Misfit28 is Changing the Game with New MAN Sports Pure PF3

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mixing my dose pre-dinner was perfect. I used the Candy Grape, and used the slowly adding while swirling method and it dissolved completely.

Still some foam, but not bad!

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Yes it is! Like I said, it is freaky. Like cubsfan815 said, it's like I didn't even lift yesterday!
This is great, I hope this keeps up and we all never get sore from PF3!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: 8/29/2013

Decent chest workout this morning, I got less reps on my top set than I wanted, but I had a problem getting tight. I still got 2 reps on the 1+ week, but my Bench has always been weak.

I decided to go ahead and keep the same dosing protocol today:

1 scoop of MAN Pure PF3 with 1 scoop of Pre-WO and 4 caps of Arachidonic Acid ~30-45 minutes pre-workout

1 scoop of MAN Pure PF3 intra with 1 scoop of BCAAs.

1 scoop of MAN Pure PF3 with 5g Creatine mono and 2 scoops of MAN Fermented Leucine post-workout right before my meal.

The swirling method works perfectly every time now, regardless if I am mixing it with something else, or just the PF3 solo. Awesome!

By the way, the tiny bit of hamstring DOMS is gone, and I STILL do not feel any DOMS from Tuesday's workout. Recovery is amazing. I really got some wicked pumps in my chest and triceps today, so I'm expecting some DOMS tomorrow. We shall see if PF# can deliver a repeat performance.

Thursdays will be my update day, btw. I generally get my BF% readings on Thursdays, so I feel like it is best to just do a full update then.

No pictures today, as my phone seems to be full :(

Weight this morning: 219.4#
BF% reading: 18.7%

three weeks ago I weighed the same, but the BF% reading was 21%. Of course the method is not the gold standard, but I still have a good trendline. On the 20th my BF% showed 19.8%. I'm excited to see the difference between now and the end of the log!

Here's my nutrition summary for the week in calories:

8/21/2013 3740
8/22/2013 3922
8/23/2013 3734
8/24/2013 3981
8/25/2013 3622
8/26/2013 3589
8/27/2013 3811

That is roughly 3792 calories on average over 8 days, which is higher than I was aiming for. However, the scale is not moving up too quickly.

Here's my workout for today:

Barbell Bench Press:

45 lb x 10 reps (+43 pts)
75 lb x 5 reps (+45 pts)
90 lb x 5 reps (+50 pts)
110 lb x 3 reps (+45 pts)
135 lb x 5 reps (+67 pts)
150 lb x 3 reps (+60 pts)
170 lb x 2 reps (+58 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C1, W3, D3: Disappointed with this. Just didn't feel like I got tight enough. I know I got my 1+, but I really wanted 3 or 4. I think my grip width messed me up a bit.

Dumbbell Bench Press:

35 lb x 10 reps (+51 pts)

60s rest between sets. Really felt the burn and stretch at the bottom on these. Slow and controlled.

Dips - Triceps Version:

10 reps || assisted || 140 lb (+3 pts)

Still getting the hang of these before I drop the assistance level. I know it's weak, but I'm doing them slowly, getting a full ROM. Almost failed at the end. 60s rest between sets.

Machine Chest Fly (Pec Deck):

40 lb x 10 reps (+10 pts)

I'm using the machine rather than DBs, because I feel more control over the ROM. Really got my pecs burning. 60s rest between sets.

Triceps Pushdown - Rope Attachment:

20 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)
20 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)
20 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)
15 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)

60s rest between sets. Dropped 5 lbs. without failing because I wanted every rep in the full ROM. Triceps felt ready to explode on the last few reps.

Lets hope my recovery does the same! Tomorrow is Leg day :)

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Awesome chest w/o! True test, if your tri's were going to explode then let's see how well PF3 works for recovery on those bad boys! Great log so far, your crushing it.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Let's do this. . .

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Update: 8/29/2013

Decent chest workout this morning, I got less reps on my top set than I wanted, but I had a problem getting tight. I still got 2 reps on the 1+ week, but my Bench has always been weak.

I decided to go ahead and keep the same dosing protocol today:

1 scoop of MAN Pure PF3 with 1 scoop of Pre-WO and 4 caps of Arachidonic Acid ~30-45 minutes pre-workout

1 scoop of MAN Pure PF3 with 5g Creatine mono and 2 scoops of MAN Fermented Leucine post-workout right before my meal.

The swirling method works perfectly every time now, regardless if I am mixing it with something else, or just the PF3 solo. Awesome!

By the way, the tiny bit of hamstring DOMS is gone, and I STILL do not feel any DOMS from Tuesday's workout. Recovery is amazing. I really got some wicked pumps in my chest and triceps today, so I'm expecting some DOMS tomorrow. We shall see if PF# can deliver a repeat performance.

Thursdays will be my update day, btw. I generally get my BF% readings on Thursdays, so I feel like it is best to just do a full update then.

No pictures today, as my phone seems to be full :(

Weight this morning: 219.4#
BF% reading: 18.7%

three weeks ago I weighed the same, but the BF% reading was 21%. Of course the method is not the gold standard, but I still have a good trendline. On the 20th my BF% showed 19.8%. I'm excited to see the difference between now and the end of the log!

Here's my nutrition summary for the week in calories:

8/21/2013 3740
8/22/2013 3922
8/23/2013 3734
8/24/2013 3981
8/25/2013 3622
8/26/2013 3589
8/27/2013 3811

That is roughly 3792 calories on average over 8 days, which is higher than I was aiming for. However, the scale is not moving up too quickly.

Here's my workout for today:

Barbell Bench Press:

75 lb x 5 reps (+45 pts)
90 lb x 5 reps (+50 pts)
110 lb x 3 reps (+45 pts)
135 lb x 5 reps (+67 pts)
150 lb x 3 reps (+60 pts)
170 lb x 2 reps (+58 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C1, W3, D3: Disappointed with this. Just didn't feel like I got tight enough. I know I got my 1+, but I really wanted 3 or 4. I think my grip width messed me up a bit.

Dumbbell Bench Press:

60s rest between sets. Really felt the burn and stretch at the bottom on these. Slow and controlled.

Dips - Triceps Version:

Still getting the hang of these before I drop the assistance level. I know it's weak, but I'm doing them slowly, getting a full ROM. Almost failed at the end. 60s rest between sets.

I'm using the machine rather than DBs, because I feel more control over the ROM. Really got my pecs burning. 60s rest between sets.

20 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)
20 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)
20 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)
15 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)

60s rest between sets. Dropped 5 lbs. without failing because I wanted every rep in the full ROM. Triceps felt ready to explode on the last few reps.

Lets hope my recovery does the same! Tomorrow is Leg day :)
I have trouble with my shoulder doing dips assisted or not , but I found an exercise that truly shredded my chest . if you have access to a close cable machine like a lifefitness dual pulley one set the weight for each handle at the desired weight and set them shoulder high. bend over and press the handlesdown. really isolates the pecs. try it and see what you think. I saw it on you tube from Mr. America Doug Brigsole. awesome job on the volume, I bet they are hurting.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome chest w/o! True test, if your tri's were going to explode then let's see how well PF3 works for recovery on those bad boys! Great log so far, your crushing it.
Thanks! Yep, I figure between chest today and legs tomorrow, I'll see what happens. Next week is a deload week, so much lower volume and intensity. I'll be upping the weight and getting right back to it the following week :)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have trouble with my shoulder doing dips assisted or not , but I found an exercise that truly shredded my chest . if you have access to a close cable machine like a lifefitness dual pulley one set the weight for each handle at the desired weight and set them shoulder high. bend over and press the handlesdown. really isolates the pecs. try it and see what you think. I saw it on you tube from Mr. America Doug Brigsole. awesome job on the volume, I bet they are hurting.
I'll have to look that up! Thanks for the tips, dips are a bit hard on my shoulders as well as the DB presses. My left one is worse than my right one.

Yeah, that volume gets the pump going for sure. I was used to mostly strength rep ranges from regular 5/3/1, but trying to fill in some mass now :)

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Thanks! Yep, I figure between chest today and legs tomorrow, I'll see what happens. Next week is a deload week, so much lower volume and intensity. I'll be upping the weight and getting right back to it the following week :)
That's cool, I love changing up my workouts like that all the time. From heavy to light, sets and reps or just change up exercises. It keeps me from getting bored:)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: 8/30/2013

Whew, man! Leg day today was pretty brutal! Last night I took an extra serving of PF3 with 2 scoops of Fermented Leucine, just to see what happened. Not sure it helped much more, but I was only a little sore in my pecs this morning from yesterday's workout. Had my son's soccer practice last night, so I was running around a little and kicking the ball a lot (I am an assistant coach).

I should have been more sore, IMO after yesterday. My triceps are not sore at all, even though the pump was crazy yesterday morning. This is a good sign.

The REAL test will be to see how my legs and glutes feel in the morning ;) I hate Squats, as I can never seem to get my form dead on. I should be able to move far more weight than this, but I try to go as far below parallel as possible. I stalled a while back, and I am trying to get it right. Still killed legs, though, with this workout:

Barbell Squat:

75 lb x 5 reps (+44 pts)
95 lb x 5 reps (+50 pts)
115 lb x 3 reps (+46 pts)
140 lb x 5 reps (+68 pts)
160 lb x 3 reps (+62 pts)
180 lb x 4 reps (+81 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C1, W3, D4: I swear I'm never gonna get the Squat form down perfectly. These felt fine until I got to the top set, and I felt weak out of the hole.
This weight is pathetic.

Leg Press:

135 lb x 15 reps (+23 pts)

I have no idea the actual weight being used on these, so I just use the three plate amount. Really felt the burn this time. 60s rests between sets, constant tension.

Leg Extensions:

50 lb x 12 reps (+11 pts)

Really got a good quad burn. 60s rest between sets.

Seated Leg Curl:

60 lb x 12 reps (+12 pts)

Hamstrings almost cramped on me, unless I got up and walked a bit between sets. 60s rest between sets.

Sit-Up:

15 reps (+7 pts)
15 reps (+7 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)
15 reps (+7 pts)

Man, these got my abs burning. First time to get three sets of 15, next goal is all four sets to 15. 90s rest between sets, this was done with a slight decline/incline.

Seated Calf Raise:

135 lb x 12 reps (+19 pts)

60 second rests. Haven't done calf work in a while, and you can tell :( Really got a good burn here.

Stretching:

5 min (+2 pts)

Calves, hamstrings, quads, piriformis

Foam Rolling:

5 min (+9 pts)
5 min (+9 pts)

Before and after lifting: Quads/hip flexors, piriformis, IT band, Upper back

Shoulder Dislocation:

10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)

Dosing still the same as yesterday:

Swirling is still going great, product is mixing with no clumping at all now. Very pleased!

The flavor is definitely more Grape Pixie Stick now than the original Sweet Tart that I was saying. I think the smell reminded me of Sweet Tarts, but the Pixie Stick taste is dead on.

I am loving this stuff so far, and as brokenbottle mentioned, it seems to make you more regular. After looking at some of the studies, I can see why. The serum protein isolate is supposed to help with IBS, Crohn's, Leaky gut, etc. Maybe I have a mild form of one of these? I also just finished off some heavy duty antibiotics a week or two before this log, and my GI tract was not quite recovered, even with probiotics. Pure PF3 seems to have helped it along nicely.

I have a three day weekend with Labor Day this weekend, but not sure how much rest I will actually get. My gym is closed on Monday, and next week is deload week on 5/3/1, so I should be fully recovered and ready to hit it hard the following week.

Thanks for reading! I'll post small updates over my "recovery" weekend :)

Last edited:
pete8407

pete8407

Awards
You did smash on some legs! Very curious to see if your sore tomorrow.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update: 8/30/2013

Whew, man! Leg day today was pretty brutal! Last night I took an extra serving of PF3 with 2 scoops of Fermented Leucine, just to see what happened. Not sure it helped much more, but I was only a little sore in my pecs this morning from yesterday's workout. Had my son's soccer practice last night, so I was running around a little and kicking the ball a lot (I am an assistant coach).

I should have been more sore, IMO after yesterday. My triceps are not sore at all, even though the pump was crazy yesterday morning. This is a good sign.

The REAL test will be to see how my legs and glutes feel in the morning ;) I hate Squats, as I can never seem to get my form dead on. I should be able to move far more weight than this, but I try to go as far below parallel as possible. I stalled a while back, and I am trying to get it right. Still killed legs, though, with this workout:

Barbell Squat:

75 lb x 5 reps (+44 pts)
95 lb x 5 reps (+50 pts)
115 lb x 3 reps (+46 pts)
140 lb x 5 reps (+68 pts)
160 lb x 3 reps (+62 pts)
180 lb x 4 reps (+81 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C1, W3, D4: I swear I'm never gonna get the Squat form down perfectly. These felt fine until I got to the top set, and I felt weak out of the hole.
This weight is pathetic.

Leg Press:

I have no idea the actual weight being used on these, so I just use the three plate amount. Really felt the burn this time. 60s rests between sets, constant tension.

Leg Extensions:

Really got a good quad burn. 60s rest between sets.

Seated Leg Curl:

Hamstrings almost cramped on me, unless I got up and walked a bit between sets. 60s rest between sets.

Sit-Up:

15 reps (+7 pts)
15 reps (+7 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)
15 reps (+7 pts)

Man, these got my abs burning. First time to get three sets of 15, next goal is all four sets to 15. 90s rest between sets, this was done with a slight decline/incline.

Seated Calf Raise:

60 second rests. Haven't done calf work in a while, and you can tell :( Really got a good burn here.

Stretching:

5 min (+2 pts)

Calves, hamstrings, quads, piriformis

Foam Rolling:

5 min (+9 pts)
5 min (+9 pts)

Before and after lifting: Quads/hip flexors, piriformis, IT band, Upper back

Shoulder Dislocation:

10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)

Dosing still the same as yesterday:

Swirling is still going great, product is mixing with no clumping at all now. Very pleased!

The flavor is definitely more Grape Pixie Stick now than the original Sweet Tart that I was saying. I think the smell reminded me of Sweet Tarts, but the Pixie Stick taste is dead on.

I am loving this stuff so far, and as ricroc mentioned, it seems to make you more regular. After looking at some of the studies, I can see why. The serum protein isolate is supposed to help with IBS, Crohn's, Leaky gut, etc. Maybe I have a mild form of one of these? I also just finished off some heavy duty antibiotics a week or two before this log, and my GI tract was not quite recovered, even with probiotics. Pure PF3 seems to have helped it along nicely.

I have a three day weekend with Labor Day this weekend, but not sure how much rest I will actually get. My gym is closed on Monday, and next week is deload week on 5/3/1, so I should be fully recovered and ready to hit it hard the following week.

Thanks for reading! I'll post small updates over my "recovery" weekend :)
Dude, that is a lot of volume. I can't wait to see how your recovery is.

I have same issues with squats, I can never concentrate and get a good form down lol. I tried practicing on this new thing we have at our gym. You may have seen it on that Shark Tank show if you ever watched it. It is a surf board, and you have to balance just like you were surfing. When doing squats on it, you can really tell where your weaknesses are.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Wow that's really cool I've never seen anything like that before, I would definitely give that a shot!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MisFit, you beast, that is quite a lot of volume man! Nice job!

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
I love the intensity. Today is squat day for me. Wasn't feeling it this morning, but now I am!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude, that is a lot of volume. I can't wait to see how your recovery is.

I have same issues with squats, I can never concentrate and get a good form down lol. I tried practicing on this new thing we have at our gym. You may have seen it on that Shark Tank show if you ever watched it. It is a surf board, and you have to balance just like you were surfing. When doing squats on it, you can really tell where your weaknesses are.
Thanks! Me too, my chest is a bit sore this morning from Thursday, but not as sore as it should be IMO.

Another thing, my chest still feels almost "pumped" like right after my workout too. Very odd, but cool :)

I haven't seen one of those, but it sounds awesome! I tried paused Squats for a while, but they got pretty horrendous after a while!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MisFit, you beast, that is quite a lot of volume man! Nice job!
Thanks! The weight is pretty pathetic for my weight and time lifting, but I try to make up for it through the volume and not resting much afterwards. I did this in ~45 minutes :)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Took another dose of PF3 with two scoops of Fermented Leucine last night before bed.

I have some DOMS today, mostly in my glutes. Not as bad as usual after leg day, though :)

This stuff is pretty awesome for recovery!

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Took another dose of PF3 with two scoops of Fermented Leucine last night before bed.

I have some DOMS today, mostly in my glutes. Not as bad as usual after leg day, though :)

This stuff is pretty awesome for recovery!
The biggest difference I noticed in recovery was when I ran out and was without PF3 for a bit, you really notice a drop off lol so it shows just how awesome this stuff is :)

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Always so much info in a Misfit log. Awesome stuff to follow along with!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Great volume there dude. Like what see from your workouts. Keep it up.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys, I'm really enjoying this log!

Busy day today between soccer and honey do list. Someone please tell my wife it is Labor Day weekend! ;)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday was another two scoop day, as I didn't lift. Also no Fermented Leucine.

I woke up this morning and my leg and glute DOMS was completely gone! I have not recovered this quickly from leg day since I can remember. It's pretty amazing!

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Yesterday was another two scoop day, as I didn't lift. Also no Fermented Leucine.

I woke up this morning and my leg and glute DOMS was completely gone! I have not recovered this quickly from leg day since I can remember. It's pretty amazing!
That's some fast recovery! Hope you got all your honey do's done. We do need some MAN shakers!!!!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's some fast recovery! Hope you got all your honey do's done. We do need some MAN shakers!!!!
Yes it is!

Most if the honey do's are done: I ended up doing some electrical work, plumbing and hanging shades. Might have a bit more electrical work before heading out to the final Nashville Sounds baseball game tomorrow.

Here's a video review I did earlier about my first almost week using PF3.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucd-vNXfyUU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I sheetrocked the kitchen today and moved the stove....

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just drank caipirinhas all day

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: 9/3/2013

Alright, guys! Sorry for the delay in giving a real update!

As I said, my weigh-in/BF% updates will occur on Thursday every week, so I will get to that in a few days.

I've still been dosing the PF3 solo for the last three rest days. Once in the AM and once in the PM before dinner. Recovery has been phenomenal, and I almost didn't do a deload week this week because of it. However, because of the lack of fish oil lately (due to my ARA cycle), my joints need to break. On my deload, I am doing the prescribed 5/3/1 formula: 50% of my training max for my main lifts and cutting the weight by 50% on weighted accessories. On BW exercises (ab wheel, chins, situps, hypers), I will be cutting the volume in half. The idea is to just do active recovery and get some blood flow to the muscles. I'm keeping the same calories as before as well.

I can't believe that placebo would affect DOMS as much as this has so far. This is absolutely the best recovery supplement that I have ever taken!

On another note, I am still having the "regularity" and softening of stool from before. I am not having diarrhea per se, but definitely more loose than normal. Probably TMI, but I am thorough ;)

I am hoping that after this deload week that PF3 will be put to the test when I go back to my next cycle of 5/3/1 next Monday. I'm going to hit it hard and try to get far more than the prescribed reps! Here's a summary of my first deload workout. I will be working out for four days consecutively this week, which is another reason that a deload might be in order :)

Standing Barbell Shoulder Press (OHP):

45 lb x 5 reps (+49 pts)
60 lb x 5 reps (+54 pts)
70 lb x 5 reps (+58 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C1, W4, D1 Deload week: Feels strange to be on Deload week again. Not feeling that beat up, but still taking the deload!

Face Pull:

25 lb x 10 reps (+17 pts)

Felt good on my shoulders. 60s between sets

Standing Dumbbell Shoulder Press:

12 lb x 12 reps (+42 pts)

Got a good burn in my delts today. Super light, so focused on form and rep speed. 60s between sets

Bent-Over Rear Delt Raise:

5 lb x 15 reps (+18 pts)
5 lb x 15 reps (+18 pts)
5 lb x 15 reps (+18 pts)
5 lb x 15 reps (+18 pts)

Good rear delt burn :) 60s between sets

Dumbbell Bicep Curl:

10 lb x 12 reps (+25 pts)

Hard squeeze at the top, slow reps. 60s between sets.

Shoulder Dislocation:

10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)

Stretching:

15 min (+3 pts)

Spent a lot of time on this today. Hamstrings, triceps, lats, glutes/piriformis, quads, calves, pecs.

Foam Rolling:

5 min (+9 pts)

After lifting and before stretching: back, piriformis, IT bands, quads

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Update: 9/3/2013

Alright, guys! Sorry for the delay in giving a real update!

As I said, my weigh-in/BF% updates will occur on Thursday every week, so I will get to that in a few days.

I've still been dosing the PF3 solo for the last three rest days. Once in the AM and once in the PM before dinner. Recovery has been phenomenal, and I almost didn't do a deload week this week because of it. However, because of the lack of fish oil lately (due to my ARA cycle), my joints need to break. On my deload, I am doing the prescribed 5/3/1 formula: 50% of my training max for my main lifts and cutting the weight by 50% on weighted accessories. On BW exercises (ab wheel, chins, situps, hypers), I will be cutting the volume in half. The idea is to just do active recovery and get some blood flow to the muscles. I'm keeping the same calories as before as well.

I can't believe that placebo would affect DOMS as much as this has so far. This is absolutely the best recovery supplement that I have ever taken!

On another note, I am still having the "regularity" and softening of stool from before. I am not having diarrhea per se, but definitely more loose than normal. Probably TMI, but I am thorough ;)
Now that's what we like to hear. The issues you're having may be due to the betaine included in PF3, but should subside shortly.

Killer work out!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Now that's what we like to hear. The issues you're having may be due to the betaine included in PF3, but should subside shortly.

Killer work out!
Thanks, man. I love and hate Deload weeks. They are necessary, but make me feel like I'm not accomplishing much, even though I really am ;)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: 9/4/2013

Deload week continues. As I mentioned before, I hate deload week because of the lower work capacity, but love it for the recovery. I always feel more refreshed and ready to hit the weights the next week. I'm increasing the weights on everything but Bench this time, so should be a good cycle to test out PF3 :)

Tomorrow morning I will take some pictures as well as my weight and BF% measurements. I'm excited to see if anything happened in the last week. I know I feel like I have gained a bit of muscle.

I have changed my dosing scheme just a bit, for Deload week anyway. I took only 1 scoop of PF3 post workout right before my meal. and I will take my second one right before dinner. Since I'm not pushing as hard, I figure I might not need as much. This will also spread out the doses a little more evenly, rather than having them bunched up in the AM all within a three hour window.

Pre-workout I had four caps of ARA, 2 scoops of Pre-workout with BCAAs intraworkout.

Post-workout was 1 scoop of Candy Grape Pure PF3, 2 scoops of Fermented Leucine and 5g Creatine mono.

I did notice during my workout that I was a bit nauseated and seemed to have less energy. I will see if this continues tomorrow. I am used to working out fasted, so that shouldn't be an issue.

So far, my muscles feel more full and my muscle recovery has been outstanding. Of course this week is not really much of a test, but it will ramp up again next monday.

Here's my workout from today:

Barbell Deadlift:

135 lb x 5 reps (+66 pts)
155 lb x 5 reps (+75 pts)
185 lb x 5 reps (+92 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C1, W4, D2: Deload week. Not much to say here ;)

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown:

55 lb x 12 reps (+23 pts)

Easy. Really felt the MMC on these for once ;) 60s rest between sets. Weight halved for Deload week.

One-Arm Dumbbell Row:

20 lb x 15 reps (+36 pts)

Easy as well. Good lat stretch at the bottom. 60s rest between sets. Weight halved for Deload week.

Hyperextension:

15 reps (+5 pts)
15 reps (+5 pts)

Halved the sets bc Deload week. 60s rest between sets, good glute contractions.

Ab Wheel (kneeling):

10 reps (+18 pts)
10 reps (+18 pts)

Pretty easy, almost too easy. 60s rest between sets. Once again, sets halved for Deload.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I start my PF3 and leucine tomorrow! I'm glad you think this is the best recovery you've ever had! I hope I get the same results

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
A couple others are reporting looser stools as well, your not the only one.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I start my PF3 and leucine tomorrow! I'm glad you think this is the best recovery you've ever had! I hope I get the same results
I'm sure it will! Awesome for me so far :)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: 9/5/2013

So far, so good. I took two scoops yesterday as planned: 1 post-workout with Creatine Mono and 2 scoops Fermented Leucine and 1 scoop right before dinner.

I am planning on two scoops today, and probably should have kept the same dosage scheme, but shook it up a bit. I had one scoop with my pre-workout, BCAAs only intra and one scoop with creatine and 2 scoops of Fermented Leucine. I ate as I was drinking it.

My stomach issues are really pretty minor. No diarrhea, just loose and very regular stool. Felt decent this morning, even after waking up at 4AM to hit the gym.

As promised, I have a weight and BF% update. I took some pics this morning as well, but I will have to upload them this afternoon. Here's my stats:

Weight: 221.2#
BF%: 18.8%

Last Thursday (8/29/2013) I was sitting at 219.4# at 18.7% BF. Pretty good, I think!

Here's the crazy part: I ended up overeating quite a bit apparently. I actually averaged 3779.85 calories from 8/20-8/26/2013 and 3820.57 calories from 8/27-9/2/2013!!! :eek:

My goal was ~3600 calories. Maybe my TDEE is wrong with me working out 4 times per week, walking a lot because of the bus and coaching my son's soccer team. Not sure, but I like it!

BTW, my average protein intake from 8/29-9/4/2013 was 201.2857143 grams. I had minimal protein from a couple of protein bars, and no shakes at all.

Here's the workout I did this morning:

Barbell Bench Press:

75 lb x 5 reps (+45 pts)
90 lb x 5 reps (+50 pts)
110 lb x 5 reps (+57 pts)

5/3/1 Bodybuilder C1, W4, D3: Easy stuff.

Dumbbell Bench Press:

20 lb x 10 reps (+42 pts)

Halved the weight. 60s between sets. Good stretch and squeeze action :)

Dips - Triceps Version:

Halved the number of sets. 60s rest between sets.

20 lb x 10 reps (+8 pts)
20 lb x 10 reps (+8 pts)
20 lb x 10 reps (+8 pts)
20 lb x 10 reps (+8 pts)

Halved the weight on these too. Really focused on the pec contractions, slow and easy reps. 60s rest between sets. Still got some pump :)

11 lb x 15 reps (+8 pts)
11 lb x 15 reps (+8 pts)
11 lb x 15 reps (+8 pts)
11 lb x 15 reps (+8 pts)

Halved the weight. Easy, slow reps focused on full contraction and never letting the weight plates hit the stack. Easy.

Shoulder Dislocation:

10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)
10 reps (+5 pts)

Stretching:

5 min (+2 pts)

Skipped stretching yesterday. Shouldn't have. Stretched my glutes/piriformis, hamstrings, quads, calves.

Foam Rolling:

10 min (+18 pts)

Skipped this yesterday too. Rolled my upper back, piriformis, quads, IT bands.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice chest and tri w/o especially at 4 am
Thanks, brother! I needed the deload, but I am ready to lift heavy again! :D

This ARA is killing my joints, though, even with Orange Triad :(

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Thanks, brother! I needed the deload, but I am ready to lift heavy again! :D