Kleen BLASTS OFF DC Style w/ Asteroid Stack at his back!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
208lbs and ripped great job.
I am not sure I still qualify as ripped. I am right at 10% by my estimation and it is all on my stomach and under my chest. However i am very pleased with my results. Almost done with review just need to put up after shots and link em into the post and I am done. Interestingly enough, my legs, and arms are leaner than they were last time I was at the body fat. I still have some vascularity in my thighs. At this point I think I unintentionally stopped the bulk right as my extremeties began to show signs of fat gain. Up until about a week ago I had not lost any vascularity in my arms. I guess in an ideal world that is the way it should go so I am happy I stuck with the higher calories instead of shying away when my stomach began to smooth.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am not sure I still qualify as ripped. I am right at 10% by my estimation and it is all on my stomach and under my chest. However i am very pleased with my results. Almost done with review just need to put up after shots and link em into the post and I am done. Interestingly enough, my legs, and arms are leaner than they were last time I was at the body fat. I still have some vascularity in my thighs. At this point I think I unintentionally stopped the bulk right as my extremeties began to show signs of fat gain. Up until about a week ago I had not lost any vascularity in my arms. I guess in an ideal world that is the way it should go so I am happy I stuck with the higher calories instead of shying away when my stomach began to smooth.
Wholly fug I just figured out your lean body mass is 187, are you fuggin kiding me... your only 5'8" !! What did you compete at last year 165 ??!!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Wholly fug I just figured out your lean body mass is 187, are you fuggin kiding me... your only 5'8" !! What did you compete at last year 165 ??!!
Kleen is a big dude who's been making incredible gains. I could have sworn you were taller than 5'8" when we hung out though bro.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am pretty amped about it. Hadn't done the math yet. I will be posting actual body fat on my next log since i will be begininning my slow decention in to cutsville. I will need to know so I know if I need to modify anything to maintain muscle mass.

I stepped on stage at 171 last year. I think with water loss and everything I will be somewhere around 180-185 stepping on stage. With the more carbs now I definitely have water sub-q and in the muscle that wont be there when i compete so I have to account for that as well.

Kleen is a big dude who's been making incredible gains. I could have sworn you were taller than 5'8" when we hung out though bro.
Thanks G! I am 5'8" and a little change but no much. I think like 5' 8 1/4"

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Final Review / Stats / Comments / Strength Gains / Pics

1/06/10 208 lbs
Total Gain 8.5 lbs

Estimated at about 3.5-4lbs muscle and 4.5-5 lbs fat gain. I am a a little bit smoother than the beginning, but I kept the fat and muscle gain as close as possible to each other. I did not want to get sloppy in the pursuit of mass, but stay semi tight so that my contest prep is an easy one and I am in shape weeks out from the show. I would estimate current bodyfat around 10% leaving me about 12-14 lbs of fat loss away from show weight. That is not counting water loss. I am very happy with this.

Here are some of the differences in strength. I had to do some different exercises through out for various reasons some of these are only 4 weeks worth of change. I had some other increases but they were not easy to apply the real difference to to reps and me changing rep ranges a few weeks into the Blast. My next DC Blast will be much easier to gauge and show strength increases accurately however you see weight and rep increase all over the place here.

Rack Chins
45x11-4-2 =17
60x15-5-3 =23 up 15 lbs and 6 reps did not get to finish last one would have went up further but had to replace the lift due to not having a spotter one day.

Hammer low Rows
135x9x6x3 =18
135x15-5-4 =24 up 6 reps!

Dorian Rows
135x9-3-3 =15
135x12-5-4 =21 up 6 reps

Preacher Curls
105x9-5-2 =16
115x10-3-2 =15 up 10 lbs and 1 rep on initial set.

Leg Extensions - these two were supplemented for a quad workout exactly 30 days apart.
190x12-8-3 =23
250x14-4-2 =20 A 60 lb increase!!!! Only 3reps less but 2 extra on initial set. NOW THAT IS A FRIGGING BIG JUMP for a 30 day period

Close Grip Bench -
205x13-3-1 = 17
225x12-4-2 =18 Up 20 lbs AND 2 reps

Squats
275x13
315x10 up 40 lbs -3 reps hamstring issues slowed these gains...

Hack Squats -
315x14
345x14 up 30 lbs

Hammer Strength Flat Bench
135x13-2-1 =16 total
145x12-3-1 =16
145x15-2-1 =18 Up 2, 3 up in initial reps

Hammer Strength Iso-lateral Pull Down
135x15-3-2 =20
150x15-3-2 =20 up 15 lbs

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press
90x10-2-1 =13
115x10-2-1 =13 +50 lbs

Hammer Strength Dip
270x14-4-2 =20
290x15-3-2 =20 + 20 lbs and 5 reps up on initial set 6 up total

Hammer Strength Rows
180x12-2-2 =16
180x15-3-3 =21 +3 reps initial up 5 total

I am frustrated at this level due to how the fat deposits under my chest make me look like I am holding more fat than I am. This is the bain of my existence.I can not stand this and it has been this way since before puberty. As a matter of fact it is the reason I picked up a weight in the first place. You will see that in the FDB pic below.

FDB - Abs look more prominent in mirror seems washed out, fat deposits under chest just have to go!

Front relaxed - Me standing totally relaxed.

Side relaxed - Standing totally relaxed to the side. Looking thick! You can still see the shadow of the abs here, meat hanging of the back of my arm there Yeah Buddy! Ready for my cut!

Semi Relaxed Abs - I have very flexible abs and I am only tightened up enough that my gut doesn't hang out. LOL Abs show better in mirror and wife said they look better than these pics show as well.

All in all I am more than pleased with the results from this stack. I assumed I would not be able to gain much more mass after the 8 lbs of LBM I had already gained in the 4 months prior. For me to continue gaining muscle at this point was a blessing. I thought my body must be ready to try to create a homeostasis and it may have been but we busted through what I though was definitely going to be a plateau for me.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man we have the almost the exact same problems with deposits... just means we have to get leaner!! Lots of time...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man we have the almost the exact same problems with deposits... just means we have to get leaner!! Lots of time...
Yep, kind of makes you go well I have to be at 5% max to have the fat from under my chest and lower back. Our loose skin doesn't help us much when we are a little heavier too. Automatically adds the appearance of extra fat even if not there. UGH! Oh well like you said we just have to get leaner and come in tighter. By the time the deposits are cleaned up my abs and obliques are shredded, and my legs just stay that way. Odd that looking at the smootheness here I still have complete seperation and some striations in my quads, not to mention some veins. I bet i can't pinch more than 5-6 mm on my thigh right now.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, kind of makes you go well I have to be at 5% max to have the fat from under my chest and lower back. Our loose skin doesn't help us much when we are a little heavier too. Automatically adds the appearance of extra fat even if not there. UGH! Oh well like you said we just have to get leaner and come in tighter. By the time the deposits are cleaned up my abs and obliques are shredded, and my legs just stay that way. Odd that looking at the smootheness here I still have complete seperation and some striations in my quads, not to mention some veins. I bet i can't pinch more than 5-6 mm on my thigh right now.
Yep you are so telling my story and I find it strangely reassuring as I look at what kind of shape you were at contest time.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep you are so telling my story and I find it strangely reassuring as I look at what kind of shape you were at contest time.
I still get surprised when I see older pics I havent looked at in a while. I have also just started watching my old posing vids to get me amped up for the prep. It is cool to look at yourself and be inspired by that. Really a neat feeling. It isn't I wish I could look like that guy. It is like hey that is me, I can do this!!!! Heck I think I can do it even better this time. :D

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Both you two inspire me to continue to train hard, not miss workout knowing that I can naturally reach my goals. Both of you guys are beasts and Kleen you may be a bit "softer" now but your lifts speak for what is under the sub-q water/fat. Start the shredding and join DW on the podium later this year.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Both you two inspire me to continue to train hard, not miss workout knowing that I can naturally reach my goals. Both of you guys are beasts and Kleen you may be a bit "softer" now but your lifts speak for what is under the sub-q water/fat. Start the shredding and join DW on the podium later this year.
Thanks Bro, I can't wait to see where I am at at the end of this next run. I will be cutting to maintain mass but 2 lbs of fat loss is going to go a VERY long way into gettin my abs popping again and i see that coming with in 2 weeks of starting my cut.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You have a plan man, stick to it and I am sure you will be shredded in no time. So I saw in another log you have a new workout scheme that GoHard is using, I might want to hear some more about that after your excellent HST recommendation. I would like something new and effective for my Natadrol run that will be followed by PCT and some Prime!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You have a plan man, stick to it and I am sure you will be shredded in no time. So I saw in another log you have a new workout scheme that GoHard is using, I might want to hear some more about that after your excellent HST recommendation. I would like something new and effective for my Natadrol run that will be followed by PCT and some Prime!
Right on man, I will send it to you soon too. I am trying to gather more people to use it to have more results with different body types and what not so I know what may need to be tweaked for different people. I just need to get the rest down on paper but time is constraining me. I know it will be done by Saturday because it is the workout I intend to use once I start my prep.

That stack sounds sick. If you had the cash the SWOLE Stack would be a great follow up for something needing a PCT. At 75 for a stack the deal can't be beat right now. The Swole Stack AND PRIME at the same time is one I want to try. Holy Crapcicles that would be INSANE!!!!!!!!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn bro! Lookin fuggin huge!! Nice work man!
:djparty:

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
Sweet Kleen!!! When I last read you were still inder 200. 208!!!! and the pics look great. You can see how the mass has increased over the course of the year. Great work bro!!!. Oh, and I am back now. Iraq is now a thing of the past. I got to the airport and met the wife and 7 kids about 2 hours ago. Had some "Alone time" with the wife, ate some chicken breasts, and sat here for an hour and got cought up. Again, thanks for the support while I was gone. Looking forward to tagging along with the guys here daily again.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome back Army! Many thanks for your efforts bubba. We are able to do this because of what guys like you do!!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're looking uber massive here bro. And your strength gains have simply been off the charts.

But do you consider your bodyfat level to be only 10% in those photos? I'm definitely not doubting you, it's just that in my pics below (which I hope you don't mind me posting here) everyone was telling me that I was at least 14% bodyfat in them. Now looking back, I don't really think so.

What is your opinion?

Attachments

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would not say 14% at all but I don't know what your legs look like, If I would definitely put you between 10-12%. You look like you share my plight under you chest which is VERY deceiving to onlookers, less than 1/4 a pound of fat on each side can make it look like you are a lot softer. I would have someone do a 7 point or a 3 point of chest abdomen and thigh and get that reading. Alot of the clubs use the sites that tend to have pockets just to make you want to buy training packages. They have only 1 formula in that measuring gun and that is what it is for so they say. That or the impedence things which are a complete joke. Do a measurement on that, then go drink water and have salt for a few hours and retest you will magically drop m5% bodyfat because you transmit electricity better.

I will measure body fat for my log starting Saturday and have it there to be tracked throughout my prep.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I still get surprised when I see older pics I havent looked at in a while. I have also just started watching my old posing vids to get me amped up for the prep. It is cool to look at yourself and be inspired by that. Really a neat feeling. It isn't I wish I could look like that guy. It is like hey that is me, I can do this!!!! Heck I think I can do it even better this time. :D
Of that I have no doubt whatsoever... ditto for me!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks fin I'm down with that!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sweet Kleen!!! When I last read you were still inder 200. 208!!!! and the pics look great. You can see how the mass has increased over the course of the year. Great work bro!!!. Oh, and I am back now. Iraq is now a thing of the past. I got to the airport and met the wife and 7 kids about 2 hours ago. Had some "Alone time" with the wife, ate some chicken breasts, and sat here for an hour and got cought up. Again, thanks for the support while I was gone. Looking forward to tagging along with the guys here daily again.
Welcome home!! I am very happy for you and your family!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're looking uber massive here bro. And your strength gains have simply been off the charts.

But do you consider your bodyfat level to be only 10% in those photos? I'm definitely not doubting you, it's just that in my pics below (which I hope you don't mind me posting here) everyone was telling me that I was at least 14% bodyfat in them. Now looking back, I don't really think so.

What is your opinion?
I remember those pics and I never thought 14 I thought around 12 was more the consensus. Anyhow you could be leaner even depending in the rest of the picture. You don't have the pockets of fat that I am Kleen do and your skin seems to be a bit tighter which will make you look leaner. Also your pics aren't relaxed like Kleens are. Another thing about Kleen is you see that he does not have much fat on this arms so his is more localized to one area...

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I remember those pics and I never thought 14 I thought around 12 was more the consensus. Anyhow you could be leaner even depending in the rest of the picture. You don't have the pockets of fat that I am Kleen do and your skin seems to be a bit tighter which will make you look leaner. Also your pics aren't relaxed like Kleens are. Another thing about Kleen is you see that he does not have much fat on this arms so his is more localized to one area...
Considering how tight that at least I thought my stomach looked here, I can't wait to get down to around 8% this year. Especially if I was 12 to 14% here. 8% will looked ripped to the bone on me!!!

I thought I looked sorta lean in this shot.

Attachments

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Considering how tight that at least I thought my stomach looked here, I can't wait to get down to around 8% this year. Especially if I was 12 to 14% here. 8% will looked ripped to the bone on me!!!

Yah I think you'll look better at 8 than I will, I'm like Kleen I don't start really looking great till around 6... pocket fat and loose skin are a biatch, we all have our crosses to bare...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn bro! Lookin fuggin huge!! Nice work man!
:djparty:
Gracias Sir!
Thanks, Congrats Bro, I was waiting for your triumphant return. Tell your family I said thank you for sacrificing so you could serve. So happy your back Bro!

I totally agree with DW here, your back looks great and lean, skin around core is tight and you look to have a very even distrbution of fat which is great. Much easier to gauge what you need to lose. I am a complete Apple, very insulin reactive / carb intolerant. When eating carbs I go hypoglycemic if I am not careful unless I have trained my body to run on lower carbs. My insulin spikes over anything which is why when I use nutrient partioners I still only stick with to complex carbs if trying stay lean. This bulk was the most carbs I have allowed myself to have all year. I do my best with nothing over 25% carb intake to be honest. I stay lean and still gain LBM so that is my deal from now on. This was fun but I don't want to bulk again. I got spoiled to the leaner look and I am going to stay there. If I gain 3-5 lbs a year from here on out it is fine with me. I am to the point now I am only worried with fine tuning. I would just be slowly growing as a side effect of good training and nutrition but not overall mass gain as a goal.

You do look lean in all the shots. like I said the legs could be the difference there between 10% and 12% with as lean as your back is if your legs are uncharacteristically lean then around 10, if even like everywhere else or no seperation in them then around 12%.

Yah I think you'll look better at 8 than I will, I'm like Kleen I don't start really looking great till around 6... pocket fat and loose skin are a biatch, we all have our crosses to bare...
Yeah the extra skin is frustrating, it hangs looser over the abs not clinging to the bricks until you are really lean. The pocket of fat under my chest is there until I hit 6% then you can begin to see the seperation under my pec but even at my leanest I didn't have the shredded look under the outside of my pecs. Was just enough there to smooth that line out, really took away from my Side chest shot making my lower pec look less developed. So I am gonna have to hit 3.5% if I want it all gone. Not too sure I am that worried about it. May have enough muscle to stretch that fat out some more this time around.

DW you were talking about confidence in the skin coming together, look in this video of me pumping up before posing practice last year. Now I was lean as all get out then but you can see the skin fold over my shorts. However it was paper thin here and was not very noticeable at all on show day because of how much more dry I was. Too bad I was also a flat. Lesson learned though.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avSnNWR--k0"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah the shorts are cutting into you at bit though, we have ways of dealing with that. It's always there, we just have to know how to hide it... I the exact same issues.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's another important thing to consider, your way ahead of where you were last year at this time cocerning leanness and you will have extra time to get tighter and more thin skinned. The faster you lose the looser your going to get.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I am pretty excited, improvements in physique, and posing are going to be key for this competition. If I can get in same condition leading up to the show and I get the peak week right I am going to be very hard to beat. Aesthetically I have a leg up on a lot of guys because I am lucky to have good lines naturally. Broad shoulders, big rib cage, tiny joints, and the fact I actually don't have a waist makes it look like my lats almost go to my hips which are also luckily narrow. Like I said I am starting posing early this year. I will have 5 months practice there so I hope to be extremely good by then.

As far as pace of weight loss, I expect to lose some weight quickly at first due to going back lower carbs, glycogen and water go quick then once that levels off I will be slow and steady all the way to the show. I think I will be close to competition ready by no later than mid April leaving me an extra month to tighten the skin up a bit. I have my vitamin E oil at home ready and waiting and will be making my transdermal solution again when i break from OEP.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
very detailed log and final review. Bro you tore it up. I consider 10% bf to be very good damn I wonder what the % of people in this contry have that BF I am sure I would not have to go past my fingers to get that number.:)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
very detailed log and final review. Bro you tore it up. I consider 10% bf to be very good damn I wonder what the % of people in this contry have that BF I am sure I would not have to go past my fingers to get that number.:)
Thanks, I do too. However aesthetically I need to be around 6-7 to look as good as I want to stay looking. Looser skin and what not doesn't tighten up until then for some reason. Even at 6-7% I look like I am about 8-9% on your average person with tight skin and all.

Not complaining too much, I love the way I look when I am lean, which is why I am choosing form over size from now on after this show. I pretty much have enough size now, and can gain muscle here and there without ever really going over 7 with all the good natty supps out right now. My goals after the show will be to put on a pound or soof muscle during each stack while not gain any fat. Lofty eh?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
nice log bro. I am the same way contest time I learned that my first competition last year, as I am still a beginner, that the off season is the time to add the mass and if you add it right in the off season you can solely focus on conditioning come contest time

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I do too. However aesthetically I need to be around 6-7 to look as good as I want to stay looking. Looser skin and what not doesn't tighten up until then for some reason. Even at 6-7% I look like I am about 8-9% on your average person with tight skin and all.

Not complaining too much, I love the way I look when I am lean, which is why I am choosing form over size from now on after this show. I pretty much have enough size now, and can gain muscle here and there without ever really going over 7 with all the good natty supps out right now. My goals after the show will be to put on a pound or soof muscle during each stack while not gain any fat. Lofty eh?
Do you notice a large increase in muscle after dieting down for a show?(meaning after you get done with the show and resume normal food intake)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do you notice a large increase in muscle after dieting down for a show?(meaning after you get done with the show and resume normal food intake)
Yes definitely, your muscles super compensate for all the time they have spent in the red. Unfortunately I was not able to maintain it last year due to stopping lifting because of the case of tendonitis I had leading up to the show. However I think some of it would have come down a bit anyway just because the body wants to go back to a homeostasis and can not hold on to the extra glycogen and what not permanently. You gain size and strength very quickly then you return to "almost" normal. However the new muscle you actually built from being stronger sticks around just not the extra volume. The super compensation fills your muscle so full that they get a lot more nutrition and the muscle starts repairing so you get a growth spurt to take advantage of and that new muscle sticks around after the supercompensation of glycogen begins to go back to normal levels. IE there is a very anabolic period right afterward that can be used for new growth, but you will probably not keep all of the weight you put back on after show.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
Hey Kleen what dosage of OEP are you running? Did you change up or keep where you started? Also, would you run it for contest prep?
TG those pics look great man. When are you going to start dropping to single digits??

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yah I would never have considered an off season of under 12% but modern supplementation has changed all the rules now I am thinking 8 is feasble off season.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TG those pics look great man. When are you going to start dropping to single digits??
The drop has begun!!! Now that the holiday festivities are over and out of the way, it's back to tuna and chicken. Yum-yum, I'm gonna get me some.
I will drop the weight and the bodyfat very slowly. I think this is safer and also easier to maintain.
So it's back to my beloved carb-cycling again. 5 days of very low carbs, and then carb-up slightly on the weekends. It works for me.:laugh:
But I have NO aspirations to compete or anything like that. This is just a hobby of mine for the last 27 of my 46 years.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The drop has begun!!! Now that the holiday festivities are over and out of the way, it's back to tuna and chicken. Yum-yum, I'm gonna get me some.
I will drop the weight and the bodyfat very slowly. I think this is safer and also easier to maintain.
So it's back to my beloved carb-cycling again. 5 days of very low carbs, and then carb-up slightly on the weekends. It works for me.:laugh:
But I have NO aspirations to compete or anything like that. This is just a hobby of mine for the last 27 of my 46 years.
Slower is beter, especially if there is no deadline... That is the nicest protocol to follow to maintain a semi-normal lifestyle.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Slower is beter, especially if there is no deadline... That is the nicest protocol to follow to maintain a semi-normal lifestyle.
Like TG, I too don't compete and that diet schematic allows me to keep a balance. Results come slower that way but the challenge (and fun) is in the journey so I don't fret too much about it. And like you said DW, with the modern and novel supps we have now it is much easier to maintain with less than perfect dieting.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like TG, I too don't compete and that diet schematic allows me to keep a balance. Results come slower that way but the challenge (and fun) is in the journey so I don't fret too much about it. And like you said DW, with the modern and novel supps we have now it is much easier to maintain with less than perfect dieting.
Yah.. I've been getting away with ****e I never could have years ago. A lot of my supplementation is more for the convenience of not having to live a restricted lifestyle.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, I didn't mention my full body weight session in here yesterday. My shoulder is still tweaked, well I should say I tweaked it a little yesterday. I was going to do incline bb press and the angle was exactly the one that causes an issue. As I lowered the bar and got close to clavical I hit a spot that just tweaked it. If my elbows are in closer i don't have this problem so my workout will be shaped around this for the next month to allow for some weight to be moved just not in that specific range of motion. Let it heal up. That is where experience comes in, knowing how to work around this stuff. The workout was less taxing than the first one already conditioning started improving.
I will start up my new log tomorrow or later today and link it up in here as well as in the list of logs located at the URL in my signature.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah TG, slow and easy wins the race. On your weekend refeeds, I have noticed if i go over 36 hours of carb loading I hit the bloat zone. Many people I have helped with their diets seem to notice this as well. Do you limit the amount or what meals you carb up on? Are you as lean now as in these pics or are you starting from

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah TG, slow and easy wins the race. On your weekend refeeds, I have noticed if i go over 36 hours of carb loading I hit the bloat zone. Many people I have helped with their diets seem to notice this as well. Do you limit the amount or what meals you carb up on? Are you as lean now as in these pics or are you starting from
When I did that protocol I started about 5PM Firday night and it would end at around 9pm Saturday. Sunday was back to business...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice so about 29 hours is your window. Did you come to that window size via trial and error or someones suggestion?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice so about 29 hours is your window. Did you come to that window size via trial and error or someones suggestion?
No by accident, I like to cheat on Friday and Saturday nights... lifestyle. I tried to hold it so a mnimum and use wiser choices.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very Cool!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Kleen, my only suggestion to your shoulder injury is to perhaps stay away from barbells for a while and just use dumbbells as it allows for more free range of motion. When i injured my shoulder in october that was what allowed me to continue to train heavy without pain. But please note that i am not a doctor and i'm only suggesting something that worked for me.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Kleen, my only suggestion to your shoulder injury is to perhaps stay away from barbells for a while and just use dumbbells as it allows for more free range of motion. When i injured my shoulder in october that was what allowed me to continue to train heavy without pain. But please note that i am not a doctor and i'm only suggesting something that worked for me.
No you are absolutely right. That is what I do when my shoulder is messing up. I stick with dumbels, cables and some machines. It is right in the cup up my shoulder you know when you put your arm out to the side how the heads of the delts and the end of the trap make a cup, it is right there on the tip of the medial delt. No soreness, no pain except when it tweaks. That is the best way I can describe it, it is instant sharp and gone, and only in one range of motion. I am going to concentrate on hitting them from some different angles with dumbbells, and some machines, but yeah the barbell is out of the equation for shoulders right now.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, I didn't mention my full body weight session in here yesterday. My shoulder is still tweaked, well I should say I tweaked it a little yesterday. I was going to do incline bb press and the angle was exactly the one that causes an issue. As I lowered the bar and got close to clavical I hit a spot that just tweaked it. If my elbows are in closer i don't have this problem so my workout will be shaped around this for the next month to allow for some weight to be moved just not in that specific range of motion. Let it heal up. That is where experience comes in, knowing how to work around this stuff. The workout was less taxing than the first one already conditioning started improving.
what kind of rep range have you been using?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah I have had to do this a lot since my injury 19 months now and my shoulder is still only 90% ...