Killin it Lean with Dexaprine

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have a very thick back bro.. props to you!

mike

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I'm really dropping weight fast. Pre training weight was 181.5. Haven't lost any strength however so things are good!! Trained bis and shoulders today.

Seated db curls
45x10x3

21s ez bar close grip
75x10x3

Spider Curls ez bar
65x10x4

Guillotine Curls
65x10x4

Incline db lateral raises
25x8
20x10x3

Front raises
30x10x4

Db shrugs
100x10x4

Standing behind the head press
135x10
165x10
195x8
205x5

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Back day tonight. Left lat didn't bother me at all. Still dropping weight. Pre training weight was 180.5. Feeling good otherwise except for a little wrist pain but nothing too terrible.

Rack Pulls
135x10
225x10
315x8
365x6x2
Decided not to go heavy on rack pulls until I can get the grip down.

Db Rows
60x10
80x8
90x6
80x8
60x11

Seated Rows
160x10x3

Full Range Pull Downs
135x10x3

Face Pulls
65x10x5

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anytime bro, its the one bodypart that some days I love, and some days I hate! haha

Mike
Up until about 2 months ago I kinda half ass trained back and never did any DL's

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Up until about 2 months ago I kinda half ass trained back and never did any DL's
For like 3 years, until about 4 months ago, I forgot rear delts exist.. I never once trained em lol.. then I started noticing my shoulders look funny in a side chest pose and couldn't figure out why until a ortho doc at my gym asked me wtf I did to my rear delt muscle lol.

I focus trained the hell outa it.. blew up really fast.

Mike

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really the only rear delt work I do is face pulls from the top position of cable cross rack. I've thought about throwing some destroyers in there as look pretty good. Any suggestions?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do, bent over rear delt flys on the machine that my gym has, its a cable machine designed for that.. I do rear delt flies with dumbells and also on the chest fly machine.. thats it..

Mike

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday's training went well. Going to go heavier for a couple of weeks to stimulate some growth. Per training weight was 180.

Standing DB Curls
50x16
60x14
70x12

Incline DB Curls
45x18
50x12x2

Spider Curls ez bar
65x10
75x8x2

Cable Cross Curls
35x12x4

Rope Pushdowns
65x12
80x8x2

Vbar Pushdowns
Stack+5x8x3

Reverse Grip Single Arms Pushdowns
40x10x3

Weighted Dips
45+BWx15x3

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do, bent over rear delt flys on the machine that my gym has, its a cable machine designed for that.. I do rear delt flies with dumbells and also on the chest fly machine.. thats it..

Mike
There's no machine like that at my gym but definitely gives me an idea! Thanks for the tip

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Finally got some nice weather here, and it's making it hard to sit at work lol. Trained back today, and did added a new lift. I call it Rack Pull Shrugs, basically you do a rack pull and at the top, shrug. Simple and sweet!! Really got a good pump in my upper back and traps from these. Weight Pre Training was 179

Rack Pull Shrugs
135x10
225x10
275x8x2
225x10
135x10

Face Pulls start at the bottom up a few clicks after each set, working to the top then back down
42.5x10x10

Bent Over DB Rows
70x10
80x10
90x8
80x10

Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns (holding at the bottom for a 5 count)
130x10
140x8x2
130x10

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Be careful with rack pull shrugs.. I remember reading an article about how easy it is to get seriously hurt from those.

Mike

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Be careful with rack pull shrugs.. I remember reading an article about how easy it is to get seriously hurt from those.

Mike
I will make sure and go lighter on them. Actually trained back today and only went to 225x8x4. My left forearm has been pretty jacked the last few days so have been playing it kinda safe with lighter weight on everything

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will make sure and go lighter on them. Actually trained back today and only went to 225x8x4. My left forearm has been pretty jacked the last few days so have been playing it kinda safe with lighter weight on everything
Rack pulls are fine.. shrugs are fine. Its the overpowering combo that gets people.

Mike

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya I've noticed they put a lot of strain on my elbows. I'm going with lower weight and doing 5 shrugs to each pull and that hasnt been bad. Going to try Dexaprine again tomorrow. Stopped due to it being too strong for me but gonna give it a try tomorrow and see what happens lol

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Ya I've noticed they put a lot of strain on my elbows. I'm going with lower weight and doing 5 shrugs to each pull and that hasnt been bad. Going to try Dexaprine again tomorrow. Stopped due to it being too strong for me but gonna give it a try tomorrow and see what happens lol
Have you tried just half a cap?

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya but my blood sugar drops and heart rate goes way high. Feels like I'm having a panic attack