Kleen BLASTS OFF DC Style w/ Asteroid Stack at his back!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Excellent, I am subbed looks great!

haha im glad to see your still progressing like an animal

Happy New year bro!
Back at ya! Looking good over in your log my man!

I agree he is giving it hell.

Is there any other way? ;)
Soldier on, keep the Warrior Spirit alive and well!
As my daughter just started saying recently... BOO-YAHHHHH!!!!!

Picture this we are watching a movie eating on the couch and it was something messy. My daughter finished and says, "Look Daddy I didn't even make a mess... BOO-YAHHHH!!!!" She did the hands out motion and everything. I almost fell over laughing when she did that.

I am gonna be hitting up the gym shortly for an upper body DC. I only have a week left on this run but it is also time for a short cruise after this workout. My shoulder is sore my hips are tight and I have been smashing this body of mine for about 10-12 very hard weeks. Next week I will be doing some higher rep work maybe in a circuit to get me ready for entering back into my full body workouts. I will be starting another log running Axis labs HyperTest and Hemodraulix this coming Saturday. I will link up in here for those who want to follow along.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very interested in the Hypertest results.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't wait to have a kid of my own one day. You are a lucky man Kleen (you too AZ shhh). Psyched for your next log and not because I am rep but because you do amazing logs and I will them regardless of what you are logging. I can only imagine how you will be progressing. Keep killn it bro! I know you will

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep it up Mrkleen terminator salvation is a good one. kill Malone or something like that is good as well

My brother is awesome at technical stuff and hooked a computer up to our big screen so i can watch movies on the big screen from the internet. it is awesome and saves $$ and get the newest ones

One I heard is awesome in the theater is avatar

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep it up Mrkleen terminator salvation is a good one. kill Malone or something like that is good as well

My brother is awesome at technical stuff and hooked a computer up to our big screen so i can watch movies on the big screen from the internet. it is awesome and saves $$ and get the newest ones

I watch new releases for free on a site called watchmovies.net
If you haven't checked them out, give them a try. :type:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Days 42 & 43 Yesterdays workout and general update

Man

H.S. Decline Bench 13-20 last 160x17, 245x15-4-2 =21 Had about 3 guys just start on the only HS Decline so I went with decline bb bench. I expected 245 to be kind of heavy since I was not used to the movement. Boy was I surprised when I hit 15 reps before stopping. I don't know if we can call it better than before but we can call the 245x15 on its own a PR!!!!

I got 80s on the strtch this workout and man @ about 35 seconds I had an epiphany that 75s were stretching me just fine.... by 56 seconds I was begging for 60 to roll around yet each second seems to slow in it's passing. LOL

N.G. Pull Ups 13-20 rp last 220x18, 232x7-2 =9 I stopped, spot in shoulder was hurting. My intention here was to go up 5 lbs by using a 35 instead of 20, however adding what I have gained to the mix was a 12 lb addition and I forgot about it.

Push Press 13-20 rp last 165x17 NA I Tried to warm up but same spot in shoulder let me know today was not a day for overhead movements.
DB Upright Row SS 50x10, 55x8

Close Grip Bench 13-20 last 205x16, 225x12-4-2 =18 Up 20 lbs AND 2 reps

Dorian Rows 6-9 & 9-12 ss last 135x15, 90x15, 90x15 =30, I started working my way up and felt a tweak in the shoulder again decided to work high reps with a nice squeeze rathewr than take a chance at hurting myself.

Well all in all the workout was very frustrating. I do have to say I am very pleased with the bench portions of the workout but that is where it ends. I pulled or inflamed something on the top of my shoulder doing those uprights the other day. I am not concerned about it yet, feels it will heal with a little recovery time. I think this next week of easy lifting will give it a chance at healing before I go back at it. My hips are also pretty tight from the addition of sumo leg press. I can work around them and could push through and probably be fine it is just a matter of the hips getting conditioned to that movement. So I will be doing some stretching this week too. I will still complete my last weeks dosing of the Asteroid Stack and let it put on some muscle during the recovery. That and the CellMend in PRIME really helps with recovery so much it is invaluable when your in need of extra recovery. I think I may even see some growth with the recovery catching up and surpassing the damage.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very interested in the Hypertest results.
Yeah, I think it should be a fun ride. With everything I have heard about the Hemo that will be an awesome add too.

I can't wait to have a kid of my own one day. You are a lucky man Kleen (you too AZ shhh). Psyched for your next log and not because I am rep but because you do amazing logs and I will them regardless of what you are logging. I can only imagine how you will be progressing. Keep killn it bro! I know you will
Thanks, I love being a Dad. She has been in here 3 times for a snuggle and smooch while I have been updating this. Thanks for the compliments on the logs. The really help me do what I need to do because I have to write it all down. If doing a true log I have to own up to my inadequacies and admit when I am doing something detrimental to my own progress. Helps keep me in check and makes the log more personal and enjoyable for me to do. I am expecting some great things. Hopefully a little bit of recomp and definitely will be seeing some cuts back by the end of it.

Yeah, I want to see that on in the theater it looks awesome.

I watch new releases for free on a site called watchmovies.net
If you haven't checked them out, give them a try. :type:
I may have to check that out some day. I have the Hometheater edition of Vista so I can hook it up to the tv if I got off my azz.

Oh, another thing I forgot to mention in my post above. My gym changed from being 24 hours to closing from 12:00Am-5:00AM, now I have to be at the gym on the workout floor by 4:45AM or I can't get my workout in. So today I have to go by 24 Hour Fitness and see what deals they are running so I can continue to workout. Nice of them to let us know ahead of time eh. Put up the notices this weekend so 50 people who didn't workout this weekend will go in before 5AM tomorrow and see the gym is closed. WOW!!! Customer service at its best eh?

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Nice workout! Glad to see your getting the most out of your workouts, while battling an injury.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Heading up for my first cardio session at the new gym. Will post up how it went shortly. I have not done cardio in a little while so lets see how the lungs are. LOL I am sure they are fine.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hope that injury clears up quick.
Thanks, honestly it already feels a little better today. I think I just tweaked an insertion point and when it is pulled at that certain angle it tweaked at it says Ouch! Today it already feels better and I may do some very light rotator cuff work before or after cardio to tighten up the joint however this does not feel like the joint but a medial delt tie in. Thanks for the well wishes!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks, honestly it already feels a little better today. I think I just tweaked an insertion point and when it is pulled at that certain angle it tweaked at it says Ouch! Today it already feels better and I may do some very light rotator cuff work before or after cardio to tighten up the joint however this does not feel like the joint but a medial delt tie in. Thanks for the well wishes!
Sound good bro. You do such great detailed logs that help people who follow them that I would hate to see a injury push you back.:)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sound good bro. You do such great detailed logs that help people who follow them that I would hate to see a injury push you back.:)
Yah he's been really pigging out on the increases so you just got to hope nothing goes amiss. It's a fine like between intense and intensly stupid, seems I've stumbled over that one more than once. I will get so wrapped up in the carnage that I forget I am made of flesh and bone...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yah he's been really pigging out on the increases so you just got to hope nothing goes amiss. It's a fine like between intense and intensly stupid, seems I've stumbled over that one more than once. I will get so wrapped up in the carnage that I forget I am made of flesh and bone...
Yeah, I pigged out on the increases! Its okay though, my shoulder feels better today. I have just gotten to the point now when I feel something that isn't a normal pain I stop aggravating it. It typically heals pretty good. I also think I may have slept on it wrong impinging the area and the lift just tweaked it. I am still having an issue with my gluteus medius or minimus though. I felt it walking the tread mill today. Walking the incline really gets me in that area. It gives a nice burn to the muscle, that is what I get going heavy on leg abductors.

As far as cardio, I biked for 15 minutes then walked for 45 burning a little over 450 cals all together.

Concerns regarding new gym, 1 squat rack, 1 cage, and 1 smith machine.... yowza's that is gong to be a busy area! I am really hoping we don't already have too many morning workout people hitting the weights over there. The weight area at my current/old gym actually has more equipment 3 smiths two squat racks and a cage. I may hold on to my membership at the other gym if I can get away with it with the wife. Go there on occasions. That and when I get my training going I will still need a membership there.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about the gym troubles!!! I love my gym....3 cages, 2 smith machines, 3 leg presses and countless other pieces of sweet equipment. Plus Dumbbells up to 160! Perhaps you could find a time that it's slow that works for you so you don't have to wait.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear about the gym troubles!!! I love my gym....3 cages, 2 smith machines, 3 leg presses and countless other pieces of sweet equipment. Plus Dumbbells up to 160! Perhaps you could find a time that it's slow that works for you so you don't have to wait.
Would be great if I didn't already go at 4:30 AM. I am just hoping the gym is not very crowded in the AM. I will find a way to work around it though. Yeah I was unhappy to see the dumbells only went to 125 at the other gym. I did not even count leg press stations I may be very sad tomorrow.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Would be great if I didn't already go at 4:30 AM. I am just hoping the gym is not very crowded in the AM. I will find a way to work around it though. Yeah I was unhappy to see the dumbells only went to 125 at the other gym. I did not even count leg press stations I may be very sad tomorrow.
who the eff goes to the gym at 4:30 in the AM?????? thats my bedtime.

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
You're going to 24 Hour Fitness now right? That's where I'm going now and that's what sucks about them - mine has one squat rack, one cage, and two smith machines. Thankfully most people that are there when I go (around 10:30-11:00am) don't use the rack or cage so I rarely have to wait for one.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
who the eff goes to the gym at 4:30 in the AM?????? thats my bedtime.
That is why I am there then. Everyone else isn't, well that and if I don't get it out of the way then something will for sure come up in the evening with work or one of the kids, or my wife needing something. Just better for us to get it out of the way before anything else even gets started. Honestly the alarm going off at 4:00AM doesn't suck any worse than when it goes off at 6:00m or 8:00 for that matter. If the alarm wakes you up it sucks no matter what time it is because you weren't done sleeping. It doesn't change how much it sucks due to time just that an outside source is waking you up and that sucks. The time is of no consequence.

You're going to 24 Hour Fitness now right? That's where I'm going now and that's what sucks about them - mine has one squat rack, one cage, and two smith machines. Thankfully most people that are there when I go (around 10:30-11:00am) don't use the rack or cage so I rarely have to wait for one.
Yeah 24Hour. I am afraid that all the other guys from my old gym will head over there too then who knows. Seems most people who go in the AM are either cardio only or more hardcore like me. Just hoping not too many on the hardcore side. LOL

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
that is still some crazy dedication there man. props.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
haha me and my dad went to the gym at all funky hours back when i first started lifting. We would lift anywhere between 12 am and 5 am. I loved those days b/c most of the time the gym would be nice and empty. Haha you can say he has nurtured my go hard attitude my entire life.

Keep tearin it up!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am up between 5 and 5:30 am whether I like it or not so I use that time for cardio, have an eliptical in my living room!! Was a master stroke convincing the wife, "Look honey it matches the furniture"... hehe

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I pigged out on the increases! Its okay though, my shoulder feels better today. I have just gotten to the point now when I feel something that isn't a normal pain I stop aggravating it. It typically heals pretty good. I also think I may have slept on it wrong impinging the area and the lift just tweaked it. I am still having an issue with my gluteus medius or minimus though. I felt it walking the tread mill today. Walking the incline really gets me in that area. It gives a nice burn to the muscle, that is what I get going heavy on leg abductors.
I feel ya on the shoulder stuff here bro. I believe that sleeping on my sides (just can't sleep on my back) puts lots of stress on my shoulders. I believe this causes more pain and discomfort than heavy lifting has ever caused.
I'me very adamant about doing my rotator cuff exercises. I do them before every workout except Leg Day. It really helps.

I'm also still dealing with a right side gluteus medius strain. I've been dealing with it for about a year now it seems. It may be here to stay. I just warm the area up really well and concentrate on adequate stretching and hydration.

You're tearing this DC stuff straight up bro. This is one Helluva log!! Informative and entertaining at the same time.

Keep slammin' dat cold hard steel my warrior-brother!!! :duel:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
that is still some crazy dedication there man. props.
Thanks Bro!
haha me and my dad went to the gym at all funky hours back when i first started lifting. We would lift anywhere between 12 am and 5 am. I loved those days b/c most of the time the gym would be nice and empty. Haha you can say he has nurtured my go hard attitude my entire life.

Keep tearin it up!
Always! Yeah it is nice to have the gym more to yourself. There was some guy working a circuit near where I was working and a guy came up to use the machine. The other guy comes over from a machine ACROSS the gym and says hey I am using this station. He proceeds to tell the guy that maybe he can work in with him. I laughed and said loudly good thing that isn't me you would have to come ask me if you could work in. You walk away the machine isn't yours unless you leave a towel or something there when on your way to the restroom or something.
My thoughts on that are this...You wanna work a circuit uninterupted I suggest you do it at home or in ONE station like a power rack with the dumbells and what not you need already gathered but you don't get to hold equipment hostage while you do the rest of your circuit.

I am up between 5 and 5:30 am whether I like it or not so I use that time for cardio, have an eliptical in my living room!! Was a master stroke convincing the wife, "Look honey it matches the furniture"... hehe
AMEN! I have an elliptical in my living room too but then something started happening when on it. My feet started falling asleep, well the bottoms of them would kind of feel like they are. So I don't use it as often. I think it is just I need a good pair of cross trainers not running shoes.

I feel ya on the shoulder stuff here bro. I believe that sleeping on my sides (just can't sleep on my back) puts lots of stress on my shoulders. I believe this causes more pain and discomfort than heavy lifting has ever caused.
I'me very adamant about doing my rotator cuff exercises. I do them before every workout except Leg Day. It really helps.

I'm also still dealing with a right side gluteus medius strain. I've been dealing with it for about a year now it seems. It may be here to stay. I just warm the area up really well and concentrate on adequate stretching and hydration.

You're tearing this DC stuff straight up bro. This is one Helluva log!! Informative and entertaining at the same time.

Keep slammin' dat cold hard steel my warrior-brother!!! :duel:
You know I will! I am going back to my normal training after this as it helps me not only grow but to lean out as well. I will definitely hit up another DC Blast but after my competition I think.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AMEN! I have an elliptical in my living room too but then something started happening when on it. My feet started falling asleep, well the bottoms of them would kind of feel like they are. So I don't use it as often. I think it is just I need a good pair of cross trainers not running shoes.
No the elliptical will do this, I just move my toes...

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now that is a gym!!!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Ya, it's two floors and it definitely keeps people from waiting for equipment.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
My gym has three cable stations, 8 racks, a floor for cardio, 2 platforms and 2 sets of dumbbells that go up to 130 and it is still packed almost all the time.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No the elliptical will do this, I just move my toes...
Yeah I do that too, but for some reason my feet didn't used to fall asleep, I used to wear crosstrainers too so I thought it may be the shoes.

Yeah all of your gyms seem like my old one, well except for the 2 sets of DB gym DANG! PS I am keeping my membership there but cancelling my wife and sons. Which is cool cuz my homeboy I like to work out with sometimes probably wont be moving with me to the new gym. I also understand the 24Hour about 2 miles farther away has an azzload of weights and equipment like double what this one has so i will go there on Saturdays I think. I am loving the coed sauna and steam room. The wife and I can be on the same sauna schedule at the other gym we would want to go but they were in thelocker rooms and without fail hers would be working and mine not or visa versa.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 45 - Return of the Full Body workout.

1/5/10

Today is my first day of a cruise type of situation. I did 1 warm up and 2 work sets at 15 reps for compound moements and then for arms I did just the 2 work sets as arms were already warm. Here is how it went down. Weights were lifted in nice smooth controlled manner not slowwwww, but controlled, IE... no explosiveness.

Shoulder warm up, about 5 minutes of going through various ranges of motion with a 10 lb weight, then a few sets of 10 on some rotator cuff work.

Barbell Bench - 135x15, 185x15, 205x15 last set actually almost had me really pushing to finish it. Almost.... Funny how a few sets of 15 at a controlled pace can peter out muscles a bit when not used to higher reps. Could have easily gone to 15 with 225 but I am supposed to be taking it eay. Man that is hard to do.

Hammer Iso Row 70x15, 100x15, 100x15, this is the older model of the Hammer Iso row and it felt different in some ways. Nice movement and seems I was getting a better range of motion. Could just be from me lmiting my weight but I don't think so.

Hammer MST Shoulder Press, 60x15, 95x15, 105x15, feel I needed to go up even for light weight on this one. Weights are per side.

DB Drag Curls- I may have made this one up today... LOL
25x15, 32.5x15 I kep my elbows pretty far back and then just pulled my elbows back farther and a little up with each contraction. I found I got much better range of motion with this as the depth my elbows were going behind my back was much greater due to not having a bar to stop me. I seem to have found the PERFECT biceps contraction. A few of the reps were just so perfect it was a delicious feeling as I reached peak contraction.

Dips - 1 warm up set BW-40x15,2 sets BWx15
This was not a challenge but I do have to try to work my way back in to actual dips to see if my sternum can handle it or not.

Squats - 135x15, 225x15, 245x15 Holy Hell, my hips are tight. My hips on the front by the socket, it is definitely muscle soreness and stiffness I am feeling. Man I was unhappy just lowering myself with 135 on the bar, by the time I finished with the first set they loosened up a bit so I hit 225 and although I could still feel the tightness it was feeling better so I went up a little more on 3rd set.

All in all this workout was about the pump and active recovery. At no point did I strain during the workout, reps got harder but never caused me to strain to complete a rep. I was simply trying to pump the muscles up, get the nutrients in them, get them hungry enough to make good use of the nutrients in my system and what I would be feeding it afterwards. Prime 'em for the feed so to speak.

I will say that even with a lower intensity, I really felt how much more demanding the full body workout was on me today. Good thing I am using this time to break me into it before smashing it next week.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Nice Workout!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
I totally agree with you that backing off is very tough to do when all you really know is full speed ahead.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I totally agree with you that backing off is very tough to do when all you really know is full speed ahead.
Now that I am older, I don't seem to mind :thinking:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with you on the high rep sets. I just did a routine where I did 3 sets of 20 with a minute rest between them. I was more sore from that then I have been in a long time. I am cruising myself this week and then begining another DC blast for 6 weeks. I will then cruise again and try a couple weeks of that high rep routine to see where that gets me.

I like the drag curls with the DBs. I also feel like I don't get a great contraction when using the BB. I will incorporate that movement into this coming blast.

Question: Do bench dips aggravate your sternum?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ah sh1t! DB drag curls!! Genius!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1/5/10

Today is my first day of a cruise type of situation. I did 1 warm up and 2 work sets at 15 reps for compound moements and then for arms I did just the 2 work sets as arms were already warm. Here is how it went down. Weights were lifted in nice smooth controlled manner not slowwwww, but controlled, IE... no explosiveness.

Shoulder warm up, about 5 minutes of going through various ranges of motion with a 10 lb weight, then a few sets of 10 on some rotator cuff work.

Barbell Bench - 135x15, 185x15, 205x15 last set actually almost had me really pushing to finish it. Almost.... Funny how a few sets of 15 at a controlled pace can peter out muscles a bit when not used to higher reps. Could have easily gone to 15 with 225 but I am supposed to be taking it eay. Man that is hard to do.

Hammer Iso Row 70x15, 100x15, 100x15, this is the older model of the Hammer Iso row and it felt different in some ways. Nice movement and seems I was getting a better range of motion. Could just be from me lmiting my weight but I don't think so.

Hammer MST Shoulder Press, 60x15, 95x15, 105x15, feel I needed to go up even for light weight on this one. Weights are per side.

DB Drag Curls- I may have made this one up today... LOL
25x15, 32.5x15 I kep my elbows pretty far back and then just pulled my elbows back farther and a little up with each contraction. I found I got much better range of motion with this as the depth my elbows were going behind my back was much greater due to not having a bar to stop me. I seem to have found the PERFECT biceps contraction. A few of the reps were just so perfect it was a delicious feeling as I reached peak contraction.

Dips - 1 warm up set BW-40x15,2 sets BWx15
This was not a challenge but I do have to try to work my way back in to actual dips to see if my sternum can handle it or not.

Squats - 135x15, 225x15, 245x15 Holy Hell, my hips are tight. My hips on the front by the socket, it is definitely muscle soreness and stiffness I am feeling. Man I was unhappy just lowering myself with 135 on the bar, by the time I finished with the first set they loosened up a bit so I hit 225 and although I could still feel the tightness it was feeling better so I went up a little more on 3rd set.

All in all this workout was about the pump and active recovery. At no point did I strain during the workout, reps got harder but never caused me to strain to complete a rep. I was simply trying to pump the muscles up, get the nutrients in them, get them hungry enough to make good use of the nutrients in my system and what I would be feeding it afterwards. Prime 'em for the feed so to speak.

I will say that even with a lower intensity, I really felt how much more demanding the full body workout was on me today. Good thing I am using this time to break me into it before smashing it next week.
You know based on this I can just go straight into HST from DC training as the first week is exactly as you described...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Now that I am older, I don't seem to mind :thinking:
I don't mind it anymore but I still WANT to push it when I am there. I find that I am constantly reminding myself not to go all out. I have learned a lot about personal limits the past year or two since my age caught up with my joints a little.

Kleen, I'd thought I'd post this in here for anyone interested in a in depth description of DC training.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/142908-dc-training-beginners.html#post2260715
Nice! That will be great for anyone who wants to learn.

I agree with you on the high rep sets. I just did a routine where I did 3 sets of 20 with a minute rest between them. I was more sore from that then I have been in a long time. I am cruising myself this week and then begining another DC blast for 6 weeks. I will then cruise again and try a couple weeks of that high rep routine to see where that gets me.

I like the drag curls with the DBs. I also feel like I don't get a great contraction when using the BB. I will incorporate that movement into this coming blast.

Question: Do bench dips aggravate your sternum?
I loved the drag curl with DB, the first one I did was kind of on accident but when I fealt the contraction that way I just kept doing it that way. I tend to keep my elbows back pretty good when curling anyway so this was an accidental discovery. It will be in my full body program this time around tho...

As far as bench dips, I have not tried them in a long time. However the Hammer Dip is almost the same movement and angle as that so that may be my next tricep addition. Let me try it out on my next weight workout on Thursday and I will let ya kow for sure. Man thanks for reminding me about those. I think that may work since the new gym doesnt have a Hammer Dip machine.
ah sh1t! DB drag curls!! Genius!
Man they feel AWESOME, never had that type of contraction on my biceps.

You know based on this I can just go straight into HST from DC training as the first week is exactly as you described...
Well I think you would still need to do the Strategic Deconditioning. My suggestion would be to just do 2 a day cardio the week you are off. Otherwise I don't think the HST will be able to give you the benefits and gains it normally can. The SD is a major factor in that program. You will already be at such a high level both intensity and weight-wise without some SD you wont make the gains you would from HST. That and i think it would be beneficial to your body to recover more since you will have been blasting away at it and on lower cals. Get that rebound effect when you come back and gain a pound or two of muscle in the middle of your prep since you will be on PRIME then.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll for sure be trying db drags out soon. Sound awesome!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't mind it anymore but I still WANT to push it when I am there. I find that I am constantly reminding myself not to go all out. I have learned a lot about personal limits the past year or two since my age caught up with my joints a little.

Nice! That will be great for anyone who wants to learn.

I loved the drag curl with DB, the first one I did was kind of on accident but when I fealt the contraction that way I just kept doing it that way. I tend to keep my elbows back pretty good when curling anyway so this was an accidental discovery. It will be in my full body program this time around tho...

As far as bench dips, I have not tried them in a long time. However the Hammer Dip is almost the same movement and angle as that so that may be my next tricep addition. Let me try it out on my next weight workout on Thursday and I will let ya kow for sure. Man thanks for reminding me about those. I think that may work since the new gym doesnt have a Hammer Dip machine.

Man they feel AWESOME, never had that type of contraction on my biceps.

Well I think you would still need to do the Strategic Deconditioning. My suggestion would be to just do 2 a day cardio the week you are off. Otherwise I don't think the HST will be able to give you the benefits and gains it normally can. The SD is a major factor in that program. You will already be at such a high level both intensity and weight-wise without some SD you wont make the gains you would from HST. That and i think it would be beneficial to your body to recover more since you will have been blasting away at it and on lower cals. Get that rebound effect when you come back and gain a pound or two of muscle in the middle of your prep since you will be on PRIME then.
2 a day and nothing else? I guess I may be getting ahead of myself. The combination of OEP and swole is making me think I'm beyond human again!! Really... I'm just ready to tear ****e up!! Better get my brain back into it I guess... I told you this happens to me when things go well!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2 a day and nothing else? I guess I may be getting ahead of myself. The combination of OEP and swole is making me think I'm beyond human again!! Really... I'm just ready to tear ****e up!! Better get my brain back into it I guess... I told you this happens to me when things go well!!
Well I mean you could add in some pushups and stuff but really I would allow for as much recovery and deconditioning that you can get. Just do enough cardio to make up for the caloric expenditure you are missing for lifting days. I would guess you are burning a good 500-600 calories during a workout minimum. So an extra session would be good enough, an extra session of HIIT would be even better causing the rise in metabolism to mirror the same type of rise you would get from your weights with both activities being intense and anaerobic.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hasnt it been close to 7 weeks sine ur first workout?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hasnt it been close to 7 weeks sine ur first workout?
Yes Sir, that is why I am in my "cruise mode" however going back to my full body next so I decided to cruise full body style too. I need to go ahead and go back to the begininning compare some of my weights and stuff for the final summary of strength gains. Gonna be interesting to see. Of course some exercises were modified since then so I wont be able to compare them but still there are some great increases.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sweetness ill be looking for the final review of your 7 week cycle!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I mean you could add in some pushups and stuff but really I would allow for as much recovery and deconditioning that you can get. Just do enough cardio to make up for the caloric expenditure you are missing for lifting days. I would guess you are burning a good 500-600 calories during a workout minimum. So an extra session would be good enough, an extra session of HIIT would be even better causing the rise in metabolism to mirror the same type of rise you would get from your weights with both activities being intense and anaerobic.
Yah that's what I always do during my week off .. and for the same reasons. I just simply replace my workout sessions with a mixture of HITT and moderate cardio sessions.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid workout there Mr.Kleen. I'm with you on the high rep stuff. It's funny how easy they sound until you start them up. I used to keep my reps fairly low until about 2 years ago when I made the transition from power-building to true bodybuilding. Sets of 15 to 20 at first were a real challenge. It was a different world altogether for me. But I have fell in love with the extreme pump and fierce burn of these high rep sets. Even when I'm training heavy in blast type situations, I still toss in a back-off set of uber high reps after the rest-pause sets. I know this is not advocated by DC, but as I've often stated, my routine is only a DC hybrid. I have to do things my way it seems.......:rolleyes:

I also like the sound of those DB Drag Curls. I love regular drag curls with an EZ Bar, so I'll be using this every other workout for a change of pace. Thanks for an innovative idea.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid workout there Mr.Kleen. I'm with you on the high rep stuff. It's funny how easy they sound until you start them up. I used to keep my reps fairly low until about 2 years ago when I made the transition from power-building to true bodybuilding. Sets of 15 to 20 at first were a real challenge. It was a different world altogether for me. But I have fell in love with the extreme pump and fierce burn of these high rep sets. Even when I'm training heavy in blast type situations, I still toss in a back-off set of uber high reps after the rest-pause sets. I know this is not advocated by DC, but as I've often stated, my routine is only a DC hybrid. I have to do things my way it seems.......:rolleyes:

I also like the sound of those DB Drag Curls. I love regular drag curls with an EZ Bar, so I'll be using this every other workout for a change of pace. Thanks for an innovative idea.
Yah high reps are definitely an achilles heel for me. That's a good reason to keep coming back to them.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweetness ill be looking for the final review of your 7 week cycle!
I believe I will have it ready today. I took some pics this morning when I got up and weighed myself a WHOPPING 208. Damn It Man I am BIG!

Yah that's what I always do during my week off .. and for the same reasons. I just simply replace my workout sessions with a mixture of HITT and moderate cardio sessions.
I think during my prep for my HIIT type of training to burn cals and keep muscles incorporated I will pose for 60 minutes on the days I would be lifting, and 15-30 on cardio days. I will start posing this coming week as well so I have a couple routines down so well I don't have to think about them. I am kind of eyeballing Epic by Faith No More as my posing song. That will be Epic won't it!

The purist attitude of Dante is hard to swallow, his way works like he says but where he is wrong is his way doesn't work as well for everyone and instead of being annoyed that people use some of his principles with adjustments he should still be happy for the exposure. I love the program but even it has its faults to me. I am encorporating some of this stuff into my own workout program that I have kind of been developing over the years. I will have it all together very soon too. I just need to edit the drafts and make minor changes and it will be complete as a work.

Yah high reps are definitely an achilles heel for me. That's a good reason to keep coming back to them.
Amen, I love the high rep pump, that is a big part of my dropsets too.