Votes: 35 14.1%

Votes: 62 24.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 116 46.6%

• Total voters
DumbbellBlond

DumbbellBlond

Awards
Straight up milk and I don't get along. I can do some yogurt and cheese, a bit of dairy that's already been digested for me by my little bacteria and enzyme friends doesn't seem to bother me, but not actual milk... which makes me sad. I drank milk all my childhood, anyone else experienced "adult onset lactose intolerance?" I've turned to almond milk. I actually like the taste.

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
1/2 gallon raw milk daily. Tastes damn good, but it can get expensive....but hey its the price we all pay to get big.

Wow, I'm jealous of you right now... Although I might try and get my hands on Goat Milk, become a goat share owner, and drink that instead of Almond milk.

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
1 litre of skim milk per day, sip it all day. but i don't put it im my shakes. most valuble protein imo

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I drink 4 cups in my protein shakes alone, factor in 2 cups for dinner and possibly one for cereal, you're looking at about 7 cups of milk/day for me.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
milk is king!!!! :cheers:

......unless you are lactose intollerant. then it's :dump:

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Drink whole milk,.. and allow cardio to burn the fat! Love it in the morning with whey, and the same at night!

The_KM

The_KM

Awards
1cup of milk = 18g of lactose x 4 or 5 is close to 75g+ of carbs. HUGE insulin impact, with a high glycemic load. Eventually it will be converted to triglycerides.

Bulking, milk I'd say is fine post workout (although lactose is slow digesting), it's liquid state allows a high gastric emptying, meaning it's insulinotrophic. Not just that, studies show milk heightens protein synthesis after exercise.

a gallon I'd say you're insane.

KM

crazilyfter42

Awards
I love milk and how much and what kind I drink depends on whether I am bulking or cutting. Whole milk during bulks for sure!

connelly22

Awards
1cup of milk = 18g of lactose x 4 or 5 is close to 75g+ of carbs. HUGE insulin impact, with a high glycemic load. Eventually it will be converted to triglycerides.

Bulking, milk I'd say is fine post workout (although lactose is slow digesting), it's liquid state allows a high gastric emptying, meaning it's insulinotrophic. Not just that, studies show milk heightens protein synthesis after exercise.

a gallon I'd say you're insane.

KM
This might be a dumb question, but i dont know and am curious....When you say that it has a huge insulin impact with a high glycemic load, What does this translate to? Like what effects on the body does this cause?

The_KM

The_KM

Awards
This might be a dumb question, but i dont know and am curious....When you say that it has a huge insulin impact with a high glycemic load, What does this translate to? Like what effects on the body does this cause?
I mean that it can release insulin. And 2+ cups a sitting = 30g of sugar. Although lactose is a slow digesting sugar, it still can induce an insulin response.

Now this may not sound bad.

But when you consistently heighten your blood glucose levels to the rate in which you must release insulin, you become insulin resistant which in turn causes people to become fat.

Hence why severely overweight people are generally type 2 diabetics: they're insulin sensitivity is so poor that the load must be very large to cause a response.

This help?

KM

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I go through about 3 gallons of RAW Whole Milk on a weekly basis...
I wish I had the gastrointestinal fortitude to drink that much good milk. Ill bet you're never constipated.

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
i drink 1.5 to 2 litres of milk a day, sometimes more.....AND i drink 2% AND i drink it before bed on account of my fast metabolism and the fact that i dont mind a little fat in the winter :donut:

lilGiant

lilGiant

Awards
at least 2 cups a day...prolly 3+. always post wkout for me.

AaronFL

AaronFL

Awards
I used to drink near a gallon a day. Then, I just started getting all bloated and gassy from it. Since then, I cut out all of my milk consumption and feel a lot better. I do miss my chocolate protein shakes with whole milk...ahhhhh.

HEARTLESS

Awards
1 gallon every 5 days of 2%.. sometimes I do a liter just for cals/snack replacement like raginfcktard mentioned.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
MILK IS FOR BABIES! I'm lucky if I drink two cups (16oz) a week.

Superdoad

Superdoad

Banned
Awards
Milk is the best. I go through a gallon every 3 days of 1%

Superdoad

Superdoad

Banned
Awards
Was it arnold that said "milk is for babies, Beer is for men".

Superdoad

Superdoad

Banned
Awards
If milk makes you feel funny you could pop one of those lactase pills.
Anyway if I buy 2 gallons it comes out to $3/gal. Cheap ass calories.

surive123

surive123

Awards
lol i drink so much milk, it isn't even funny

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
usually in one sitting...use it for a meal! 1200 cals baby!
haha thats epic. most i do is 2 pints in one sitting. (4 being half a gallon):thumbsup:

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
I would die without milk.. so many benefits and tastes good.
I use skim in my protein shakes. Sometimes with one of my carb filled meals.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I'll have whole milk with cereal or with breakfast and I'll have it with my whey powder. I usually wind up having roughly 3 cups of milk a day

Jaegernaut

Jaegernaut

Awards
I like milk, but I only drink it with my protien and dry cereal