Jim Goes NUTS with AppNut!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HGH-Up and IGF-2 are actually very similar. HGH-Up seems to help a little better with recovery/sleep and IGF-2 more with performance/endurance.

That's an interesting workout. How do you like Uncut before cardio or HIIT like this? I'm a big fan of 2 caps since it doesn't really get my heart racing like most pwo's do if I take them before HIIT.
Yeah, it was fun. I wanted to test the performance enhancement benefits that others notice when playing sports.

Generally, I enjoy it for HIIT. I might up to 3 on Friday and see how I like it at that dose for lifting, and then make the judgment on what dose I want/need.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Yeah, it was fun. I wanted to test the performance enhancement benefits that others notice when playing sports.

Generally, I enjoy it for HIIT. I might up to 3 on Friday and see how I like it at that dose for lifting, and then make the judgment on what dose I want/need.
My sweet spot is 3 caps for lifting and 2 caps for HIIT or sports.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DE Upper: 16MAY13

Pre: 3 Drive, 3 Uncut, 3 Uptake
Intra: Do I really need to repeat this?

Bench Press: 6x3@55% (125#) : 125x6x3 (2xthumb from smooth, 2xpinkie on ring, 2xmiddle finger on ring)

JM Press: 95x5, 115x5, 135x5, 155x5 (PR), 175x4 (My wife said these looked more like CGBP, but I didn't get it on video lol)

a1. Wide Grip Pulldown: 90x8, 100x8, 100x7
a2. Low Pulley Face Pull: 80x8, 120x8, 140x7

Koklov Press: 95x8, 105x4, 95x7

Trap Bar Rows: 65x8, 85x8, 115x7, 135x8

Notes: Will have to try 3 caps a few more times before I can make a judgement on it. I can't say that I notice a sudden rush of energy with uncut, if anything at all it's just that I have the ability to continue lifting. It will be easier to weigh on it when I run out lol. My breathing is less labored when exercising as I continue using the drive (and possibly uncut as well). First week of DE went well, added some extra rowing volume because I didn't do any during my GPP. Feeling good, the pump was good after the superset. Biceps were hurting as I walked to the rack for the Koklovs (which are awful by the way).

Will update this with video links when they finish uploading to youtube. Got the first set of each hand grip for the DE Bench, and the first set of Koklovs on video. (yes, I know I make funny faces when I'm straining myself).

Obey46

Obey46

Awards

Bench Press: 6x3@55% (125#) : 125x6x3 (2xthumb from smooth, 2xpinkie on ring, 2xmiddle finger on ring)

JM Press: 95x5, 115x5, 135x5, 155x5 (PR), 175x4 (My wife said these looked more like CGBP, but I didn't get it on video lol)

Notes: Will have to try 3 caps a few more times before I can make a judgement on it. I can't say that I notice a sudden rush of energy with uncut, if anything at all it's just that I have the ability to continue lifting. It will be easier to weigh on it when I run out lol. My breathing is less labored when exercising as I continue using the drive (and possibly uncut as well). First week of DE went well, added some extra rowing volume because I didn't do any during my GPP. Feeling good, the pump was good after the superset. Biceps were hurting as I walked to the rack for the Koklovs (which are awful by the way).

Will update this with video links when they finish uploading to youtube. Got the first set of each hand grip for the DE Bench, and the first set of Koklovs on video. (yes, I know I make funny faces when I'm straining myself).
Yeah the energy from Uncut is more long lasting energy than a kick in the butt for a short time. Similar to having an energizer battery attached to your back :) You won't notice it till the morning after the workout haha

Are you dosing Drive 3 waking up and 3 pre workout?

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards

I love the 3 caps dose of Uncut. People are freaked out about how much caffeine that is (390 mg), but it doesn't hit you all at once like most pwo's. It's a cleaner energy that really just drives you to keep going. For me it's enhanced MMC and the ability to work out longer with less rest than normal. I just get in a zone and keep going.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No gym for me this weekend, but went in today and did some work.

20MAY13 ME Upper

Pre: 7 Uptake, 3 Drive, 3 Uncut
Intra: Gatorade+BCAA+

Warm-up: Foam Roll/Lacrosse ball upper body, Shoulder Over and backs/Dislocates, Push-ups, Tricep Pushdowns, BB Incline Benchx alot

Incline Bench: 95x3, 135x3, 155x3, 175x3, 185x3 (PR? Probably had 195)

Dips: BWx15, +45x10, +90x1--+45x10

a1. Dante Rows: 90x12, 110x12, 130x10, 140x8
a2. CS RD Rows: 35x8x3, 35x9

b1. Cable Shrugs: 150x15x3
b2. RG BB Curl: 60x7, 50x12, 50x9

HG Pull-Up: BWx8x2, BWx6

175x3: http://youtu.be/UW2JOTTII2s

Trying to get big (post workout):
IMG_20130520_193841.jpg

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good depth on those inclines bro! How were the pumps on the 7 No Uptakes?
The pumps were awesome.

Noticed them during the pushdowns that I did in the warmup, and they stay the whole time lol.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did something to my back yesterday, not exactly sure what.

It hurts when I turn my head to the left, sharp pain right next to my right scapula. Deep in the muscle.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Did something to my back yesterday, not exactly sure what.

It hurts when I turn my head to the left, sharp pain right next to my right scapula. Deep in the muscle.
That's no bueno. Hopefully some NSAID's and rest will take care of it in a few days. In the meantime I would be careful with it.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's no bueno. Hopefully some NSAID's and rest will take care of it in a few days. In the meantime I would be careful with it.
I'm not too worried about it. More of an annoyance than anything else. It isn't overly painful, just noticeable.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hit DE Lower today.

Pre: 3 Uptake, 3 Drive, 2 Uncut
Intra: SSDD

Warmup: Foam Roll, Hip/shoulder circles, BB Box Squat x bar x enough

DE Box Squat: 2x6 @185
Pause Squat: 2x2 @185 (2 sec hold)

Sled Drags: 180(+sled) x35-40yds, 270(+sled), 315(+sled)

GHR: BWx8, +GREENx8, + GREEN+ PURPLE x8

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Hit DE Lower today.

Pre: 3 Uptake, 3 Drive, 2 Uncut

Warmup: Foam Roll, Hip/shoulder circles, BB Box Squat x bar x enough

DE Box Squat: 2x6 @185
Pause Squat: 2x2 @185 (2 sec hold)

Sled Drags: 180(+sled) x35-40yds, 270(+sled), 315(+sled)

GHR: BWx8, +GREENx8, + GREEN+ PURPLE x8
Nice workout. How's your back?

Obey46

Obey46

Awards
Pain's sharp but not too extreme.

Mostly noticeable when I turn my head.

It's localized to the one spot. Wasn't an issue during the workout.
Have you tried rolling it w/ a foam roller? Usually does the trick for me if I pull a muscle.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Videos:

Pause Squats:

http://youtu.be/A2XTHG8bnwg

http://youtu.be/iw05ieUg-EE

Sled Drags:

270: http://youtu.be/ChO1_T2y4Mk

315: http://youtu.be/hSivEykA41E

My chest looks like it drops during the squat, not sure if it's something I should try to fix or just leave. I never notice any discomfort during squats (DE, RE, or ME) but I don't know if that is going to limit my ability to squat heavier weight. Might have to focus on driving my neck into the bar in an effort to sit taller at the bottom of a squat....thoughts?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Form looked perfect JB

Rucksdaddy

Awards
Is that expensive?
Usually your insurance will cover some of it. So for example, I have Blue Cross. They will cover 12 visits a year. After that, you have to pay or if it's a real need/injury, your chiro can submit it to them to get additional visits. But paying for a straight out visit, yes, it's expensive.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Usually your insurance will cover some of it. So for example, I have Blue Cross. They will cover 12 visits a year. After that, you have to pay or if it's a real need/injury, your chiro can submit it to them to get additional visits. But paying for a straight out visit, yes, it's expensive.
I don't think I can do that lol.

My insurance is military, and I would have to jump through hoops and then never even see a chiro lol

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yesterday's workout

22MAY2013 GPP

Pre: 2 Uncut, 3 Drive, 4 Uptake

Warm-up: Agile 8 (7 actually, forgot my lacrosse ball lol)

Uneven Farmer's Carries: 97#/70# x 60yards x 2
http://youtu.be/Pk_5zwWgVJc

Sled Rows: 180#(+sled) x 60yards x 2
Me: http://youtu.be/dadKFCRxxJY
Wife: http://youtu.be/jLHfr9M_w08

KB Front Carry: 97# x 40yards x 2
http://youtu.be/iMbn33ssM5E

10 Minute Intermission (had to drive to stadium, people were using the field to PMCS equipment)

Ladder Drills --> 25M Sprint (Do the ladder drill, and go straight into a 25M Sprint)

- 2 Feet per Rung x 4
- 1 Foot per Rung x 4
- 2 Foot Hop x 2

4 x 50M Sprints (Sprint 50M, walk back, repeat.)

Ground Starts
- Push-up: 4 x 10-15M
- Kneeling: 4 x 10-15M

Notes: Found my breathing less labored after each sprint. My between set recovery has definitely improved, I noticed that I was ready to go at a much faster pace than my wife (and she is a machine, so that's a good thing). Worked on my acceleration and speed. I'm fast when I get going, but my acceleration is poor, so I busted out the ladder and worked on moving my feet+arms as fast as possible. Felt good when I was done.

Wish I could have videotaped some of the sprints as well, but there wasn't a lot of time for my wife to get me doing that. Oh well, maybe next time.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Nice workout, Jim. Man, I wish my gym had a turf area like that.

Obey46

Obey46

Awards
Solid training bro. Do you compete in any type of athletics?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice workout, Jim. Man, I wish my gym had a turf area like that.
Its nice man. I'm honestly going to miss that.
Solid training bro. Do you compete in any type of athletics?
Not currently. Considering starting up some strongman type training, but my short term goal is to play some college football next year.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tonight I got in some DE Upper work. The intensity was a little lower, and I allowed myself a little more rest today between sets because of how high intensity the last 3 days have been. Focused on moving more weight, with less momentum for more sets.

DE Upper 23May13

Pre: 3 Drive, 3 Uncut, 7 Uptake, 3g Mono

Warm-up: Band external rotation, Band Dislocates, Foam Roll Back, Lacrosse ball Pec Minor, Bicep/brachialis, and Rear Delt/Mid Back, Band Bradford Presses, Band Pull-aparts, BB Bench with bands around forearms.

DE Bench: 135x2x7
http://youtu.be/uNkXRNvPOLw
http://youtu.be/kGiT3ht2LXM

Close Grip Bench Press: 135x5, 175x5x2, 185x3, 195x3
http://youtu.be/dIAb81SUUhc

a1. 1 Arm Pulldown: 60x10, 80x8, 90x7, 100x7
a2. DB Pause Low Row: 50x8x2, 55x7, 55x8 (rest weight for 1 second deadstop on ground between each rep)

Koklov Press: 65x8, 75x8, 85x5
http://youtu.be/5BlivZ_C2YY

Reeves Variation Row: 90x7, 90x8, 110x5, 110x6 (+bar weight, used the shorter bar. No idea what it weighed, anywhere from 15-25lbs) *dead stop between reps*

Notes: Figured out why the BB Slants when I do most presses. My right Tricep is significantly stronger than my left, and you can notice it when the triceps begin to finish out the bench presses. Will begin doing more unilateral tricep work to attempt to correct this.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Throw some Tate presses into the mix:

Rucksdaddy

Awards
Tonight I got in some DE Upper work. The intensity was a little lower, and I allowed myself a little more rest today between sets because of how high intensity the last 3 days have been. Focused on moving more weight, with less momentum for more sets.

DE Upper 23May13

Pre: 3 Drive, 3 Uncut, 7 Uptake, 3g Mono

Warm-up: Band external rotation, Band Dislocates, Foam Roll Back, Lacrosse ball Pec Minor, Bicep/brachialis, and Rear Delt/Mid Back, Band Bradford Presses, Band Pull-aparts, BB Bench with bands around forearms.

DE Bench: 135x2x7

Close Grip Bench Press: 135x5, 175x5x2, 185x3, 195x3

a1. 1 Arm Pulldown: 60x10, 80x8, 90x7, 100x7
a2. DB Pause Low Row: 50x8x2, 55x7, 55x8 (rest weight for 1 second deadstop on ground between each rep)

Koklov Press: 65x8, 75x8, 85x5

Reeves Variation Row: 90x7, 90x8, 110x5, 110x6 (+bar weight, used the shorter bar. No idea what it weighed, anywhere from 15-25lbs) *dead stop between reps*

Notes: Figured out why the BB Slants when I do most presses. My right Tricep is significantly stronger than my left, and you can notice it when the triceps begin to finish out the bench presses. Will begin doing more unilateral tricep work to attempt to correct this.
Looking good man. Definitely hit the triceps individually to close the gap in the strength difference.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, you are up about a lb.? Do you feel like you have any recomposition going on or are you just not gaining weight?
From the end of the last log, yeah.

I think I mentioned it on here, but when this actually started I was at about 168. So a 2 pound increase in about 3 weeks is a good bit of weight for me.

I seem leaner to my eye, but I will wait for my final pics and measurements before I answer that definitively.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
From the end of the last log, yeah.

I think I mentioned it on here, but when this actually started I was at about 168. So a 2 pound increase in about 3 weeks is a good bit of weight for me.

I seem leaner to my eye, but I well wait for my final pics and measurements before I answer that definitively.
Good stuff. Yeah, if it's 2 lbs. of lean mass in 3 weeks, then that's great.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a strong session today. Got some video updates for you guys again.

ME Lower 24MAY13

Pre: 4 Uptake, 3 Drive, 3 Uncut, 5g Mono
Intra: Gator + BCAA

Warm-Up: Agile 8, Thoracic Extensions, Foam Roll Mid Back, LBBS x 45# x alot

LBBS: 95x3, 135x3, 185x3, 225x3, 275x3, (+belt)315x3, 335x1, 335x3 (PR)
315: http://youtu.be/pVnl1DtMDRw
335x1: http://youtu.be/H3El0GhOJoY (racked it because it felt shallow, watched the video, saw it wasn't bad and then went for the set of 3 that I had meant to get)
335x3: http://youtu.be/mYTXpaKNxZw

HB Oly Squat: 135x8, 185x8, 225x8 (it's amazing how light the first two were after how heavy the LB was. The last set was not that way though lol)
135x8: http://youtu.be/xZk9Yg7hAHI
45 Degree Hypers: BWx15, +25x20

a1. Sprinter Sit-Up: BWx18x2
a2. Plank Walks: BWx10x2
a3. Superman: BWx8x2

Not a lot of volume today, but it was an extremely good workout. Legs were toast and the glutes were on fire after the hypers. Never really found myself short of breath though, which is funny because after the LB I was cooking between those sets. Had a PR today, my 1RM ~6 weeks ago was a 345x1 and today I hit the 335x3. Feeling good, about to smash some pizza when it shows up and then watch some worlds strongest man with the wife.

Obey46

Obey46

Awards
Strong squats today. Nothing like some good noms after a leg workout. Do you prefer low bar squating vs high bar?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strong squats today. Nothing like some good noms after a leg workout. Do you prefer low bar squating vs high bar?
low bar is stronger for me, I need to increase my core and posterior chain strength as they are limiting my squat, along with tight hip flexors being an issue.

Obey46

Obey46

Awards
low bar is stronger for me, I need to increase my core and posterior chain strength as they are limiting my squat, along with tight hip flexors being an issue.
Yeah I'm the opposite. I'm used to high bar, but trying out low bar for much heavier sets.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Went in on Saturday to do some Core work mostly. Wasn't able to do the GPP stuff that I had planned because of the training holiday this weekend on post....

25MAY13

Pre: 7 Uptake (mostly just to push blood into the sore muscles), 3 Drive, 5g Mono
Intra: Water

Warm-Up: Agile 8, Foam Roll/Lacrosse Ball Hip Flexors, Shoulder Dislocates

Standing Cable Crunch (extra emphasis on pausing at the top with a braced midsection): 60x13, 70x13, 80x13, 80x14, +took a step away 90x12
Standing DB Side Bends: 20x8, 25x8, 35x8

GHR: BWx8, +45x8, +55x8

BB Roll Outs: BWx8, BWx5

Notes: Went in and did some core and then a little more PC volume. Roll Outs always f*** me up, so my abdominals are a little sore today (which is a good thing in some ways). The GHR's felt good, not very difficult with that weight, but it was enough for a good contraction and to force some blood into the tight glutes/hammies.

Training Changes: I'm going to be doing a lot more direct core work to supplement my carries for the foreseeable future, more Posterior Chain volume on lower body days and possibly on GPP days as well. Will also be doing some unilateral tri work to help strengthen the left tricep.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Morning weight fasted: 173.6 (wait, wut?)

Hit ME Upper today. Weighed in this morning, wasn't really surprised by what I weighed (I weighed myself yesterday afternoon and was a little over 174) so yeah, don't know how it swung that hard. My guess is that I was depleted when I last weighed myself?...

Anyway....

ME Upper 27MAY13

Pre: 3 Uncut, 7 Uptake
Intra: Gator + MBCAA

Warm-Up: Foam Roll/Lacrosse Ball Upper body

DB Bench: 40x10, 50x10, 60x4, 70x4, 80x4, 90x4 (PR), 100x2 (PR)

Tate Press: 35x10, 35x9, 40x7

a1. Dante Rows: 140x5, 160x5, 180x5, 200x5, 230x5 (PR)
a2. Rear Delt Raise: 15x5x2, 20x5x2, 30x5

b1. Trap Bar Shrugs: 185x12, 275x11
b2. BB Curls: 60x10, 60x9

BB Roll Out: BWxF

Plank: BWxF (maybe 60 sec?)

Notes: Hit a PR on the DB Bench. Had intended to get 100x4 but she just wasn't there today. Left arm said, and I quote, "NO MORE!" Had a lot of focus today, went in with the intention of hitting the big boy dumbbells and I sure did it. From there I tried Tate Press for the first time, was definitely a good exercise choice for my supplemental lift. Really smoked the triceps. Wanted another set of the shrugs/curl superset but the gym was closing and I needed to hit my core today. On that note, tried to do rollouts again but my core was too sore and I couldn't do it :cry: so I did a plank until the gym closed. Which was probably around a minute. Afterwards, we went to the pool and got some sun. Played a little volleyball (which I found out I'm awful at) and we're calling it a day.

Rucksdaddy

Awards
Morning weight fasted: 173.6 (wait, wut?)

Hit ME Upper today. Weighed in this morning, wasn't really surprised by what I weighed (I weighed myself yesterday afternoon and was a little over 174) so yeah, don't know how it swung that hard. My guess is that I was depleted when I last weighed myself?...

Anyway....

ME Upper 27MAY13

Pre: 3 Uncut, 7 Uptake
Intra: Gator + MBCAA

Warm-Up: Foam Roll/Lacrosse Ball Upper body

DB Bench: 40x10, 50x10, 60x4, 70x4, 80x4, 90x4 (PR), 100x2 (PR)

Tate Press: 35x10, 35x9, 40x7

a1. Dante Rows: 140x5, 160x5, 180x5, 200x5, 230x5 (PR)
a2. Rear Delt Raise: 15x5x2, 20x5x2, 30x5

b1. Trap Bar Shrugs: 185x12, 275x11
b2. BB Curls: 60x10, 60x9

BB Roll Out: BWxF

Plank: BWxF (maybe 60 sec?)

Notes: Hit a PR on the DB Bench. Had intended to get 100x4 but she just wasn't there today. Left arm said, and I quote, "NO MORE!" Had a lot of focus today, went in with the intention of hitting the big boy dumbbells and I sure did it. From there I tried Tate Press for the first time, was definitely a good exercise choice for my supplemental lift. Really smoked the triceps. Wanted another set of the shrugs/curl superset but the gym was closing and I needed to hit my core today. On that note, tried to do rollouts again but my core was too sore and I couldn't do it :cry: so I did a plank until the gym closed. Which was probably around a minute. Afterwards, we went to the pool and got some sun. Played a little volleyball (which I found out I'm awful at) and we're calling it a day.
Look at you handling the big boy weights. Nice.

Obey46

Obey46

Awards
Solid work on the PR's! That feel when Drive is no more :(

How'd your weekend go?