KLEEN is Recovering & Breaking PR's with Wendlers 531 & FINAFLEX!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chris if you would practice what you've taught me then you woudn't have as many issues :) When I saw you take on 5/3/1 I thought Chris knows what he's doing, but you're a bodybuilder, keep the inner bonehead in check lol. You have probably just done that. :)

calebsmitty

Awards
Could always just follow 531 for lagging lifts. I adjusted my bench setup and took a more narrow grip keeping more elbow tuck and have never had another shoulder problem.

You might just try 531 for squat and deadlift.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Doug you know that is right. I really do think had I started with an estimated max about another 10% lower I would have probably been fine for months. Problem is that I found myself going from 255 for reps to lifting 40-50 lbs more with in a month or so. I think most people who start out with this program are already used to lifting less reps for heavier weight and the joints and tendons are ready for it. In my case everything had been in the 12 rep range with some dropping to the 8 reps on occasion. Sure 275x10 equates to around 360-370 as a max but the fact is 275 was as high as I had been IN YEARS.

I think what I will do now is try to figure out what program I want to do and go back to adding a tiny bit to the bar at a time or a rep when I can. I am going to concentrate on arms and shoulders and legs most of this year. So I need to set my program up for that. Legs is just hard work, but the Arms I think will get a day to themselves for a bit and shoulders will be my primary pressing and dips will take care of my chest for a bit.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry to hear about the shoulder kleen. Hopefully like you said it's just a little roughed up cartridge and heals up fast for ya.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doug you know that is right. I really do think had I started with an estimated max about another 10% lower I would have probably been fine for months. Problem is that I found myself going from 255 for reps to lifting 40-50 lbs more with in a month or so. I think most people who start out with this program are already used to lifting less reps for heavier weight and the joints and tendons are ready for it. In my case everything had been in the 12 rep range with some dropping to the 8 reps on occasion. Sure 275x10 equates to around 360-370 as a max but the fact is 275 was as high as I had been IN YEARS.

I think what I will do now is try to figure out what program I want to do and go back to adding a tiny bit to the bar at a time or a rep when I can. I am going to concentrate on arms and shoulders and legs most of this year. So I need to set my program up for that. Legs is just hard work, but the Arms I think will get a day to themselves for a bit and shoulders will be my primary pressing and dips will take care of my chest for a bit.
Chris what I am going to to do is do my power routine but instead of 5's I am going to go more 8's, simple as that so 5 X 8 for some sets others exercises I will do 3 8's and a 12 and 15. If I do progression I should be rock solid and 8's will do a good a job as 5's for my power. For me that doesn't really change till I go over 10 reps.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah that was my thought, keep it over 8 and I can still lift some great weights and remain pretty safe.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear about the shoulder kleen. Hopefully like you said it's just a little roughed up cartridge and heals up fast for ya.
Thanks Dan, yeah it is really hard to tell right now. I can tell for sure it is cartilage but if i sheered some of it off or not remains to be seen. The arthritis in there makes it susceptible to being ripped a little easier since it is already deteriorating. I stopped and didn't go farther so I think I am probably okay.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am feeling the same effects right now as you bubba. I have stayed above 8 reps since my odometer hit 50 and this low rep stuff has me hobbled. I even dialed my maxes down quite a bit. I have back today and I can barely grip with my right hand. Should be interesting. Looks like hypertrophy will become a staple. Lol

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I have stayed above 8 reps since my odometer hit 50 and this low rep stuff has me hobbled.
lol on odometer GB. :lol:
sad to hear these issues tho, truly. :(
i went down to 6x6 today, finished with a set of 4 (still rep at 4 & 5 from time to time..not much tho)
if i wasn't on a mission this winter, i'd bypass all this heavy shizz and stick with 8-range and up as well.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am down to 5's but using HST style so only 2 weeks of 5's ..and itt's progressive.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am thinking if hitting up an HST-7 style lift after my deload. Seems like things will be right where I want them regarding rep range.

Monday - Triceps / Biceps
Triceps

• Close-grip bench press 3-4 x 8-12
  • Weighted or machine dip 3 x 8-12
  • Overhead cable extension 7 x 8-12
  • Skull crushers 7 x 8-12
Biceps

• Alternate dumbbell curls 3-4 x 8-12
  • Machine preacher curl 3 x 8-12
  • EZ-bar curl 7 x 8-12 (rest 30-45 seconds between sets while sipping water)

Tuesday - Legs
Quads

• Leg extensions 3-4 x 8-15
  • Squats 4 x 8-12
  • Hack squat or leg press 3 x 8-15
  • Leg extension or leg press 7 x 8-15
Hamstrings

• Lying leg curls 3-4 x 10-15
  • Stiff-leg deadlift 3-4 x 10-12
  • Single leg curl 3-4 x 10-15 each leg
  • Seated leg curls 7 x 10-15
Wednesday - Chest and Triceps
Chest

• Incline dumbbell press 3-4 x 8-12
  • Incline dumbbell flye 3 x 8-12
  • Flat Hammer or dumbbell press 3 x 8-12
  • Pec deck or cable crossover 7 x 8-12
Triceps

• Close-grip bench press 3-4 x 8-12
  • Weighted or machine dip 3 x 8-12
  • Overhead cable extension 7 x 8-12
  • Skull crushers 7 x 8-12
Thursday - Back & Calves
Back

• Neutral-grip chin-ups 3 x failure
  • Wide-grip pulldowns 3 x 8-12
  • Barbell row 3 x 8-12
  • Hammer Strength row 3 x 8-12
  • Machine or cable pullover 7 x 8-15

Saturday - Shoulders and Biceps
Shoulders

• Seated dumbbell press 4 x 8-12
  • Barbell or dumbbell front raise 3 x 8-12
  • Dumbbell lateral raise 3 x 8-12
  • Lateral raise machine 7 x 8-12
Biceps

• Alternate dumbbell curls 3-4 x 8-12
  • Machine preacher curl 3 x 8-12
  • EZ-bar curl 7 x 8-12 (rest 30-45 seconds between sets while sipping water)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i went down to 6x6 today, finished with a set of 4 (still rep at 4 & 5 from time to time..not much tho)
if i wasn't on a mission this winter, i'd bypass all this heavy shizz and stick with 8-range and up as well.
Here we go! :tired:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think had I not been in the 3-5 range the week before then hit the 1-3 range I would have been fine. A dip down to 4-6 never really hurts me too much it is the repeated trips to that range.

calebsmitty

Awards
Injuries come from over use in a strength program. Low reps high rest periods. Limited accessory movements. And accessory work should be done with lighter weight and strict form. Basically keep it simple and short. Hard to do when you are used to do such high rep volume work.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Injuries come from over use in a strength program. Low reps high rest periods. Limited accessory movements. And accessory work should be done with lighter weight and strict form. Basically keep it simple and short. Hard to do when you are used to do such high rep volume work.
No doubt but I already have arthritis in both my shoulders. I am a stickler for form. Just was too much weight for my connective tissue all at once.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj3evCBlGLk" target="_blank">[video=youtube;Cj3evCBlGLk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj3evCBlGLk[/video]

This contest is going from now until Friday December 21, the prize is a FINAFLEX FREAK PACK! The FINAFLEX FREAK pack contains:

1 Bottle of any product we currently carry,
1 FINAFLEX Performance Bracelet in pink or black,
1 set of FINAFLEX Stereo Headphones
1 FINAFLEX FREAK T-Shirt!

Rules are really that you need to use Kraft JetPuffed Marshmallows Full size only, no mini's considered just to keep everything fair for everyone. Post your video in response to this one with the same title and then put a link to your video on our Facebook page here in response to this one video. FINAFLEX | Facebook

Only entries linked on the FINAFLEX Facebook page will be considered.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, now get to stuffing those faces!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
^^ :lmao:
dude you are a pro. i see a hot dog eating contest win in your future.
glad i can't enter - marshmallows do not make any appearances in my meal plan. :nono:

Here we go! :tired:
Good Buddy?? :bigeyes2:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Too cute Kleen!! Great stuff.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been doing a FST-7 for the past month and absolutlely LOVE it sofar. The only bad part is doing the fascia stretches and flexes between sets makes u look like a douche in the gym lol. The pumps are amazing tho and my strength has stayed constant even tho I'm not going quite as heavy as I normally do on certain exercises.

msrider

msrider

Awards
Well I think my run with 5-3-1 is over for a while... Remember last week I was complaining about arthritis in my shoulder, well apparently it was aggravation from heavy bench. I got in yesterday and lifted just fine on bench but it was feeling really iffy. Not painful or anything but like something wasn't right. I got through all of my work sets and hit 305x3 for clean reps but and when I got up about 2 minutes later my shoulder started to ache. I called it a day and went home. I should have taken some aleve but I didn't. Well I woke up this morning and there is definitely something wrong with the shoulder. I don't think it is major or I hope not. However during squats it was aching, I did all my work sets, hit 410x3 without a spot then went to Leg Press 6 plates per side for 5 sets of 10, and leg curls for 5x10.

It is bitching at me now. I have a deload week here this coming week. I am going to deload and revamp my approach here. I said if this proved to much for my old joints I was going to change it up abruptly and that is the plan. Had this been an error in form or some "mistake" I made other than overloading my joints I wouldn't be stopping but I have not had any reps on anything that were not clean and in good form. It doesn't feel muscular in origin so not worried about the rotator, just think I have roughed up the cartilage a bit. Up until a month ago I had not lifted much more than 255 for reps then making the steady climb based off of my estimated maxes I think my strength is just more than my cartilage can recover from.

I really can't afford down time this year if I am going to do a BB comp later so the adjustment is a must even though my ego says I could recover and start with lower estimated maxes to allow the connective tissue to strengthen. Perhaps I can revisit this at another time or simply modify the plan to 15/12/8 or something like that.
Bro that sucks! I just injured myself more with my back. It sucks having injuries when your mind is telling you to smash some weights. I feel ya bro! Get better Big Man!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well once again the multi-quote is screwed up... how hard can it possibly be?

Snags, notice I spit them out... My daughter was enjoying them though. :)

Thanks AZ, she is adorable isn't she!

I've been doing a FST-7 for the past month and absolutlely LOVE it sofar. The only bad part is doing the fascia stretches and flexes between sets makes u look like a douche in the gym lol. The pumps are amazing tho and my strength has stayed constant even tho I'm not going quite as heavy as I normally do on certain exercises.
I just read the article on it but it didn't say I needed to do any other fascia stretches. Is that something gone into in the book or a video? Can you describe them for me a little I am familiar with the DC stretches but from the article it looked like he said he was using the massive pump for the fascia stretching. I will see if I can find anything else on it but if you could explain some of the stretches that would be awesome!

This week is my deload week I will do 3 light weight full body workouts this week on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I am keep calories relatively low and carbs minimal to deplete myself and to increase insulin sensitivity. Next week I will be adding in Carb Back Loading into the nutritional arsenal to see if it is as good as some think. I will basically get my daily allowance for carbohydrates in the evening to fuel up for my lift the next morning. The reason I am choosing this method is two fold. One I am curious about it, and two I will need my muscles full of glycogen in the morning if I expect to have the best pump possible which is needed for FST-7.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
they still touched your tongue tho. :nono:

cutie she is.
i remember when mine was that age..17 now, seems like soooo long ago.
Yeah I only like marshmallow when it is on a marshmallow and peanut butter sandwich. I know what you mean she seemed like she was a baby and now she is so grown up. I know if I blink I am going to be teaching her how to drive before my eyes open back up fully. Time just flies by.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well once again the multi-quote is screwed up... how hard can it possibly be?

Snags, notice I spit them out... My daughter was enjoying them though. :)

Thanks AZ, she is adorable isn't she!

I just read the article on it but it didn't say I needed to do any other fascia stretches. Is that something gone into in the book or a video? Can you describe them for me a little I am familiar with the DC stretches but from the article it looked like he said he was using the massive pump for the fascia stretching. I will see if I can find anything else on it but if you could explain some of the stretches that would be awesome!

This week is my deload week I will do 3 light weight full body workouts this week on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I am keep calories relatively low and carbs minimal to deplete myself and to increase insulin sensitivity. Next week I will be adding in Carb Back Loading into the nutritional arsenal to see if it is as good as some think. I will basically get my daily allowance for carbohydrates in the evening to fuel up for my lift the next morning. The reason I am choosing this method is two fold. One I am curious about it, and two I will need my muscles full of glycogen in the morning if I expect to have the best pump possible which is needed for FST-7.
Fst7 stretches are more like the old school type stretches. But alternate the stretch with the flex. So during the 30-45s rest stretch the muscle. Then after the second set, flex/pose the target muscle.
The DVD is motivational lol. Jay and Phil are monsters.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Fst7 stretches are more like the old school type stretches. But alternate the stretch with the flex. So during the 30-45s rest stretch the muscle. Then after the second set, flex/pose the target muscle.
The DVD is motivational lol. Jay and Phil are monsters.
I may have to look around for that one.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
TIPS FOR MAXIMUM GROWTH
* Do heavy, basic movements first: A stronger muscle is a bigger muscle and vice versa. Heavy compound exercises done in the base workout prior to the last movement are crucial for three reasons: they build size, density and strength, which in turn, allow for the use of heavier weight for 7s.
* Rest less: To supersaturate the muscles, rest no more than 30-45 seconds between sets to keep blood in the muscles.
* Contract: Flex the target muscle for 30 seconds between sets to put further pressure on the fascia.
* Stretch: Stretching needs to be done during the workout, while the muscle is pumped--in addition to before and after--to further loosen the fascia. Hold each stretch for 30 seconds. Alternate stretching and flexing (stretch after the first set, flex after the second set, etc.).
* All year long: This technique can be used both offseason and precontest. The reps will be lower in the offseason and higher precontest.

Like mattrag said. I just flex the entire time after one set then stretch the entire rest period the next set. The set after flexing is exscuriating (spellcheck) but its all for the greater good!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
TIPS FOR MAXIMUM GROWTH
* Do heavy, basic movements first: A stronger muscle is a bigger muscle and vice versa. Heavy compound exercises done in the base workout prior to the last movement are crucial for three reasons: they build size, density and strength, which in turn, allow for the use of heavier weight for 7s.
* Rest less: To supersaturate the muscles, rest no more than 30-45 seconds between sets to keep blood in the muscles.
* Contract: Flex the target muscle for 30 seconds between sets to put further pressure on the fascia.
* Stretch: Stretching needs to be done during the workout, while the muscle is pumped--in addition to before and after--to further loosen the fascia. Hold each stretch for 30 seconds. Alternate stretching and flexing (stretch after the first set, flex after the second set, etc.).
* All year long: This technique can be used both offseason and precontest. The reps will be lower in the offseason and higher precontest.

Like mattrag said. I just flex the entire time after one set then stretch the entire rest period the next set. The set after flexing is exscuriating (spellcheck) but its all for the greater good!
Nice is the 30-45 seconds just between the FST-7 sets or all of the sets?

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
If i go through this whole log id get a hard drive of knowledge

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its 1-1.5 mins between regular sets and 30 seconds between the fst-7 sets only. Treat the non 7's like you would any other regular working set.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So today was my first deload workout and the first time I did any pushing with the shoulder. It got little bit rough but it was not too bad. I am going to avoid shoulder pressing for the rest of the week and when I go on Thursday it will be an Arm and Leg day only. All isolation exercises on arms and legs.

Took measurements before the gym
Right Arm 17.25
Left arm 17.5
Shoulders 53.25
Chest 48.25
Waist 36
Hips 41.25
Quads 26

Those measurements are of me at 213.5 lbs not too bad for being in PCT but I am a bit too soft now. Basically I have maintained weight but my body fat has increased somewhat. I think at 205 I would look pretty money.

Here is what the lift looked like:

Rest periods were 30 seconds between sets.

HIIT on Rowing Machine 10 minutes - 140 cals

Hammer Strength Iso-lateral decline chest press - 60x12 x 4 sets (no pain here)

Hammer Strength Iso-lateral row supinated grip - 57.5x12 x 4 sets

Life Fitness Shoulder Press 80x12, 50x12 - Started to feel sensitive so lowered the weight, still felt sensitive so stop pressing and moved on.
Cybex Lateral Raise - 50x12 x 2 set
Free Motion Station Rear Delt Cable Flies - 20x12 x 2 sets

Leg Press - 355x12 x4 sets

Moderate Intensity Interval Cardio on Elliptical 20 minutes 296 calories

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Its 1-1.5 mins between regular sets and 30 seconds between the fst-7 sets only. Treat the non 7's like you would any other regular working set.
Okay that is what I thought just wanted to make sure I understood it correctly.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
So today was my first deload workout and the first time I did any pushing with the shoulder. It got little bit rough but it was not too bad. I am going to avoid shoulder pressing for the rest of the week and when I go on Thursday it will be an Arm and Leg day only. All isolation exercises on arms and legs.

Took measurements before the gym
Right Arm 17.25
Left arm 17.5
Shoulders 53.25
Chest 48.25
Waist 36
Hips 41.25
Quads 26
Looking good bro. I got shoulder issues too and do my best to work around it. The FST-7 rocks. I've been using it for a little over a year now, not for every workout maybe like every other week I'll incorporate it into all my major muscle groups.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ah shoulder problems, we all have them...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good bro. I got shoulder issues too and do my best to work around it. The FST-7 rocks. I've been using it for a little over a year now, not for every workout maybe like every other week I'll incorporate it into all my major muscle groups.
Thanks! I am thinking I will really enjoy it. I will probably keep rest down to about 1 minute on my normal work sets for upper body then 60-90 seconds on lower body that should help keep the extreme weight from being lifted on my shoulder due to cumulative fatigue.

Ah shoulder problems, we all have them...
Yes Sir, I think I am recovering really well even though there was sensetivity during the training I have no residual pain which is a good sign. I am being religous about taking my Aleve but it wont be too much longer. Tomorrow I am just working arms and legs no pressing or pulling movements involving much with the shoulders other than stabilization. Saturday I will test the same machine again and see if there is any discomfort. If not I will give myself the go ahead to begin pushing more next week. If not then I will work around it, there are other things I can do. ;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well the shoulder was still pretty sensitive today during training. I got through it and am no worse for the wear but I will not be able to start FST-7 next week. I think I am going to start the big Dumbbell Giant Set circuit for at leas a few weeks to keep the weight down but muscle up. It always seems to do the trick in this situation. Lots of blood getting to the shoulder but no overly heavy weight.

3 times a week alternating between the 2 workouts.

Dumbbell Workout 1 20 reps each exrecise/ 3 giant sets no rest between exercises and or rotations if possible. I will start out with 25lbs on larger exercises and 17.5 on smaller ones.

Dead Lifts

Flat Bench Press

Squat

Wide DB Bent over Rows (elbows out)

Romanian Dead Lift

DB Shrugs

Arnold press

Lunge Squats

DB Curls

Dumbbell Workout 2

DB Squat

Incline DB Press

DB Front Squats

One Arm DB Row

Romanian Dead Lift

Overhead DB Press

Step Up

Lateral Raise

Bench Dip

I will also be adding in a 4rth workout which will be an Arm Day. I feel I can at least make some progress in the arms while maintaining the rest of my body and increasing my overall conditioning. Speaking of conditioning I signed up with Jeff and Matt to run in the Warrior Dash in March. Last night I decided to give running on the treadmill a try and managed to run 2 miles on a slight incline without stopping. Jogging at an average of 5mp not hooking it or anything but considering I have not run in a while that was pretty impressive. After that I put it to lower speed and walked on a steep incline for another 20 minutes.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
wow yeah, pretty big cardio session for first time back.
kudos.
Thanks it was one of those tests where I started out thinking I would run a few minutes then walk then run but I just kept tacking new finishing points onto the run. Now by 2 miles I was pretty much done as in the last 3/10 I was just going for it on sheer will power.

This mornings workout was

30 seconds rest between sets and on the supersets there was absolutely no rest just back and forth.

DB Front Raises 20x10 x 5 sets
Lateral Raises 20x10 x 5 sets this is where I felt sensitivity and had to adjust form. Was able to complete them with "pain" per-say but mild discomfort.

Super Set A
DB Curls
20x15, 20x15, 20x15, 20x10, 20x15
Rear Delt Reverse Flies 50x10, 60x10 x 4 sets

Super Set B
Straight Arm Peck Deck - 110x10 x 5 set - had to adjust form so that I was not taking my elbows back past my shoulders. I normally get a good stretch but that got me into the area that is irritated.
Overhead Triceps Extensions with 45lb plate x10 x 5 sets

Leg Press - 445x10 x 5 sets

Completed 30 sets in 29 minutes...

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks it was one of those tests where I started out thinking I would run a few minutes then walk then run but I just kept tacking new finishing points onto the run. Now by 2 miles I was pretty much done as in the last 3/10 I was just going for it on sheer will power.

30 seconds rest between sets and on the supersets there was absolutely no rest just back and forth.

Lateral Raises 20x10 x 5 sets this is where I felt sensitivity and had to adjust form. Was able to complete them with "pain" per-say but mild discomfort.

Super Set A
DB Curls 20x15, 20x15, 20x15, 20x10, 20x15

Super Set B
Straight Arm Peck Deck - 110x10 x 5 set - had to adjust form so that I was not taking my elbows back past my shoulders. I normally get a good stretch but that got me into the area that is irritated.

Dang nice work out!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Super Set A
DB Curls 20x15, 20x15, 20x15, 20x10, 20x15

Super Set B

That looks like one of those Kleen workouts from days past that makes most mortal men hurl before getting through it....NICE!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That looks like one of those Kleen workouts from days past that makes most mortal men hurl before getting through it....NICE!
Yes Sir it is back to intensity via lack of rest for a while. I need to get healed up, and in better over all physical condition.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am beat up I will be traveling so will take a week off then a deload week. Then we start getting serious.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am beat up I will be traveling so will take a week off then a deload week. Then we start getting serious.
Sounds good, I can't wait to follow along in that one. I started looking at options for shows but right now I am not counting on it until my shoulder heals up.

There is a show close by in The Woodlands the Branch Warren which is July 16th, then one in Houston on Oct 12 The Texas State Championships. Right now those are what I am eyeballing as possibilities. Then again 6/20/13 in Austin... I want to be able to do 2 shows just not sure which ones and I would like to be "on" for them if possible since it will keep size.

30 sets in 29 mins is intense kleen!
Thanks!!!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was going to go to the Branch Warren show last year but my wife got put in the hospital and I didn't make it. If you compete in that show or the one in Houston I will be there rooting u on brotha!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's my impression that a lot of the people who do more than one show don't actually peak untill the final show.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was going to go to the Branch Warren show last year but my wife got put in the hospital and I didn't make it. If you compete in that show or the one in Houston I will be there rooting u on brotha!
Sweet, most of this depends on my shoulder of course. I think it will recover in plenty time though. I will be doing the one in Houston for sure, the Branch or the Austin shows are kind of up in the air.

It's my impression that a lot of the people who do more than one show don't actually peak until the final show.
Precisely, If I do the earlier one it will be more of the tune up for the second show. I have not done it in a long time and expect more out of this one. The one in Houston in Oct is the one I want to peak for for sure but going through it all a couple months before would really help things out. Especially with getting the loose skin tight. As long as my shoulder heals up and I can start moving more weight I will buy my competition card in about 6 weeks. That gives me time to see where my shoulder is.

My calves are pretty sore today, not insane but I limp a bit when I first get up after sitting or lying down for a while. After about 20-30 feet they loosen up but yeah that 2 mile run put the hurt on them. :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Competition card? I like to hear that bro! Nice job on that run.