Misfit28 is Changing the Game with New MAN Sports Pure PF3

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: 9/6/2013

Still feeling pretty good on deload week. My joints are getting pretty achy from the ArA. I don't want to stop taking it, but if this gets worse I might have to :mad: No muscular pain, it is more joint/tendon I think. And it's not pain so much as discomfort.

Anyway, I'll be glad to come back harder on Monday for the next cycle of 5/3/1. Monday will be OHP with accessories. I plan on destroying my delts with the delt destroyers instead of just rear delt dumbbell raises.

I'm still staying regular with the PF3 usage, but my gut seems to be stabilizing a bit. This is good. Not sure if I am going to jump back up to three scoops or not next week, or just stick with the pre and post two scoop scheme that I have done this week. I'll play it by ear.

Here's my last deload workout:

Barbell Squat:

75 lb x 5 reps (+44 pts)
95 lb x 5 reps (+50 pts)
115 lb x 5 reps (+57 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C1, W4, D4: And deload week is done. This ArA is making my leg inflammation kinda uncomfortable so far. I'm about halfway through the 50 day cycle of it, maybe I will get used to it. Hip flexors felt especially tight.

Leg Press:

135 lb x 15 reps (+23 pts)
135 lb x 15 reps (+23 pts)

Once again, using just the weight of the plates. 60s rest between sets. Halved the number of sets for deload.

Leg Extensions:

25 lb x 12 reps (+9 pts)
25 lb x 12 reps (+9 pts)
25 lb x 12 reps (+9 pts)
25 lb x 12 reps (+9 pts)

Easy, had to really focus to even feel these!! 60s rest between sets.

Seated Leg Curl:

30 lb x 12 reps (+9 pts)
30 lb x 12 reps (+9 pts)
30 lb x 12 reps (+9 pts)
30 lb x 12 reps (+9 pts)

Same thing here. So easy that I had to squeeze really hard to even feel anything. 60s rest between sets.

Sit-Up:

15 reps (+7 pts)
15 reps (+7 pts)

90s rest between sets. Halved the number of sets for deload week.

Seated Calf Raise:

135 lb x 12 reps (+19 pts)
135 lb x 12 reps (+19 pts)

Good calf burn, halved the sets for deload week. 60s rest between sets. I feel like I need to switch these up, not getting a good ROM here. Maybe Barbell Calf Raises?

Shoulder Dislocation:

10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)

Foam Rolling:
10 min (+18 pts)

Same as yesterday: piriformis/glutes, quds, IT bands, hip flexor, upper back

Stretching:

10 min (+2 pts)

Same as yesterday: Calves, quads, hamstrings

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Awesome detail on your log when explaining the exercises, I think that is great. Second day of PF3 with no whey and I can already tell I'm less bloated and more drier! This stuff could be lethal:)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome detail on your log when explaining the exercises, I think that is great. Second day of PF3 with no whey and I can already tell I'm less bloated and more drier! This stuff could be lethal:)
Absolutely! I can't wait to see how much muscle I put on! :)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ready to hit the gym in the morning to start my new 5/3/1 cycle!

No soreness at all from last week, but I didn't really expect any ;)

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm taking a probiotic every day in addition to PF3. Can't say I've had the GI issues some in here have had. Good luck with the 5/3/1; you have everything well-planned as always!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know I feel "bigger" at 165 than I did at 175
That definition really does make a huge difference once you peel off some fat/water. Muscles take on their true shape.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Might bump up to 6-8 X-Factors myself
Yeah, I'm feeling a bit better now with the weekend rest and deload week. :)

I'm not dosing my ArA on rest days, only pre-workout right now. Maybe I should up mine to 6 as well. I'm going to see how I feel after today's brutal workout :)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm taking a probiotic every day in addition to PF3. Can't say I've had the GI issues some in here have had. Good luck with the 5/3/1; you have everything well-planned as always!
The GI issues seem to be going away for me. I'm back up to three doses on workout days (pre, post, intra), so I'll see if it recurs with the upped dose.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: 9/9/2013

Back at it, starting my second cycle of 5/3/1 Bodybuilder this morning. Feels good to go heavier and more intense than last week. I felt pretty strong, and my pumps/vascularity were out of this world today! I actually ate a few more calories than I intended over the weekend, but I'm sure it will be fine :)

My muscles are feeling very full lately, and I seem to have more veins becoming visible every day. I guess eating almost 4,000 calories a day will do that for you. I don't seem to be gaining a lot of weight, either, which is really awesome. Once again, I will weigh and do my BF% on Thursday. I can't wait to see what it reveals!

GI issues seem to be fading away with time, and I am feeling pretty good. My workout was after about 4 and a half hours of sleep last night, because my son decided to bust a glowstick and get some of the stuff in his eye. So, we had to make an ER trip last night at about 8PM and didn't get home until after 11PM. Got to bed about midnight and up at 4:30 to hit the gym.

Luckily, he is fine and no permanent damage done!

In my workout today, I decided to throw in some delt destroyers, and am I glad I did! Thanks for the suggestion niners4reggie! The pump and burn were crazy!

I tried upping the weight on all of my accessory movements, but went a little quickly on a few of them. I'm going to drop back down to get my full ROM on them next week. I did feel stronger, just wasn't up to the full reps on every set with the added weight yet.

Here's my workout for the day, it took me a little over 45 minutes, and I was sweating pretty good by the end. My biceps and shoulders were so pumped by the end, that it was hard to move them :) I am excited to see how much DOMS I have, because I did indeed destroy my delts!

Workout

Standing Barbell Shoulder Press (OHP):

50 lb x 5 reps (+51 pts)
60 lb x 5 reps (+54 pts)
75 lb x 3 reps (+48 pts)
80 lb x 5 reps (+62 pts)
90 lb x 5 reps (+67 pts)
100 lb x 10 reps (+84 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C2, W1, D1: These felt really good. My all-time PR is 11 reps, but I didn't push it. Last two sets had 5 minutes between them.

Face Pull:

50 lb x 10 reps (+20 pts)

Added 5 lbs. to these. Good, clean reps. 90s rest between sets.

Standing Dumbbell Shoulder Press:

30 lb x 12 reps (+54 pts)
25 lb x 12 reps (+50 pts)

I think I added 5 lbs. a bit prematurely to these. The last set was a grinder at the end. Still decent, and a great delt burn! 90s rest between sets.

Bent-Over Rear Delt Raise:

30 lb x 30 reps (+25 pts)
15 lb x 30 reps (+23 pts)
8 lb x 10 reps (+18 pts)

Not sure how to log these on here, but they are the "hang and swing" rear delt "destroyers". First time time these, I might drop the weight a bit to get 60 reps on the first set next week. My god, these burn! The first two sets were the partial ROM hand and swing, last set was full ROM with a 2 second squeeze at the top.

Dumbbell Bicep Curl:

25 lb x 12 reps (+28 pts)
20 lb x 12 reps (+27 pts)
15 lb x 12 reps (+26 pts)

Once again, I think I might have upped the weight too quickly. Next time I will stick with 20# and hit all four sets with that weight. Nice squeeze at the top on each rep. 90s rest between sets. These were standing, alternating arms. Biceps are a weak point of mine, as I just really started directly training them within the last month or two.

Shoulder Dislocation:

10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)

Successively narrowing my grip each set.

Stretching:

10 min (+2 pts)

Glutes/piriformis, calves, hamstrings, quads

Foam Rolling:

5 min (+9 pts)

Should have done this a bit longer, but I hit my piriformis, IT bands, quads/hip flexors and upper back

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Nice workout at 5am! Glad to see your sons ok, I bet that was crazy.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad you liked the delt destroyers my man, I love to throw them in!!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice workout at 5am! Glad to see your sons ok, I bet that was crazy.
Thanks! Yes it was. I think he has been to the ER more times so far than I have in my whole life ;) He is always doing something crazy ;)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad you liked the delt destroyers my man, I love to throw them in!!
I liked them too! I'm going to drop the weight on the first set and try for 60 partial ROM reps, like they recommend. Then the 30 partials and 10 full ROM.

Guess what? No shoulder soreness today!!!!! :eek:

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I liked them too! I'm going to drop the weight on the first set and try for 60 partial ROM reps, like they recommend. Then the 30 partials and 10 full ROM.

Guess what? No shoulder soreness today!!!!! :eek:
Hard for me to get used to no crunchiness in my shoulders since I've been doing PT rehab. What am I to do with myself? Besides destroy my shoulders again...

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: 9/10/2013

I expected to be sore from yesterday's workout, as it was right after a deload week where I went pretty light and/or reduced the volume by 50%. I had a bit of soreness in my left bicep, and that was it! This is really kinda nuts!

I took the PF3 yesterday just like I did when I started: 1 scoop pre with ArA and my pre-workout, 1 scoop intra with one scoop of BCAAs and 1 scoop post with 5g Creatine and 2 scoops of Fermented Leucine.

GI issues are almost non-existent at this point. I am still regular, but I also eat a lot of fiber and drink a lot of water.

I seriously can't believe the results that I am getting from this so far.

Other aspects that I have noticed: Full muscles, crazy pumps, and no fat gain on a caloric surplus! I was 220.4 this morning. That means that since 8/20 I have gained only 1 pound, and I have been eating an average of 3,804 calories over the last three weeks......

I can't wait to weigh in and have my BF% tested on Thursday!

Anyway, I hit my back HARD this morning. I fully expect my glutes, hamstrings, lats and lower and upper back to be sore tomorrow. We will see!

Here's what I did this morning:

Workout

Barbell Deadlift:

135 lb x 5 reps (+66 pts)
160 lb x 5 reps (+78 pts)
190 lb x 3 reps (+76 pts)
205 lb x 5 reps (+105 pts)
240 lb x 5 reps (+134 pts)
270 lb x 12 reps (+198 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C2, W1, D2: Man, I felt like a beast this morning! Keeping my chest up and upper back tighter and it made my lift much stronger. I'm sure all of the upper back and rear delt work is helping too :) Rep PR.

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown:

100 lb x 10 reps (+30 pts)

Dropped the weight just one notch to really get a great contraction and stretch. 60s rest between sets.

One-Arm Dumbbell Row:

40 lb x 15 reps (+41 pts)

Whew, I was dripping sweat at the end of these. Grip already almost destroyed from DLs. 60s rest between sets.

Hyperextension:

15 reps (+5 pts)
15 reps (+5 pts)
15 reps (+5 pts)
15 reps (+5 pts)

Man, my glutes and hams were fried after these. I made sure I got a good glute contraction at the top. 90s rest between sets.

Ab Wheel (kneeling):

15 reps (+27 pts)
15 reps (+27 pts)
15 reps (+27 pts)

15 reps (+27 pts)
These are getting kinda easy now, might have to make them harder next week.

I did a little stretching at the end, mostly legs. I also did some shoulder dislocations. I was running late for a morning meeting, so had to cut the stretching/foam rolling short :(

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hard for me to get used to no crunchiness in my shoulders since I've been doing PT rehab. What am I to do with myself? Besides destroy my shoulders again...
Man, I should do that. My left one is pretty bad with the crunchiness ;)

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On the ab wheel workout, try rolling out at different angles: first roll is directly out front, 2nd roll angle left, 3rd roll angle right then repeat.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
MAN it seems like your getting all kinds of results and gainz of dat ther PF3!!! Good to hear.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MAN it seems like your getting all kinds of results and gainz of dat ther PF3!!! Good to hear.
Yes, indeed I am :D

I feel great!! the joint discomfort from the ArA seems to be diminishing as well. The body is an amazing thing!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: 9/11/2013

I ended up eating close to 4,000 calories yesterday which is nuts, really. I woke up this morning to quite a bit of back DOMS. I'm keeping my upper back tighter on Deadlifts now, so I'm sure that's why. The soreness is mostly in my rhomboids and lower traps, with some mild DOMS in my lats, rear delts and forearms. I lifted four of those reps Double overhand grip, then switched to mixed grip. No straps :D

I'm interested to see how quickly it goes away. As I said in my workout yesterday, 270 X 12 was a DL rep PR for me. My previous rep PR at that weight was 270 X 8. Maybe I should have increased my 1RM to calculate my 5/3/1 cycle this time!!

I'm feeling very solid and my muscles feel really full and dense lately. I'm excited for Bench day and my BF% reading tomorrow! I feel like I am putting on some quality lean mass.

I dosed 1 scoop of PF3 with breakfast, and will have 1 scoop before dinner.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: 9/11/2013

I ended up eating close to 4,000 calories yesterday which is nuts, really. I woke up this morning to quite a bit of back DOMS. I'm keeping my upper back tighter on Deadlifts now, so I'm sure that's why. The soreness is mostly in my rhomboids and lower traps, with some mild DOMS in my lats, rear delts and forearms. I lifted four of those reps Double overhand grip, then switched to mixed grip. No straps :D

I'm interested to see how quickly it goes away. As I said in my workout yesterday, 270 X 12 was a DL rep PR for me. My previous rep PR at that weight was 270 X 8. Maybe I should have increased my 1RM to calculate my 5/3/1 cycle this time!!

I'm feeling very solid and my muscles feel really full and dense lately. I'm excited for Bench day and my BF% reading tomorrow! I feel like I am putting on some quality lean mass.

I dosed 1 scoop of PF3 with breakfast, and will have 1 scoop before dinner.
Nice job on the pr bro!!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On the ab wheel workout, try rolling out at different angles: first roll is directly out front, 2nd roll angle left, 3rd roll angle right then repeat.
Sounds like a plan! I'll give it a go next week. Thanks!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: 9/12/2013​

Interesting that I still had a little DOMS in my traps, lats, rear delts and rhomboids today. It isn't bad, but still there a bit. I guess i destroyed my back more than I thought!

I didn't have a great night of sleep last night, which I'm sure contributed, and I am now dosing ArA again on rest days as well.

Once again, it is Thursday. That means my weight and BF% update:

222.4# 20.3% BF

I'm not sure what to think about this. I'm feeling more lean, and quite a bit stronger, but I might need to dial back my calories just a bit to about 3,600 to minimize any fat gains. However, I also think that this method (infrared) is unreliable, and tend to take it with a grain of salt. But the fact that my scale weight went up by 1.2 # in one week is enough to make me think I need to slow down a bit ;)

I must say that the pump today was absolutely INSANE. My biceps were so pumped after the Dips that I could barely move them. Same with my chest and shoulders. When I finished out the tricep rope pushdowns, they were swollen as well. My Large button down shirt is kinda tight today ;)

Dosing scheme yesterday was just two scoops: 1 before breakfast and 1 before dinner.

Dosing scheme today: 1 dose 45 minutes pre-workout with 2 caps of ArA and 2 scoops of pre-workout (I dosed two caps of Ara as soon as I got up), 1 scoop intra workout with 1 scoop of BCAAs and 1 scoop post-workout with 5g creatine and 2 scoops of Fermented Leucine.

One note on the Leucine. It is extremely hard to measure out a level scoop of that stuff! It is almost like chalk!

Anyway, I am loving this stuff and the progress so far. I got a rep PR by 1 rep on Barbell Bench today, and went up on most of my accessories by at least 5 lbs. Getting some solid strength gains :)

Here 's what my workout looked like today:

Workout: 9/12/2013, Total lifting time: 55 minutes

Barbell Bench Press:

45 lb x 10 reps (+43 pts)
70 lb x 5 reps (+43 pts)
90 lb x 5 reps (+50 pts)
105 lb x 3 reps (+44 pts)
115 lb x 5 reps (+59 pts)
130 lb x 5 reps (+65 pts)
150 lb x 8 reps (+85 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C2, W1, D3: Felt pretty good on Bench today, but could try harder to keep my tightness all over. Leg drive was almost non-existent, still can't seem to find the right sweet spot. Overall, felt good.

Dumbbell Bench Press:

40 lb x 10 reps (+55 pts)

Got pretty hard toward the end. Good stretch at the bottom, 90s rest between sets. Upped the weight by 5 lbs.

Dips - Triceps Version:

10 reps || assisted || 125 lb (+6 pts)
10 reps || assisted || 140 lb (+3 pts)

I thought these felt harder than normal, then realized I had lowered the assistance by 15 lbs.! I'll probably switch to that next week. 60s rest between sets.

Machine Chest Fly (Pec Deck):

40 lb x 10 reps (+10 pts)

These felt pretty good as well. Got a good long squeeze at the top of each rep. 60s rest between sets. I upped this by 5 lbs. over last week as well :)

Triceps Pushdown - Rope Attachment:

20 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)
20 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)
20 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)
15 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)

Whew, got a good tricep burn here. Made sure to squeeze and keep tension thorughout. Had to drop the weight by one slot for the last set. BTW, the weights listed are the actual weight lifted.

Shoulder Dislocation:

10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)

Stretching:

5 min (+2 pts)

Lats, hams, quads, calves

Foam Rolling:

5 min (+9 pts)

Upper back, pirifomis/glutes, IT band, hip flexors/quads

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update: 9/12/2013​

Interesting that I still had a little DOMS in my traps, lats, rear delts and rhomboids today. It isn't bad, but still there a bit. I guess i destroyed my back more than I thought!

I didn't have a great night of sleep last night, which I'm sure contributed, and I am now dosing ArA again on rest days as well.

Once again, it is Thursday. That means my weight and BF% update:

222.4# 20.3% BF

I'm not sure what to think about this. I'm feeling more lean, and quite a bit stronger, but I might need to dial back my calories just a bit to about 3,600 to minimize any fat gains. However, I also think that this method (infrared) is unreliable, and tend to take it with a grain of salt. But the fact that my scale weight went up by 1.2 # in one week is enough to make me think I need to slow down a bit ;)

I must say that the pump today was absolutely INSANE. My biceps were so pumped after the Dips that I could barely move them. Same with my chest and shoulders. When I finished out the tricep rope pushdowns, they were swollen as well. My Large button down shirt is kinda tight today ;)

Dosing scheme yesterday was just two scoops: 1 before breakfast and 1 before dinner.

Dosing scheme today: 1 dose 45 minutes pre-workout with 2 caps of ArA and 2 scoops of pre-workout (I dosed two caps of Ara as soon as I got up), 1 scoop intra workout with 1 scoop of BCAAs and 1 scoop post-workout with 5g creatine and 2 scoops of Fermented Leucine.

One note on the Leucine. It is extremely hard to measure out a level scoop of that stuff! It is almost like chalk!

Anyway, I am loving this stuff and the progress so far. I got a rep PR by 1 rep on Barbell Bench today, and went up on most of my accessories by at least 5 lbs. Getting some solid strength gains :)

Here 's what my workout looked like today:

Workout: 9/12/2013, Total lifting time: 55 minutes

Barbell Bench Press:

45 lb x 10 reps (+43 pts)
70 lb x 5 reps (+43 pts)
90 lb x 5 reps (+50 pts)
105 lb x 3 reps (+44 pts)
115 lb x 5 reps (+59 pts)
130 lb x 5 reps (+65 pts)
150 lb x 8 reps (+85 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C2, W1, D3: Felt pretty good on Bench today, but could try harder to keep my tightness all over. Leg drive was almost non-existent, still can't seem to find the right sweet spot. Overall, felt good.

Dumbbell Bench Press:

Got pretty hard toward the end. Good stretch at the bottom, 90s rest between sets. Upped the weight by 5 lbs.

Dips - Triceps Version:

I thought these felt harder than normal, then realized I had lowered the assistance by 15 lbs.! I'll probably switch to that next week. 60s rest between sets.

Machine Chest Fly (Pec Deck):

These felt pretty good as well. Got a good long squeeze at the top of each rep. 60s rest between sets. I upped this by 5 lbs. over last week as well :)

Triceps Pushdown - Rope Attachment:

20 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)
20 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)
20 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)
15 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)

Whew, got a good tricep burn here. Made sure to squeeze and keep tension thorughout. Had to drop the weight by one slot for the last set. BTW, the weights listed are the actual weight lifted.

Shoulder Dislocation:

10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)

Stretching:

5 min (+2 pts)

Lats, hams, quads, calves

Foam Rolling:

5 min (+9 pts)

Upper back, pirifomis/glutes, IT band, hip flexors/quads

Feeling leaner, and scale went up a pound.. Sounds good to me lol. Good work on the PR as well

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Feeling leaner, and scale went up a pound.. Sounds good to me lol. Good work on the PR as well
Right? :)

seems like you're getting the best out of this stuff bro, glad to hear it

The leucine really is ....well, powdery haha but glad you're including it in your dosing protocol for sure

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I just keep my Leucine scoops slightly rounded

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I use a level scoop post if I didn't use aminos intra.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killed my legs today. I can't easily do my regular log because I'm on my iPad today.

Same template as normal:

Barbell Low bar Squats:

165 x 8 on top set after warmups

Legs were stiff as hell today, decent depth after I got warmed up.

Leg Press:

Focused on quads today with three plates for 4 x 15 with 60 second rests

Leg extensions:

Upped these to 55 x 4 x 10

Leg curls:

Upped these to 65 x 4 x 10

Sit ups:

4 x 15

Calf raises:

Lowered to only 90 lbs for 4 x 12 to focus on contractions.

Overall a good workout! Chest is still a bit sore from yesterday, but not really bad. My legs are already feeling a little sore!

Same dosing, except this time I used two scoops of Fermented Leucine with each PF3 dose. I'm curious to see how that affects my recovery.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killed my legs today. I can't easily do my regular log because I'm on my iPad today.

Same template as normal:

Barbell Low bar Squats:

165 x 8 on top set after warmups

Legs were stiff as hell today, decent depth after I got warmed up.

Leg Press:

Focused on quads today with three plates for 4 x 15 with 60 second rests

Leg extensions:

Upped these to 55 x 4 x 10

Leg curls:

Upped these to 65 x 4 x 10

Sit ups:

4 x 15

Calf raises:

Lowered to only 90 lbs for 4 x 12 to focus on contractions.

Overall a good workout! Chest is still a bit sore from yesterday, but not really bad. My legs are already feeling a little sore!

Same dosing, except this time I used two scoops of Fermented Leucine with each PF3 dose. I'm curious to see how that affects my recovery.
And actually, it was sets of 12 on the curls and extensions.

Already feeling it, and still have to mow the yard. Maybe four scoops is in order ;)

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice workouts and volume is high. Great job brother, keep killin it.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards

Already feeling it, and still have to mow the yard. Maybe four scoops is in order ;)
4 scoops = hnnnggggg

you won't ever wanna drop down if you do that lol just a heads up

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Gameday helps you mow lawns; save PF3 for shoveling snow lol

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4 scoops = hnnnggggg

you won't ever wanna drop down if you do that lol just a heads up
Well, I did four yesterday, and my legs are fine :) Just a little sore, nothing like I expected.

The odd thing is that my chest is more sore than my legs......Very weird.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, and wife's birthday party is today.

I slow smoked two pork shoulders for today, about 30 lbs. of meat.

Oh yeah, looking forward to that. They smoked for almost 24 hours :D

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, and wife's birthday party is today.

I slow smoked two pork shoulders for today, about 30 lbs. of meat.

Oh yeah, looking forward to that. They smoked for almost 24 hours :D
Sounds tasty!! When should I be there? :D

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Oh my I love pork! Except for bacon, never been a fan

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg

This is how I felt this morning. After too little water, too much sodium and quite a bit of alcohol, I ended up being +5 lbs. this morning :eek:

Time for lots of water and potassium!! Update coming in a few :)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: 9/16/2013

Whew, what a weekend! I almost never drink, but I had quite a bit this weekend. My diet was also horrible, but I ended up being under on most of the three days. However, as a result, I was also under on protein :( I did keep my PF3 intake steady, though, and my soreness is all gone this morning :D

Dealing with the effects of water retention today, but still got up early for a good workout this morning!!!

I'll hopefully get this water off soon, so I don't feel so bloated. It has to be water, otherwise, there is no way that I could gain 5 lbs. over the weekend!

Standing Barbell Shoulder Press (OHP)

50 lb x 5 reps (+51 pts)
60 lb x 5 reps (+54 pts)
75 lb x 3 reps (+48 pts)
85 lb x 3 reps (+52 pts)
95 lb x 3 reps (+55 pts)
110 lb x 7 reps (+84 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C2, W1, D1: These felt great! No rep PR today, the last rep was a grinder. Still felt good.

Face Pull:

60s rest between sets.

Standing Dumbbell Shoulder Press:

25 lb x 12 reps (+50 pts)

90s between sets, had to drop back down a bit to get all my reps in.

Bent-Over Rear Delt Raise:

20 lb x 45 reps (+27 pts)
10 lb x 25 reps (+21 pts)
5 lb x 10 reps (+17 pts)

Once again, these are "delt destroyers", the hang and swing method, except for the last set. Was going for 60 on the first set, but didn't quite make it. These were done as a drop set. Man my delts were pumped at the end! Last set was full ROM with 2 sec. squeeze on each rep.

Dumbbell Bicep Curl:

Ouch! The pump got painful on these! Had to drop the weight down five pounds to be sure to get every rep. Squeeze on each rep. 90s rest between sets.