Kleen BLASTS OFF DC Style w/ Asteroid Stack at his back!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Big, is that your girl in your avi?

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
I finally broke down and ordered a bit of Prime to run here coming up. Lots of good reviews from good people, so here goes!! Nice to know everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I finally broke down and ordered a bit of Prime to run here coming up. Lots of good reviews from good people, so here goes!! Nice to know everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!
I grabbed some more myself. I'll be kicking the dose up here pretty soon.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I had the pleasure of tearing up some iron with Mr. Kleen today, it was a blast to lift with someone who is motivated in the same ways that I am, and to trade ideas/workout ideals back and forth.

Thanks for having me over bud, it was awesome to meet ya, you have a great family, and hopefully we can do it again next time I visit my sister out in Houston.
It was a blast Bro! Really enjoyed it. Will definitely have to hook it up next time you are in town.

I hope you had a happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your weekend.
Was excellent first time back on since then. Heading to gym soon!

nice workouts! hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!
Thanks and back at Ya!

If is tell her I like her breasts... :bigok: what... it's a compliment :ziplip:
Wowza!!! LOL

Oh man that is gonna be nice!

I grabbed some more myself. I'll be kicking the dose up here pretty soon.
Megadosing rocks. Need to hurry up and order my extra.

Lucky Bastard! LOL

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Big....wow man...just wow.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kleen, do you notice much of a difference between 12 and 15 caps of PRIME? Would it be cost-effective?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I couldn't bring myself to do it...
Good to know. What have you found your sweet spot to be? - I'll be bumping from 7/day to 9/day next week and then probably to 12 the following week and keep it there until the cycle is done.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This will be my first real mega dosing stack. I did go to higher levels like 12 last time and got great results, now I am trying to see what those higher doses can do. I have seen a lot of others get great results. Dream Weaver is farther along in his megadose schedule so I bet he could shed more light on the subject.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Catch up post

I didn't log my numbers from my workout with G, we just worked it hard and went for it. I found myself pretty high in rep range on several lifts and will go heavier on all exercises next time. My hammies were shot from dead lifting twice in a row then we hit romanian deads 325, squats 285x14 wm 185x20, oly curls were 95. pinwheels 50. We both had some great rest pause sets in our own rep ranges me being an old man and all. lol

Today was a good day, I introduced USP Labs OEP into my life and man I love the energy from this stuff. Thanks for tossing some my way USP Labs!!!!!
A great positive feeling comes with it, not an edgy feel like most things that pick you up like it does. I also started taking a serving of Anabolic Innovations Essentials with Joint complex. Has some goodies for the joints and soft tissue, tons of vitamins and aminos and Beta alinine. This along with my SuperCissus Rx should keep my tendonitis at bay.

Todays workout.

I am only listing the rest pause set

Incline DB Press - 90x15-5-2=22 going to 95
60lla 60 second stretch
Arnold Press - 70x4 shoulders were already toast from Incline DB. 60x8-2-0-drop 50x8
60 second stretch

Overhead cable tricep ext. 100x11-4-0 fail so dropped 80x2 will start with 90 next time to get higher reps for this exercise.
forgot to stretch

Rack Chins 45x11-4-2

Hammer Dorian Rows 3 plates per side 12-5-4
Hanging back stretch 60

I am definitely changing this up to alternate back movements between the push movements. My shoulder weights are tremendously low from being right after blasting chest presses. I have to fix that as my shoulders are a point of focus if I have one.
Just for fun guys I weighed myself 205 fasted training before starting. Of course some of the glycogen and water will fall off but I am sure I have added some muscle to my frame this week.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't log my numbers from my workout with G, we just worked it hard and went for it. I found myself pretty high in rep range on several lifts and will go heavier on all exercises next time. My hammies were shot from dead lifting twice in a row then we hit romanian deads 325, squats 285x14 wm 185x20, oly curls were 95. pinwheels 50. We both had some great rest pause sets in our own rep ranges me being an old man and all. lol

Today was a good day, I introduced USP Labs OEP into my life and man I love the energy from this stuff. Thanks for tossing some my way USP Labs!!!!!
A great positive feeling comes with it, not an edgy feel like most things that pick you up like it does. I also started taking a serving of Anabolic Innovations Essentials with Joint complex. Has some goodies for the joints and soft tissue, tons of vitamins and aminos and Beta alinine. This along with my SuperCissus Rx should keep my tendonitis at bay.

Todays workout.

I am only listing the rest pause set

Incline DB Press - 90x15-5-2=22 going to 95
60lla 60 second stretch
Arnold Press - 70x4 shoulders were already toast from Incline DB. 60x8-2-0-drop 50x8
60 second stretch

Overhead cable tricep ext. 100x11-4-0 fail so dropped 80x2 will start with 90 next time to get higher reps for this exercise.
forgot to stretch

Rack Chins 45x11-4-2

Hammer Dorian Rows 3 plates per side 12-5-4
Hanging back stretch 60

I am definitely changing this up to alternate back movements between the push movements. My shoulder weights are tremendously low from being right after blasting chest presses. I have to fix that as my shoulders are a point of focus if I have one.
Just for fun guys I weighed myself 205 fasted training before starting. Of course some of the glycogen and water will fall off but I am sure I have added some muscle to my frame this week.
Nice workout bro. The asteriod stack and essentials may have to be something I try soon.:)

orbitron3000

orbitron3000

Awards
  • Established
solid w/o, kleen. can't wait to start my own asteriod run.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice workout bro. The asteriod stack and essentials may have to be something I try soon.:)
Absolutely, with the strength and size increases of the Asteroid Stack it will be nice to know that my other general vitamin / mineral stuff is already on point. Add to that the joint complex and BA and it makes perfect sense of things to be put together, along with some SuperCissus Rx.

I am still laughing having to push the slide weight over to the 200 instead of 150, then 205. Gotta love it. :D

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Nice workout! How are you finding the DC stretches? The triceps and back stretch were my absolute favourites!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's the back stretch?

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Good to know. What have you found your sweet spot to be? - I'll be bumping from 7/day to 9/day next week and then probably to 12 the following week and keep it there until the cycle is done.
9 a Day is pretty noice..I feel training type and diet can strongly dictate what kind of effects you achieve at certain doses.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
9 a Day is pretty noice..I feel training type and diet can strongly dictate what kind of effects you achieve at certain doses.
Last time I took PRIME I did 6/9, but next week I plan on bumping to 9/day. Possibly a 9/12 schedule. :dunno: - We'll see. - My diet is hopefully what I need for muscle growth. Given Kleen's approval, I'll post it up here and have you guys tell me what you think.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice workout! How are you finding the DC stretches? The triceps and back stretch were my absolute favourites!
Man I love them. I am pretty flexible so the quad stretch takes some effort to get a good stretch but I love them. Triceps feel nice too, I am finding my weights I need to use. I didn't go heavy enough my first time.

What's the back stretch?
Hanging from chin up bar is what I did but I did not have straps so I just held on as long as I could. I am also thinking of doing it on a row machine for thickness. Putting chest plate way out so no way I can bottome out and load that bitch up and let it pull at me that way too.

You should be able to get kick ass effects at that dose.

Last time I took PRIME I did 6/9, but next week I plan on bumping to 9/day. Possibly a 9/12 schedule. :dunno: - We'll see. - My diet is hopefully what I need for muscle growth. Given Kleen's approval, I'll post it up here and have you guys tell me what you think.
Absolutely post up!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Absolutely post up!
Word. Here it is:

Training Days:

Pre-workout: 1sc Anadraulic State, 1x Glycobol, 3x PRIME, 7 sprays GHenerate, 2x I-GH-1

Intra-Workout: 20g BC+EAA

Meal 1 (post-workout): 1 heaping scoop Lipotropic Protein, 1/2 cup brown rice flour, 1sc Perfect Carb, 3 SLIN

Meal 2: 1/2 ham steak, 5 whole eggs, handfull of cheese, 2 slices Ezekiel bread w/honey, 1 medium grapefruit, 12oz skim milk, 1 NOW ADAM

Meal 3: 2 whole wheat wraps, each with 4oz low-sodium deli turkey and handful of spinach, 4g Fish oil, 1 NOW ADAM, 2x PRIME

Meal 4: 1hsc Lipotropic Protein, 4T Flaxseed meal, 1 banana

Meal 5: 9oz lean pork, 3/4c brown rice, mixed vegetables (green beans, corn, carrots), 1T EVOO, 4g Fish oil, 1 NOW ADAM

Meal 6: 9oz lean (93/7) ground beef, handful of cheese, handful of spinach, 1sc Dymatize Elite 12hr in 8oz milk, 4g Fish oil, 2x PRIME

Pre-bed: 7 sprays GHenerate, 3x I-GH-1, 1 Glycobol

...on OFF DAYS, the only difference is that Meals 1 and 2 are switched, and the shake has no carbs, only 4T flaxseed meal and the LP.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Word. Here it is:

Training Days:

Pre-workout: 1sc Anadraulic State, 1x Glycobol, 3x PRIME, 7 sprays GHenerate, 2x I-GH-1

Intra-Workout: 20g BC+EAA

Meal 1 (post-workout): 1 heaping scoop Lipotropic Protein, 1/2 cup brown rice flour, 1sc Perfect Carb, 3 SLIN

Meal 2: 1/2 ham steak, 5 whole eggs, handfull of cheese, 2 slices Ezekiel bread w/honey, 1 medium grapefruit, 12oz skim milk, 1 NOW ADAM

Meal 3: 2 whole wheat wraps, each with 4oz low-sodium deli turkey and handful of spinach, 4g Fish oil, 1 NOW ADAM, 2x PRIME

Meal 4: 1hsc Lipotropic Protein, 4T Flaxseed meal, 1 banana

Meal 5: 9oz lean pork, 3/4c brown rice, mixed vegetables (green beans, corn, carrots), 1T EVOO, 4g Fish oil, 1 NOW ADAM

Meal 6: 9oz lean (93/7) ground beef, handful of cheese, handful of spinach, 1sc Dymatize Elite 12hr in 8oz milk, 4g Fish oil, 2x PRIME

Pre-bed: 7 sprays GHenerate, 3x I-GH-1, 1 Glycobol

...on OFF DAYS, the only difference is that Meals 1 and 2 are switched, and the shake has no carbs, only 4T flaxseed meal and the LP.
Looks nice and clean but I don't know your weight or what caloric intake would be considered maintenance for you and what would be hyper-caloric. Let's start with your maintenance level and how many estimated cals this meal plan is for the day. We can go from there but the food selections look great.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks nice and clean but I don't know your weight or what caloric intake would be considered maintenance for you and what would be hyper-caloric. Let's start with your maintenance level and how many estimated cals this meal plan is for the day. We can go from there but the food selections look great.
I'm 5'8", 183-185lbs. About 9-10%bf probably.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm 5'8", 183-185lbs. About 9-10%bf probably.
How is the metabolism. My maintenence is low for my weight at like 2400-2500 cals. If you think yours is around there than maybe 3000-3500 a day for clean mass gain. Have 3500 on workout days about 3000 on non workout days and watch and see how things respond. Then you will know if you should lower or raise from there. I think after 2 weeks of that you should see some solid gains. Now if you have a higher metabolism then obviously you would want to go higher. If the goal is simply recomp I would stick with around 2500-3000 a day some days a little lower some a little higher and you should see killer results. IE ending up 183-185 around 7-8% It really just depends on the overall goal and what your normal caloric intake and expenditure is. One thing is for sure you can eat a little more on PRIME and still see the lypolitic capabilities of PRIME. I am surprised more an more at how many cals I can throw at it without getting negative results. As a ,atter of fact even though I will still be eating in the 3000-3500 range his week I expect to see some fluff fall off from this past weekend.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, and to add, it feels like I'm thickening up some. I can't tel if it's fat or muscle, but I do know I haven't done cardio for two weeks due to a cramped schedule with school and work. - I put my favorite jeans on earlier to go to the grocery store and talk about tight around the thighs/glutes! - Legs are always the first place I pack on muscle; fat goes straight to the gut.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It doesn't matter how much I eat. After midnight, it all turns into cock!!! :hump::yup:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pretty slow metabolism. My body seems to love fat. It's near impossible for me to get below 7-8%. This is about as lean as I've ever been: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/116407-irish-cannons-breakfast-28.html#post1870196

And I was working my ass off at that point. - Everything stays about that lean except for my gut.

I've definitely added size since then, but have more fat too.
Oh, and to add, it feels like I'm thickening up some. I can't tel if it's fat or muscle, but I do know I haven't done cardio for two weeks due to a cramped schedule with school and work. - I put my favorite jeans on earlier to go to the grocery store and talk about tight around the thighs/glutes! - Legs are always the first place I pack on muscle; fat goes straight to the gut.
IC, you looked great man! If you are only a few points away from that right now on bodyfat you must be looking quite thick and lean. Gread quads bro! Total package actually but your legs stand out. I bet you have thickened up some on PRIME and probably not much of it being fat. From the looks of it you are like me and your legs stay lean and ripped and you only carry fat on abdomen and lower back. So if you feel size there it is probably just that, size not fat. However the lack of cardio could have allowed for a little. Your diet looks pretty clean so I kind of doubt it, or at least by much. PRIME is on of those that you keep thinking it is working but aren't totally sure until one day BAM! You are swole and your muscle is dense like granite. I definitely notice that PRIME gives a level of muscle maturity to even beginning lifters which is almost unfair. LOL One thing I am learning is that I can go higher on calories but I have to keep my carbs consistently lower than others. While trying to do so. Bottom line for me, carbs make me hold fat and water if I eat more than I need and I don't need that much. As long as I eat at least 100-150 grams of carbs a day I am golden. I have great workouts and my body goes in and eats the glycogen only during the bouts of intense exercise but the rest of the day it knows to run on fat for it's main source of energy. So that 100-150 grams in only used for brain function and intense activity requiring immediate ATP. With some of the supps out there being so good at ATP replenishment without getting in extra carbs it all works synergistically. If I go over 200 grams a day I will start holding water and fat.

I do recommend cutting out the carbs in meal 5. Replace with some healthy fat choices instead. Keep the calories higher but try to get them from healthy fats. At your weight really I would start with 2750-3500, with the 3500 only being on work days and the rest of the days between 2750-3000. If you notice fat gain change the upper end to 3250, but keep the low point 2750 but more of those days than 3000 days. You are gonna have to feel some of it out to find your sweet spot.

It doesn't matter how much I eat. After midnight, it all turns into cock!!! :hump::yup:
What? lol
Wurd........:afro:
LOL!!! Too funny TG, no wonder I here you frequent the late night buffets!!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
this is definitely going into my signature... epic
I can see it now. Hey Baby, why don't we go to a late dinner and then catch the late show, it will be over by midnight. SCHWING!!!!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I can see it now. Hey Baby, why don't we go to a late dinner and then catch the late show, it will be over by midnight. SCHWING!!!!
and after it's over we can go carb up for tomorrow morning! :love:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 10 - Post Thanksgiving binge 205+ lbs!

Holy Crap am I waterlogged! How do you know when you have went buck wild on an eating binge? When you wake up Sunday and the thought of food makes you ill. I finally made myself eat real food about noon but before that it was shakes only. Then last night as we lay down to bed there is a commercial some type of non-stick brownie seperating pan. My wife is all like wow those brownies look so good. I bet they are so chocolaty in the middle. On and on, the whole time my stomach is flip flopping at the mere thought of anything else sugary entering my system. I may have thrown up a little in my mouth. LOL Well I weighed myself on Saturday morning as most of you know I was 205 and I kept eating and drinking dark beers with some buddies all day Saturday so you know I was up there moreso on Sunday.

This morning my 33's actually fit as they should instead of hanging loosely around my waist line. Errrrrr!(tires screeching) Hit the brakes! Of course I know that by Thursday I will have entered back into homeostasis and everything will fit as it should. I will also note the my thighs are swollen up and feel engorged. My arms and shoulders are ridiculously full, AND I can still see some abs through all the water and probably a little fat. I will not go over 3000 cals for the next 3-5 days while my body readjusts. This is still above maintenance for me but is not as aggresive as I have been.

Cardio Day, 45 minutes on treadmill level 15 on random for a total of 458 cals.
Abs in sauna, 3 sets of twist crunches to failure with a 20-30 second vacuum hold after each set.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
USP Labs O.E.P. update!!!

Well I used 1 cap of O.E.P. today for cardio. I was dripping sweat about 15 minutes into the cardio session. Unfortunately the sauna was just turned on and was only about 100-120 degrees, but by the time I finished up in there I was sweating like it was around 200 where it should have been. No part of my shirt or shorts had a dry spot. So far I really like the product. On top of really warming things up, it gives plenty of energy and a nice euphoric feeling, not that edgy crap most stims give you. As I sit here typing my hands are sweating a bit and I took this at 4:00AM and have not redosed yet. Will do so around 11:00.

I have not ventured into the 2 pill zone yet. Not that I don't feel I could handle it but that one is so effective at this point that 2 would probably be wasting it before I need to move up in dose. This is a very good sign!!!!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for all the help and encouragement, Kleen. I'll heed your advice. I may actually keep the carbs in Meal 5 and just kick the cardio up and see if I can get by with that, but I've been considering dropping them from the meal as well, but I'd like to take a different approach first. As you said, with PRIME it appears you may consume extra cals without a negative effect.

I weighed in at 188lbs today, and that was AFTER my fasted session. I was about 183lbs when I started PRIME. Strength was definitely up. I continue to have great workouts on my current stack. I really couldn't ask for better.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have not ventured into the 2 pill zone yet. Not that I don't feel I could handle it but that one is so effective at this point that 2 would probably be wasting it before I need to move up in dose. This is a very good sign!!!!
o, the fabled 2 cap zone... haha
It is a ride for sure!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think I will have to give this a shot.
Yeah that is still definitely megadosing considering at that dose you are equivalent to 12 a day of the older caps.

Thanks for all the help and encouragement, Kleen. I'll heed your advice. I may actually keep the carbs in Meal 5 and just kick the cardio up and see if I can get by with that, but I've been considering dropping them from the meal as well, but I'd like to take a different approach first. As you said, with PRIME it appears you may consume extra cals without a negative effect.

I weighed in at 188lbs today, and that was AFTER my fasted session. I was about 183lbs when I started PRIME. Strength was definitely up. I continue to have great workouts on my current stack. I really couldn't ask for better.
Man that is awesome! Sounds like you are solid bro. What you are doing appears to be working rather well for you. You can definitely keep the carbs in meal 5 during a bulk. My mind automatically goes into the way to stay the leanest possible even during bulking. I just have a propensity to get fat so it is always in the forefront of my mind. However if not putting on fat you could add some cals to see how high you can go gaining mass without putting on excess fat. PRIME really accells in that area.

It is a ride for sure!
Yeah, but I am not a Brahma Bull like you are Sir. I would be flying from room to room buzzing like a bee in a green house.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is a ride for sure!
I dabbled with 2 yesterday morning, going to have stagger the dose a bit to soften the impact!! 1 pill 7am and one 8am. This just for my Sunday moring workout. Most days I will just do 1 am and 1 pm..

When I get into my prep I may run 2 am for a while depending on how things go.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I dabbled with 2 yesterday morning, going to have stagger the dose a bit to soften the impact!! 1 pill 7am and one 8am. This just for my Sunday moring workout. Most days I will just do 1 am and 1 pm..

When I get into my prep I may run 2 am for a while depending on how things go.
Sounds about right to me.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sorry I've been MIA Kleen, ill catch up on your posts and be back on track in no time.

Got some OEP huh?:wiggle:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry I've been MIA Kleen, ill catch up on your posts and be back on track in no time.

Got some OEP huh?:wiggle:
Yeah, and I am loving it!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Side note

I have a pain in my azz! LOL Sorry, but really my gluteus medius/minimus or my insertion of my hamstring is kind of burning a little. Almost an electric feeling and almost a strain feeling. Really it feels like when you are stretching and you stretch too far. That is really what it feels like even though I am in a normal range of motion. However walking up hill on the treadmill this morning aggravated it further. I think I may have to nix the Stiff legged Deads for a bit to see if this helps. I could also have some inflamation around the nerves there but not sure. For now I will treat it as a pull and be very careful with it until the feeling subsides. As of right now I feel it a little everytime I move my right foot forward when it reaches the highest point in my walking stride.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have basically the same thing. I had to skip the last two sets of DB Lunges today and replace them with Leg Extensions (booorrrring).

Ice it. Heat it. Rinse, repeat, heal.

:)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good news kind of. We were working kicking combinations tonight and it held up fine yet my other hammy pulled a little then almost cramped. I drank this weekend so I am wondering if my muscles are low on electrolytes. Either way I am opting out of tomorrows hamstring work for some stretching and to give a little recovery time as I know now that my hammies are just beat up. I finished my old workout on deadlifts last saturday, then the way I set my blast up deads were in my first DC workout on Tuesday and hams were toasty. Then I did the romanian deads with Garrett on Thanksgiving. So basically I killed my hamstrings over the course of last week so tomorrow we stretch them out while the wife works hers out. I will just do squats for quads that will hit them as well and shouldn't push me over the edge.

As IC said I will also Ice it, Heat it, repeat, and recover.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Great log Kleen!

It is great to see someone of your caliber switching routines up.

Hey, how would you rate the stimulant effect of OEP?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a pain in my azz! LOL Sorry, but really my gluteus medius/minimus or my insertion of my hamstring is kind of burning a little. Almost an electric feeling and almost a strain feeling. Really it feels like when you are stretching and you stretch too far. That is really what it feels like even though I am in a normal range of motion. However walking up hill on the treadmill this morning aggravated it further. I think I may have to nix the Stiff legged Deads for a bit to see if this helps. I could also have some inflamation around the nerves there but not sure. For now I will treat it as a pull and be very careful with it until the feeling subsides. As of right now I feel it a little everytime I move my right foot forward when it reaches the highest point in my walking stride.
It's a real load on the hams and glutes when your doing say squats and sldl's. You get some ham and glute work from the quad exercise then turn around and hammer yourself with a tough compound exercise like sldl.. I find that my hamstrings are really taking a pounding. Then your cardio is very hamstring intensive at times. That's why I spend so much time stretching lately had my hamstring pop last summer... It didn't hurt much but it was kind of scary.

Oh and aren't you doing some deads to... if your doing sumo that will hammer the crap out of your hamstrings.