 pts)
90 lb x 5 reps (+50 pts)
105 lb x 3 reps (+44 pts)
120 lb x 3 reps (+49 pts)
140 lb x 3 reps (+56 pts)
155 lb x 6 reps (+82 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C2, W2, D3 These felt like good, clean reps. No spotter, so I didn't push it too much,. I actually might have gotten 7 or 8 with a spotter.

Dumbbell Bench Press:

40 lb x 10 reps (+55 pts)

These were pretty easy, might go up in weight next cycle. 90s rest between sets.

Dips - Chest Version:

10 reps || assisted || 125 lb (+6 pts)

I lowered the assistance for all 4 sets this time. 90s rest between sets. Felt good.

Machine Chest Fly (Pec Deck):

40 lb x 10 reps (+10 pts)

Pretty easy. Good contractions today. 90s rest between sets.

Triceps Pushdown - Rope Attachment:

20 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)
20 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)
20 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)
20 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)

These were pretty easy today. 90s rest rest between sets.

Stretching:

5 min (+2 pts)

Calves, hamstrings, lats, quads

Shoulder Dislocation:

10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
What the heck is shoulder dislocation?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What the heck is shoulder dislocation?
This is where I learned them:
[video=youtube;33P5AI27eiU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpag e&v=33P5AI27eiU[/video]

However, I don't do them this quickly. I use a slower approach.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doing work in here MFit. Keep up the good lifting brother!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's your new pre?
I'm trying out Scivation's new pre Psycho. A buddy of mine sent me a tub to try out :)

I actually didn't hit the gym today, had to head to the doctor. I missed leg day :(

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Oh no, that sucks. Keep us informed on how psycho is.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh no, that sucks. Keep us informed on how psycho is.
Thanks, man! I'm alright. Should be back to my regularly scheduled workouts on Monday :)

I took two scoops of Psycho on Thursday, and it was pretty good. Not quite as good as Game Day was, though ;)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: 9/23/2013

Sorry about the delay guys! I have been religiously taking my PF3 at two scoops on rest days and three on Workout days. Today, I switched it up a bit to see how it affected pump. This morning was pretty bad, because I took a pain reliever in the middle of the night and it made me extremely nauseated upon waking :(

I took 3 scoops of Psycho, 1 scoop of PF3 intra with my BCAAs, and 1 scoop of PF3 post workout with my 5g Creatine and 2 scoops of Fermented Leucine. I felt that Psycho gave a pretty darn good pump, but I think taking 1 scoop of PF3 with my PWO really makes the pump awesome. I'll experiment again next workout to see for sure.

I'm nearing the bottom of the first tub of Fermented Leucine, and both of my PF3 tubs are getting low :(

I'm still leaning out quite a bit, even more now that I got my calories back down around 3,600 per day. I'm going to drop down to about 3,400 in the coming weeks, and hopefully I will lean out even more then. My goal is 10% BF at about 205. We'll see if I can get there :D

Here's my shoulder workout from this morning. I am loving the Delt Destroyers!!!

Workout:

Standing Barbell Shoulder Press (OHP):

50 lb x 5 reps (+51 pts)
60 lb x 5 reps (+54 pts)
75 lb x 3 reps (+48 pts)
90 lb x 5 reps (+67 pts)
100 lb x 3 reps (+57 pts)
115 lb x 5 reps (+79 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C2, W3, D1: Skipped Leg day on Friday due to the doctor, and I was a bit out of it today. I might have gotten 6 reps on this, but I know for a fact that I got at least 5, so I'll log that ;) Pretty good for 1+ week.

Face Pull:

50 lb x 10 reps (+20 pts)

These felt great today. Used a slightly different pulley machine and these felt even better. My posture is getting much better too. 90s rest between sets.

Standing Dumbbell Shoulder Press:

25 lb x 12 reps (+50 pts)

Felt good, good burn in anterior delts. 90s rest between sets.

Lying Rear Delt Raise:

30 lb x 60 reps (+22 pts)
15 lb x 30 reps (+10 pts)
8 lb x 15 reps (+8 pts)

Whoa, my posterior delts were on fire after these! First time to get over 100 reps. First two sets were only partial ROM, of course. Last set was as full of a ROM I could manage doing 2 second squeezes at the top. I can tell my posterior delts are growing quite well from these.

Dumbbell Bicep Curl:

20 lb x 12 reps (+27 pts)

Pump made these hard to finish :) 90s rest between sets.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice workout MisFit. Great log to follow.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Great job in here buddy......

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: 9/24/2013​

I had Deadlifts this morning, pretty much my favorite lift!

I dosed three scoops of Apple Asylum Psycho this morning before Deadlifts with 1 scoop of PF3.

I noticed that I got lightheaded halfway through my workout, and am wondering if it has something to do with too much Vinpocetine? I might taper back down to two scoops tomorrow to see if that subsides. I'm working on Deadlift form, and sometimes that can get me feeling that way. I usually do Ab Wheel rollouts on this day, but just didn't feel like hitting them this morning. I had some decent vascularity, but nothing more than normal lately. I got more veins popping on the DB rows, of course. The other exercises aren't really known for the pump ;) I'll have to dose the PF3 again with this pre to see if that makes a difference on Chest day or when I do Bicep curls.

My recovery is still great on PF3, and still noticing muscle fullness and enhanced recovery.

Kind of a weak showing for Deadlifts today, the form tweaks have me putting too much air into my face, if that makes sense. That may have contributed to the light headed feeling as well, as I blew a couple (not many) blood vessels under my right eye.

Here's the workout from this morning:

Workout:

Barbell Deadlift:

240 lb x 5 reps (+134 pts)
270 lb x 3 reps (+131 pts)
300 lb x 7 reps (+221 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C2, W3, D2: Felt decently strong today, but a bit lightheaded. Too much air held in the face, I guess Focusing on form, getting my hamstrings tight, being explosive and getting my hips into the lift more.

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown:

105 lb x 10 reps (+31 pts)
100 lb x 5 reps (+26 pts)

Felt good, good MMC on these. I had upped the weight by 5 lbs., but decided to drop it back for the last set to feel the contraction better. 90s rest between sets.

One-Arm Dumbbell Row:

90s rest between sets. I ALWAYS pour sweat during these!!!

Hyperextension:

15 reps (+7 pts)
15 reps (+7 pts)
15 reps (+7 pts)
15 reps (+7 pts)

90s rest between sets. Focused on slow contraction of glutes and hamstrings on these. Might add weight next week. Skipped Ab Wheel this week, too lightheaded.

Shoulder Dislocation:

10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Could be a little too much stim; could be some blood pressure changes from the deadlifts (remember to breathe properly!)

Always glad to see these updates and to see that PF3 is proving to be beneficial!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I always forget to breath right on deads. I absolutely hate them. I always have to hold arms over head and try not to pass out.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
How does the apple asylum taste? We don't need you passing out now, I forget to breath sometimes too on deads.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How does the apple asylum taste? We don't need you passing out now, I forget to breath sometimes too on deads.
It tastes pretty darn good. A lot like an Apple Jolly Rancher. For some reason, I keep thinking it tastes like something else, but can't put my finger on it. It is a very tart/sour apple taste.

And I've only almost passed out once on Deadlifts. I went to one knee, then regained my senses. Scared the crap out of this guy near me, LOL.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Damn it would scare me too if you were next to me

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: 9/26/2013

Not a good day for my Bench press :( My left shoulder has been pretty stiff and a little painful lately, and I really felt it this morning on my bench. I only got 5 sets into my warmups when I decided to abort :(

Just unracking the 150 was too uncomfortable, so I decided to stay safe. I hit my pecs pretty hard with all the other movements, though :)

Hopefully it will get better over the next week with my deload. If not, I might have to bite the bullet and go to a sports medicine doctor.

Still using the same dosing scheme for PF3, and still taking ArA. It seems like the bottle of XFA never ends!!!

Took 4 XFA about 1 hour before lifting, and took Psycho at 3 scoops again with no PF3. I'm going to dose another scoop of PF3 in a minute with my Creatine and 2 scoops of Leucine.

I also did my weight and BF% again today. I was very pleased with the results.I averaged a little under 3,600 calories for the past week, and my weight dropped slightly to 226.2#. My BF% also dropped just a bit to 19.5%. Still managing to stay about the same BF% with a pretty high caloric intake, which is awesome! I will probably run out of PF3 in about a week or so. I'm going to start cutting soon for a competition on another forum, so I will definitely miss the PF3 :(

A quick review of my weight and BF% progress over the length of this log so far:

On 8/29/2013: 219.4# 18.7% BF

Today: 226.2# 19.5% BF

That looks pretty decent to me! Not sure if it is possible, but according to those numbers, I gained about 3.71 pounds of LBM and 3.081 pounds of fat. Hopefully a nice slow cut for a few months will reveal some decent gains!

here is the workout that I finished this morning:

Workout:

Barbell Bench Press:

45 lb x 10 reps (+43 pts)
70 lb x 5 reps (+43 pts)
90 lb x 5 reps (+50 pts)
105 lb x 3 reps (+44 pts)
130 lb x 5 reps (+65 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C2, W3, D3: Well, my left shoulder acted up today pretty badly, so I decided not to push it by stopping on my 5th set :( I got quite a bit of discomfort from just holding the 150 after unracking, so decided to call it a day for this exercise.....Might have to see a sports medicin

Dumbbell Bench Press:

These felt OK, a little twinge in my left shoulder, but not bad. 90s rest between sets. Almost felt a bit too light.

Dips - Chest Version:

Pretty easy, and little left shoulder pain, surprisingly. 90s rest between sets. Feel stronger here too.

Machine Chest Fly (Pec Deck):

45 lb x 10 reps (+10 pts)

These felt really good as well. Upped by 5 lbs. on last set to really hit the pecs since i didn't finish my Barbell Bench. 90s rest between sets.

Triceps Pushdown - Rope Attachment:

20 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)
20 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)
20 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)
20 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)

These felt really good. I really focused on holding tension in the muscles the entire time and not letting the weight touch the stack. Good tricep burn. 90s rest between sets.

Shoulder Dislocation:

10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)

These were kinda painful, but not too bad. More tight than anything. Done with a wide grip and slowly to get a good stretch.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
What competition are you cutting for and what other forum are you going to log on?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What competition are you cutting for and what other forum are you going to log on?
The decision on who is going to compete is being made soon, but it is for AEN on bb.com. There's a cutting and a bulking category.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Imma have to check that out....

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: 9/27/2013

Getting low on PF3, maybe about a week left. Hard to really tell by looking at the bottles.

I am curious to see what kind of DOMS I will have from Leg day today, as I didn't Squat or anything last week. I usually get sore as hell after not lifting the previous week for that body part.

I used a scoop today with my PWO (2.5 scoops of Psycho), 1 scoop intra with BCAAs, and 1 scoop post with 2 scoops of Leucine and 5g of Creatine. I am almost out of the first tub of Fermented Leucine, but still have an unopened tub of it left :)

I was able to REALLY feel the contractions from all of my movements today. I was able to get excellent focus, and my pump was pretty cool for leg day. Part of it is the Psycho, IMO.

I sure hope I can walk tomorrow ;)

Here's my workout below. I really need to get my Squat numbers higher, I feel like a weakling sometimes because of it. I'll just keep working!

Workout

Barbell Squat:

80 lb x 5 reps (+45 pts)
100 lb x 5 reps (+52 pts)
120 lb x 3 reps (+48 pts)
150 lb x 5 reps (+73 pts)
165 lb x 3 reps (+64 pts)
185 lb x 5 reps (+92 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C2, W3, D4: End of the cycle. I expect to be disabled from DOMS in my legs tomorrow from not Squatting last Friday. I should be much stronger on Squats than this....

Leg Press:

135 lb x 15 reps (+23 pts)

I stacked all three plates directly on the post behind my head and it seemed harder. 90s rest between sets. My quads were fiery jello at the finish ;)

Leg Extensions:

55 lb x 12 reps (+11 pts)

Quads destroyed after these. 90s rest between sets.

Seated Leg Curl:

65 lb x 12 reps (+12 pts)

These were almost too easy. Once again my hamstrings are overpowering my quads....90s rest between sets.

Sit-Up:

10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)
8 reps (+5 pts)

These are actually Decline sit-ups with no extra weight. I failed on the third set. Much harder than regular flat sit ups. 90s rest between sets.

Seated Calf Raise:

70 lb x 12 reps (+12 pts)

Lowered the weight again to get a deep stretch and hard squeeze at the top. 90s rest between sets.

Shoulder Dislocation:

10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)

Stretching:
10 min (+2 pts)

Quads, hamstrings, calves, glutes/piriformis

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another killer workout. Rubber legs! Lol

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My legs hurt just reading that workout. Good Work

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
A week left! Oh no, well your in luck if your a 1%er, the PF3 deal is great. Running low on PF3 sucks, I love the stuff. Definitely not lifting without it ever:)

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Your volume is awesome misfit great job as usual!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My legs hurt just reading that workout. Good Work
A week left! Oh no, well your in luck if your a 1%er, the PF3 deal is great. Running low on PF3 sucks, I love the stuff. Definitely not lifting without it ever:)
Your volume is awesome misfit great job as usual!
Thanks, guys! Man, my legs are feeling it today. Surprisingly not as bad as I expected, but still pretty sore. I took a total of 4 scoops of PF3 yesterday to try to heal up a bit more :)

I wonder what my DOMS would have been like without it?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Thanks, guys! Man, my legs are feeling it today. Surprisingly not as bad as I expected, but still pretty sore. I took a total of 4 scoops of PF3 yesterday to try to heal up a bit more :)

I wonder what my DOMS would have been like without it?
I can't imagine...3 scoops pf3 and still felt like jello after legs

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: 9/30/2013

Legs are still a little sore, but not bad at all. My tubs of PF3 are both getting really low, and may not last through the week :(

It's deload week this week, so the volume and intensity are dropped quite a bit on my main lifts, and I cut the intensity but kept the volume on my accessory exercises.

Still got a good pump today. Only taking two scoops per day of Pure PF3 during deload week.

I must say, this supp has treated me extremely well so far. II have not had a scoop of protein powder during this entire log, but I have had quite a few protein bars. At the most, I have had 2 in a day, but most days it is only one bar.

Starting my cut after this deload week, as I got chosen to compete in the AEN contest. I'm tapering down calories slowly, dropping about 100-200 calories per day on a weekly basis. I'm dropping carbs and keeping my fat and protein minimums. I got accepted as a contestant in the Cut contest on BB.com :D

Here's my workout from this morning:

Workout:

Standing Barbell Shoulder Press (OHP):

50 lb x 5 reps (+51 pts)
60 lb x 5 reps (+54 pts)
75 lb x 5 reps (+60 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C2, W4, D1: Deload week

Face Pull:

25 lb x 10 reps (+17 pts)

60s rest between sets. Easy. Dropped intensity for deload week, volume the same.

Standing Dumbbell Shoulder Press:

12 lb x 12 reps (+42 pts)

Really easy. Dropped the weight by half, same reps and sets. 60s rest between sets.

Lying Rear Delt Raise:

8 lb x 30 reps (+10 pts)
3 lb x 10 reps (+8 pts)

Man, even with light weight these "delt destroyers" burn like hell. Only rest was picking up the new DB. Halved the normal weight, same reps. Massive pump and burn on rear delts. First two sets were really one.

Dumbbell Bicep Curl:

10 lb x 12 reps (+25 pts)

Halved the weight, same reps. 60s rest between sets.

Shoulder Dislocation:

10 reps (+5 pts)
20 reps (+5 pts)

Left shoulder is still stiff. I noticed today that my left trap looks a bit smaller than my right one, I wonder if it is shoulder related?

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it possible that you are not getting the same ROM on the left side, due to the shoulder issue?

Also congrats on the AEN contest, It should be fun. I needed something to challenge myself. Hardest part for me will be uploading the pics, I am ashamed of where I am currently. I once went from 320-179 so I know how to do it, I just need to DO IT!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is it possible that you are not getting the same ROM on the left side, due to the shoulder issue?

Also congrats on the AEN contest, It should be fun. I needed something to challenge myself. Hardest part for me will be uploading the pics, I am ashamed of where I am currently. I once went from 320-179 so I know how to do it, I just need to DO IT!

I think so. I hope I don't have to have surgery :(

Thanks, man! I know the feeling about the pics, I was really embarrassed the first time I did it. That's an impressive loss! How long did it take you to drop that much? Took me a long while to get down to about 215 from 335, about 2 years. I slowed down at the end on purpose, though :)

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think so. I hope I don't have to have surgery :(

Thanks, man! I know the feeling about the pics, I was really embarrassed the first time I did it. That's an impressive loss! How long did it take you to drop that much? Took me a long while to get down to about 215 from 335, about 2 years. I slowed down at the end on purpose, though :)
I did most of it in just over a year. I was going through a divorce, and lost my job so I had a lot of time to work out. Plus this was in 05-06 so lots of ECA, and 1,3 when it hit market. I was doing keto diet, probably staying in ketosis way to long. Then after I got a new full time job and relationship I let myself slowly balloon back up to my current weight of 306 :(

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
I did most of it in just over a year. I was going through a divorce, and lost my job so I had a lot of time to work out. Plus this was in 05-06 so lots of ECA, and 1,3 when it hit market. I was doing keto diet, probably staying in ketosis way to long. Then after I got a new full time job and relationship I let myself slowly balloon back up to my current weight of 306 :(
ECA is still awesome for fat loss for sure. and I give you credit doing Keto, I die when I don't have carbs :(

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I remember when I first worked out, I took some Twinlab Ripped Fuel and was working out 3 hours a day 4-5 days a week. Too ignorant to know better, but damn if I didn't cut up over the summer!

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I'll be honest, I think I'm the only person that hasn't seen great fat loss with ECA. I wish it worked as well as others have said

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: 10/2/2013​

Didn't get yesterday's update up because I was really busy. I am running exremely low on PF3, finished out my Fruit Punch tub this morning :( I may only have a scoop or two of Grape left as well :( It is a sad, sad day.

I will take some final pictures and weight/BF% readings by the end of the week. I usually do that on Thursday, but the next log/contest I am starting should start on Saturday (product arrives on Friday). I'm lazy, so one set of pics will be my after shots for here and my before shots for that ;)

Here's my boring (but necessary!) deload workout from yesterday:

Workout: 10/1/2013

Barbell Deadlift:

190 lb x 5 reps (+95 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C2, W4, D2: Deload week. What can I say....Easy.

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown:

50 lb x 10 reps (+21 pts)

Dropped the intensity (weight) by half for deload week. Really easy, and really easy to get a full contraction of my lats with shoulder blade retraction. 60s rest between sets.

One-Arm Dumbbell Row:

20 lb x 15 reps (+36 pts)

Easy as well, good ROM with good lat stretch at the bottom. 60s between sets.

Hyperextension:

15 reps (+7 pts)
15 reps (+7 pts)

As per normal on deload, I halve the sets for deload week on BW exercises. 60s rest between sets.

Shoulder Dislocation:

10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)

Done really slow to focus on the pec stretch and loosen up my shoulders.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry for the lack of updates, guys!

I ran out of PF3 yesterday morning, as I only had 1 scoop of the Candy grape left :(

Still deload week, so not much to report on that.

I can report that I felt like I had less energy this morning during my workout without the PF3 :( I will see how recovery goes next week with no PF3 as well. I'm expecting it to hurt!

I will get a final review up soon for this, and I mgiht even do a video review if I can get a good video to upload to YouTube :)

I'm getting into the cutting challenge on BB.com now, so i am transitioning back to IF and cutting down my calories by 10% every week or so. I rode the bulk for a good long while.

Yesterday I ended up at 221.4# at 19.3% BF.

I need to put together a collage from my before and after pics as well. I'll work on that too!

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Sorry for the lack of updates, guys! I ran out of PF3 yesterday morning, as I only had 1 scoop of the Candy grape left :( Still deload week, so not much to report on that. I can report that I felt like I had less energy this morning during my workout without the PF3 :( I will see how recovery goes next week with no PF3 as well. I'm expecting it to hurt! I will get a final review up soon for this, and I mgiht even do a video review if I can get a good video to upload to YouTube :) I'm getting into the cutting challenge on BB.com now, so i am transitioning back to IF and cutting down my calories by 10% every week or so. I rode the bulk for a good long while. Yesterday I ended up at 221.4# at 19.3% BF. I need to put together a collage from my before and after pics as well. I'll work on that too!
You ran an amazing log! Can't wait for the final review!