KLEEN is Recovering & Breaking PR's with Wendlers 531 & FINAFLEX!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was asking about the Spud because he said he had just picked one up. They look like a comfortable belt and I can pick one up fairly cheap. No decision yet though.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I was asking about the Spud because he said he had just picked one up. They look like a comfortable belt and I can pick one up fairly cheap. No decision yet though.
Ahh ok just curious. Elitefts also has their own brand of belts now which aren't a bad price either.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually just picked up an Elite benching belt that was on sale. These are for my son who has decided that he wants to try powerlifting.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I actually just picked up an Elite benching belt that was on sale. These are for my son who has decided that he wants to try powerlifting.
From hockey to powerlifting? Great move! Let me know if I can be of assistance in any way. I do still recommend the forever belt by inzer. I bought mine 5 years ago at 200 lbs body weight. It still fits at 250+ and it feels like its just now becoming broken in. These things really do last forever.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thx Inarius!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never use belts anymore but I remember liking my son's inzer lever belt.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never used one either but he hopefully will when his weights progress.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i don't lift heavy enuff weights to have to wear a belt..

:ntome:
I'm with Snags, I don't use heavy enough weights to have to wear a belt either, I'm all about the high volume, high intensity, high reps sh!t myself!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just do my core work with Wheel of Death and yah don't do anthing less than 5 reps any longer and keep my form very clean. I am getting better development than ever.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Kleen...Spud Belt working out well? Looking into a purchase and wanted your feedback.
I love it, I got it for the comfort and ease of use. I really don't have a waist so the extremely hard belts are just not for me. If some how I became competitive that would be different. I don't think the dead lift belt is a sanctioned belt due to the velcro even though it will not slip. For something to start with I LOVE IT!
Why a spud belt? I love my inzer forever belt.
Well like I said I don't have a waist and don't want to bruise my hips and ribs every time I put one on. However for most who plan to get serious about PLifting then maybe a good latch belt is the way to go. I used to have one. It got soaked in Tropical Storm Allison when my house flooded and then the layers started to come apart.

Very comfortable and worth the price.

Ahh ok just curious. Elitefts also has their own brand of belts now which aren't a bad price either.
Oufinny picked one up from the he seems to like it.
Nice!

From hockey to powerlifting? Great move! Let me know if I can be of assistance in any way. I do still recommend the forever belt by inzer. I bought mine 5 years ago at 200 lbs body weight. It still fits at 250+ and it feels like its just now becoming broken in. These things really do last forever.
That is a good spread on that weight, means it is landing in the right spots!

i don't lift heavy enuff weights to have to wear a belt..

:ntome:
Normally I don't either. I put one on for my all out set only none of the others get belt action.

I'm with Snags, I don't use heavy enough weights to have to wear a belt either, I'm all about the high volume, high intensity, high reps sh!t myself!
Yeah that is good stuff too, it all works! You know me I am ADHD all over the the place when it comes to things I like variety.

I just do my core work with Wheel of Death and yah don't do anthing less than 5 reps any longer and keep my form very clean. I am getting better development than ever.
Good stuff.

Okay since I am in here, I am still hovering around 210, trying very hard to maintain this weight. Strength seems to be sticking around. I have been averaging about 2500 calories a day. Bumping up and down a bit. I did my workout this evening and it was a good one this is my 3rd week on 5-3-1 so it was the actual 5-3-1 pattern I followed for reps.

Standing Military Press - 85x5, 110x5, 130x3, 165x5, 185x3, 205x3 & 3/4 Damn I was so close to finishing that fourth rep I could taste it but I was not going to squirm to get it so I re-racked it. Either way this is a PR!

1 minute rest periods rest of workout.

Seated Lifestyle MTS Shoulder press neutral grip - 155x10, 155x10, 155x8, 140x6, 110x6

Chins - 10, 10, 9, 6, 3 that one minute wasn't long enough here!

DB Laterals 25x10, 25x10, 25x10
DB Rear Laterals 17.5x12, 17.5x10, 15x8

EZ Bar Curls 115x6, 115x6, 115x3, 55x15

I really have to say I am enjoying the stack so far. CreaTrona has not failed to impress me. I feel it is a part of me not losing too much strength. I get some pretty good pumps after the heavy weights are over and I go for a few reps. The IGNITE 2 is enough to wake me up in the morning and get training done or to come in after work and still get to be reasonably early. I have been using 2 scoops of CELL SHOCK post workout on days where it is not during my fast and I can feel myself swell up plus it tastes good!

Right now I am feeling pretty good about my recovery even though libido is still not up I can feel things getting better and the boys are getting fuller. I will start my Endosurge soon to free up the testosterone I have managed to start creating and see what happens after that.

My arthritis does feel better after slowing down on the anti-cort stuff. It is a little tingly today but I have a deload week next week so I am good. Loving the fact my shoulders seem full. My deload week should have me feeling like a million bucks. Just doing bench on Thursday then upper body gets a nice rest. ;)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love it, I got it for the comfort and ease of use. I really don't have a waist so the extremely hard belts are just not for me. If some how I became competitive that would be different. I don't think the dead lift belt is a sanctioned belt due to the velcro even though it will not slip. For something to start with I LOVE IT!
Well like I said I don't have a waist and don't want to bruise my hips and ribs every time I put one on. However for most who plan to get serious about PLifting then maybe a good latch belt is the way to go. I used to have one. It got soaked in Tropical Storm Allison when my house flooded and then the layers started to come apart.

Very comfortable and worth the price.

Oufinny picked one up from the he seems to like it.
Nice!

That is a good spread on that weight, means it is landing in the right spots!

Normally I don't either. I put one on for my all out set only none of the others get belt action.

Yeah that is good stuff too, it all works! You know me I am ADHD all over the the place when it comes to things I like variety.

Good stuff.

Okay since I am in here, I am still hovering around 210, trying very hard to maintain this weight. Strength seems to be sticking around. I have been averaging about 2500 calories a day. Bumping up and down a bit. I did my workout this evening and it was a good one this is my 3rd week on 5-3-1 so it was the actual 5-3-1 pattern I followed for reps.

Standing Military Press - 85x5, 110x5, 130x3, 165x5, 185x3, 205x3 & 3/4 Damn I was so close to finishing that fourth rep I could taste it but I was not going to squirm to get it so I re-racked it. Either way this is a PR!

1 minute rest periods rest of workout.

Seated Lifestyle MTS Shoulder press neutral grip - 155x10, 155x10, 155x8, 140x6, 110x6

Chins - 10, 10, 9, 6, 3 that one minute wasn't long enough here!

DB Laterals 25x10, 25x10, 25x10
DB Rear Laterals 17.5x12, 17.5x10, 15x8

EZ Bar Curls 115x6, 115x6, 115x3, 55x15

I really have to say I am enjoying the stack so far. CreaTrona has not failed to impress me. I feel it is a part of me not losing too much strength. I get some pretty good pumps after the heavy weights are over and I go for a few reps. The IGNITE 2 is enough to wake me up in the morning and get training done or to come in after work and still get to be reasonably early. I have been using 2 scoops of CELL SHOCK post workout on days where it is not during my fast and I can feel myself swell up plus it tastes good!

Right now I am feeling pretty good about my recovery even though libido is still not up I can feel things getting better and the boys are getting fuller. I will start my Endosurge soon to free up the testosterone I have managed to start creating and see what happens after that.

My arthritis does feel better after slowing down on the anti-cort stuff. It is a little tingly today but I have a deload week next week so I am good. Loving the fact my shoulders seem full. My deload week should have me feeling like a million bucks. Just doing bench on Thursday then upper body gets a nice rest. ;)
Those numbers on military and EZ bar curl are sick brotato! Nice work!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's been a long time since I've used the ez bar but I can't even think about putting that kind of weight above my heard even seated. I used to really be able to rock seated military but standing is way more difficult.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Killing it. Awesome update kleen.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Standing BB military is an exercise that truly displays raw strength...which by the way you have in spades Kleen! Very nice numbers.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Standing BB military is an exercise that truly displays raw strength...which by the way you have in spades Kleen! Very nice numbers.
Heck yeah!!! Kleen's the man!!!!

I wish I had a tall enough ceiling in my home gym to do those -

calebsmitty

Awards
205 standing is impressive. I got up to that but at a much higher weight. 40 lbs. heavier than you. When I lost that weight my numbers dropped.

A note on spud belt. I believe it is legal as long as it is the single ply on IPF. I use mine for DL and anything else like GM, SLDL, row, etc. super comfy and easily adjusted. Just get the right size.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Those numbers on military and EZ bar curl are sick brotato! Nice work!
Thanks I am working hard to try to keep strength on the up trend being that my test is lower right now. From what I can tell when I put the new numbers in the max calculator my strength is sticking around the same as when I was still on...

It's been a long time since I've used the ez bar but I can't even think about putting that kind of weight above my heard even seated. I used to really be able to rock seated military but standing is way more difficult.
Yeah I like the EZ Bar I feel I can hit brachialis and the biceps with it pretty good and after the chins I am already toasty in the supinated position.

Thanks! I am trying to kill it up in here... Like we talked about in IM this is really my first time training for strength.

Heck yeah!!! Kleen's the man!!!!

I wish I had a tall enough ceiling in my home gym to do those -
They are pretty awesome

I am gonna do my best.

Okay update time. I got home last night and the wife had reheated some pot roast we had the other day it was very low fat. On top of the before she ever got to it I had already went in once it was cold and skimmed the fat from the top of the bowl. So it was pretty darn lean. I had about a pound of it last night with 1 cup mashed potatoes and finished it off with a bit of Dump Cake to get my carbs up higher. I also had 2 scoops of CELL SHOCK post workout with my aminos.

I am pretty excited about the new Aminos we have coming out BCAA + SAA it is going to be sweet to have that around.

Okay not for this mornings lift. Today was dead lifts. I went in like a week ago after my first workout and recalculated my estimated max because it was just too high. I could tell by how hard the first week was. So now I went to print out this weeks workouts and printed the first one with the higher weights so some of my lower sets should have been lower weights, I will list what they should have been off to the side if they were incorrect.

Dead Lifts
210x5 should have been 195
260x5 should have been 245
315x3 should have been 295
395x5 should have been 370
445x3 should have been 420
470x3
This is also a PR!!! This was the correct weight I was supposed to use remembered what it was from looking yesterday the old sheet had me doing 500 I don't think I would have got too many there.. I think I could have probably pulled a 4rth if I had not been lifting about 20 lbs over on each of the build up sets.

Romanian Dead Lifts to 1 inch from floor - 275x10 x5 sets

Hanging Leg Raises feet up to bar - 2 sets of 10, 1 of 7
Planks - 60 seconds x2

Today I broke my fast early at 10AM 1.5 cups Oats, 3 scoops Trutein Vanilla 2 tbls spoon of heavy cream...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
205 standing is impressive. I got up to that but at a much higher weight. 40 lbs. heavier than you. When I lost that weight my numbers dropped.

A note on spud belt. I believe it is legal as long as it is the single ply on IPF. I use mine for DL and anything else like GM, SLDL, row, etc. super comfy and easily adjusted. Just get the right size.
Oh okay, I got the 3 ply one, it is still comfortable and feels sturdy enough to squat in which is why I chose to do a triple ply at this point. Just using it as added insurance, I have not used a belt in so long I feel my core is more than up to the task however my desire not to see injury again requires that I have some support. I don't think that I will be competing any time soon. I may be wrong but I don't think my numbers would be competitive at this juncture. Now who knows how I will feel after a few cycles of 531 but for now it is very fun to push / pull some numbers!

calebsmitty

Awards
I think your numbers are fine. Probably be a 500 DL at least in comp. that's damn good.

calebsmitty

Awards
I have the three ply as well. Love it.

By the way it's on sale on elitefts right now.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think your numbers are fine. Probably be a 500 DL at least in comp. that's damn good.
Sounds good maybe we will see what happens down the road if my bench and squat keep climbing.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah if I was still going for big numbers on deads and doing 3's I'd be using a belf for sure. Doing 8's my grip wears out before my back does :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No Doubt Doug! The high reps are a beast on the grip!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My grip has got better just since starting this. I can crush a Sprite can! No really I was pretty surprised when I pulled the 470x3 with no wraps.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wouldn't miss this kleen! As long as there's going to be pop tart re feeds . Even if not ill still stay

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
When you calculated your numbers did you base them off of your 1rm or 90% of your 1rm?

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My grip has got better just since starting this. I can crush a Sprite can! No really I was pretty surprised when I pulled the 470x3 with no wraps.
Quite impressive there sir!!! My best ever was 585Lbs x 5 back in my hay-day, now I'm just too old for that shyte!

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Just got caught up. You are killing it man. Keep up the hard work

msrider

msrider

Awards
Damn Bro, getting it Kleen! I havnt been able to do deads for about 3 weeks due to a screwed up back that's not in the rite place. 470 without straps is beast for surex3, I did 550x1 with straps then AB told me in competition I can't wear them lol. I tried 495 raw for first time 3 weeks ago, without straps that ****s hard haha. Went down and did 405 easily. Keep crushing it Bro! I can't wait till I can

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When you calculated your numbers did you base them off of your 1rm or 90% of your 1rm?
I did them off of 90% of my projected max. I have not maxed out in over 20 years so they were estimates off of some max rep attempts at certain weights.

wouldn't miss this kleen! As long as there's going to be pop tart re feeds . Even if not ill still stay
After next week there will be for sure!

Quite impressive there sir!!! My best ever was 585Lbs x 5 back in my hay-day, now I'm just too old for that shyte!
That is beast mode your "old" ass is in better shape than me right now though!

Okay so I have had a couple conflicting weigh ins and am not really sure where I am weight wise. I need a better scale to check on. That or put a level to the one I have at the house... I am somewhere between 208-218 depending on where I am weighing myself so either I am not losing any muscle mass at all but added a little fat, or I am losing some mass and have a little added fat. I am honestly leaning toward not losing mass, and I added a bit of fat with the relaxed calories. I would just go buy a new scale and see where I stand but it is Christmas time and I am saving all my money for that.

Here is the plan to proceed regardless.

Next week will be a 2200-2300 calorie a day diet with minimal carbs, high protein and fats. After that I will go back to my normal refeeds. I was catering to the gains in strength with my food choices over the last two weeks and thing I need a very mild clean up for this week then I will go back to my higher levels of calories. I feel I am already a decent bit of the way into this recovery and that I am safe to do a mild clean up during my deload week when I will not need as many calories to repair my body.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am rocking the really low burn days with moderate workout days and weekend refeeds... I am very stable weight wise but am still getting bigger slowly. I am up 4 lbs since the summer but it looks like I've gained more muscle wise. It is possible I am only up 4 lbs lean mass as that is a lot if it's lean. Quality lbs always look bigger. I am quite a bit harder too which makes a big difference.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice when do we get to see some new pics of you? Have not seen any recent ones. Show us the beast mode!

Admittedly I have allowed myself to loosen up more in an effort to keep muscle mass, I don't feel like trying to be perfect on everything right now just to stay really lean and not lose. I am relaxing a bit. I still have some abs, they are just not how I would prefer them to be.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice when do we get to see some new pics of you? Have not seen any recent ones. Show us the beast mode!

Admittedly I have allowed myself to loosen up more in an effort to keep muscle mass, I don't feel like trying to be perfect on everything right now just to stay really lean and not lose. I am relaxing a bit. I still have some abs, they are just not how I would prefer them to be.
Be doing my before pics in early January. We had an issue at the gym with me taking my shirt off for pics but we're going to go Saturday when the guy's not there I guess. I will be doing then weekly from there on out.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Be doing my before pics in early January. We had an issue at the gym with me taking my shirt off for pics but we're going to go Saturday when the guy's not there I guess. I will be doing then weekly from there on out.
Lol. I remember doing deads at my gym about 6 months ago and some dude came next to me and stripped down to a modeling thong and his girl started taking pics. No doubt the dude was in great shape but shyt was awkward and about thirty seconds later one of the owners told him to take off. I was laughing so much I had to step outside for a minute.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Doug,

That sounds good and I hate it when someone is doing something just real quick to get a couple pics and someone spazzes out of things...

Lol. I remember doing deads at my gym about 6 months ago and some dude came next to me and stripped down to a modeling thong and his girl started taking pics. No doubt the dude was in great shape but shyt was awkward and about thirty seconds later one of the owners told him to take off. I was laughing so much I had to step outside for a minute.
This on the other hand sounds like it was a bit too far without permission. Wearing a thong...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah I can understand the thong, I was wearing long shorts though :(

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Kleen, just trying to get caught up here and see how recovery is treating you. How far along through this are you?

Things look to be going pretty good so far. Keep it up buddy!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey Kleen, just trying to get caught up here and see how recovery is treating you. How far along through this are you?

Things look to be going pretty good so far. Keep it up buddy!
So far I am 2 weeks into the actual PCT and that started 2 weeks after the last shot of testosterone. So about 2.5 weeks since the test was pretty much out of my system, and I took my last EPIVAR.

I slept in this morning so no workout until this evening but I am hitting 305 for my last set for as many reps as possible tonight. Hopefully the lift goes off without a hitch and I pop up 3-4 of them. I will update after the lift.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

calebsmitty

Awards
Love those rep PRs. Makes your balls bigger. It's a fact.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey Frank, just in here trying to lift heavy. Glad you came over to check it out.
Hell yea. Can't miss this epicness.

I smashed SOHP today myself. I am on the 5 wave so it is pretty light but I hit a rep PR of 185 x12.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Frank, just in here trying to lift heavy. Glad you came over to check it out.
Kleen you are strong as fck as it is! making me wanna train for some power! Losing quite a bit of strength on my current cut :(

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well I think my run with 5-3-1 is over for a while... Remember last week I was complaining about arthritis in my shoulder, well apparently it was aggravation from heavy bench. I got in yesterday and lifted just fine on bench but it was feeling really iffy. Not painful or anything but like something wasn't right. I got through all of my work sets and hit 305x3 for clean reps but and when I got up about 2 minutes later my shoulder started to ache. I called it a day and went home. I should have taken some aleve but I didn't. Well I woke up this morning and there is definitely something wrong with the shoulder. I don't think it is major or I hope not. However during squats it was aching, I did all my work sets, hit 410x3 without a spot then went to Leg Press 6 plates per side for 5 sets of 10, and leg curls for 5x10.

It is bitching at me now. I have a deload week here this coming week. I am going to deload and revamp my approach here. I said if this proved to much for my old joints I was going to change it up abruptly and that is the plan. Had this been an error in form or some "mistake" I made other than overloading my joints I wouldn't be stopping but I have not had any reps on anything that were not clean and in good form. It doesn't feel muscular in origin so not worried about the rotator, just think I have roughed up the cartilage a bit. Up until a month ago I had not lifted much more than 255 for reps then making the steady climb based off of my estimated maxes I think my strength is just more than my cartilage can recover from.

I really can't afford down time this year if I am going to do a BB comp later so the adjustment is a must even though my ego says I could recover and start with lower estimated maxes to allow the connective tissue to strengthen. Perhaps I can revisit this at another time or simply modify the plan to 15/12/8 or something like that.